Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Arizona GOP Measure Would Allow Citizens To Ignore Federal Laws

Arizona isn’t the only state attempting to nullify federal authority in violation of the Supremacy Clause in the U.S. Constitution. Texas, Indiana, Wyoming, Kentucky, Arkansas, Alaska and several other red states have also been considering similar measures. Such measures are costly to taxpayers because states are forced to defend them in courts which always strike them down as unconstitutional. The only constitutionally sound way to challenge a federal law is through the judicial system, with the final say coming from the Supreme Court. These Republican attempts to nullify federal authority are no more than attempts to revive the issue of state’s rights, an issue that has been settled since the end of the Civil War in 1865. Federal law trumps state law. Republicans need to get over it.

by Anonymousreply 903/04/2013

I didn't realize Arizona was such a backwards shithole until these last few years. What kind of people live there?

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2013

Elderly assholes, R1.

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

Elderly asshole clinging to their money and old ways. "I've got mine, screw you" mentality is rampant with these old fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

I am afraid that there really is some method to this madness. I can't imagine that all of these states are passing or attempting such laws without a strategy in place. It could be that the politicians know the laws will never pass, but they are pandering to their voting block. Ironically, the liberals probably opened the door for all of this by openly defying federal immigration law.

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

I admit I'm ignorant about this but what is the federal immigration law and how are liberals only responsible? Republican politicians don't really want to do anything about it either. Let's face it they hire illegals as much as the next guy.

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

R5, Several states have passed laws saying that state employees are NOT to assist federal agents in immigration issues. Then there are safe harbor or sanctuary cities that openly disregard federal laws.

by Anonymousreply 703/04/2013

Also, the medical marijuana laws are contrary to federal law.

by Anonymousreply 803/04/2013

They just hate Obama. They didn't do anything like this under other presidents.

by Anonymousreply 903/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.