Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Heir to the British Throne

Why aren't we hearing from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as to the sex of their first child? It should be known by now. We need to know whether or not it will be a future king or queen. We want to have time to put our two cents in to name the child.

by Anonymousreply 7103/09/2013

No we don't.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

I vote for Agatha.

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

I hope it's a girl and they call it Kailey.

Queen Kailey.

Or maybe Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

Princess Tracee.

The chav bitches will lurve it!

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

I bet its a girl.

My money's on Alexandra Elizabeth, with either Anne, Diana or Victoria thrown in as another middle name (there are usually two or three middle names).

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

R5 is such a square.

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

Boy:

Prince Skyler

Prince Jarod

Prince Brett

Girl:

Princess Madison

Princess Ashlynn

Princess Jewel

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

Elizabeth Alexandrina Victoria Maude

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

If it's a boy, I think it should be "Richard".

And why "Alexandrina" instead of Alexandra?

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

"Alexandrina" was Queen Victoria's first name. Her mother called her "Drina."

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

It's going to be really boring.

George if it's a boy, Mary if it's a girl.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

they won't use Alexandrina, pretty as it is. If they go that way it'll be Alexandra (Edward VII's more recent wife/queen).

If a boy I wonder if they'll name him Philip.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

Boy:

Arthur, James

Girl:

Victoria

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2013

I hope it's not Victoria. "Victoria II" doesn't make any sense--there should only be one british Queen Victoria.

Besides, the next ruler of Sweden is going to be Queen Victoria, and they might overlap chronologically.

"Which Queen Victoria?" "Oh, I was talking about the British one." "The one in the nineteenth century, or the one on the throne today?" "The one today."

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

exactly. too soon after the original Victoria and they won't want overlap with the Swedish Queen even though she's 30 years older - their reigns could overlap.

If it's not Alexandra it will be Alice or Charlotte or something very English-conservative.

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2013

She could also be Mary or Anne, two other sovereign queen's names. Maude was the name of a sovereign who ruled over what is now England, thought she was never crowned. Other family names include Helena, Louise, Alice, Beatrice, Margaret, Caroline, Charlotte, Sophia and Adelaide.

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2013

You know, Charlotte sounds really nice!

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2013

I like Mary, but don't think they'll go for it due to the negative associations with the prior Queen Mary (Bloody Mary). Its a bit outdated and plain for a sovereign name.

Anne is in the running, Louise and Sophia too. Perhaps Caroline and Helena. Beatrice is William's cousin they won't overlap that. Not sure about Margaret too associated with QEII's sister and her raucous behavior.

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2013

How about Quvenzhané?

by Anonymousreply 1903/04/2013

Queen Latifah

by Anonymousreply 2003/04/2013

[quote]I like Mary, but don't think they'll go for it due to the negative associations with the prior Queen Mary (Bloody Mary).

No, you're wrong. Bloody Mary (Mary Tudor) was not [italic]the[/italic] prior Queen Mary"; she was [italic]a[/italic] prior Queen Mary. There have been multiple Queen Marys since then, including one queen regnant (Mary II) who co-reigned with William III (thus, William and Mary). The current queen Elizabeth II had a grandmother who was Queen Mary (the consort of George V) and an aunt Mary (HRH Mary, the Princess Royal). Both Mary II and Queen Mary the queen's grandmother were Protestants, and very popular.

Mary is actually an extremely likely name if it's a girl.

by Anonymousreply 2103/04/2013

[quote]Its a bit outdated and plain for a sovereign name.

Which makes it a perfect choice for Kate.

Given her innate conservativism and unwillingness to rock the boat, she will almost certainly choose a name that has a direct royal precedent. She is not going to name a child something trendy or unexpected: she will want to go as old-fashioned and as conservative as possible. And whatever name she chooses will immediately become THE hip and trendy name because of who Kate is, just as William's became when Diana chose it for him.

by Anonymousreply 2203/04/2013

I just hope-hope-hope The Queen lives to see the new baby and her three kings.

by Anonymousreply 2303/04/2013

Pillows don't have a gender, duh.

by Anonymousreply 2403/04/2013

There going to name her Matilda after the first queen of England, the one who was deposed. GIRL POWER!

by Anonymousreply 2503/04/2013

Queen Elizabeth III, naturally.

by Anonymousreply 2603/04/2013

They should put it out to bid and allow a company to sponsor and name her. Something like Princess TMobile.

by Anonymousreply 2703/04/2013

I'd like to see her named Queen Catherine -- which kills 2 birds with one stone -- the most royal of all royal past queens and the most non-royal of all queens.

by Anonymousreply 2803/04/2013

I like Princess Kayleigh Madysin. Or Prince Cody. Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 2903/04/2013

If they have a naming contest they can raise money. They can call her Harrod.

by Anonymousreply 3003/04/2013

Mary is fine, but MARY! would be better.

by Anonymousreply 3103/04/2013

Not Anne; that's reserved for Auntie. Same with Sophia/Sophie.

Not Elizabeth; hello?

Not Charlotte; that is for the beautiful Ms. Casiraghi.

Not Victoria; it will remind Brits only of Mrs. Beckham.

And the name will be none already used for the cousins.

Given William's brazenness with the engagement ring---thrown in his father's and Camilla's faces constantly--- and given the pushy nature of the Middletons, I'm going with:

Diana Caroline.

by Anonymousreply 3203/04/2013

What does the kid's name have to do with what she will be called as Queen? At the time of becoming Queen, she may choose a name of her own choosing.

by Anonymousreply 3303/04/2013

I hope it's a girl, and that they name her Starlene.

by Anonymousreply 3403/04/2013

Tif'fani

by Anonymousreply 3503/04/2013

Diana better be part of that child's name.

by Anonymousreply 3603/04/2013

Shaqueefer Lesbiana Whoremaster the First!

Unforgettable.

by Anonymousreply 3703/04/2013

[quote]What does the kid's name have to do with what she will be called as Queen? At the time of becoming Queen, she may choose a name of her own choosing.

Traditionally it has to be one of her given names.

by Anonymousreply 3803/04/2013

Ulysses David if it's a boy, and Ulyssea Davida if it's a girl.

That's it!

by Anonymousreply 3903/04/2013

If it's a girl they'll have to name it Elizabeth after the late queen. But if Liz lives through her bout of farts, then it'll be Diana.

If it's a boy it will be Charles, William, Albert and Phillip. They usually give the kid like 100 names anyhow.

by Anonymousreply 4003/04/2013

I always loved Ann Elizabeth Alice Louise. Too bad she grew up to resemble the horses she loves so dearly. With all that wealth, and still, the teeth.

by Anonymousreply 4103/04/2013

I think people are tired of 'Elizabeth" as a regnal name, although then again the child would need to wait until both grandpapa (Charles) and papa (William) pass until her own succession. By then Elizabeth II would no longer be a recent memory. She'd be a memory for sure, just not a recent one.

For a boy I think William, Edward, Albert, Charles or James. I like the name James a lot, he would be James III.

by Anonymousreply 4203/04/2013

Elizabeth Margaret Diana Victoria Middleton or George Phillip William Albert Middleton

by Anonymousreply 4303/04/2013

Middleton? WTF is a Middleton?

by Anonymousreply 4403/04/2013

Just for fun, they could call her Kaleesi. Kaleesi Danerys Diana Dragon Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 4503/04/2013

Madysin for a girl and Kaydun if its a boy.

by Anonymousreply 4603/04/2013

Hermione.

by Anonymousreply 4703/04/2013

Anne, R41

by Anonymousreply 4803/04/2013

What if they surprise us all and name it after Harry? Especially if Harry manages to get himself killed in Afghanistan before the baby is born. Princess Henrietta Davida.

by Anonymousreply 4903/04/2013

Queen Moesha

by Anonymousreply 5003/04/2013

LOL at R46!

by Anonymousreply 5103/04/2013

Aethelred if it is a boy, Wilfrida if a girl. They like old names.

by Anonymousreply 5203/04/2013

How about Lil Poopy in honor of the 9 year old rapping sensation. It fits don't it? Well, don't it?

by Anonymousreply 5303/04/2013

Edythe is a good old OLD name from the 1100's

by Anonymousreply 5403/04/2013

[quote]I think people are tired of 'Elizabeth" as a regnal name,

I'm sure the royal family collectively doesn't give a shit whether people are tired of anything.

by Anonymousreply 5503/04/2013

It won't be a name already in use in the royal family. That rules out Charles,Philip, James,Edward,Anne,Beatrice,Elizabeth etc. I think it will be George or John for a boy and Alexandra or Adelaide for a girl, with Diana as one of the middle names. I would love it,though,if Wills went all 'fuck you' and named it Diana.

by Anonymousreply 5603/05/2013

NOT John.

by Anonymousreply 5703/05/2013

look for Elizabeth, Mary and Anne in some combination... perhaps Catherine. Diana is unlikely.. perhaps Alexandra and Victoria as middle names.

by Anonymousreply 5803/05/2013

What if they have twins?

How would it be decided who becomes king or queen?

by Anonymousreply 5903/05/2013

Twins still come out one at a time, r59. The one born first will be the heir.

And I still think "Richard" is a front-runner for a boy. And for a girl, I can't imagine that William would =not= include "Diana" as one of her names. That would be seen as dishonoring his mother, and you know he'd never do that.

by Anonymousreply 6003/05/2013

According to all the stories I've read, Carole Middleton is beloved by her children and supposedly adored by William. I think William and Kate will definitely include a nod to Carole if the child is female but they'll do it via the name Caroline.

Princess Caroline Victoria Diana Elizabeth

by Anonymousreply 6103/05/2013

Maybe she'll go all Jane Austen and name her Emma. Or Darcy!She could name her/him Darcy so it's not gender specific.

Darcy Evelyn Spencer Wales.

by Anonymousreply 6203/05/2013

Would they give her the same name as a Grimaldi princess.

by Anonymousreply 6303/05/2013

Not John or Richard; both names are too associated with evil, the Lionheart one notwithstanding.

James will be an uncle, as will Henry/Harry. Can't see either of those names selected then, as the dominant name.

Catherine is already Catherine Elizabeth, and her sister is Philippa Charlotte (their parents must have been planning.....).

I'm telling y'all: if it's a daughter, the maternal grandmothers' names will be combined into Diana Caroline! Or the reverse (but I doubt that)!

Wills is BOLD.

by Anonymousreply 6403/05/2013

r63, good point; i mentioned Charlotte and forgot about Caroline! But I think Middleton Gran-mere will trump that one.

by Anonymousreply 6503/05/2013

If it is a girl, I think it will be Elizabeth. What they call her in private is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 6603/05/2013

I'm loving this thread- hee!

Diana's brother (Earl Spencer) and his wife had a daughter last year and they named her Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer. I think naming her Lady Diana Charlotte would have been too much pressure for her and the earl may not have wanted to burden his daughter with such an iconic name to carry. I wonder if William feels the same way.

Assuming William/Kate's child is a girl, the only reason I'm thinking that they won't list Diana as the first/main name is that it's 'too heavy a crown' (literally and figuratively) for the kid to wear.

The burden of being "Diana, Jr" is too much to lay on a kid and would incite a lot more media comparisons that would come with carrying that name. (That said, I'm not naive enough to think that any name is going to spare the poor kid from life long press attention.)

The name "Princess Diana" is so deeply ingrained in most people's minds as the former Diana Spencer that I think William would be very sensitive to that. I think he's going to be extremely protective of all of his children and might think he's playing with fire by naming his daughter (and future monarch if she's first born) "Princess/Queen Diana".

It's too much pressure and will bring lifelong comparisons in the media and he would HATE that for his daughter I would think.

That said, you can be darn sure "Diana" will be in the name if it's a girl. Any man that gives his fiancee his mother's engagement ring sends a big message.

(I have put way too much thought into this but I am procrastinating working on my taxes!)

by Anonymousreply 6703/05/2013

I've always been partial to the name Wallis, or Wallace if its a boy. Plus then the UK would have a most brillian tourist attraction,. They could sell tickets to the queen mum and queen marry spinning in their graves.

by Anonymousreply 6803/09/2013

Boudica is my bet.

by Anonymousreply 6903/09/2013

It will more then likely be a conservative name like Elizabeth, Mary, Alexandra, Alice for a girl; George, Edward, Arthur, David for a boy. Protocol stipulates that The Queen gives approval to names to direct heirs to The Throne, but given how much she loves Will and Kate it is just a formaility. Diana may never be used for a name as Diana, Princess of Wales almost brought down the monarchy, and the comparisons that would be made between the two Princess Diana. Just look at how much The Duchess of Cambridge is compared to Diana

by Anonymousreply 7003/09/2013

Will the always classy Kim and Kanye base the name of there child on what the royal babyis named? She is supposedly into the Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 7103/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.