Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can Mitt Romney save Detroit?

Like he saved The Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2013

That would be hilarious. I hope they do offer it to him.

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2013

As long as he is far away from Washington, DC and the White House - I don't really care.

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

R1 I hope they do too. I'd love to see him try to fix that mess!

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

He'll just move it all to China.

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

Good luck with that!

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

He "saved" the SLC Olympics by getting a large amount of federal financial support for the Games. He's supposed to be against that kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 603/04/2013

Congress should grant Detroit huge tax break for manufacturing jobs to relocate there. Perhaps all Americans would be eager to buy American made products if there was a good PR campaign to really promote this initiative. One wonders if Apple made all of their products in America how much more popular they would be, and how their market share would be even larger, since every patriotic American would be happy to purchase.

by Anonymousreply 703/04/2013

Saving Detroit is not glamorous enough for Mitt--and certainly not Ann.

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2013

That's a good opportunity Mitt! You know lots of people say America needs a leader who really knows business... Now it's your time!

by Anonymousreply 903/05/2013

As much as we'd like to help, when I said "It's our turn," I didn't really mean Detroit.

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2013

It's been pointed out elsewhere that local Detroit politicians have essentially done to Detroit what Romney did to numerous companies - overloaded the city with debt, then cashed out & left an enormous mess.

Why would Mitt be interested? It's not like there's any capital left to loot.

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.