Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My cat deserves to be taken care of in the event of my death.

In a few years, I'll be 50 and still fat and therefore likely to die. I don't have a partner or kids. My cat means the world to me.

I was drawing up my will and I asked my sister to adopt my cat if I die. I said I would leave my whole estate (about $8,000) for the care of my cat. The bitch said she didn't want to be named guardian of my sweet cat, that she had a real family with real responsibilities.

Now there is a serious rift between us and she feels like a hostile stranger to me. Also, she said she didn't want me raising her kids should she and her douche husband die.

by Anonymousreply 3303/05/2013

I take care of your cat for free.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2013

While looking at my local shelter's website I saw a sad thing -- 4 of the cats were from an owner who died in a car accident. Poor things.

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2013

[quote]In a few years, I'll be 50 and still fat and therefore likely to die.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2013

OP, there are millions of fat people who live long lives, or at least certainly well past 50. Unless you have severe health problems, there is no reason to believe you will die so soon.

See your doctor.

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2013

Are you serious r5? Wow, to bury a cat alive is not cool. Tell your relatives to enjoy their karma.

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

You and your mother are trash r5.

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

Some no kill cat shelters will take your cat when you pass away, but you have to have arranged it with them first.

BUT

Instead of being worried about what will happen to your cat if you die in a few years because you're in such bad shape, why not get spend the time and effort to get healthy if for no other reason than you will be able to be with your cat for the rest of his/her life.

by Anonymousreply 903/05/2013

OP, send me $5000 as a down payment and I promise I'll look after your cat.

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2013

If there really is no one and you are dying, then give your cat 2mg of ativan, and once asleep tie a plastic bag over his/her head.

Humane and certain.

I hope my cat would do the same for me.

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2013

Firstly OP just being 50 and overweight doesn't mean you'll suddenly drop dead on your 50th birthday, you don't have cancer you just have some extra weight around the middle which can be gotten rid of by replacing that burger you're currently eating with a salad.

Secondly have you considered losing the weight so that you (not your sister who clearly is not a cat person) will be around for the cat? I dont want to sound harsh but where does your responsibility for the cat begin? And why would she leave her kids to you? You've just told her you don't intend to lose weight and expect to be dead at 50. Do you expect those kids to be orphaned twice?

Lastly, in the unlikely event that you're hit by a bus next Wednesday, please ensure that your cat goes to cat person. I would never leave my dog with a person who was only going to tolerate her. Your sister was being honest, she isn't going to love that cat. Good to know, now find someone who will. OP, this is your health, your cat, your responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 1203/05/2013

I suspect you're trolling OP but in case you're not...

Let it go. If your sister doesn't want the cat she'd never care for it anyway. Find another option.

I asked for my aunt's dog when she had to go into a nursing home. The dog was all I got when she died but he was an absolute joy and he had a loved and happy life.

OTOH friends asked me years ago to take their dog if anything happened to them. I said yes at the time but now they have THREE different dogs, none of which are housebroken.

I've told them time and again to take me OUT of the will but I doubt they ever will. Sadly, those dogs will go straight to a shelter if anything does happen to them and I've told them this straight up.

Find someone else who actually cares about you cat, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1303/05/2013

I'll kill you and your cat for just $5000 of the $8000 you have earmarked for keeping the kitty alive and grieving after your unfortunate fat-related death.

by Anonymousreply 1403/05/2013

Don't be so mean r14.

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013

The scenario of your life sure reads like a troll post. 50, fat, poor and with a beloved cat? You cannot be for real.

by Anonymousreply 1603/05/2013

Reserve a place for Tammy right next to your burial site.

by Anonymousreply 1703/05/2013

I don't believe any of this....

by Anonymousreply 1803/05/2013

Shouldn't have read R5

by Anonymousreply 1903/05/2013

OP,

As long as you're still alive, you still have time to...

-make new friends

-find a partner

-enjoy your life

-go on a strict no sugar/white flour diet*

(*I dare you to do it for 48 hours and NOT lose weight)

by Anonymousreply 2003/05/2013

Hi, Umpy (aka OP)! Did you think we wouldn't recognize you?

by Anonymousreply 2103/05/2013

Unless you're gigantic, morbidly obese, you're unlikely to die in your 50s. You sound sad OP, don't give up, losing weight isn't as hard as you think. 50 could be the beginning of a new life for you.

by Anonymousreply 2203/05/2013

OP----you are 50 years old and your total net assets only amount to $8,000? I find that extraordinarily low. Would you tell us what happened to you, financially?

by Anonymousreply 2303/05/2013

$8,000 isn't an estate, an embarrassment? Yes, but not an estate.

by Anonymousreply 2403/05/2013

$8,000 is just a decent 10 day vacation in Europe for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 2503/05/2013

You can change your lifestyle to give you a better chance of living FOR YOUR CAT. OR, you could hook up and volunteer with some animal rights screws and leave them your estate asking that they care for your cat.

by Anonymousreply 2603/05/2013

[quote]give your cat 2mg of ativan, and once asleep tie a plastic bag over his/her head. Humane and certain. I hope my cat would do the same for me.

I'll be doing it for you before you ever get a chance to do it to me, motherfucker!!!

by Anonymousreply 2703/05/2013

Umpy, have you followed CrazyMint's(?) suggestion and started listening to Public Enemy?

by Anonymousreply 2803/05/2013

The SF SPCA has a program for this scenario. I think its called Sido.

by Anonymousreply 2903/05/2013

This can't be Umpy--he doesn't have $8000.

by Anonymousreply 3003/05/2013

Oh relax R7, they b eat it to death with a shovel before tossing it in the casket.

Even if the cat had been alive it would have dined like a king for quite a while...or until its' air ran out.

by Anonymousreply 3103/05/2013

Yes, this is me and I hope Tammy and I die together.

by Anonymousreply 3203/05/2013

J'adore R5!

by Anonymousreply 3303/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.