Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romney returns: ‘It kills me’ to not be president — MSNBC‏

“It kills me not to be there, not to be in the White House doing what needs to be done."

by Anonymousreply 5203/05/2013

Were it true...

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

And the angel MORONi thus spake:

"You are right where I want you! Don't come till I call you!"

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

If only it would...

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

You lost the election because the campaign revealed your character. Now go away.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

and thus spake Zarathustra.

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

Notice how he never says what he would do if he were president? Seems if he had some magical answers it would be patriotic to share them.m

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

More empty promises from Shitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

Glad to hear it, Mittens.

Nice to know you suffer a bit every day, even with your other great fortunes.

Yeaaaa for us.

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

Ann Romney blames the media for her husband's loss and she's right. After all, how could he possibly win if they were going to go around informing the public of what he had to say?

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

I wonder if the car elevator works as anticipated, and if it has brought him joy.

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

It still amazes me that Romney and those around him really believed they were going to win, even though every Electoral College projection and almost every poll throughout the campaign had Obama ahead. Politicians always try to spin things in their favor, but they usually know what's really going to happen. McCain knew he was going to lose to Obama. But Romney and his people obviously were living in fantasy land.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

It's odd they are doing this media blitz, hauling out the newborn babies and everything. Even the Repugs didn't really want him for POTUS.

There will never be a groundswell for Romney to run for POTUS again. The voters have spoken and his moment has passed. He needs to undertand this. But he and his family are so cloistered off (which was one of their problems) so he probably only hears, "Dad, you can do this!" all day long.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

No, R1, they were listening to Karl Rove who told them he had it all figured out from 2004 how to steal the vote in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2013

I am just so sorry that he didn't blow a lot of his own money in is failed quest.

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

All Romney had to do to win was get Hollis, Verna, Mellie, Cyrus and Olivia on his side.

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2013

Call me when it starts killing Ann, Mitt.

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2013

As to the election, a great deal depended, for Romney, on the assumption that 2008 was a fluke: the first African-American President! They believed that Obama had largely failed the minority communities, who would therefore not turn out in large numbers in 2012, even if they generally supported Obama. This Romney position had a certain logic to it, but was just wrong on the facts.

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2013

Oh, but I wouldn't want poor Kerry to have to sleep with...ugh...Mittens.

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2013

urf

by Anonymousreply 1903/03/2013

I think he'll run again. They believe the white horse prophecy.

by Anonymousreply 2003/03/2013

R20, now they probably believe that Tagg is the Chosen One who will vindicate his father's loss by becoming the first Mormon president.

by Anonymousreply 2103/03/2013

R21 I hope I'm dead by the time that happens.

by Anonymousreply 2203/03/2013

I believe he was so convinced he had God in his pocket, that no matter what facts were presented from the outside, he knew better and would prevail.

I doubt if Ann has ever formed an original thought in her life. Whatever the [bold]man[/bold] says (father/brothers/Mitt) is fine with her.

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2013

Another thread:

by Anonymousreply 2403/03/2013

I think the whole "we thought we were going to win" bs is a campaign to convince republican voters that the election was stolen from them. So next time, republicans REALLY have to get out there and suppress the vote.

by Anonymousreply 2503/03/2013

If I was Ann's handler, I would have her turn to the camera, hands raised, spontaneously crying as if she'd suddenly been made poor, and sing:

Have I said too much?

There's nothing more I can think of to say to you.

But all you have to do is look at me to know

That every word is true

by Anonymousreply 2603/03/2013

And it would kill us Mitt if you were president. Better you be killed than us.

by Anonymousreply 2703/03/2013

She needs to duet with AnnE on "I Dreamed a Dream."

by Anonymousreply 2803/03/2013

This guy and his family just need to go quietly into the political wilderness.

We no longer need to hear from the Romneysat all.

by Anonymousreply 2903/03/2013

Once again, Romnney & the GOP has wonderful timing. The sequestration cuts kick in, GOP House members obstruct and play games in their parallel universe, and we are reminded by Mittens, himself of the wretched, vapid, despicable people who are inflicting great harm on our country.

I'd hang all of them for treason. When their games jeopardize the safety, security, and survival of our economy, they aren't putting country first, they are putting the basest kind of politics first. Romney believes he is a superior human being and that Obama is inferior. Fuck Romney.

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2013

Ann Romney On 'Fox News Sunday': 'I'm Happy To Blame The Media' For Mitt's Loss

Video:

by Anonymousreply 3103/03/2013

R28, the whole AnnE with a capital E thing is getting really tired. It's time for you to give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 3203/03/2013

It kills me that he was actually governor of my state. Was NOT an ally for LBGT or Women of Massachusettes to say the least. Mitt-Be Gone!

by Anonymousreply 3303/03/2013

To be president he would need the Asian and Latino Vote...we would never get either.

by Anonymousreply 3403/03/2013

...and yet the lying corrupt asshole still breathes.

by Anonymousreply 3503/03/2013

As much as these douchebags really bug me, I believe this might end up being a good thing.

Mitt Romney was universally disliked, and A LOT of people lost A LOT of money because of him. These people are not going to turn around and embrace him and his brood. The more he gets in our faces, the more people will despise him.

Of course, I am talking about the American general public, so who the hell knows in the end. Only one thing is for sure. Hillary will beat any of her opponents if she actually runs.

by Anonymousreply 3603/03/2013

If only R36. The Republican talent pool is so thin there is nobody right now who can replace him. That is why it is vital we mount a stealth campaign to deliver the GOP to progressives.

by Anonymousreply 3703/03/2013

When I saw the story, I thought it was a parody. No sense of self-awareness at all.

by Anonymousreply 3803/04/2013

He says Obama is not offering leadership, and Boner (Boehner?) says Obama has not made an offer of compromise...

Well I wonder what Romney would do to get the Tea Party to compromise (increase revenue)- since Democratic proposals including Obama's have both cuts and revenue in them... and then there is Boner's lies.

The point is, the Tea Party will not compromise to solve the problems- never mind even come up with a budget.

Yet all we hear is it is both sides fault.

How would Romney get the Tea Party to budge? I assume he likes those 15-20% tax rates on captital gains, hedge funding earnings etc. Just how would he "lead"?

by Anonymousreply 3903/04/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 4003/04/2013

Since when does anybody give a shit whether the losing Super Bowl team goes to Disney World, or not?!

by Anonymousreply 4103/04/2013

Boo Fucking Hoo!!

by Anonymousreply 4203/04/2013

I don't remember Kerry, Gore, or even Bob Dole carrying on like this after a presidential loss, let alone their spouses. Really unattractive and weird.

by Anonymousreply 4303/04/2013

Agreed, R43. There has never been a presidential loser so invested in maintaining a public profile.

by Anonymousreply 4403/04/2013

From his mouth...

by Anonymousreply 4503/04/2013

There were a multitude of things that killed his campaign. The 47 percent comment was killer of course.

But then there was his corporations are people, or his not giving a crap about the poor, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4603/04/2013

Yep! It's that "gotcha" media!

by Anonymousreply 4703/04/2013

Pathetic, reality tv trash style. I hope the Republicant's are happy to what that have done to their party. Turds,,,,Twirling down the drain....

by Anonymousreply 4803/04/2013

These two Romney douchebags can keep on deluding themselves. Even hardcore Repugs know the Romneys are lying, phony pieces of shit who the American public soundly rejected because they simply are not likeable with policies that blow.

by Anonymousreply 4903/05/2013

It kills Romney to not be president?

I hope the Romneys have 'Google alert' and are immediately notified that they are hated by so many. That should kill them too.

by Anonymousreply 5003/05/2013

who cares Mitt? NO ONE!

by Anonymousreply 5103/05/2013

Oh for crying out loud, JUST DIE!

by Anonymousreply 5203/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!