Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romney: I Lost Because Minorities Love Obamacare

arlier today, Fox News Sunday broadcast former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney first post-campaign interview. In it, he blamed his loss on his poor performance among minorities, who he claimed were seduced by the President’s promise to provide them with affordable health care:

ROMNEY: We did very well with the majority population, but not with minority populations, and that was a failing, that was a real mistake.

CHRIS WALLACE: Why do you think that was?

ROMNEY: Well, I think the Obamacare attractiveness and feature was something we underestimated, particularly among lower incomes. And, uh, just didn’t do as good a job in connecting with that audience as we should have.

During the course of the interview, Romney agreed with Wallace that his “47 percent” comment — his claim that 47 percent of the country will vote for Obama because they are “dependent upon government” and “believe that they are victims” — hurt his campaign by leaving the impression that he did not like many voters. Nevertheless, this explanation of his loss is reminiscent of the explanation he gave his donors for his defeat shortly after the election — Obama won because of “the gifts” he gave to African-Americans, Latinos and young voters.

Ultimately, if Republicans want to appeal voters who turned their backs on the GOP last November, maybe Republicans should consider doing something that will actually make those voters’ lives better instead of working to slash Medicare, Medicaid, and education in order to pay for tax cuts for the very rich.

by Anonymousreply 2503/04/2013

Earth to Mitt Romney: I am a white person, and I voted for Obama. Because you're a dick.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

Shut up, already Mittens. You lost. Go away like all the other losers (except Sarah Palin)

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

Romney also lost the women vote, which is actually a majority population in this country. So his blaming it on the brown people tactic doesn't hold muster.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

He didn't "do so great" with *anyone*.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

Fuck Mitt Romney and his bitch wife! If I read tomorrow morning they were both killed in a car accident, I'd smile. Evil, vile creatures, the both of them.

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

He and Ann have such a palpable contempt for anyone who isn't white and wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

White woman vote for Obama here; Obamacare was not a major factor in my vote. I don't like the anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-poor agenda of the Republicans. Short of a lobotomy, I'd never ever vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

Oh, for fuck's sake. We really needed a THIRD place to run into the name ROMNEY, didn't we, OP?

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

Losing a Presidential election must be hard psychologically. To be so close to the highest office in the world and to lose a BLACK MAN, no less. LOL Must really chafe his ass.

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

Mittens lost because Americans got tired of watching our loved ones die without health care.

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

Mittens was happy enough to manipulate the minorities to vote yes on 8.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

What r6 said

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

I never tire of his delusional nature. He's so entitled that even Prince Albert rolls his eyes at him.

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2013

He's doubling down on the 47 percent thing.

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

"Prince Albert" -- I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2013

[quote]We did very well with the majority population

But not the majority vote?

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2013

"The majority population"

He really just doesn't get it, does he? There's sheltered elitist and then they're just being a TWAT.

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2013

What R9 said too.

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2013

Sorry, Mitt but doing well with the majority of the population means winning their votes.

And winning the votes of the majority of the population means winning the popular election.

As you lost the popular election, you therefore didn't do so well with the majority of Americans.

Unless, of course, all you are expressing is racist claptrap.

by Anonymousreply 1903/03/2013

R18 Yeah since his constituents manipulated the minorities so successfully in other elections. See R11 (California Prop 8).

Karma, payback, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2003/03/2013

Dear Mr. Romney:

Please keep talking. Every self-serving, smug, clueless, insulting, inhumane, whiny sentence reinforces how close to absolute disaster this country came.

Combined with the Republican Sequester catastrophe, it help ensure the nation will be poised to be well-served for the 2014 midterm elections.

by Anonymousreply 2103/03/2013

Romney thought he could buy the elections through giveaways to the rich. But all the free stuff he promised them was not enough to sway the election.

It did not work.

by Anonymousreply 2203/03/2013

I wonder if it has ever occurred to Romney that he himself, in one respect a minority, lost to a "better" minority? Be the goddamn cold day in hell when I would ever vote for a fucking Mormom, a minority, if you will, religion; fucking cult, bunch of shit.

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2403/03/2013

Even Nixon found a way to serve his country after being kicked out of the White House. Can't this dweeb use his clout and cash to do something more than whine?

by Anonymousreply 2503/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!