Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Golden Girls - New Dutch Remake!

Here's a full episode. I can't believe it's real. lmao It was on last year apparently. Wonder if they're planning more.

by Anonymousreply 2403/06/2013

Ha! Even the Dutch "Dorothy" looks like a man in drag (with a passion for clunky jewelry).

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2013

What's the dutch word for lanai?

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

You're amazing!!

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

OP, you win the Internet!

I am over GG threads but you, sir, have found the one thread I'm actually happy to see!

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

Dutch is the most beautiful language in the world.

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

Wow, Bea Arthur was feminine and pretty compared to that man in drag.

by Anonymousreply 603/04/2013

You must be deaf if you think Dutch is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 703/04/2013

Why'd they cast Rip Taylor as Dorothy?

by Anonymousreply 803/04/2013

The uploader is going to see if they can get more episodes. I can't believe I'm actually enjoying watching this. haha

by Anonymousreply 903/04/2013

From what I could tell from the opening credits, it looks like in addition to Susan Harris (the creator) getting a credit, they are using scripts from the original GG, because American writers got a credit too.

by Anonymousreply 1003/04/2013

It's definitely the episode "Stan's Return." I can already figure out the dialogue because I remember the episode so clearly. Some of it is in English too. Stan says in English, "You're going to tell me that I told you so." That's the same exact line. The sets are even the same. Watch this episode, then google, 'Golden Girls Stan's Return' and watch that. You could put the two side-by-side -- exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 1103/04/2013

It's funny that they're giving them crappy 80s clothes, but there's a computer in the background in the living room.

by Anonymousreply 1203/04/2013

They uploaded another episode. Blanche is going through the change. LMFAO! They're breeding chickens instead of minks.

by Anonymousreply 1303/05/2013

They should do a UK remake. Honor Blackman could be Blanche. Diana Rigg could be Dorothy. Liz Smith could be Sophia...

by Anonymousreply 1403/05/2013

[quote]They should do a UK remake

No, no. Queen Elizabeth as Sophia, Princess Anne as Dorothy, Sarah Ferguson as Rose, and since Diana is no longer around, Prince Edward's beard as Blanche.

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013

They've done a UK remake in the past titled 'Brighton Belles'. I don't know how successful that was though.

Just a bit of trivia but the GG cast performed for the Queen in a filled theater.

by Anonymousreply 1603/05/2013

The premise of "The Golden Girls" was quite simple; what made it a success was the perfect casting of it's four leading ladies.

by Anonymousreply 1703/05/2013

These women don't have the chemistry the originals had. Their outfits are dumpy too, even the nightgowns.

by Anonymousreply 1803/05/2013

Brighton Belles bombed. Golden Girls was very popular in the UK in the late 80's, early 90's. The Queen's late mother was a huge fan of the show and personally requested that the girls peform at one of the Royal Variety Shows.

No one wanted to watch four different women doing the exact same thing. There was a Who's the Boss remake done at the exact same time, too.

by Anonymousreply 1903/05/2013

BB lasted two series.

by Anonymousreply 2003/05/2013

Most of the comments at the site below are extremely negative. People complain about the lack of originality and call the show "cringeworthy."

by Anonymousreply 2103/05/2013

[quote] There was a Who's the Boss remake done at the exact same time, too.

What's "Who's The Boss?"

by Anonymousreply 2203/05/2013

Can someone explain the differences?

Sophia is much more stylish in the dutch version. She looks like and older version of the other three, not so much like an "old lady".

They seem to drink wine with cheese and olives rather than eat cheesecake during their midnight gabfests. Is there no dutch equivalent to cheesecake?

How do they deal with Sophia's memories of Sicily?

what is the Dutch version of St. Olaf?

by Anonymousreply 2303/06/2013

It would only make sense if these Dutch ladies had all retired to Spain or Portugal, but the series seems to take place in the Netherlands (well, using a completely fake-looking set.) And where in Holland do they have beaches like the one they show at the beginning? Surely not Zandvoort or Scheveningen?

by Anonymousreply 2403/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!