Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The next Pope

Do you think he is going to be gay friendly and support same sex marriage?

by Anonymousreply 2403/05/2013

The next Pope will be one thing for sure. He will be The Last Pope.

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2013

OP, why do you care? Why does the Catholic Church have any bearing on your life?

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

Not a fucking chance in hell.

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

Why do you care R2? Why didn't you just scroll by this thread?

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

Because r4, I see a lot of people asking this same question, and I don't think they've considered the obvious: why do they care? I think people have been brainwashed into believe that the Catholic Church has some sort of authority on issues in relation to places like the United States. This only gives the institution power.

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

Do you think the next Pope will go upinto the old Pope, or the old Pope will go upinto the next Pope?

by Anonymousreply 603/04/2013

St Malachy never wrote those Pope prophecies. They were written several hundred years after he died as a ploy to get a certain individual elected to the position by having the candidate "match" the so-called predictions. The first few hundred years they do match because those Popes had already lived and died. The remaining predictions only match if you stretch your imagination to fit the clues.

Answer to the question asked is no

by Anonymousreply 703/04/2013

Dear Catholic church, You don't need to tolerate this negativity from these jealous homos. Call my lawyer, Allison Hart. The law firm is Lavely and Singer. She will send threatening letters to the webmaster and this harrassement will be deleted immediately.No one needs to be so abused like this.

Take care and please buy my lois ck approved cancer specials,

Tig Notaro

by Anonymousreply 803/04/2013

I say the next pope will be gay, and closeted, and denounce same-sex marriage -- just like the old Nazi pope.

by Anonymousreply 903/04/2013

That Pope-to-be will never get elected. Another closet case dinosaur

by Anonymousreply 1003/04/2013

[quote]The Pope is the direct representative of Lord here on Earth and the head of the one and only true Christian Church. He is the most important person on Earth.

Speaking of Earth, you should try visiting our planet sometime.

by Anonymousreply 1203/04/2013

No

by Anonymousreply 1303/04/2013

I'm betting on Marc Ouellet from Quebec. He's about as far to the right as you can be. He will keep the Latin mass wackos and the opus dei happy. The next pope will not be gay friendly. We're reverting to Pre-Vatican 2.

by Anonymousreply 1403/05/2013

[quote]The Pope is the direct representative of Lord here on Earth and the head of the one and only true Christian Church. He is the most important person on Earth.

Aw, cram it, churchy.

by Anonymousreply 1503/05/2013

When they elected John XXIII, they thought he would be a silent caretaker and let the Cardinals run free. Maybe the same thing could happen again.

by Anonymousreply 1603/05/2013

Uhm... no.

by Anonymousreply 1703/05/2013

[quote]He will keep the Latin mass wackos and the opus dei happy.

Watch for any comments about the pope election from Rick Santorum. He's part of the Opus Dei cult.

by Anonymousreply 1803/05/2013

No, OP. Do you know anything at all about the Catholic Church? It's not a progressive institution.

by Anonymousreply 1903/05/2013

Yeah sure. He'll also promise to personally provide abortions to all in need and give all the churche's money to the poor.

by Anonymousreply 2003/05/2013

There is one reference to a conversation that Jesus had with Peter, giving HIM the keys to the gates of heaven. BECAUSE earlier in the story Peter identified him as the Messiah in response to Jesus asking the apostles who they thought he was.

ZERO suggestion that any other human being, Peter's "heir" or otherwise would inherit that position.

Furthermore, the Hebrew suggests that Jesus was referring to Peter's statement and his faith as the Rock upon which the church will be built, not Peter.

So, no, he isn't. Intercession, and the priesthood itself, is an invention of the members of the church who were bolstered at that time by the political authorities i.e. Rome. What the hell did Jesus ever have to do with Rome, other than to say "render unto Caesar what is Caesars?"

by Anonymousreply 2103/05/2013

Don`t you think that for a SECOND,OP.They will never change,they`re simply wired to be conservative to the final extreme,forever.

by Anonymousreply 2203/05/2013

[quote]There is one reference to a conversation that Jesus had with Peter, giving HIM the keys to the gates of heaven. BECAUSE earlier in the story Peter identified him as the Messiah in response to Jesus asking the apostles who they thought he was.

Where is there concrete proof of this? Why is there no video or mp3 of this conversation? I demand concrete proof.

This is no different from all the people claiming Tom Cruise and Hugh Jackman are gay. There's no concrete proof. Show me the pictures.

by Anonymousreply 2303/05/2013

Prediction: the next pope will be conservative (there are no liberal cardinals) but there is a strong chance that he will be more charismatic than RATZINGER and will provide a path for married diocesan clergy and open a door toward allowing contraception ~ that is about how much progress could be made. Dark horse = Sean Cardinal O'Malley. They will start to deal with homosexuality but not go the Anglican/Episcopalian route which is better for women and lgbt folks ~ which is where you ought to go for an Apostolic fix without a Pope.

by Anonymousreply 2403/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.