Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

‘End Times’ Radio Host Believes Obama May Be Antichrist And May Declare Himself God

Rick Wiles, host of the radio show “End Times,” believes that while President Obama may not be the Antichrist foretold in the Bible, he’s definitely the latest human incarnation of Satan in a man’s body. His evidence for such a claim comes in the form of two news items: Obama’s filing of a legal brief opposing California’s Proposition 8, and a scheduled visit to Israel this spring.

Specifically, Wiles believes that Obama’s desire and work to “change laws” is evidence of a Satanic presence. Wiles emphasizes Daniel 7:25 by saying: “‘He shall persecute the saints of the most high and shall intend to change times and law.’ Now that’s what I want you to focus on. ‘He shall persecute the saints of the most high and shall intend to change times and law.’”

Then, after discussing Proposition 8 and Obama’s intent in filing the brief, he says,“So brace yourself, Mr. Obama may declare this week that homosexual marriage is a constitutional right. Is he the Antichrist who changes times and law? Only time will tell.”

The religious right has a history of saying that gay marriage will be the undoing of civilization. The dean of Liberty University’s school of law insisted earlier this year that allowing gay marriage will open the floodgates to destroying freedom of speech and religion, families, and traditional marriage, and will ultimately lead to revolution. And former Pope Benedict XVI called out gay people for denying their God-given sexual identities, and warned that gay marriage (along with euthanasia and abortion) threatened world peace.

But Wiles takes it further, using Obama’s legal brief against Prop. 8 as a segue into discussing the possibility of Obama cementing his position as Antichrist by walking into the Temple Mount area and proclaiming himself God. It appears that, to Wiles, it’s a little too convenient that Obama would urge the Supreme Court to declare gay marriage a constitutional right and then visit Jerusalem, and says,

“I think it will be interesting to see if he enters Jerusalem on the same day Jesus entered the city prior to Passover.

“Now here’s a crazy thought, I’m not suggesting that it’s going to happen; I’m just saying it’s kind of a crazy thought. Suppose that Mr. Obama enters the Temple and declares himself as God. Now, I don’t even want to go there today, I think it is too early for that happen, but this is starting to get a little spooky, isn’t it?”

While he couches his comments in “supposedly” and “I’m not saying,” it’s pretty clear what he is saying. However, it’s extremely unlikely that Obama would do something so offensively crass.

Part of the issue with the religious right, particularly those on the extreme right, is a certain inflexibility and fear of change. Given that times have changed quite a bit, not only through the making and changing of laws, but also through scientific and technological advances, one has to wonder just how many of the innovators of these changes have been considered an Antichrist. Times and laws change whether we like it or not. Obama is not the first U.S. president to be suspected of being Antichrist. Fundamentalist Christians tend to suspect any leader who is unusually influential and charismatic. Presumably, the first U.S. president thought to be Antichrist was FDR, both for his influential abilities and his desire to form the United Nations. One of the things that Antichrist is supposed to do is create a one-world government, with himself as the head. Many evangelical Christians at the time believed that, if FDR wasn’t Antichrist, he was definitely under Antichrist’s influence.

JFK was also thought to be Antichrist when he was running for president, and Gregory Stuart Gordon thought that Reagan was Antichrist.

It seems that the fundamentalists look hardest at a person’s charisma, as Antichrist is supposed to be extremely charismatic and uses that charisma to influence the world to follow him. They do, however, tend to ignore other characteristics and qualifications when declaring that this leader or that leader is a likely Antichrist.Unfortunately, the paranoia that comes with that only furthers the politics of fear.

by Anonymousreply 6803/04/2015

I really wish the Rapture was going to happen so God can suck these idiots off the planet and sell them as slaves or cheap meat, so the rest of us can resume progressing as an intelligent species.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2013

What if he is? Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2013

Good. When he's a god I hope his top priority is taking this global economy back from the 1% and billion dollar corporations.

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2013

indeed, big deal. Plus, he's acted so far far to conciliatory to be a good candidate for "anti-Christ".

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2013

Before Ronald Reagan emptied and shut down all the insane asylums, mentally disturbed people like Rick Wiles could be kept away from the public.

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2013

Everyone knows that Richard Simmons is the anti-christ.

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2013

The Anti-Christ will be a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

Wrong R10. For one there is not such thing as an anti-Christ, for another it will probably be a Fundie Christian.

by Anonymousreply 1107/24/2014

Zzzzzz.....doesn't matter R12. No such thing.

by Anonymousreply 1307/24/2014

I used to know some guys who big into LARP. What this guy wrote sounds a lot like the sort of things they would go on about. Crazy, illogical rules, fantasizing about things that dont exist in reality, the drama, the tension. It's all there.

by Anonymousreply 1407/24/2014

Can bizarre charlatans like Rick Wise possibly make enough money to support himself with these types of endeavors? Who advertises on his radio show, or does one have to purchase the streaming version of it?

by Anonymousreply 1507/24/2014

Well he's had six years. What's he waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 1707/24/2014

I'm apathetic on the issue R18. Don't care but I also don't believe in the devil or an anti-christ or demons, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1907/24/2014

One thing is certain. His presence has caused the right to lose its mind.

by Anonymousreply 2007/24/2014

Oh, and this guy is insane.

by Anonymousreply 2107/24/2014

I thought these people long for the End Times and look forward to the return of Jesus. Why are they so afraid of it happening? Shouldn't they be rejoicing that it's coming?

by Anonymousreply 2207/24/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2307/24/2014

I lurv you, r23.

by Anonymousreply 2407/24/2014

Pretend Sky Pal says what?

by Anonymousreply 2507/24/2014

Funny thing; this radio host sounds as if he thinks of himself as god.

by Anonymousreply 2607/24/2014

So many crazies.

by Anonymousreply 2707/24/2014

[quote]The world unites against Israel, sides with the unjust.

Oh, the irony.

by Anonymousreply 2907/25/2014

[quote]An unexplained hole in the Earth has opened in the area of Siberia

As usual, science, reason and facts trump make-believe.

by Anonymousreply 3107/25/2014

[quote] now -the- plague in China

The plague is always in china. The plague is endemic to China. It's no biggie. If Chine gave a shit, they'd be more hygienic and try to wipe out such diseases. They still have polio in China. Because China is hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 3207/25/2014

[quote]If you feel, within yourself, that the end of this season approaches, you know what it means.

No more white after Labor Day already? Damn, the Summer flew by.

by Anonymousreply 3407/25/2014

[quote]But, the wicked will join to persecute Israel. You are just doing what is firetold.

[quote]That is your destiny

Your destiny is to get a spellchecker.

by Anonymousreply 3507/25/2014

"Obama May Be Antichrist And May Declare Himself God"

Barack, I think they're bugging our bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 3607/25/2014

Luke always had the best acid.

by Anonymousreply 3807/25/2014

R30, the Book of Revelation, chapter 2 verse 9 says "I know your afflictions and your poverty — yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan."

What is being foretold by that? What group of people falsely claiming to be Jews is the Book of Revelation talking about?

by Anonymousreply 3907/26/2014

>>>Christ told us to love one another as we love ourselves. The Anti-Christ will tell us to love ourselves to the exclusion of loving our fellow humans.

You mean Ronald Reagan was the anti-Christ?

by Anonymousreply 4007/26/2014

There really is an epidemic of mental illness in this country.

Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 4107/26/2014

The president is really the Antichrist?

I hate it when that happens!

by Anonymousreply 4207/26/2014

When is the last time anyone saw him?

by Anonymousreply 4307/26/2014

R28, holding a sign a street corner screaming "the end is nigh, repent repent REEEEEEPENT!" too old fashioned for you? You dug this thread up from how long ago?

by Anonymousreply 4407/26/2014

Good lord, there are some seriously fucking crazy and very uneducated posters on here. I'm talking about you, idiot, at R28/30.

by Anonymousreply 4507/26/2014

Cthulhu prepares his arrival:

by Anonymousreply 4607/26/2014

R47, so you bumped this thread just to write that.

Listen up, you twit, Israel gets a god damned check every year and gets to do whatever the fuck it wants to the Palestinians with full support from the US including the weapons to do it, so I suggest you STFU, you schnorrer.

You aren't satisfied unless his head is up that country's ass.

Netanyahu wasn't even there, you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4901/28/2015

Wait! I thought I was God!!

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2015

R51, let's see if you're full of shit or not: Would you treat homophobic Jews the same way *all* Palestinians are treated? Would you blow up their houses and kill them by the thousands?

by Anonymousreply 5201/28/2015

There weren't even enough homophobic Jews to prevent the Knesset from legalizing homosexuality long before the US did the same. And that law was an artifact of British Civil Law, so India has no excuses for upholding its own law.

[quote]Would you blow up their houses and kill them by the thousands?

I don't have to. Your beloved Palestinazis want to do it for you, and once they destroy Is rael, they'll go after the rest of the world's Jews, too. They want all Jews dead. Joan Rivers, who as done more for gays than you will ever know, was right about them, and the fact that she's dead and Nazi scum like Mel Gibson and Mahmoud Abbas are still alive proves conclusively that there is no God, and therefore all this End Times crap is just that: crap. But because of radical Islam's genocidal aims, they deserve everything bad that happens to them. And as non-petroleum energy sources become more commonly used, the terrorist groups will lose a major source of their funding.

If you are not a militant zi onist, you are a racist. Period. If you try to accuse zion ists of raicsm, you are a racist projecting your own racist onto an anti-racist movement.

by Anonymousreply 5401/28/2015

I've never met a Jew as homophobic as the self-loathing, Nazi-loving KKKapo R52/R53.

The Jews are gay people's best friends. Jews have been at the forefront of every single civil rights movement in American history. Gays and Jews are the reason Broadway is the source of the majority of the only good music AmeriKKKa ever produced.

by Anonymousreply 5501/28/2015

Joan Rivers was right about those racist, sexist, anti-semitic homophobic genocidal Palestinazi monsters, and her plastic surgeon is a murderer who should die in the electric chair.

by Anonymousreply 5601/28/2015

When you dirty fucking goyim stop telling lies about the Jews and Is rael, Is rael and the Jews will stop telling the truth about you bigoted gentile trash. Is lam and Christianity are the worst things to happen to human civilization, and blaming the Jews for any of the shit they committed is like blaming Alfred Hitchcock for Gus Van Sant's remake of [italic]Psycho[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 5801/28/2015

[quote]You're supremacist scum who just showed everyone you're fine with homophobia as long as they're Jews. Disgusting troll.

I'm not fine with so-called Jewish homophobia, but Jews are the least homophobic of the three Abrahamic religions to begin with, and it is the goyim whose misinterpretations of the "clobber passages" in the Bible have caused two millennia of repression. And frankly, Buddhists and Hindus have proven to be bloody great assholes, too, consid

But you Is rael-haters and anti-Zi onists (all of whom are racists by definition) would never hold any other country or any other nationalist movement to the standard you hold Is-rael and you fucking know it. The Palestinazi end game involves the genocide of the Is-raeli people. They kill their own people for doing business with Jews. Their state TV brainwashes their kids to hate Jews. They have said time and time again they desire the destruction of Is-rael. Because of that, anything the Jews do in retaliation is self-defense. Anti-semites deserve no mercy, either. Nor do anti-black racists. All of them just have to die, like Oprah said. And if you're not contributing to that end, you're part of the problem.

For that same reason, gay-on-breeder violence is also justified: it's payback for oppression.

by Anonymousreply 5901/28/2015

Everything good about human civilization exists because of Jews, gays and black people.

by Anonymousreply 6001/28/2015

Blacks are the master race, Jews are the master religion, and gays are the master sexual orientation:

by Anonymousreply 6101/28/2015

There are more homophobic Muslims and Christians then there are Jews and gay people anywhere on Earth. They are the enemies of humanity. They must be stopped by every means necessary as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 6301/28/2015

Hold me, King David!

Maybe these ISIS fuckers -are- the orecursors to Antichrist!!

by Anonymousreply 6502/20/2015

I don't think it's him either, but only because it would be too damned obvious! It'll be someone, something he introduces.

by Anonymousreply 6602/20/2015

All this tension in the Middle East, the return of the Caliphate, the demonization of Isræl seen even here (on a gay board, mind you!), Obama's rapprochement to Iran is making me wonder.

I'm not religious, but I do find developments -things I would have thought impossible 30 years ago- unsettling. Eschatology is an interesting area of inquirt

This is an unfortunate thread title, but there's no "Are we seeing tge Apocalypse of John of Patmos/Book of Revelation play out" thread.

Besides the snide snickering and atheistic lampooning, what do you think?

by Anonymousreply 6703/04/2015

Does an Islamic antiChrist figure make sense?

by Anonymousreply 6803/04/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!