Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bradley Cooper: "I don't want to win an Oscar"

“My father gave me two gifts – having me and dying with me. I used to be the kid that got the shakes if I had to talk in public; now, I just don’t get nervous about stuff. I can’t control everything. I don’t want to win an Oscar. It would change nothing. Nothing. The things in my life that aren’t fulfilled would not be fulfilled. Career-wise, right now, it’s better that I don’t win one. I don’t want to win. I don’t.”

by Anonymousreply 4103/05/2013

Don't worry honey... you won't.

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2013

We are happy to oblige you.

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2013

Spoken like a man that just lost out on winning an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 303/04/2013

WTF? Who goes out of their way to say this kind of stuff?

by Anonymousreply 403/04/2013

Sounds like someone justifying the fact, that they know they could never ever win, so they make it sound like they don't care if they ever win, that it's not important or necessary for them to win.

by Anonymousreply 503/04/2013

If he slobs on the right knob, he can

by Anonymousreply 603/04/2013

[quote]If he slobs on the right knob, he can

He already did that and he still didn't win. That's why he is sure he is never going to win and he is acting that he doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 703/04/2013

He's never going to win one anyway. He was nominated because of the movie and the role. Almost anyone could have rode that wave.

by Anonymousreply 803/04/2013

I bet he was responding to a question in the interview.

I doubt that he went out of his way to talk about this.

by Anonymousreply 903/04/2013

I can't fathom why he had two tons of greasy brill cream slicking his hair back at the Oscars.

It looked horrid.

by Anonymousreply 1003/04/2013

I like him, but he sure did campaign hard for a guy who doesn't care about Oscar. Very convenient he didn't care when it was apparent months ago that DDL probably won at least 85% of the vote, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 1103/04/2013

He's dead? Saying his father died with him implies they died together.

Hopefully he'll never be in serious contention for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 1203/04/2013

Well, he won't so things worked out well for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 1303/04/2013

Narcissistic Personality Disorder, hypervigilant subtype.

by Anonymousreply 1403/04/2013

Very similar to Ronmey's son saying his father never wanted to be President.

by Anonymousreply 1503/04/2013

He wasn't even second to DDL so he was well out of it.

by Anonymousreply 1603/04/2013

He won't even get nominated again.

by Anonymousreply 1703/04/2013

Bradley? Please shut the fuck up. You're making yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already are. Really.

by Anonymousreply 1803/04/2013

[quote] Bradley Cooper: "I don't want to win an Oscar"

And you shall receive it - IN ABUNDANCE!

by Anonymousreply 1903/04/2013

Ahem!! r19?

by Anonymousreply 2003/04/2013

I wanted to win very much.

by Anonymousreply 2103/04/2013

He reminds me of that girl in the movie "Fame" who dances with Leroy and then doesn't get in and he does. She makes that big foul mouthed speech about who wants to go to a stupid school to learn how to dance anyway. (and then you see tears in her eyes)

I've been there Bradley, it is just called rejection.

by Anonymousreply 2203/04/2013

Someone stuff a cock in his mouth so he shuts up.

by Anonymousreply 2303/04/2013

He just says so because he knows there's no way in hell he's ever winning an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 2403/04/2013

I doubt he has to ever worry about winning an Oacar.

by Anonymousreply 2503/04/2013

Why? He's a good actor. If he continues on his current trajectory he will probably win one. I see him going more toward character parts. His looks won't last. He looks a lot like his Dad and he was really jowly, I see Brad's looks going the same way.

by Anonymousreply 2603/04/2013

I'm sure Leo would disagree. I bet he's dying to win one. Can someone please make a thread about why Oscar has not come calling for Leo. He has been nominated several times and yet he does not seem like he's a favorite in the way Clooney or Depp (even though he has not won either) still he gets a lot of smoke blown up his ass. So, why no love from the Hollywood Oscar makers for Leo?

by Anonymousreply 2703/04/2013

I think Bradley was so damned happy to be nominated he gave truth to that cliche'. He was realistic. No one was going to take that Oscar from Daniel Day Lewis. There was a bit of rumbling about Hugh Jackman for a minute because he is so popular with voters and people love him.

Bradley isn't "beloved." He's been around for a while, and just now hitting his stride. And tell me again, what does a nomination mean in real terms? Terrence Howard was nominated for an Oscar. I can think of a dozen more who have careers but they aren't setting the world on fire. They cause no excitement.

When I read about Daniel Day Lewis accepting a film role I get excited. He is a master. Bradley is a very competitive person, but he is not dumb.

by Anonymousreply 2803/04/2013

Leo's never won an Oscar because he's never been more than merely competent. He's just not a great actor who really moves you, and neither is he particularly charming so you feel compelled to give it to him.

by Anonymousreply 2903/04/2013

Hey, I happen to like the guy. Is there anyone in the universe you people don't trash? If so, they must be few and far between.

by Anonymousreply 3003/04/2013

I don't dislike Bradley, and I'm not trashing him. I just happened to think he spoke the truth. I truly believe after all these years, Bradley's just "glad to be here." if there ever was a year when it was safe to get nominated and lose, this was the year. No one begrudges DDL his Oscar.

Plus, consider that the Oscars get it wrong at least as often as they get it right. Right now we can all think of actors & Directors and movies who never got an Oscar. For work that was truly deserving of an Oscar.

I wish they'd change the way they vote. I think with some of these ild farts they need to really tie the voting to how many movies you've see. There should be a way to validate your vote.

There should also be a requirement that if you haven't voted or seen the nominated films for more than three years, you are ineligible. Tighten things up. Make it more legit.

by Anonymousreply 3103/04/2013

The lady doth protest too much

by Anonymousreply 3203/04/2013

I read he's an Oscar contender next year for "The Place Beyond the Pines" and maybe for "Serena." I wonder if he still won't care if he's a favorite to win.

by Anonymousreply 3303/04/2013

I get what he's saying. But I could see how some may think he's being obnoxious. I don't think he's dissing the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 3403/04/2013

I think he has a point that there are some career opps that are more likely to go to those who have not yet won an oscar and are seen as somewhat likely to win one when the right role next comes along. A true oscar worthy role - isn't it often likely to go to someone who hasn't won yet who will be seen as due? Isn't that a calculation taken into account in casting - if we get Michelle Williams it may finally win her the oscar and we'll reap the rewards of that at the box office? If we give the role to Natalie Portman who's recently won, that is less likely...

I can easily see someone like Cooper's career being hotter coming off a non-win in SLP than coming off a win.

by Anonymousreply 3503/04/2013

Makes sense. Can you imagine the backlash if he'd won it over DDL? It would've been a career-destroyer. He's got Place Beyond The Pines coming out soon, so people will know his performance in Silver Linings Playbook was no fluke. He's got great directors wanting to work with him, he'll be ok as long as he keeps making smart choices.

by Anonymousreply 3603/04/2013

Ah, the things we say to make ourselves feel better when we lose.

by Anonymousreply 3703/04/2013

He can speak French

by Anonymousreply 3803/04/2013

He also fluent in Greek.

by Anonymousreply 3903/05/2013

He has a nice thick dick. I suck it. Love his apple juice.

by Anonymousreply 4003/05/2013

When you look at the performances that have been nominated in the past few years, it seems the Academy has had a difficult time even piecing together five strong contenders to face off against each other in each major category. In Hollywood today, I'd much rather be cast in a goofy three-part blockbuster that has nothing to do with talent but pays my ass into old age than to win an Oscar in times that are a mockery to the golden era of films. I bet Cuba Gooding Jr. would prefer some consistent, high paying work to an Oscar win people snicker about.

by Anonymousreply 4103/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!