Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fuck the IRS

Seriously, just fuck them. I hope every single person who works for them has to watch their closest loved ones crushed beneath an overturned vehicle.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 10306/19/2014

A friend went to work as a lawyer for the IRS and he was somewhere between positive and neutral about them at the time. It took less than a year for him to begin seething with hate for the IRS because he watched them routinely go after small fish while they ignored major tax evaders. The incident that caused him to turn against them was when they auctioned off the farm of an elderly widow.

The DEA does the same thing, going after street dealers while those for whom they work go free. I've heard ATF is notorious for the same thing. The more egregious your crimes, the less likely some federal agencies are to prosecute you.

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

I always hope they'll be hacked and lose all the info on who owes what, but naturally they must have serious back up on it all. I've also heard of a lot of people quitting the IRS because they couldn't stomach how heartless they are.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

And tax the churches !

by Anonymousreply 606/17/2013

I hate them too, but I have to agree with R1.

The real culprit is the despicable and spineless political establishment that has produced a perverted, impenetrable tax code that would provide Kafka with the stuff of a dozen horror stories.

They provide loopholes for themselves and their donors and anyone else rich enough to afford comprehensive and very expensive tax avoidance advice, while forcing everyone else to spend days tearing out their hair trying to figure out how to calculate what they owe (and you always do seem to owe, don't you? That's because you probably don't have a team at Ernst and Young figuring out which of your assets you should be holding via a Guam-based shell company!).

And now the government is cutting enforcement resources, which means the IRS will concentrate more than ever on the low-hanging fruit of small earners and businesses.

by Anonymousreply 706/17/2013

The reason they don't go after "big fish" is that they tend to pay loads of consumption (sales, hotel, telephone, etc.) taxes, and other taes, including property, employer, etc. It's just good business to let them keep spending.

They do this even with average people. I've owed my stat4e government about $3k for years, but in that time, becuase of the nature of my work, I've paid more in consumption and other taxes to the state than most multimillionaires. Of course it'd be nice to pay them off, but it's not like I'm not paying other taxes. Rest assured, if I ever acquire property, or wealth, the state will be there, ready to take its cash back.

The woman who lostw her farm could have protected it in bankruptcy, in all likelihood.

by Anonymousreply 806/17/2013

You're lucky (or smart) to owe state and not federal taxes, r8, because state tax authorities don't have anything like the pull of the IRS machine. Your state is unlikely to have you arrested at the airport, and I imagine the civil and criminal penalties for failing to pay your state taxes in time are significantly lower than for federal taxes.

Remember, one of the absurd things federal tax laws are supposed to do is to provide a basis for jailing people like Al Capone, who can't be convicted of other serious offenses.

And in spite of the 24/7 PRISM surveillance we've all recently discovered we're under, I don't believe for a second that either the IRS or state tax authorities have the capacity to figure out who's paying what in property, employment, sales or other taxes to make up for unpaid income taxes. Please, that would actually require a lucid cost/benefit analysis. AS IF!

by Anonymousreply 906/17/2013

Let it go, op, without the IRS their would be no USA.

by Anonymousreply 1006/17/2013

[quote]without the IRS their would be no USA.

R10, there most certainly was a US before the IRS and there'd be one if we dismantled it. The agency was originally created by Lincoln as a temporary (!) way to help pay for the Civil War. Then, the politicians discovered how much they liked the extra money and the ability to fuck, er, fiddle with tax codes to manipulate society.

by Anonymousreply 1106/17/2013

R1 is absolutely right. I've had to deal professionally with the IRS for over 30 years, and, believe me, they don't like the current tax laws anymore than you do. The real problem is a Congress that preaches "tax simplification" and then passes laws that do exactly the opposite, being impossible to administer without adding more complexity to the system.

A good example is the Earned Income Credit, an entitlement designed to benefit the lowest income individuals. Over the years, Congress has added so many qualifiers and rules - designed to avoid abuse of the system - that it's almost impossible for the average person to compute it with pen and tax forms, without using software or a tax professional. Congress recognizes that, and is talking about "simplifying" it, but ... well, you get the picture.

In all of my years dealing with the IRS, I have encountered a few assholes on a power trip (and have enjoyed taking them down, since they can't get away with the intimidation they use on taxpayers alone, since I am well aware of what they can and cannot do.) But the vast majority of IRS employees I have worked with have been reasonable, polite people, trying to do a job that society sees just one step above the guy at the animal shelter who puts down stray animals. Many get frustrated with the system and leave, resulting in a shameful turnover of staff, making everyone else's job just that more difficult. And today, with budget cuts coming from Congress (the same people who make their job uber-difficult), they are often short-staffed and poorly trained, to the point where I find myself actually feeling sorry for them, which is a new experience for me.

As far as them "picking on" lower income people, that is somewhat true only with regard to small businesses as opposed to big ones. The reason is financial: large businesses can generally afford legal advice and professional audit representation, making it more difficult and time consuming for the IRS to collect extra tax from a previous year. On the other hand, send a scary-looking IRS notice to a small business, saying they owe $XXX, and they are likely to just send in a check, because they are deathly afraid of having to deal with the IRS face to face. It's sad, because the IRS DOES make many mistakes, especially these days, and it is very possible that the assessment isn't justified. (While it is true that small businesses would be less likely to have professional tax guidance, and thus more likely to claim questionable deductions, they also are as likely to MISS legit deductions. I have had many instances when I am representing a new client in audit, and the end result is that the client gets more money back, because we found stuff they missed!) But the IRS plays the odds, and would rather hit up 100 small businesses to get $200 each, than one larger business for $20,000. It's simply easier and faster.

by Anonymousreply 1206/17/2013

OK. I paid $63 for a seven-digit number called a PTIN on the 27th of December. Apparently, they expire every Dec. 31, despite when you actually get it. So, now I have to pay those assholes another $63 out of my -broke-as-fuck account for a PTIN renewal. Value? FUCK THE IRS!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2014

R13 Again, blame Congress, not the IRS.

by Anonymousreply 1502/01/2014

[quote]But the IRS plays the odds, and would rather hit up 100 small businesses to get $200 each, than one larger business for $20,000. It's simply easier and faster.

That's an explanation, but it's definitely not a valid reason. We deserve so much better than that.

by Anonymousreply 1602/01/2014

Actually, I work for the IRS and I can tell you that shit is fucked up on MY end because of identity thieves. They are fucking RAMPANT.

Over HALF of the shit I see on a daily basis is bullshit scams or identity theft. Really, you all have NO IDEA how many scams are out there. It's fucking astounding how many bogus tax returns are filed by scammers. I see a "real" return and I'm amazed.

There are fewer and fewer employees to deal with the scams and that pisses me off. I HATE seeing money wasted on fucking scammers/ID thieves. I'd much rather go after these fat cats who are gaming the system but there are so many fucking small-time scammers that we get bogged down in them. And it takes forever to prosecute them.

by Anonymousreply 1702/02/2014

TaxTrollEA - I hope you don't mind, I have a question for you. I owed the IRS $2,000 last year and have been making monthly payments on time. I'm going to owe about the same amount this year. Do you think they'll allow me to add it to the monthly plan?

by Anonymousreply 1802/02/2014

The IRS and Federal Reserve are far more evil than Putin.

by Anonymousreply 2104/19/2014

Right up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 2304/19/2014

Every March 1st or so (not Feb 1st because the asswholes can't get the forms out on time anymore,) I take what my liability was last year and send the IRS that exact amount and enclose all 4 estimated forms. Then I can totally forget they exist for another 11 months. I use the Internet thingy to file, just fill in whatever and don't check anything. Fuck em if they want to dig through all the numbers which I can no longer comprehend.

It took me almost 70 years to get where I can do that.

by Anonymousreply 2504/19/2014

Don Rumsfield sends in the same note with his tax returns every year:

"As in prior years, it is important for you to know that I have absolutely no idea whether our tax returns and our tax payments are accurate. I say that despite the fact that I am a college graduate and I try hard to make sure our returns are accurate.

The tax code is so complex and the forms are so complicated, that I know I cannot have any confidence that I know what is being requested, and therefore I cannot and do not know, and I suspect a great many Americans cannot know, whether or not their tax returns are accurate."

by Anonymousreply 2604/19/2014

[quote]I owed the IRS $2,000 last year and have been making monthly payments on time. I'm going to owe about the same amount this year. Do you think they'll allow me to add it to the monthly plan?

When you agree to pay back taxes on an IRS Installment Agreement, what you are signing includes a condition that you remain "current" with all taxes within the length of the agreement. You violated that, if your balance due for the following year is more than the greater of $1,000 or 10% of your total tax.

Call the IRS at the number you have for your installment agreement (NOT the generic IRS number), and explain what happened. They likely will allow you to add it, with the caveat that it must NOT happen again.

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2014

The IRS has been so vastky underfunded that they go for middle income low-hanging fruit. The Republicans have made it impossible for the IRS to audit the Big Fish. Add to that the added unfunded responsibility of the ACA and you get exactly what the Republicans intended all the time, a frozen bureaucracy.

Audit the Koch fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 2804/19/2014

R26 So why is he addressing this to the IRS? He worked in government for years--does he not realize that the IRS has nothing to do with how complex the tax laws have become? Wasn't he a Congressman?

by Anonymousreply 2904/19/2014

They are federal employees which means they show up, count the milliseconds until retirement and nothing else if they can help it. They have power and, being small wretches, are drunk with it. They're jealous, which makes them evil and vindictive. I try my very best to make life miserable for them, but it's hard to do.

by Anonymousreply 3004/19/2014

r35 nailed it. OP is an ass.

Taxes are necessary. Unless you want to live in a barbaric landscape with nothing. No roads. No schools. No emergency responders. No military. No police. No museums. No libraries. No national parks. No public transportation.

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 3504/19/2014

OP - Move to Somalia.

by Anonymousreply 3604/19/2014

There are many libertarians here.

It's sad that you think there is just one.

by Anonymousreply 3804/19/2014

[quote]The Smithsonian is private.

Further proof of your ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 4104/19/2014

are you the OP, r42 et al?

by Anonymousreply 4204/19/2014

I can't think of a more effective argument against home-schooling than Libertarians.

I mean, [bold]Jeeezus.[/bold] Weapon's-grade stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 4304/19/2014

Could the Libertarians post to their own privately-manufactured internet, completely free of evil gummint influence, so they'll stop posting their OCD spamming bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 4404/19/2014

Everyone pays taxes, OP. You are NOT being singled out the way every other douchebag claims to be.

by Anonymousreply 4504/19/2014

Until the government took it over, the Smithsonian was a private museum. It was endowed by Smithson but since he died childless the governance was given to the US Government. They have made it a shell of its former glory.

Your ignorance is astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 4604/19/2014

Until private entities saw the power of the internet only a few people used it.

Once people recognized the power of P2P power, the internet grew.

If it was still controlled by the government, Datalounge would not exist.

Please try not to expose your legen-wait for it- DARY ignorance.

Government cannot create- it can only steal.

Private companies create. Please try to not be such an ignorant douche.

by Anonymousreply 4704/19/2014

R46, you sick fuck---

[quote]Could the Libertarians post to their own privately-manufactured internet, completely free of evil gummint influence, so they'll stop posting their OCD spamming bullshit?

A free 'Net would mean stopping the NSA from spying on us. The "darknet" exists for people who want to hide from the spies, but soon the whole internet will incorporate these "anti government spying on us 24/7 bullshit"!

It makes me sad that people like you support the murder by drone, the spying, the lying, the stealing, the destruction. You are worse than scum. You deserve to burn in hell for your support of the murder of innocent children.

by Anonymousreply 4804/19/2014

And as always, R50, you completely misread what I just said. I just want you to go the fuck away. We ain't buying what you're selling.

by Anonymousreply 4904/19/2014

I mean, as long as you're going to use these threads as a one-man circle jerk, you might as well do it in the privacy of your own private internet.

So why don't you go hang out with the pedos and drug dealers on the "dark web", and leave us the fuck alone. I'm sure they'd be more interested in your psychotic view of the world.

by Anonymousreply 5004/19/2014

You do see you're alone, and that several libertarians have exposed your tired bullshit? Or are you too stupid to see how stupid you are?

by Anonymousreply 5104/20/2014

r21, r40, r41, r42, r48, r49, r50, and to quote you at r51:

[quote]Or are you too stupid to see how stupid you are?

Girl, mirror...mirror, girl.

by Anonymousreply 5204/20/2014

OP & others, aren't you using TurboTax? Yes doing taxes is horrible BUT the last couple of years I've been doing it myself with TT and it's been great. It's also really difficult too but the great thing is I'm in charge of it, I go over and over and over it at the end like 10x and it's a win win for me.

Plus I'm signed up with the EFTPS (electronic fex tax payment system) and the EFT for my state. I just pay whatever I need to that way.

Before this I would go to HR Block and it would be way more stressful, plus I'd have to bring everything in.

This year in November or December I bought TT from Costco for under $100 then I started working on it in Jan or Feb up thru April 15. I put it in on April 15th.

We are a sm biz so I made sure I had no refund (I used it for ES - est tax payments for the 2014 tax year) for both the state and the feds.

We used to pay $1000+ for getting our taxes done at HR Block, so I love doing this instead even though it's really TOUGH to do.

I know enough about taxes that I could look at the Obama's taxes that were released and think, oh yeah, their taxes are not that difficult, they should have used TT, but of course they're far too busy.

What I really hated in the past was letting someone else fill out the forms online for me, that is HR Block and any tax professional. You have no control over that, but they ask you questions. I prefer to do this myself.

by Anonymousreply 5304/20/2014

10-1 OP is white and male.

by Anonymousreply 5404/20/2014

UM, R21, R41, R42, R48, R49, R50, R53, etc -- if there are so many libertarians on DL, why are they all you???

The one thing that saves us from libertarians is they tend to be amazingly stupid. So self-involved and self-absorbed that they don't learn things like, you know, TROLLDAR.

Go away, you libertarian freak. Go back to the Freeper boards where you belong.

by Anonymousreply 5504/20/2014

to be fair, there are a handful of "regular DL posters" who are libertarian. Some not even American.

But yea, there are far fewer of them than they want to admit.

Kinda like Scientologists, who vastly inflate their estimated numbers.

by Anonymousreply 5604/20/2014

R42 is profoundly retarded.

by Anonymousreply 5704/20/2014

1. The USA can and has existed without the IRS.

2. Putting that point aside, just because the IRS does exist doesn't mean it can act with impunity or is above reproach.

3.Saying we should be grateful for safe food and roads, and not complain, is like saying, "Hey, we want a military, so there should be no spending controls whatsoever and everything the military does should be blindly we should be grateful it exists to keep us safe".

by Anonymousreply 5804/20/2014

No, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 5904/20/2014

There are a dozen libertarian posts on this thread that aren't mine.

Why does freedom scare you!

by Anonymousreply 6104/20/2014

r63, you are confusing yourself with freedom.

by Anonymousreply 6204/20/2014

[quote]Weapon's-grade stupidity.

I'm stealing this.

by Anonymousreply 6304/21/2014

I owe nearly $60k. I make very little money. Oh fuck.

by Anonymousreply 6404/21/2014

To whom or what do you owe $60,000?

If the IRS, then why?

If some other entity, then why?

by Anonymousreply 6504/21/2014

by Anonymousreply 6604/21/2014

Freedom doesn't scare me.

Willful stupidity scares me.

by Anonymousreply 6704/21/2014

Then why do you remain willfully stupid?

by Anonymousreply 6804/21/2014

by Anonymousreply 6904/21/2014

98% of taxes (ex SS and Medicare) are paid by the top 50% of taxpayers.

If someone is bitching about taxes, they are NOT poor since the poor get more money than they earned.

by Anonymousreply 7004/21/2014

Don't forget-

The average one income household in 1970 could support a middle class life.

The destruction of our economy by the banks and big corporations in tandem with the Federal Reserve and US Government has destroyed the middle class.

The top 0.1% get richer by using the government to pass laws and regulations that benefit them, while the bottom 99.9% pays the price.

Most millionaires got that way via hard work. Most billionaires did it by "gaming the system" and using government regulations and largesse.

by Anonymousreply 7104/21/2014

by Anonymousreply 7204/22/2014

r69, I believe it has bee tried and we moved on when we were no longer hunter gatherers and created cities.

How interesting that the divide between rural and city has been so divisive over centuries.

But, I might say, that the rural communities do enjoy their electrification projects and the like. Easy to forget that it was welfare that brought them into the light of the 20th Century.

by Anonymousreply 7304/22/2014

[quote]Then why do you remain willfully stupid?

Then show us the dozen other libertarians posting on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 7404/22/2014

I have no problem with the IRS. R1 is correct.

I've been audited and the process was quite reasonable, simple, and not at all unpleasant.

Tax laws and regulations are unduly complex, but that's entirely the fault of Congress. At the same time, it's not that difficult to have some sense of what one's tax situation is and to plan accordingly. Alarmist radio and TV ads about some poor pensioner suddenly finding that they owe many tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars are disingenuous. One has to have a very considerable income of some sort to be confronted with owing with a "surprise!" six-figure tax bill. Grannies retired from a career of working part-time on the wrapping line at the lollipop factory and don't suddenly have six-figure IRS bills. People with very substantial incomes and who get very creative or very negligent with their accounting might.

by Anonymousreply 7504/22/2014

I have been trying to survive by doing odd jobs as a Handyman. I made a little bit of money by being paid "under the table".

I was honest enough to make estimated tax payments. Well The Fucked up IRS waited for months to finally tell me I should have filed a form 1040 SE, as "you may have earned Self Employed income".

Well according to the Form I did not earn enough to have mattered, I owed nothing. My expected Refund was still what I had originally calculated.

I sent the form and a cover letter in. Still no Refund! What a fucked up bunch of assholes. Hell must be full of former IRS employees. I wish they could go a cold night without Fuel for their furnace, as I have done twice this cold, snowy Winter!

My Refund would be $446 if I got it. I don't see how a multi trillion Dollar Agency is so interested in saving the Govt. such a small sum of money compared to millions rich people get in Tax breaks.

Mr. Satan, please torment all deceased IRS sinners for all eternity. They are making life Hell for little guys like me. I want them to suffer, suffer, suffer!

by Anonymousreply 7704/23/2014

[quote]But, I might say, that the rural communities do enjoy their electrification projects and the like. Easy to forget that it was welfare that brought them into the light of the 20th Century.

Exactly! Even President Harry Truman's own mother didn't have electricity until the Rural Electrification Bill! Think about the sorry state most of America's farmers would be in without the pure Socialism of the annual Farm Bill, and price support (price fixing) for the products they grow. Oh, and without Monsanto products, and the Farm Bill, we would be squabbling over a hugely diminished yearly crop output, with massively higher prices for EVERYTHING, so let's not lose sight of that.

by Anonymousreply 7804/23/2014

Scroll at bottom of screen on WPIX-11 New York today said - IRS Employees Who Owe Taxes Getting Bonuses.

by Anonymousreply 7904/23/2014

r84, the IRS did reward delinquent employees.

by Anonymousreply 8304/23/2014

that hardly validates this thread. OP is a maroon.

by Anonymousreply 8404/23/2014

[quote]What a twat. The government is evil, and good little Nazi cunts like you deserve to be cursed and ridiculed.

Thank you for reminding us that, in addition to your numerous other problems, you have the emotionally maturity of a brain-damaged 6-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 8704/24/2014

The IRS steals from the middle class but gives money to the top 0.1%.

It is evil, corrupt and disgusting. It needs to be abolished.

by Anonymousreply 8904/28/2014

R93 thinks that government can function without revenue. Isn't that the cutest thing?

by Anonymousreply 9004/28/2014

r93 is braindead

by Anonymousreply 9104/28/2014

r93, etc, is a spamming Koch puppet. Must earn by the post.

by Anonymousreply 9304/28/2014

Worse, R97. Libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 9404/28/2014

Fuck them. They are evil!

by Anonymousreply 9605/31/2014

Does anyone love the IRS!

Anyone with a soul could never work for such an evil organization.

by Anonymousreply 9706/19/2014

Has the NSA located those "mysteriously destroyed" emails by Lies Lerman?

I hope she spends the rest of her life in a jail cell with Cuntlezzie Rice, Dick Cheney, Mr/Mrs Clinton, Lee, Kerry, Biden and Obama for their lies and war crimes.

by Anonymousreply 9806/19/2014

Shit- left out GWBush- but he should be hanged in a public square!

by Anonymousreply 9906/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!