Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If you had tons of money, would you choose...Malibu?

I was just watching this short special on Herb Alpert and it showed him 'living the good life', showing the interviewer around his paradise back yard and I thought, wait for it...Malibu.

It seems, so many people who could afford to live anywhere, choose Malibu.

Does the idea appeal to you too?

by Anonymousreply 13303/05/2013

Ok I guess. I could do with a larger home and grounds though.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

Have you seen de house I build?

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

I'd be down with La Jolla, too.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

It does appeal to me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

No.

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

If you have to work in LA, Malibu is good. If you don't have to work, Santa Barbara has all the same beauty and amenities...

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

If I had enough money to live in Malibu, I'd rather live in beautiful Santa Barbara!

But I suppose Malibu is for people who are tied to the LA basin, but who want something a little less urban.

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

I'm not relying on Hollywood for my income, so no.

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

Maybe if you're sequestered into one of those Malibu beachfront compounds - then maybe it could be delightful. Otherwise, Malibu ain't all that. PCH is a pain in the ass with the traffic, the tourists - and the restaurants and shops are kinda crappy.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

Where'd you see the Herb Alpert special, op?

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

What about Carmel?

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2013

I would. I'm constantly daydreaming about winning the Lottery and a home in Malibu is a must. Although, as you must be careful with Lottery winnings, it would be modest in comparison to what Herb Alpert owns I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

I wouldn't choose anyplace in California, period. California is too much of a disaster. I'd much rather live in a more affordable area with people who are real and not made of plastic.

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2013

It's cold and it's damp.

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2013

And always sand all over the floors.

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2013

I'd certainly have a home there.

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2013

[quote]Where'd you see the Herb Alpert special, op?

On YouTube.

Here's the link.

I won't say anything about the statues.

by Anonymousreply 1903/03/2013

I lived in California for several years. It's a nice place to visit. I'd take Carmel or Mendocino over Malibu.

by Anonymousreply 2003/03/2013

Much rather live La Jolla, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 2103/03/2013

R16 ...that's why the lady is a tramp...

by Anonymousreply 2203/03/2013

Link at R19:

He was sooo dreamy in the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2013

If I had the money and was tied to the LA basin, I'd choose a home in Bel Air or Holmby Hills. Malibu is a bitch of a commute and although an ocean view is nice, living near it would make me nervous. I once was at an evening party at a business associate's house in Malibu, built right on the beach. We were sitting on her patio deck during high tide and you could hear the roar of the waves crashing underneath, making deck vibrate and creak and I thought, "I would hate to be here during a storm surge or worse, a tsunami." I wouldn't be able to shake that feeling.

by Anonymousreply 2403/03/2013

Malibu is one of the few decent parts of LA, but it's about 32 miles outside of Hollywood, which equals a 2 hour drive each way during rush hour.

Honestly, if I had the money to live in Malibu, I wouldn't live in LA at all. It's a real shithole now.

by Anonymousreply 2503/03/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2603/03/2013

Ojai, if I had to live in CA.

by Anonymousreply 2703/03/2013

Big Sur.

by Anonymousreply 2803/03/2013

Malibu with a pied-à-terre in the Bel Air.

by Anonymousreply 2903/03/2013

Carmel and the surrounding area is my favorite part of California. And I find the chilly weather romantic.

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2013

[quote] And I find the chilly weather romantic.

I can't see the point of moving to CA to live in a chilly climate.

But that's probably partly because I'm English and it's the sun that attracts me/us to California.

by Anonymousreply 3103/03/2013

R18 has it right. Having tons of money means having enough to be where one wants when one wants. A house in Malibu hardly means having to live there. It means having the option when in the mood.

by Anonymousreply 3203/03/2013

Santa Monica Canyon

by Anonymousreply 3303/03/2013

There would be no reason to choose Malibu if you did not have to live near Los Angeles--so my answer would be no.

by Anonymousreply 3403/03/2013

R31 Yes I see. Because California is so much colder than the UK.

Was 70F in LA today.

by Anonymousreply 3503/03/2013

LAGUNA!

City of size-meat sur la mere.

by Anonymousreply 3603/03/2013

[quote]Yes I see. Because California is so much colder than the UK. Was 70F in LA today.

Oh, dear. I was referring to the post about Carmel.

Keep up slow coach or at least, drop the snark.

by Anonymousreply 3703/03/2013

Potential DL icon Mindy Cohn has a beachfront home in Malibu, which she talks about on Twitter regularly. It's a rare tweet that she doesn't obnoxiously end with "#blessed".

by Anonymousreply 3803/03/2013

My dream property is in Malibu! It's Daryl Hannah's old house (I'm assuming she sold it, anyway). Actually it's not so much the house I want, it's the serene land it sits on. The place is my idea of heaven, and I want it.

by Anonymousreply 3903/03/2013

Is it true that Darryl Hannah is borderline retarded, or an autistic?

by Anonymousreply 4003/03/2013

No more so than Jennifer Aniston or Demi Moore.

by Anonymousreply 4103/03/2013

R37 please reference your posts if you are going to insult me.

Carmel is not that much different than LA. Maybe give or take 10 degrees F.

But yes, who wouldn't prefer UK weather to the California Coast.

by Anonymousreply 4203/03/2013

Hell no, not Malibu.

by Anonymousreply 4303/03/2013

maybe

by Anonymousreply 4403/03/2013

No, too many landsides and fires.

I'd buy in Capistrano Beach, along Beach Road. Homes ON the beach, with the ocean as your front lawn.

Set far enough away from cliffs so that landslides are not an issue.

by Anonymousreply 4503/03/2013

I'd live near Herb Alpert, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 4603/03/2013

Fuck no.

I would choose Belgravia!

by Anonymousreply 4703/03/2013

Le Bu est fantastique!

by Anonymousreply 4803/03/2013

Lake Como rocks!

by Anonymousreply 4903/03/2013

I've been trying to decide where to move now that I'm retired. I've lived most of my life in California (all but 9 years in the middle) and definitely want to stay here. But the nice, more affordable places on the coast are usually too isolated. I'd like to have decent air service, shopping, and theater, and those are hard to find outside of the major metropolitan areas.

Monterey Bay area, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara -- none of them has what I'm looking for.

On the other side, the inland areas (e.g., Palm Springs area) are too hot. What's a boy to do?

by Anonymousreply 5003/03/2013

what's a boy to do, r50?

Stay in We Ho and visit the Abbey often!

by Anonymousreply 5103/03/2013

R51 Not a bar person and I never go to WeHo unless it's to go to the theater.

by Anonymousreply 5203/03/2013

I'm not from CA, R50...but wouldn't some parts of Santa Monica or Venice fill your criteria?

by Anonymousreply 5303/03/2013

R53, I have lived in both. Crowded cities filled with bums living on the streets due to liberal political situations in both cities who give handouts instead of helping them to get back on their feet or into treatment. Lots of traffic, drug users and unsafe public beaches and parks, esp. at night.

by Anonymousreply 5403/03/2013

The listing for Darryl Hannah's place refers to "an original 1927 river-stone hunting lodge".

What did they hunt in Malibu back then? Seagulls?

by Anonymousreply 5503/03/2013

Malibu is too snooty.

by Anonymousreply 5603/03/2013

What about those areas near San Francisco?

Marin County, places like that.

by Anonymousreply 5703/03/2013

Sorry, I was addressing, R50.

by Anonymousreply 5803/03/2013

Watch Altman's "The Long Goodbye" for a look at the Malibu lifestyle.

It doesn't show how the sea air corrodes your fixtures and appliances so you have to replace them all the time.

by Anonymousreply 5903/03/2013

r59, Plus rattlesnakes in the hills, road accidents on PCH, serious forest fires every 7-8 years as Santa Monica Mts. are "fire climax community" by biologists, traffic jams in the summer.. all that for millions of dollars.

That being said, it is nice to go there once in awhile and just relax on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 6003/03/2013

[quote]I've been trying to decide where to move now that I'm retired... I'd like to have decent air service, shopping, and theater, and those are hard to find outside of the major metropolitan areas.

Though Long Beach is a metropolitan area, the Belmont Shore section is a very nice area of modest homes with nice shopping nearby, handy to the beach and lots of areas for strolling.

by Anonymousreply 6103/03/2013

Mendocino is beautiful...but La Jolla is where I hang my hat, darlings.

by Anonymousreply 6203/03/2013

R61 I do like Long Beach quite a bit. That might be a possibility. Or maybe Seal Beach.

by Anonymousreply 6303/03/2013

I'd move to London if I won the lotto...

by Anonymousreply 6403/03/2013

Swap with me, R64.

I need a break from London....for good.

Do you live in a warm part of the USA, where I could have a pool in the yard and see a palm tree from my window? Where I don't have to drive everywhere (hate that).

I might go to Long Beach or Seal Beach, if old picky would consider them, they must be OK.

by Anonymousreply 6503/03/2013

Having lived in LA for 10 years, and being tired of LA.. I'd say definitely not. It seems isolated, the traffic would be a nightmare.. a little uppity for my tastes. The restaurants would get old VERY fast, and the shops are not necessarily special or impressive. I like to drive down PCH from time to time and stop at a beach, but that's about it. I would love to buy in Palm Springs some day though - despite the heat, I really love it out there.

by Anonymousreply 6603/03/2013

How can Mindy Cohn afford Malibu? She's fat.

by Anonymousreply 6703/03/2013

his song 'Rise' was made famous by Luke's rape of Laura on GH.

(I saw it on youtube recently, there's no way to call it a seduction.)

by Anonymousreply 6803/03/2013

Tori Spelling and her handsome husband, Dean, moved from the Los Angeles area to Malibu to have room for animals (goats, chickens, dogs, etc) and vegetable gardens outside, but I read recently that they only stayed a year or so and are moving back to LA. They put their Malibu house up for sale.

I'm thinking maybe they found Malibu a bit too remote and too cumbersome to drive into LA for work and business meetings and flying off to other locales.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why they left Malibu so soon.

by Anonymousreply 6903/03/2013

R39: You can have one room, and I'll have the other. Deal?

by Anonymousreply 7003/03/2013

I find it funny and odd that quite a few people who live in Los Angeles go to Palm Springs for getaways, weekend trips, and vacations.

by Anonymousreply 7103/03/2013

I'd be somewhere warm...with a warm ocean breeze.

Right now, I'd be lying on a massage table as a hunky massage therapist helped get rid of all my tensions and then I'd just gently fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 7203/03/2013

Malibu is way better than Hawaii. At least you can get off the rock. It's just as pretty and you don't have to deal with broke methheads. In Malibu, the methheads have jobs in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 7303/03/2013

R61, I thought Long Beach has an oil refinery a few yards off shore making for very polluted air and ocean water.

by Anonymousreply 7403/03/2013

R70 There are two houses on the property, so you can have one and I'll take the other.

by Anonymousreply 7503/03/2013

no. if I had enough money to live in Malibu, I'd live in the south of France.

by Anonymousreply 7603/03/2013

R65, I'm in wine country about an hour north of San Francisco. It's beautiful up here and tranquil and serene but warm it is not...at least during Fall/Winter months. I love the bay area but the job market here is dismal and I am sick of American politics and the tea party mentality....even in liberal California, I've been subject to racist douchebags who think Obama is a muslim terrorist. I have no family ties to keep me here and I've always wanted to live in the UK.

Curious why you want to vacate London permanently. What do you hate about it?

by Anonymousreply 7703/03/2013

No, I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 7803/03/2013

Malibu is a very different place from what it was in the mid-70's. I would take the old Malibu over what it's become any day.

by Anonymousreply 7903/03/2013

No one ever speaks of how fucking boring California can be.

It's endless brown shrubbery, spotted with light green or silver foliage. You never really see deep greens, unless you go way up north or high in the mountains. And even then, it's limited and without the color of the East coast.

by Anonymousreply 8003/03/2013

Aw, c'mon, R80 - those wildfires and earthquakes aren't boring at all!

by Anonymousreply 8103/04/2013

I paid $325,000 for my place in the Colony, R79.

by Anonymousreply 8203/04/2013

never. I'd move to Gstaad

by Anonymousreply 8303/04/2013

Grew up in California, Southern California, and Malibu was great. As was Zuma and Trancas. Went to school in Santa Barbara - too cool and just gets colder and colder as you travel north. I like to swim in the ocean, so no further than Zuma for me. Laguna is terrific; my parents had an apartment on the beach there although we lived in Hancock Park - also very nice in the 60s and 709s. But Hawaii was the best and I'd still love to live there. But I'm in NY - Manhattan for 30 years and now safely upstate -- waaaay upstate. I'm about 10 miles from those odious Beekmans. If I had the bucks to live in Malibu, I'd get a place in Bali.

by Anonymousreply 8403/04/2013

But Bali has open sewage that runs through the center and wanton crime, especially against tourists and expatriots.

So why Bali?

by Anonymousreply 8503/04/2013

[quote]expatriots

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 8603/04/2013

That's how they spell it in Indonesia, smartypants.

by Anonymousreply 8703/04/2013

[quote]no. if I had enough money to live in Malibu, I'd live in the south of France.

Have you ever been there off season? It's very depressing.

by Anonymousreply 8803/04/2013

R87 No, it's not. It's not how they spell it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 8903/04/2013

I've been to many parties in Malibu and it is quite nice there. But Herb Alpert died a decade ago. Is someone playing "A Weekend At Herbies" on you?

by Anonymousreply 9003/04/2013

I've heard that no one stays on the water very long. Ten years max. The roar of the ocean gets to people. It becomes disorienting.

Many people rent out their beach homes for public parties. These noisy affairs can go on for days. You never know which one of your neighbors is inclined to do this.

There is only one road in and out--PCH. I've been told that it is the ultimate bitch to have to pull out of your driveway on PCH. Lots of deadly accidents. Many distracted drivers glaring at the ocean and not at the road.

The fires will keep you captive in your homes for days on end. The sewage lines leak into the ocean, unprocessed. You can literally smell Tom Hank's shit and Robert Downey Jr.'s piss in your yard.

Then there are the ghosts. Something not talked about much in mixed company, but definately a known entity. So many hve perished on PCH that ghosts are seen walking around outside of homes. It gets spooky, to the point of harrowing.

Nope, I wouldn't move there.

by Anonymousreply 9103/04/2013

[quote]Curious why you want to vacate London permanently. What do you hate about it?

Probably what I hate about it wouldn't bother you. A lot of it is to do with what has been lost...that you wouldn't know about if you arrived fresh off the boat.

It's over-crowded. Over-priced. It's lost its slow, rather civilised atmosphere of the past.

I'm in my late 40s now and I think it would be more fun if you're young. I just find it a hassle and I hate the new style post-global warming weather. The long, long muggy summers. The airless buses. The crowded trains. The terrible traffic. Everyone shrieking into their phones in a foreign language. The awful British 'pop' culture.

I'd be embarrassed to tell you how much things cost. You have to be on constant guard against the rip-offs.

The ridiculous price of property.

So much geared to the SUPER-RICH.

I'd like to be out in nature more now, in a sunny climate. Swim, ride horses. Go to the beach.

by Anonymousreply 9203/04/2013

[quote]But Herb Alpert died a decade ago.

No, he didn't, he's still alive. Age 77.

by Anonymousreply 9303/04/2013

R92, there is a city in so. cal called Norco, where people still ride around town on horseback. it's relatively inexpensive for California. It's about an hour and a half from the beach, less on weekends.

It's like a small western town that consists mostly of dairy farms, and the place just smells of SHIT. Constantly. It constantly smells like shit but people live there and they say that after a while you don't smell it anymore. It's kinda pretty too.

by Anonymousreply 9403/04/2013

OP, the secret of the Los Angeles illuminati is that Compton is coming back, so buy in now.

by Anonymousreply 9503/04/2013

[quote]California is too much of a disaster. I'd much rather live in a more affordable area with people who are real and not made of plastic.

Because of course EVERYONE in California is like the people found in and around the entertainment industry.

So sick of those who don't recognize the diversity of this state, and believe that L.A. = California. There are tens of millions of people here, of all kinds. If 'plastic' people are all that you've encountered, that's your own fault.

by Anonymousreply 9603/04/2013

And what's wrong with plastic people??

by Anonymousreply 9703/04/2013

Most people in LA don't even fit that description. I have relatives there, no one I know is "plastic."

Yes, you meet uppity delusional types but they are to be found everywhere. And you'd be suprised at how well-read people are in LA.

by Anonymousreply 9803/04/2013

except for august and september when it is admittedly glorious, the weather in malibu is awful. cold, damp and foggy. the people are horrid (think the worst of hollywood with some hippy dippy and biker wannabe thrown in). there are basically 2 roads into mailbu, so traffic is a bitch pretty much all the time and if something goes wrong (landslide, fire, 9 car pile up) you are basically trapped.

no way.

by Anonymousreply 9903/04/2013

Malibu is stunning. But I would rather be in Silverlake. My favorite part of LA by a mile. I realize I'm probably in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 10003/04/2013

London. It's still the capital of the world. But only if I could afford a detached house with a pool, security and a country bolthole.

by Anonymousreply 10103/04/2013

There are lots of things I would do if I had tons of money, but living in Malibu would not be one of them and I live in San Diego and NOT the La Jolla area of it either; make no mistake, La Jolla is as much a part of San Diego as San Ysidro. I have nothing against California and have lived here for over 21 years (am 58), but in retirement, which is just around the corner, I will probably seek out another state, maybe even go back to Pennsylvania--I hear Pittsburgh's not such a bad place for retirees, probably especially those with tons of money.

by Anonymousreply 10203/04/2013

I visited a house sitter friend who was staying in a house right on the beach, a few doors down from Goldie. This house was surprisingly small and thin - a couple bedrooms, great art, nice place, cool and unpretentious - but still small and thin. The owner traveled and was only there part-time. Right on the beach. I wouldn't choose to live there. Malibu only works as a kind of retreat. Get supplies and hide out sort of thing. I want to hear more about the ghosts in the area. It does feel spooky at night.

by Anonymousreply 10303/04/2013

R91, I googled the ghosts of PCH and didn't find much but am fascinated. I'll keep looking.

by Anonymousreply 10403/04/2013

All the sewage from Malibu goes into the ocean - it's like shitting in your backyard.

by Anonymousreply 10503/04/2013

If I had that kind of $$$$$$ I'd pick Carmel or the Sea Cliff area of San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 10603/04/2013

R91,

Please tell us more about the ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 10703/04/2013

The fires burn down Malibu every ten years or so -- always the same houses, each time with new people. Most are foreigners who didn't know about the clocklike burns followed by clocklike floods that target a different set of houses.

The orchid farm always rebuilds and stays. It was owned by some Angle guy who then sold it to his head nurseryman in the 60s. Joan Didion wrote about the place in several of her books and each time calamity hits, I wonder if fire or flood will get the orchids this time.

by Anonymousreply 10803/04/2013

[quote]I've heard that no one stays on the water very long. Ten years max. The roar of the ocean gets to people. It becomes disorienting.

Living two blocks from the beach, I know plenty of people who live right on the ocean for many years. They have no problems with disorientation. Further, the ocean doesn't roar all the time. Some days the ocean is nearly as calm as a lake. Two blocks from the beach, we can't hear the ocean unless there's a big storm.

by Anonymousreply 10903/04/2013

I'd live in Europe.

Western Europe.

by Anonymousreply 11003/04/2013

[quote]Because of course EVERYONE in California is like the people found in and around the entertainment industry... So sick of those who don't recognize the diversity of this state

Like the DL Everyone Trolls. Why does everyone at DL hate _________ ? Why is everyone at DL saying _____ ______ __? The mindless Everyone Trolls think there is no diversity at DL.

by Anonymousreply 11103/04/2013

If I had all the money I needed I'm move (with my relatives) to London. Even the squirrelly weather doesn't bother me. London is where I am happiest. Second would be Hobart, Tasmania. For me, both are heaven on earth.

by Anonymousreply 11203/04/2013

Like someone said up-thread, I'd move to the south of France, probably Villefranche or Antibes. However, I'd probably leave in the summer when it's overrun with tourists.

by Anonymousreply 11303/04/2013

Malibu faces south. Beaches that face south do not have "ocean roar." I've lived on the beach in Long Beach for 15 years and their is no ocean sound. Beaches that face east and west may have ocean noises, but I don't see how anyone could possibly hear it with the acoustically engineered doors and windows used for the last half century.

by Anonymousreply 11403/04/2013

Apartment in NYC, summer home in northern Michigan, vacation getaway in St. Lucia.

California holds no interest for me. Lived a miserable lifetime in LA for three years in the nineties.

by Anonymousreply 11503/04/2013

Manhattan is the only place to be. San Diego comes in a close second. Then you need to go overseas to Adelaide, Melbourne, Christchurch or Cape Town.

by Anonymousreply 11603/04/2013

Malibu is too nouveau riche for me. I'd prefer an area like Charleston, SC, NC Outer Banks, or any east coast big city.

by Anonymousreply 11703/04/2013

More about the ghosts of Malibu, please. I've never heard of this before.

by Anonymousreply 11803/04/2013

It always helps to be the poorest resident in a very rich area.

by Anonymousreply 11903/04/2013

Nope, no where in Cali.

Paris all the way (NOT Paris,Texas).

by Anonymousreply 12003/04/2013

I like Santa Barbara better than Malibu, but I'm afraid I'd get bored there after too long. Same with Carmel and the wine country. These places are more suited for second homes than primary residences.

by Anonymousreply 12103/04/2013

[quote]London is where I am happiest. Second would be Hobart, Tasmania.

Wow! What a difference between the two. I've enjoyed spending time in both places. Have you ever been in Hobart in the wintertime, R112? Its neighbor is Antarctica. I couldn't deal with winter weather that far south.

by Anonymousreply 12203/04/2013

If I had tons of money, my home base would be a Manhattan penthouse with a house on the beach somewhere on the east coast, either the Hamptons or Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard. I'd never want to live in California, and even now I especially avoid So. California.

by Anonymousreply 12303/04/2013

I've thought about this quite a bit.

I'd have several homes, none in Cali.

NYC condo, waterfront home on the Atlantic (Ct shoreline like Westport or Cape Cod), home and boat slip in South Floria.

by Anonymousreply 12403/04/2013

[quote] How can Mindy Cohn afford Malibu? She's fat.

She's done very well financially with voiceover work, so has Lara Jill Miller from Gimme A Break. Mindy also came from a very privileged background.

by Anonymousreply 12503/04/2013

I'd do Laguna Beach, Manhattan Beach, Santa Monica, or Pacific Palisades before I'd do Malibu.

But actually, I'd probably avoid the ocean altogether.

by Anonymousreply 12603/04/2013

Isn't real estate more expensive in Carmel than in Malibu?

by Anonymousreply 12703/04/2013

In reference to the above posters who inquired about haunted Malibu, here's what I know.

While it is not spoken of much in the press, PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) is one of the most dangerous highways in the world. I could uncover some buried statistics for you but not at this time. Since its inception, PCH has had very terrible car accidents that defy belief. We're talking the most gruesome wrecks with a terrible body count.

I won't go into detail because I'm not into gore as I feel much sympathy and sorrow for the victims and their families. Let's just say that PCH is unmerciful and doesn't give a shit about your welfare. It doesn't warn you, nor will it offer any breaks for your fall and crashes.

In fact, very recently a wonderful woman was killed on her bike on PCH. She was a world-class athlete who could have easily commandeered any other road, but not PCH. It devoured her.

Every year, PCH takes out the young and beautiful, and everyone else, along it's twenty-six mile course with Malibu. And the ghosts have lingered--taken out too young in expectation of a fun day at the beach. Residents do see white visions of beach-goers dressed in swimming attire 'round midnight. Others have reported hearing voices echoing across the road where cars once parked in the afternoon sun.

Many celebrities live with these entities. Being the Datalounge, I'm sure you like names and adjoining tales. I can't do that--I respect the privacy of everyone, including the dead.

The pther very, very odd reported occurrances are those of UFO's. UFO's are commonplace in Malibu and have been sighted coming out of the ocean (with a few celebrity sightings).

But tell me Dataloungers--who do you think seems haunted in Malibu?

by Anonymousreply 12803/04/2013

Pebble Beach

by Anonymousreply 12903/04/2013

The thermonuclear winds of the Pacific whistle over the wounds of beaten middle aged actresses as they examine asymmetrical stitches hidden under hair extensions, before tracking the retreat of black cherry colored bruising buried beneath the transluscent wings of overpriced shawls. Three hundred dollar candles flicker as the ectoplasmic scraps of the highway's predatory appetites drift across creaking decks, hissing through screens, brooding over staged photos of happy families, floating past lifeless scripts and lingering near scorched crack pipes...

by Anonymousreply 13003/05/2013

In amplifying R128's point, celebritites in Malibu turn out of their driveways at a dead stop on a road that often has high speed traffic, the PCH. Gruesome accidents are inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 13103/05/2013

Let's face it, Malibu is no Marin County.

by Anonymousreply 13203/05/2013

I wonder if any paparazzi have died on the Malibu PCH?

by Anonymousreply 13303/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.