Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Serious Question: How would you help Anne Hathaway repair her image?

Two or three years ago, she could have gone on "Glee" and parodied herself, but that's been done.

Maybe if she lezzed out in public. People need to see she's not uptight.

by Anonymousreply 8303/08/2013

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2013

She's a fucking millionaire and an Oscar winner, I'd say she's doing better than most of us. Fucking suck it up, whiner.

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

Lie low for a year and then do an indie where she plays a country western singer making a comeback... oh no not that either.

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

Gain 20 pounds and play a lesbian serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

Get some help, OP. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

A sex tape with the other women who've won Best Supporting Actress and then fallen off the radar completely.

by Anonymousreply 603/04/2013

It's not that bad, and it's not my concern.

by Anonymousreply 703/04/2013

Her images problem is that people think she's all image.

by Anonymousreply 803/04/2013

She'll be fine. I mean, she's annoying but it's not like she pulled a Mel Gibson or anything. Just needs to lay low for a bit, make a good movie and all will be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 903/04/2013

I don't usually think this way but I have a feeling that she will become the first celebrity whose career is ruined by social media and the lemmings that are mainstream media, based only on her perceived personality.

If I am right, then it is a very scary precedent.

Their is so much hate just waiting to be ignited in the virtual world. I am no fan of Anne, btw.

by Anonymousreply 1003/04/2013

Are you fucking kidding r10? I highly doubt any of this cyber hate will affect her at all. She's young so she reads it but I don't think it matters at all to her career. Remember the I hate Brenda Walsh websites back in the day? I don't think they affected Shannen Doherty at all. She's lame now but wasn't taken down by that shit.

by Anonymousreply 1103/04/2013

she should be low key and genuine

by Anonymousreply 1203/04/2013

r11

No, I am not kidding or I would not have posted.

I don't feel like arguing about it...just a feeling I have.

by Anonymousreply 1303/04/2013

Shannon Doherty's character on 90210.

There was an "I hate Brenda" grassroots campaign.

by Anonymousreply 1403/04/2013

r13 Sorry, I didn't mean to come off bitchy, I just am baffled that anyone who is as famous as her would care what anon boards and others have to say. I am not a fan of hers but I think she will be ok.

Brenda Walsh was a 90210 character played by Shannen Doherty. Back when the internet was first getting big there was an I hate Brenda Walsh website that people thought was really bitchy and mean. I guess it was, I don't know. At any rate, I don't think it affected Shannen at all and I don't think this stuff will affect Anne.

by Anonymousreply 1503/04/2013

The thing is, there's no real reason for the hate, other than she's ambitious and serious, some people hate that in a woman. She can't make the ambitiousness and seriousness go away, because they're what makes her successful.

Her best bet is to take some time out of the public eye, and to fake a sense of humor when she returns.

by Anonymousreply 1603/04/2013

I would have her play a villain in a movie, an unhinged TV host on Tim and Eric Awesome Show semi-regularly, star in a SNL digital short that's sure to go viral, visit the troops with the USO, and donate a large amount of money to a small and unpretentious American charity.

by Anonymousreply 1703/04/2013

She needs to run for public office and show more vajayjay.

by Anonymousreply 1803/04/2013

Duct tape.

by Anonymousreply 1903/04/2013

Act, don't talk.

by Anonymousreply 2003/04/2013

Date Russell Crowe.

by Anonymousreply 2103/04/2013

Some time away from the public eye, some rest and as previously stated a couple of good film roles and she’ll be fine.

Some changes to her “team” may also be in order. I posted months ago that Huvane is long played out as a pr maven for anyone serious. He’s good for celeb-types like Aniston, JLo and Goop but not “serious” actresses as Hathaway aspires to be. Who does Weisz Watts or Chastain’s pr? That’s the place she needs to be in right now, not this current circus.

I bet that in the run up to the current situation when all the negative online crap was gearing up many weeks ago that Huvane let it ride, believing the “no publicity is ever bad publicity” type of meme. I bet he told her to ride it out it would disappear right after she won her Oscar and that’s why there’s no crisis plan in place now. She needs to can him if true.

by Anonymousreply 2203/04/2013

In the old Hollywood days, the studio heads depended on fan mail to tell them who was star material. Then the starlet got the big build-up.

The movie fans have spoken.

by Anonymousreply 2303/04/2013

Shannen Doherty acted like a cunt, people hated her and her career was never the same.

I would also guess that Paltrow's career would be doing a hell of a lot better if people didn't perceive her as a snotty bitch.

So I do think the wrong kind of image can ruin or hamper an actress's career.

by Anonymousreply 2403/04/2013

This time I truly believe R9 is the actual Gwyneth Paltrow. I could totally see her posting or lurking here especially on this type of thread.

by Anonymousreply 2503/04/2013

She should have twins, a girl and a boy. And then she should pimp them on Oprah and in all the women's magazines while rhapsodizing about how they "saved her life."

by Anonymousreply 2603/04/2013

Anne would probably benefit from a mentor. A fellow celebrity who is better at navigating the minefield that is the entertainment business. Someone extremely talented with superior intelligence rapier wit and breathtaking beauty.Most of all someone with humility and a kind generous heart who gives of herself selflessly.Honestly I can't think of anyone who would fit the bill better than Academy Award winner Jennifer Lawrence. I do wonder if she would have the time to take on a project of such magnitude she is always so busy with her humanitarian endeavors one wonders how would she find the time. Although knowing Jen I'm sure she'd make time she just doesn't have the ability to turn away someone in need.

by Anonymousreply 2703/04/2013

I don't think her image has needed any repair at all until very recently, because of that strange comment at the end of her Oscar acceptance speech and also the silly controversy over her dress. Even when she hosted the Oscars with Franco, although he was deservedly raked over the coals, I think she personally came out of it smelling like a rose because nobody felt it was her fault.

by Anonymousreply 2803/04/2013

I do find all this anti-Anne stuff disturbing, because it's so unearned. It's like a bunch of school bullies jumping on a brainy girl, because they want to "put her in her place". I use that phrase deliberately, because it means the bullies believe they get to decide what someone's "place" is, and they feel free to piss on other people's aspirations and achievements, usually because they have none of their own.

Jennifer Lawrence has avoided all this nastiness, because she's pretended she doesn't give a shit about winning an Oscar and being Hollywood's Flavor of the Month. It's not true, nobody gets to that position without sacrificing everything to get there!

Hathaway needs to hire Lawrence's publicist. That person has done a great job of disguising Lawrence's ambition, which seems to be what the bitches hate.

by Anonymousreply 2903/04/2013

She should have a baby. Some actresses these days are only famous because they procreate.

by Anonymousreply 3003/04/2013

Personality Transplant...STAT!

by Anonymousreply 3103/04/2013

R29, extreme ambition and straight uo bitch assednedness don't necessarily go hand in hand. Hathaway is a high strung, bitchy person (see her comments to Sally Field), and all that just ain't necessary. She needs to tone it down.

Sissy Spacek, Sally Field, Meryl, Viola, Kathy Bates, Alfre, Jodie, and many others have made it to the top, and remained there, getting good roles into older age, without the bitch reputation.

It can be done, no doubt. But if age really IS a bitch, she should just own it and quit trying to come off as America's Sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 3203/04/2013

She needs a good slap from Meryl.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 3303/04/2013

Fatal drug overdose.

by Anonymousreply 3403/04/2013

Have her admit her white privilege and apologize for it.

by Anonymousreply 3503/04/2013

In general, I'm finding this newer crop of heavyweight actresses (Hathaway, Lawrence, Adams and Chastain) to be a lot more interesting than the Aniston's, Witherspoon's Hudson's and Paltrow's that we've had to endure over the last ten years.

by Anonymousreply 3603/04/2013

Of course Lawrence has made sacrifices. However, she has a very natural, down-to-earth quality that people like. She also seems to have a sense of humor about herself and all the attention. Anne has had a career that many actresses would envy. Her place in the industry was secure. But during award season she came off as desperate and kind of weird. She has an Oscar now. She needs to just relax and enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 3703/04/2013

Any kind of amputation would win people over. Or a life-threatening or disfiguring tumor.

by Anonymousreply 3803/04/2013

I think she's bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 3903/04/2013

Serious answer, OP. She doesn't need any image repair done. Everyone who is anyone in Hollywood knows and understands that it is just a bunch of screaming queens like you with a laptop in Peoria making this fuss. And guess what? You fucking don't matter.

by Anonymousreply 4003/04/2013

She appears to have only two very small upcoming roles according to IMDB, one a cameo in a Joseph Gordon Levitt movie, the other a voice role.

I would suggest she not do any bad movies or big movies, and that, above all, she NOT play Eliza in My Fair Lady for Clive Davis's proposed Broadway revival. She's a good actress and she can sing but she isn't good enough for that.

by Anonymousreply 4103/04/2013

lord r40...Do you ever leave Datalounge? CNN, the British Press, Joan Rivers and many others have covered the Anne hatred....

and by usaing the word queens you show your own age and self-hatred.

by Anonymousreply 4203/04/2013

Agree with R19. That's what I was going to say. She needs to lay low and shut up for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 4303/04/2013

Eliza in My Fair Lady is a no win role....Everybody gets compared unfavorably to Julie Andrews

by Anonymousreply 4403/04/2013

Christina Applegate did a wonderful job when she faked a pratfall on the Tonys. Face it head on and do a parody of yourself to show you have a sense of humor and a strong sense of self. (unless, of course, you're a strung out, neurotic hot mess of a cunt).

by Anonymousreply 4503/04/2013

Can someone please give a summary of this "Anne Hathaway hate" issue?

When did this become a "known thing?" What triggered it?

Am I that out of the loop nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 4603/04/2013

I agree with R24, though I don't call women cunts.

When an actress feels the need to apologize for the dress she wore she is running pretty scared. When it becomes a big story there is more to be concerned with.

Anne Hathaway was cyber bullied for months until the mainstream media joined in.

Someone is going to say that I am being overly dramatic, and she is privileged enough that my heart is not bleeding. I still think that she has been discredited to the point that her livelihood is compromised. Who wants that?

She may be a tone deaf and fake public personality. The concentration and momentum of public hatred was kind of scary.

If that kind of energy could be put to better use on more deserving targets....

Hide out Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 4703/04/2013

Someone should make a musical out of The Sterile Cuckoo. She'd make a great Pookie.

by Anonymousreply 4803/04/2013

She'd make a better Dookie.

by Anonymousreply 4903/04/2013

Something’s been really off for her since she did Les Mis. I’m thinking maybe the extreme weight loss played with her hormones and messed her up a bit she really hasn’t been the same since. Seemed very high strung and weird during press for The Dark Knight, that’s when I noticed a change from before. And she was fine before, dorky and over-earnest granted but nothing like she is now. Needs to gain a few more lbs back and take a break.

by Anonymousreply 5003/04/2013

I agree R50

by Anonymousreply 5103/04/2013

She needs to fail big, not small. Get arrested, abducted, life-threatening disease, sex tape, humiliated much more deeply than a missing E or a duplicated dress. It will humble her, and America loves a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 5203/05/2013

EVERYONE HATES HATHAWAY!

by Anonymousreply 5303/05/2013

She needs to just go away. She's been annoying ever since she hosted the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 5403/05/2013

She’s started to repair things somewhat today, was photographed having lunch in Venice with Martin McDonagh, of In Bruges and recent Seven Psychopaths fame. There a lot worse talents to be seen with or plan to work with

They were very friendly and affectionate with each other, so not everyone is avoiding her these days.

by Anonymousreply 5503/05/2013

There's only one way:

A no-holds-barred cage PPV cage match with Debra Messing.

by Anonymousreply 5603/05/2013

Strike the first cage....

But of course, AnnE has to win.

by Anonymousreply 5703/05/2013

Hathaway thinks highly of herself and has been for years. That's only coming out now, but it has been known in the business for a while.

I would sit her down and tell her that she doesn't come across as smart, but rather pretentious: So, darling, just answer the questions you are asked in as few words as you can.

by Anonymousreply 5803/05/2013

Be photographed smoking pot out of an apple, like Charlize Theron - the true indicator of a down-ass chick.

by Anonymousreply 5903/05/2013

Re-brand herself as 'Shitty Little Ann'

by Anonymousreply 6003/05/2013

This guy nailed it:

[quote] Richard Lawson of The Atlantic Wire told Hollywood.com's Moylan that Hathaway has "got this theater kid thing where she adopts the mood of every situation she's in -- rude and bawdy on 'Chelsea Lately,' poised and 'classy' at the Oscars, etc. -- but wildly overcompensates every time." Lawson continued, "She always seems like she's performing, and her favorite act is this overstated humility and graciousness."

Basically, the only way for her to repair her image is to stop worrying about her image and just be herself.

by Anonymousreply 6103/05/2013

I think it's hilarious that she has just won an award for acting but she can't act well enough to come across as sincere, modest and humbled. Hundreds of actresses have stood up there clutching their little award, looking "surprised" and making out like they're blown away by the victory. And many of them, no doubt, went home, high fived their publicist and yelled "suck it bitches". In the mean time the media wrote adoring articles about how sweet they were during their speech, how genuinely "stunned" the actress appeared and how well deserved their Oscar win was. Not AnnE though, no one bought a single word she said.

So she needs to fulfill all the movie commitments she's already signed onto because in a few years the work will have halved and the parts won't be as good. The execs will throw her name around as a casting option and then someone will pipe up and say " oh no, not Hathaway, the public hate her". There are a lot of things an actress can recover from publicity wise but the accusation that youre insincere coupled with a dull personality can be almost impossible.

by Anonymousreply 6203/05/2013

R61 - that's it! She reminds me of every theater kid I've even known. They all have that same affect.

That being said I'd like to see her dirty up her image with a nice drug overdose so she can repent and win another Oscar as a SURVIVOR.

by Anonymousreply 6303/05/2013

So that's wear Richard Lawson and Brian Moylan ended up. Miss them at Gawker.

by Anonymousreply 6403/06/2013

R64

Oh, deer.

by Anonymousreply 6503/06/2013

WHERE.

by Anonymousreply 6603/06/2013

Self immolation.

by Anonymousreply 6703/06/2013

Tickle her vagina with marshmallows.

by Anonymousreply 6803/06/2013

Tickle her vagina with marshmallows.

by Anonymousreply 6903/07/2013

I'm tired of the OP and his fanatical obsession with Anne Hathaway. Quit starting new threads. Confine your postings to the many threads you've already started about her. All you're doing is cluttering up this site with your obsession.

by Anonymousreply 7003/07/2013

[quote]In general, I'm finding this newer crop of heavyweight actresses (Hathaway, Lawrence, Adams and Chastain)

Me too!

I was shocked when I saw Anne's IMDb and the lack of future projects she has.

I've only started to find Anne annoying in the past year or s with her Oscar whoring and huge ego growth.

She come's across as unlikeable and pretentious and believing she's a much better actress than in fact she is like GOOP or Katie Hepbarn.

She could do what Hepbarn did after she was declared box office poison and she'll have to become more driven in getting roles for herself at her age.

by Anonymousreply 7103/07/2013

[quote] Hathaway thinks highly of herself and has been for years. That's only coming out now, but it has been known in the business for a while.

[quote] I would sit her down and tell her that she doesn't come across as smart, but rather pretentious: So, darling, just answer the questions you are asked in as few words as you can.

Thinking highly of herself is a trait she shares with every one of her peers in the business. Every A lister thinks well of themselves otherwise they wouldn’t be A listers.

I agree with the advice in the second part though.

by Anonymousreply 7203/07/2013

Best thing she could do is stay out of the media/tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 7303/07/2013

I agree with you 100%. She is currently way overexposed, deserved or not. She should just lie low and do her jobs while avoiding as much superfluous press as possible. I don't think her career is unfixable, but I gotta say that I used to be quite a fan, and even I am sick to death of her at this moment.

by Anonymousreply 7403/07/2013

Appear at a Florida sinkhole dressed as Fantine.

by Anonymousreply 7503/07/2013

lol at r75

by Anonymousreply 7603/07/2013

“avoiding superfluous press” should include no more arranged pap walks. That’s what started a lot of this shit, she was featured in the online media constantly sometimes 2-3 times a day for months despite calls that the coverage stop or slow up.

And she’s still at it. there were photos of her out today with accompanying articles. one headline: “and the Award For the Most Adoring Wife Goes to... Anne H Puts on an Affection Show with Adorable Husband”. For christs sake doesn’t she read the criticism?? the articles are increasingly detailing her husband, what he’s wearing how devoted is etc. wtf? If he’s shoved down our throats that will be the final straw.

by Anonymousreply 7703/07/2013

OP is a fucking butthole intent on humiliating himself. Only a little girl would be so concerned about another woman.

by Anonymousreply 7803/07/2013

Ignore the people who hate on her?

by Anonymousreply 7903/07/2013

Why is she still calling the paps?

by Anonymousreply 8003/07/2013

Good question. I think she's addicted to all the attention.

by Anonymousreply 8103/08/2013

yeah, so she is a millionaire who just got married and won an Oscar. She doesn't have an image problem. The haters have an insecurity problem.

by Anonymousreply 8203/08/2013

It's always so weird to me when I see celebs in New York just happened to get papped as they're walking down the street. I almost never seen paps around Manhattan so it just isn't believable that a pap just 'happened' to be around when Anne and her husband were tooling around Brooklyn or when Sienna Miller is walking around the West Village. I never see paps in the West Village.

by Anonymousreply 8303/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.