Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I am in love with old eps of the Golden Gals

They do not make sitcoms like this any longer. I LOVE GG. I just finished watching the episode where Dorothy discovers that Sophia isn't her real mother.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013

Did you see the one where the girls sit on the lanai? That is almost as funny as the episode where they sit in the kitchen and eat cheesecake.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

There are only like eleventy-thousand GG threads, OP.

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

R2, is it Proudfoots or Proudfeet?

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

Can never have too many GG threads.

Sophis IS Dorothy's real ma. Don't you say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

Do you think Blanche ever caught any venereal diseases?

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

She gave all of us crabs when we all slept in ma's bed on a cold night!

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

I was watching a "Maude" episode with Rue as Maude's friend Viv. Rue looked better and younger when she was on GG.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

Some of the episodes are good but most are bad. They never did a good Christmas show but they kept on making them anyway. A little of this show goes along way. I also hate how people think because I'm gay I have to like shows like this. sad how people can still be so stereotypical.

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

I am also puzzled by people's devotion to this the B- sitcom. I was roped into watching it as my sister and I were left with my grandparents on the weekends and my grandmother liked it as the actresses were from her age demographic, but I don't get Gen X & Y's attachment to the show. It was drek, no better than Empty Nest the shit show which followed the Golden Girls, yet no one fondly waxes poetic over that garbage. The condom shopping trip episode was the only remotely funny episode in the 7 year run of the show. The Golden Girls was also infamous for doing lots of clip shows in the later seasons, where all the girls sat around the kitchen with the cheesecake did all of 1 minutes worth of dialog and they just showed clips from old episodes to fill the remaining 24 minutes. For the actors that must have been such an easy days work and even easier paycheck. Was it because the actors were too senile to remember lots of lines in their declining years or was Mark Cherry just running the show on autopilot at that point. Many questions few answers.

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

r8, eat dirt and die, trash.

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

[quote]Can never have too many GG threads.

Yes. There can. GG threads are the kudzu of DL.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

r9, you're entitled to your opinion, but most of us love these old broads. To compare it to Empty Nest isn't fair. And Marc Cherry wasn't a showrunner. He was just a writer.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

Bye bye R8 & R9, back to your building blocks and lower case letters.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

The Xmas that they spend a gunpoint at the grief center is a good one.

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2013

I like watching them, but they are a bit dated at times.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!