Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lena Dunham: Tiny Furniture

Okay, so I finally watched this and I have to say that I find Lena Dunham's in your face, on purpose unattractiveness distracting. She has a very charming personality and I can see why people are drawn to her, but I wish she'd make some effort on her appearance.

It wouldn't take much either. A good haircut/style, a bath, some make up and a push up bra would go a loooooong way. It would be even better if she lost 20 lbs and wore some flattering clothes.

I know I sound shallow, but I really believe her defiant need to look as unattractive as possible coupled with her exhibitionism distracts from her work.

by Anonymousreply 2703/04/2013

I liked the movie a lot. Not as much as Girls, but not a bad movie to watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

You have no other critique of the movie? There are plenty of critics of Lena's work, her appearance isn't necessarily her biggest problem.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

Do you also admonish male actors who are physically aggressively repugnant or is it just so offensive to you because you feel you are entitled to monitor and troll women's looks?

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

How do you see her movie? My Blockbuster doesn't have it.

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

She said in Rolling Stone that on some level;she likes to be unattractive to provoke people. She purposly asks for cloths that don't fit etc.

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

No, R4, I'm equally repulsed by slobby men. It's hard for me to watch "road trip" comedies because the characters don't bathe for DAYS (The Hangover, Pineapple Express). Or brit actors with bad teeth? I can't concentrate on the movie because all I can think is, "why doesn't he fix that shit?"

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

Only at the nadir of American culture would we celebrate slobbiness (in either men or women).

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

[r7]: while that may be true, I am at loss to understand why Lena Dunham's perceived "ugliness" provokes the kind of trolling male unattractiveness doesn't?

We have thread after thread shrilly crucifying her and name calling her while we rarely see threads on unattractive male actors (of which there are many) descend into such hysterical denouncements of her right to exist, let alone on TV.

Even gay men are stuck in the heterosexist norms and how!

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

Lena Dunham looks like Seth Rogen with a bad wig on. Looks-wise, she has absolutely nothing going on for her.

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

I agree R2. She also looks like she needs a flea dip. Gross ugly cunt that one.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

R5, it's on Netflix streaming.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

R9, I guess it's because I do think she could be attractive with a little effort. LD's got a "cuteness" about her. She's not a lost cause by any means, so it's kind of a shame that she works so hard to look bad. See R6.

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2013

It's like you can smell her crusted-over ooze through the screen.

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

I have college students in my classes who dress that badly, are equally pear-shaped or saggy and have no idea how ridiculous they look. I wouldn't say any of them are unattractive but I wouldn't want to see them naked on screen either. Lena is a very average looking girl who insists on having characters announce how beautiful she is in every episode of her series. Just like Midler and Streisand before her, and Woody Allen having gorgeous women fall in love with him because he's so very witty.

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2013

"Just like Midler and Streisand before her, and Woody Allen having gorgeous women fall in love with him because he's so very witty."

There are tons more ridiculous pairings with ogre men and hot women than the reverse.

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2013

So OP, any actual critique of the movie? We know what you think of her looks/possible looks.

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2013

Hey r9, Lena Dunham's an ogre herself.

But just for you, there's a take down of uggo Thierry Muggler that's just getting going in another thread,

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2013

OP, when you finish with Lena Duham, Doris Lessing is waiting for your fashion critique.

by Anonymousreply 1903/03/2013

I don't have Netflicks. How do I see it? Is it in her redbox?

by Anonymousreply 2003/03/2013

Here she is with long hair:

by Anonymousreply 2103/03/2013

Her ass won't fit in tiny furniture.

by Anonymousreply 2203/03/2013

My, but what a vapid, shallow, image-obsessed twat you are.

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2013

Retry:

by Anonymousreply 2403/03/2013

I like her in your face attitude about her unconventional looks. It's endearing and she is funny and has a cute personality. To me it really helps me see beyond the physical.

by Anonymousreply 2503/03/2013

Wow she looks so much better in r24's link. Too bad about that tats, though.

by Anonymousreply 2603/04/2013

She's a horrible actress at times, like tonight on "Girls" when she had to pretend like she has OCD.

by Anonymousreply 2703/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.