Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romneys Blame Loss On Everything But The Obvious – He Was A Horrible Candidate

Wow. I suppose we can definitely ascertain that a Romney presidency would have looked much like a Bain Capital takeover.

Romney’s immediate future is looking bright. He will be joining delivering a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in March. Other high-profile GOP losers – including Sarah Palin and Rick Santorum– will also be in attendance at the event.

And hey, there are so many options out there for failed GOP rising stars who are washed up career-wise. The Romneys don’t have to worry about money, of course, but if they crave the limelight, opportunities abound. Ann, 64, says that she was approached by “Dancing with the Stars,” but declined the offer. ”I’m not really as flexible as I should be"

by Anonymousreply 2803/05/2013

From article, made me laugh:

Ever-loyal Ann doesn’t think her hubster did anything wrong. She feels that the media and the Obama campaign painted her husband in a negative light. Oh, you mean the president CAMPAIGNED effectively, Ann? Why do these people think they deserve to be treated delicately in an election? There’s no need to even address the cut-throat and brutal character assassinations that Camp Romney used against the GOP primary contenders and the president. WTHeck, Ann? This wasn’t a rock/paper/scissors match.

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2013

Look, I think George Bush was the worst president ever, but he *did* have a likeablilty thing going on. If you just met him and didn't know who he was, you'd never guess he went to Harvard and Yale and came from old money. He's capable of seeming down to earth. Romney is not capable of that-- ever.

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

Don't you just love how conservatives blab continuously about people taking responsibility, but are incapable of following their own advice?

I don't think Romney was a "horrible" candidate, but he did have that "sense of entitlement" think going on that was a turn-off. Bachmann,Gingrich, or Santorum would have been truly horrible.

Plus the GOP in general was in self-destruct mode with those far-right candidates for the House and Senate who were indeed horrible.

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

Narcissistic Personality Disorder run amok.

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

What R2 said. Romney would have been a brown-nosing douche and overly ambitious in a sad way no matter what his last name was, but I think W is actually the type of guy who would probably be happier and better off now if he had just been born to a normal working class family. He'd probably have ended up in some blue collar profession and have been content to live a relatively simple life.

I sure as hell don't feel sorry for him or absolve him of his sins or anything, but he does seem like he got dragged into something that was way over his head.

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

If Romney really wanted to help his party he should refuse to go given that Christie is being snubbed. However, he's too stupid to even do that.

by Anonymousreply 603/04/2013

Bush was someone the stupid general public wanted to have a beer with, because he came off as a social drinking buddy.

Romney is someone who not only comes off but actually is the one who takes away your job and gives it to a foreigner for his own profit.

by Anonymousreply 703/04/2013

It's over for both of you. Exit stage right.

by Anonymousreply 803/04/2013

And the irony of that is W comes from the epitome of wealth and privilege. I think he was relatable because he was such a screw up.

by Anonymousreply 903/04/2013

Being a "good" candidate in this election was like being the tallest midget - you are still a midget. Both candidates were shit.

by Anonymousreply 1003/04/2013

I don't know that Romney was a terrible candidate, at least in so far as I don't know that some other Republican would have done any better.

by Anonymousreply 1103/04/2013

Huntsman would have, R11. He'd have still lost, but he would not have been aggressively corrosive as Romney cannot help being.

by Anonymousreply 1203/04/2013

Poor Mittens and Ann. Nothing more than the handsome jock who got his laughs pushing fags into lockers and cutting off their hair and his snobby Prom Queen girlfriend, used to getting along great with everyone at the country club, now shellshocked that they don't get to win at everything and that the losers, longhairs and 'little people' who check their coats and park their cars could actually rise up and take them down.

by Anonymousreply 1303/04/2013

[quote]Other high-profile GOP losers – including Sarah Palin and Rick Santorum– will also be in attendance

That's a good description of Mitt, Sarah and Rick - high profile LOSERS.

by Anonymousreply 1403/04/2013

You know she has the peasants who work for her refer to her as First Lady Ann Romney.

by Anonymousreply 1503/04/2013

It's hard to imagine a more hateful, unpleasant couple. As much as I detested George Bush, I would rather have dinner with him and Laura than Mitt and Ann. Ann particularly seems to be completely classless.

by Anonymousreply 1603/04/2013

R5, your post reminded me of an interview with a Bush family friend early in the GWB presidency. The friend said that of their children, George always seemed the one who was least likely to accomplish anything. He seemed genuinely mystified about it.

by Anonymousreply 1703/04/2013

According to Molly Ivins' book "Shrub," GWB was basically used as a front man/sock puppet his entire adult life, first by shady business partners, then by political operatives. It was 100% about his connections and his willingness to do what he was told and pretend to be having fun (which is why he pretty much faded from view after his second term was up--being president had obviously stopped being fun for him and he'd been just going through the motions those final years.)

Romney was more like GWB's dad, who felt that it was his turn to be president and the GOP owed it to him. If he hadn't ridden in on Reagan's coattails and hadn't had such an unappetizing Democratic opponent he would have suffered a similar fate to Romney's in a presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 1803/04/2013

[quote]We’ve already been through the Nazi Germany bit. 9/11 was our Reichstag fire, following which we drastically restricted civil liberties and commenced rounding up persons from a certain Semitic ethnic group (which was portrayed as a fiendish cabal of subhuman villains bent on world domination that must be eradicated) and sending them off to secret locations where most were never heard of again. The media joined unanimously to shut out all dissent and people who tried to protest were beaten, jailed and threatened. Meanwhile we sent our troops off into a half-assed war of conquest that turned out to be a complete failure but created misery and devastation on a monstrous scale. And we ended up sitting in the rubble with the whole world hating us.

[quote]The problem is, there's no one to de-Nazify us. There's been no Nuremberg trials. It's as if after WWII Hitler and Goering just went back to Bavaria to hang out and occasionally make snarky comments in "Der Spiegel." – R14

by Anonymousreply 1903/05/2013

I used to say that Ann Romney is no Bar Bush, but I swear she's giving her a run for her money in the cunty department

The only difference is that Bar -as revolting a person as she is- still manages to amuse me with her blue blood snobbery. God help me, I do have some affection for that old bitch. While Ann is just a revolting, entitled asshole.

[quote]Why do these people think they deserve to be treated delicately in an election?

Not "deserve," expect.

The "negro" has been called all sorts of things since he started running. The very location of his birth gave birth to an entire cottage industry of rightwing idiocy, but yes, poor Ann and Mittens were treated so horrifically!

by Anonymousreply 2003/05/2013

[quote]The only difference is that Bar -as revolting a person as she is- still manages to amuse me with her blue blood snobbery. God help me, I do have some affection for that old bitch. While Ann is just a revolting, entitled asshole.

I feel the same. She's deliciously cunty. Kind of like DA's dowager Violet.

by Anonymousreply 2103/05/2013

Wah, wah... people told the truth about us, but it was taken the wrong way!!! Wah, wahhhhhhh!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2203/05/2013

A message for Ann from Bar:

[quote]Barbara Bush On Obama's Reelection: 'People Spoke. Move On, Get On With It'

by Anonymousreply 2403/05/2013

I love how Ann thinks that if we just got to know them, we'd adore the Romneys. They made multiple attempts to show their human side during the election and the results always came up woefully short. Usually, the attempts just backfired on them when they'd end up showing their asses once again.

Ann, face it. You're only beloved in your tight Mormon and family circle. Anyone else claiming to love you is on your payroll.

by Anonymousreply 2503/05/2013

His policies and positions that were obviously in favor of the wealthy along with his appeasement of the the Tea Party lost him the election. In fact he lost lost on the issues. Period.

Our country remains hostage to a that damn Tea Party bloc that controls the Republican Party and will not compromise. Compromise is the essense of democratic gov't. The only real way that this log jam will be broken is to vote them (Tea Party Repubs and their ilk) out of power. Period. They are ruining our country. Reagan started a firestorm- or rather he let the goons into gov't. Bush was one of them, perhaps one of the most incompetent- minus a few characters like Palin and Bachmann- but he became President- easily the most unqualified President in my lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 2603/05/2013

She calls herself a Sealion!

by Anonymousreply 2703/05/2013

Sorry, that was "She-Lion." I guess I misheard...heh heh heh

by Anonymousreply 2803/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!