Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cannibalism

Does anyone know anyone who has done this? Can you think of a reason why people perform this other than mental illness?

by Anonymousreply 1603/05/2013

Curiosity. I've eaten my own flesh because I wondered what it would taste like (it tasted like blood but it was a very small piece).

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2013

Also, there were ritual/ceremonial/religious reasons among many tribal peoples who practiced cannibals. Other civilisations that lacked access to animal proteins ritualised human sacrifice and cannibalism partly as a dietary supplement. There are as mean reasons to enjoy long pig as there are colours in the rainbow.

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

The taboo is probably relatively new, based on our awareness of dying from eating spoiled meat. People go all Mary about a disgusting but natural human practice.

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

Someone please eat r3; I'm too tired to do it myself.

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

Obviously inspires by The Cannibal Cop thread

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

R1, did you purposely cut off a piece of your own flesh to try it?

by Anonymousreply 603/04/2013

r6 I want to know the same, dish r1!

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

I wrote a university paper once about cannibalism among this one tribe in Brazil, I think it was. Mortuary endo-cannibalism (endo meaning eating family/loved ones/those from your tribe, and exo-cannibalism meaning eating outsiders, like to eat the heart of a vanquished enemy to gain his strength). It was actually really fascinating. I think the general taboo about cannibalism is very old, though.

The area this tribe lived in was very muddy and prone to flooding, and they had a major taboo about the earth/ground - they lived high up. So burying someone was the worst desecration, and only suitable for slaves or enemies. They would consume the bodies of loved ones after death. But there was a taboo about eating one's own blood kin. So the duty would fall to the son-in-law, not the son. It was considered repellent, not pleasant, but still a great honor. It's very rare if not completely unheard off since the mid-20th C, though.

Lots of cultures have death rituals that involve the deceased being brought back into the family in some way, and mortuary endo-cannibalism is part of that tradition. Some parts of the world have 'double burial' traditions where the body is temporarily buried for a number of years, then the bones dug up and either re-buried in a proper, grand ceremony, or interred in the home. It has to do with this whole idea of flesh being polluting and dangerous and bones being 'clean' - in some Chinese rural traditions the flesh of a deceased ancestor is considered spiritually dangerous and bad luck, but the bones are good luck. After the 'bad' flesh has gone, the bones can be used to reunite the deceased person with the family.

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

I heard that some tribes eat babies that die very young, or perhaps practice infanticide of girl babies.

by Anonymousreply 903/05/2013

Is OP fucking kidding?

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2013

Wow r11, I guess I was apt to say "dish". I would probably do that too. I thought you meant like a leg or something.

by Anonymousreply 1203/05/2013

Post more, R8.

by Anonymousreply 1403/05/2013

Who wants to eat my pussy?

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013

I don't know R1/R11. If I had sliced a chunk of meat off my finger, my thoughts wouldn't be, oh I should eat it.

by Anonymousreply 1603/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.