Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fallen Cardinal Keith O'Brien

He's kinda hot in a daddy sort of way. Anybody had him? Sizemeatus verificacia? Top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 3903/22/2013

The fact that his outing came at this time was purely an accident. A fortunate accident that forced his resignation.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

The 5 pm news on NPR said O'Brien has issued an apology today for his actions.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

I was just going to post something about him, OP! Yeah, he does have that silverdaddy thing goin' on.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

Very well hung, very thick with a nice big mushroom head. Can be very aggressive when he gets aroused, which he does easily. But likes to kiss and can be tender, as well. Pounded my virgin butt a few times, totally consensual.

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

slimeball

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

From the Guardian:

In purely human terms, the story of Cardinal O'Brien's resignation is tragic. He had spent a lifetime reaching the upper echelons of his church, but after allegations of inappropriate behaviour made in the Observer last Sunday his fall from grace took just 36 hours. Not one of the four complainants takes any satisfaction from that.

This is not about the exposure of one man's alleged foibles. It is about the exposure of a church official who publicly issues a moral blueprint for others' lives that he is not prepared to live out himself. Homosexuality is not the issue; hypocrisy is. The cardinal consistently condemned homosexuality during his reign, vociferously opposing gay adoption and same-sex marriage.

The church cannot face in two directions like a grotesque two-headed monster: one face for public, the other for private.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

and yet, it does.

by Anonymousreply 803/04/2013

During the recent press and TV coverage of the on-going gay marriage legislation here in the UK O'Brien consistently behaved in an aggressive and homophobic manner. He took every opportunity to pour scorn and derision on gays wrapped up in sanctimonious drivel to support his threadbare piety.

That he had the gall to constantly attack gay people knowing what lay in his own closet is truly breath taking even by the self-serving standards of the Catholic Church. He behaved in a bullying manner throughout, allying himself with other local bigots such as Sir Brian Souter (Stage Coach Buses)which only confirmed his grotesque willingingness to cosy up to whatever looney was as keen as he was to spead hurt, misinformation and blatant lies. In short the usual route adopted by Catholic High Command.

He recently claimed that since Jesus said nothing about celebacy in priesthood that perhaps the time was right to change that. Never one to let fact stand in his way, if he had researched a bit further he would have found out that Jesus said nothing about homosexulity - there again that would not have suited his bigoted stand point and afterall why spoil the party with balance and intelligence.

There is not a rock in hell hot enough yet to accommodate this odious hypocrite and it is to be hoped he will have a long and painful time examining his own conscience.

There again perhaps the only thing really bothering him is that his game was called.

by Anonymousreply 903/04/2013

Yes indeed, he failed at The Eleventh Commandment, 'Don't Get Found Out.' Historical arrogance, bullying and hypocrisy aren't quite enough now. The game has changed, and I hope many more victims find the courage speak out.

by Anonymousreply 1003/04/2013

I am quite disgusted by this. What kind of perv is this?

by Anonymousreply 1103/04/2013

This photo is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1203/04/2013

nasty hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 1303/04/2013

Amen, R9.

by Anonymousreply 1403/04/2013

I loved Keith O'Brien, but Buffy and Jodie and Mr French were the star of the show

by Anonymousreply 1503/04/2013

This was no accident. A part of a carefully orchestrated agreement the church put out to allow the pope to retire with being held accountable for the atrocities (many, many morethan this one) he is co-conspitator of. It is an effort to keep the lid on things by agreeing to a few sacrificial lambs.

If the Vatican banking scandal were to come to full light, the church would FULLY LOSE its tax exempt status and be be part of the biggest criminal prosecution in history.

The Vatican is and has aways been the largest, richest bank in the world. Their losses would be insurmountable, bringing about the near end of Catholicism in the way the rest of the world knows it.

by Anonymousreply 1603/04/2013

Its the hypocrisy I can't stand. He was so virulently anti-gay that we should have known he was covering up his own past indescretions.

The church has always attracted a certain kind of gay man, ambitious to get ahead where his sexuality would not be an issue, and where he gets respect and a powerful position, particularly in countries like Ireland or Italy. Now they see that gays can be happy and fulfilled and have equality, in sharp contrast to their own fiercely closeted existances. It must be a bitter pill for them - I could almost feel sorry for Cardinal O'Brien if he had not been such a hypocrite. The ex-pope (dowager Pope?) and his similar pronouncements are more of the same. The Church sooner rather than later will have to adopt to the modern world, or will be left totally behind. A lot of my family in Ireland do not even go to Sunday mass any more ...

by Anonymousreply 1803/04/2013

[quote]his fall from grace took just 36 hours. Not one of the four complainants takes any satisfaction from that.

How the fuck do you know that? They wouldn't have gone public if they didn't want this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 1903/04/2013

He's a violent sex offender. Nothing hot about that.

by Anonymousreply 2003/04/2013

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 2103/04/2013

Britain’s leading gay rights campaigners say the former leader of the Scottish Catholic Church who has now admitted to inappropriate “sexual conduct” should also apologise to gay people for his “vicious and cruel language” about them.

Yesterday, Cardinal O’Brien said: “my sexual conduct has fallen below the standards expected of me as a priest, archbishop and cardinal.”

“By his own admission, the cardinal stands exposed as a hypocrite. He preached publicly against homosexuality while privately seeking its pleasures,” human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell said to PinkNews.co.uk.

“He is not the only two-faced hypocrite. There are other senior Catholic clergy who are guilty of the same duplicity.

“O’Brien’s admission of sexual contact with men wrecks the credibility of the church’s homophobic rants. It undermines the campaign against same-sex marriage, for which he was a leading spokesperson. No one can take them seriously any more.

Mr Tatchell continued: “The cardinal is a profoundly troubled man. I pity him. He needs counselling to help him deal with his decades of deception, and to come to terms with his obvious self-loathing and deeply repressed homosexual desires.

He added: “Other leading voices against marriage equality are also homophobic hypocrites. They are at risk of similar exposure as frauds.

“Recent revelations in the Italian press suggest that many gay clergy hold high office in the Vatican, despite its hardline homophobic stance. How can they live with their conscience?”

by Anonymousreply 2203/04/2013

Last November, Cardinal O’Brien was named ‘Bigot of the Year’ by gay rights charity Stonewall due to his staunch opposition to marriage equality.

by Anonymousreply 2303/04/2013

In 2012, the gay Cardinal stated that same-sex relationships were “harmful to the physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing” and compared equal marriage to slavery and child abuse.

Stonewall Chief Executive Ben Summerskill said on Monday that the charity noted “with sadness that the cardinal didn’t find it in him to apologise to gay people, their families and friends for the harm his vicious and cruel language caused.”

by Anonymousreply 2403/04/2013

In an editorial published last Friday, British Catholic newspaper "The Tablet" said: “When Cardinal Keith O’Brien called gay marriage a ‘grotesque subversion’ and ‘madness’ it attracted widespread censure. No wonder the accusations of inappropriate behaviour as a younger man – strenuously denied – were so damning. If true, it made him look a hypocrite. For the church this was a public relations disaster.”

by Anonymousreply 2503/04/2013

I was actually kind of thinking he was probably good looking in his 30s and 40s.

More importantly, I am not sure how I feel about the term "abuse" being used to describe whatever he did with these seminarians (or whatever they were). Admittedly there have been few details, but they were apparently all healthy, educated, adult men. They are fully capable of making their own choices, including whether to have sex or not, allow themselves to be touched 'inappropriately', etc. I think the term 'sexual harassment' might be more appropriate.

Finally, if three people have come forward with these stories... how many hundreds more do you think are out there?

by Anonymousreply 2603/04/2013

Obviously, O'Brien is just the tip of the iceberg. But he might be the biggest fish and the most powerful.

And one of the biggest hypocrites!

by Anonymousreply 2703/04/2013

They really should bring back medieval-style punishments for this lot.

by Anonymousreply 2803/04/2013

[quote]Finally, if three people have come forward with these stories... how many hundreds more do you think are out there?

Right now there are four. Three are priests. One is an ex-priest who left the priesthood when O'Brien was appointed a bishop who would have power over him.

All four men wrote out statements to the papal nuncio, Archbishop Mennini, regarding O'Brien's behavior toward them. One was five pages long.

"He started fondling my body, kissing me and telling me how special I was to him and how much he loved me," one had written.

by Anonymousreply 2903/04/2013

I just read there was a 5th who went straight to the Vatican in October.

by Anonymousreply 3003/04/2013

In the golden days we could have blamed them as being fantasist worshippers of Satan, but that shit doesn't cut it in modern days.

by Anonymousreply 3103/04/2013

So it turns out they, not us, are the wolves in sheep's clothing.

by Anonymousreply 3203/04/2013

The Scotsman newspaper reports that the resignation of Cardinal O’Brien was triggered by a claim of inappropriate behaviour towards a priest taking place in 2001. That complaint was lodged with the Vatican in October 2012.

It is the fifth such allegation to be made public and also the most recent – allegations in the Observer dated back to the 1980s.

The complaint is said to have given other men confidence to come forward with allegations against the cardinal.

by Anonymousreply 3303/04/2013

damn

by Anonymousreply 3403/04/2013

I'm so tired of all these damn pervs. What is the world coming to?

by Anonymousreply 3503/07/2013

R26...it's abuse. As a cardinal, he's their superior, with power over them and their lives. He's also supposed to be in a mentoring role.

by Anonymousreply 3603/07/2013

oh geeeeez

by Anonymousreply 3703/08/2013

nothing hot about him.

by Anonymousreply 3803/08/2013

Could it have been.... love?

by Anonymousreply 3903/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.