Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If America is broke, why is the government giving $250 million to Egypt?

I don't understand the logic. $60 million will be for small businesses. We need to help our own country first.

by Anonymousreply 2803/04/2013

There's an empire to maintain.

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

global diplomacy is probably a little too complicated for you to understand OP

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

An article in one of Italy's most important news magazines reported on how the Islamist Egyptian government loans and contributions to Egyptian owned small businesses in Europe. Almost overnight Italy is being over run with Egyptian vendors and immigrants. Where are they getting the money during such hard times? And the plans for mosques?

Now you know where your money is going.

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

Too bad we don't have fascists around anymore to kick some Islamist butt, eh R4?

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

R5

Speaking of fascists: Do a little research into what Egypt's Islamist government is doing to homosexuals and women under Sharia. It is also supporting the preaching of Sharia law in their government sponsored Mosques here and advocating households be run under Sharia (great for homosexual kids)...and trying to get our government to recognize Sharia law in family disputes. I know it all seems like a joke to you.

by Anonymousreply 603/04/2013

Who said America is broke, OP?

Oh that's right. No one did.

by Anonymousreply 703/04/2013

America is broke, but not for lack of money. America is broken because Corporations now rule instead of the people.

by Anonymousreply 803/04/2013

Yep, let's get real upset about the millions to foreign nations...

BUT NOT the billions in tax cuts and breaks to corporations.

by Anonymousreply 1003/04/2013

R10 we can get upset about both.

by Anonymousreply 1103/04/2013

[quote]global diplomacy is probably a little too complicated for you to understand OP

Yes, but world history isn't. Wealth inequality in the USA is taking us into French Revolution territory.

by Anonymousreply 1203/04/2013

[quote]Wealth inequality in the USA is taking us into French Revolution territory.

Really? I hope not -- most on the left that would revolt don't have any guns. Would not be an even match that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 1303/04/2013

We are buying off Egypt. If Egypt gets too chaotic our oil is fucked.

Remember Egypt controls the Suez Canal.

by Anonymousreply 1403/04/2013

The fact that the US gives so much foreign aid away to corrupt governments while we are all struggling should make us question the White House and congress.

We can change things on a local level but forget about the more powerful politicians. They don't care about us. Period.

All we can do is work on local issues and try to take care of ourselves and others. Be kind to each other.

Give love away and enjoy the show.

by Anonymousreply 1503/04/2013

[quote]Remember Egypt controls the Suez Canal.

Didn't the Brits move to remedy that and didn't the States refuse to help?

by Anonymousreply 1603/04/2013

The UK, France and Israel colluded to take over the canal in 1956 after Nasser decided to nationalize the canal. The US and the USSR made them withdraw (for those of you who whine the US always takes Israel's side).

by Anonymousreply 1703/04/2013

[quote](for those of you who whine the US always takes Israel's side).

An example from over fifty years ago is scarcely relevant today. Eisenhower warned us about the Military/Industrial Complex. Obama is its servant.

by Anonymousreply 1803/04/2013

I've argued with someone right here on Datalounge about this very thing, r18. He claimed that the US had sided with Israel completely since 1948. I argued that the US didn't support Israel wholeheartedly until after the Six-Day War; I was sneered at. Since this thread has already been visited repeatedly by anti-Israel trolls, I took the opportunity to thumb my nose at the idiots.

by Anonymousreply 1903/04/2013

R19 get the fuck over it.

by Anonymousreply 2003/04/2013

I don't get it either OP, as far as I'm concerned Egypt can go fuck itself--Israel too for that matter. Spend the goddamn money here at home and if anyone tries to fuck with us here at home, then is the time to blast the shit out of them.

by Anonymousreply 2203/04/2013

it's for the oil companies

by Anonymousreply 2303/04/2013

[quote]I know it all seems like a joke to you.

If by "joke" you mean "thinly-veiled Likudnik propaganda", then yes it does.

by Anonymousreply 2403/04/2013

Likudnik? Why would a Likudnik care about mosques in the U.S.?

by Anonymousreply 2503/04/2013

R7 - spending more than you make is broke by anyone's standards. Have I missed something?

by Anonymousreply 2603/04/2013

I sometimes wonder what the world would become if we just cut off all aid to foreign countries. How soon would it become Planet of the Apes?

Then again, maybe it's inevitable. If we walled ourselves off to the outside world, at least we'd have a few good years before the enemy is at the gates.

by Anonymousreply 2703/04/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 2803/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.