Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Machines make me nervous.

Since I was a kid, I have been disturbed by machines that are always plugged in.

My early 1980s clock radio made me nervous because the faux wood finish always felt warm. I would unplug it and then reset it everyday because I wanted it to be able to rest and cool down.

Right now, my roommate insists on running the AC/heat pump fan on automatic (we're in Austin), meaning the motor doesn't shut off; it will run all night.

I've got problems. At least I have earplugs for tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013

Why does your roommate run the heat/AC fan 24/7?

by Anonymousreply 103/05/2013

It's the central air unit, I don't know if it's an A/C or heat pump or both.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2013

idiots, all of you

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2013

I smell r/u/m/py

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2013

Does the roommate just like the noise the fan makes, or does he think it's doing something to improve the indoor air quality?

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2013

It was hot in the house and she thinks the fan cools the house down. It does, but it just makes me anxious. I want the motor to rest.

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2013

You've got major problems -- not only your weird neuroses, but even more the fact that you feel there's something to be gained by writing about them on DataLounge. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

The sound of electric fans slowly makes me more & more anxious. I can handle it briefly....but then after a about 5 minutes I start to get very nervous.

The worst one for me is the one above the stove!

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

Op, snap out of it you weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 903/05/2013

Danger Will Robinson!

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2013

The noise is coming from inside the roommate, OP. Something must be done.

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2013

I thought that said Munchkins. That would have made more sense, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1203/05/2013

I run the fan on my heating/AC unit all the time. I can't stand a quiet house and need the white noise.

by Anonymousreply 1303/05/2013

I sleep with the fan on, even in the winter. I like that noise, it lulls me to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 1403/05/2013

If you need white noise, or just want some sound in the house, it would be much cheaper to use a portable oscillating fan than using your home's HVAC blower fan.

First off HVAC fans draw way more current, so are more expensive to operate.

Secondly running that much air through your system just means you're going to have to change the filters more often. Those add up over time too.

Replacing an HVAC fan motor is an $$$$ proposition compared to buying a new cheap fan.

You can't do it yourself, and HVAC labor ain't cheap.

So stop that ridiculous practice and save yourself some significant dollars.

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!