Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Enquirer: "BABS URGED DIANE TO DIVORCE BROLIN!"

[quote]“ENOUGH is enough!” That’s BARBRA STREISAND told DIANE LANE, prompting her to file for divorce from Barbra’s stepson, JOSH BROLIN. “Barbra has always cared more for Diane than Josh,” an insider told The ENQUIRER. “She feels he’s mistreated her enough and all the love in the world wasn’t going to save her marriage. She told Diane that it was time for her to cut her losses. In the end, poor Diane finally accepted that there was nothing left to salvage. Her life with Josh was over.”

I like the fact that "Babs" used one of her song titles to give advice.

by Anonymousreply 1103/04/2013

If this isn't true it should be.

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2013

Barbra isn't going to drop Diane as family, and that could cause a rift between her and Josh.

Barbra and Jason Gould need to call a family meeting at the Malibu compound and tell Josh that the family is taking Diane's side.

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

It's the National Enquirers, people. Is it now the gospel for gossip queens?

Just because they exposed John Edwards does not make it a legitimate source for all things factual. It's still a rag.

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

They've actually exposed a lot over the years, R3. They were the first ones to "out" Chastity "Chaz" Bono, among many other instances of true secrets/rumors.

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

They outed Claudette Colbert after she died in 1996.

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

So out of all the crap that they print on a daily basis, you guys take a few 'hits" and call it a legitimate news source now?

by Anonymousreply 603/04/2013

My cousin has a friend who used to write for the Enquirer. He always told her that they had legitimate, credible background sources for over two-thirds of the stories that they published.

by Anonymousreply 703/04/2013

I assume you mean in the Enquirer's Braille edition R4 since sighted people knew about Chastity at first glance.

by Anonymousreply 803/04/2013

Ask any celebrity which rag gets it right most of the time and the first word out of their mouth is "The Enquirer."

They are scarily accurate with their dirt. And given what I've heard 2nd hand about this marriage from people who have worked with both, I would say this bit is totally dead-on.

by Anonymousreply 903/04/2013

r3, The Enquirer went through a long, devastating trial with Carol Burnett that they ultimately lost. Now, they don't publish unless they have genuine sources with accurate information.

If it's in the Enquirer, it's 99.9% true.

by Anonymousreply 1003/04/2013

Actually they are not scarily accurate at all. In fact they make up stories all the time with careful calculations on chance of a lawsuit and how they will counter to avoid such a suit if it happens. This is the kind of story that Streisand will ignore because it is so silly she would not do otherwise. Not likely that the Inquirer bugs Streisand and Brolins home to get this kind of information- because how else would they? Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 1103/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.