Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Morrisey

I kind of hate him but his lyrics are beyond brilliant....

[quote] If you're so funny, then why are you on your own tonight? And if you're so clever, then why are you on your own tonight? If you're so very entertaining, then why are you on your own tonight? If you're so very good-looking, why do you sleep alone tonight? I know ... 'Cause tonight is just like any other night. That's why you're on your own tonight..... It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate, It takes strength to be gentle and kind. Over, over, over, over. Love is Natural and Real. But not for you, my love. Not tonight, my love. Love is Natural and Real. But not for such as you and I, my love. Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head.

by Anonymousreply 3406/04/2014

There's a club if you'd like to go. You could meet somebody who really loves you. So you go and you stand on your own. And you leave on your own. And you go home and you cry. And you want to die.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

His lyrics were brilliant with The Smiths but then he went solo...

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

November spawned a monster pretty much sums up the Kennedy assassination and the subsequent history of the past 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

I'm writing this to say in a gentle way Thank You - but no , I will live my life as I will undoubtedly die - alone

I'm writing this to say in a gentle way Thank you... I will live my life as I...

for whether you stay or you stray, an inbuilt guilt catches up with you and as it comes around to your place at 5 a.m. it wakes you up and laughs in your face

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

In my life, why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

r6 What difference does it Make?, The Queen is Dead, A Rush and a Push, How soon is now?, Cemetery Gates, I Know it's Over, many more, that's just off the top of my head.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me...

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

Life is very long, when you're lonely.

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

"Young married couple in debt...Ever felt had? Interesting drug - the one you took - Tell the truth - it really, really helped you" About ecstasy

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

I want to live and I want to love.

I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

The incessant Oh-why-won't-anybody-love-me? stuff is a huge turnoff.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

Why do so many Latins like him? At the LA show I'd say 95% of the audience were Latins. Very usually even for LA.

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2013

"I'm a whiner and I need to be slapped.." to the tune of How soon is Now.. for r12

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 1503/04/2013

And now I know how Joan Of Arc felt. As the flames rose,to her Roman nose,and her Walk Man started to melt.

Poor woman,bludgeoned in her very own bed as she read. But that's ok, 'cause she was old and she would've died anyway! Don't blame the sweet & tender hooligan. Because he'll never ever do it again. Well,not until the next time.

I dreamt about you last night,and I fell out of bed twice. You can pin and mount me,like a butterfly. But,take me to the heaven of your bed,was something that you never said. Two lumps please,your the bees knees...but,so am I. Reel around the fountain. Slap me on the patio. I'll take it .

by Anonymousreply 1604/17/2013

All over this town Yes, a low wind may blow And I can see through everybody's clothes With no reason To hide these words, I feel And no reason To talk about the books I read But still, I do

That's 'cause I'm a ... Sister I'm a ... All over this town

by Anonymousreply 1704/17/2013

And please stop with the Johnny Marr shit. Seriously. Morrissey has seventeen albums. Morrissey & Marr were The Smiths they have four albums.

by Anonymousreply 1804/17/2013

The have five albums including Louder than Bombs.

by Anonymousreply 1904/17/2013

The songs chosen for Perks of Being a Wallflower were perfect as was the way they used them. Arguably the 2 best - Smiths and solo.

[quote]His lyrics were brilliant with The Smiths but then he went solo...

Whilst the singles, including You're the One for Me, Fatty were not so good, Your Arsenal was a classic and may be his best album.

What you mean to say is he got too repetitive and as of late given his recent interviews, bitter and venegeful. Not a good quality for someone over 50.

The trilogy of 00s comeback albums have some great stuff scattered through them, some of his best. But otherwise it's all about 88-94 solo.

Some brave people will defend the recently reissued Kill Uncle, Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted, not without their merits but just no.

by Anonymousreply 2004/17/2013

The Smiths have 4 studio albums and so many compilations a song was written about it with the infamous "reissue/repackage" line.

I think that line in the song "Paint a Vulgar Picture" was specifically about Louder than Bombs, the American album which is a million times better than the UK version The World Won't Listen.

Hatful of Hollow is so well loved that it's almost considered a studio album. One reason was price and how cheap and good value it was at the time.

Louder than Bombs is pretty much unbeatable, but the starter/essential Smiths album I'd say was the compilation Singles. They were an albums band, but they paid great attention to singles (and their b-sides which were often better). How Soon is Now was originally a B-Side.

Morrissey now has 9 albums, with 3 released in quick succession last decade after a protracted absence.

This US compilation is pretty damn great for solo Moz, much better than what's available in the UK. There are so many compilations though you have to be careful and avoid some.

by Anonymousreply 2104/17/2013

That's beyond brilliant, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2204/17/2013

He has a huge amount of damn good songs- both singles and album tracks. At the same time, he's too full of himself in a kinda passive-aggressive way.

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2013

R18 Johnny Marr is a guest musician on 28 albums. He was for a while a member of The The (2 albums) one half of Electronic (4 albums) Two albums with The Cribs and two with Modest Mouse. Plus a soundtrack and some other one off projects.

by Anonymousreply 2404/17/2013

And in the darkened underpass I thought, my God, my chance has come at last. Then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

I cant count how many time I found myself (metaphorically) in a darkened underpass, too scared to make the next move.

I also will sometimes write the following in birthday cards to friends:

"Don't forget the songs that made you cry, and the songs that saved your life. Yes, you're older now and a clever swine, but they are the only ones who ever stood by you."

by Anonymousreply 2504/17/2013

The other day, listening to "There's a Light That Never Goes Out," I was overcome by sentimental feelings from the days I was in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 2604/17/2013

i adore him - my fave reel around the fountain:

It's time the tale were told Of how you took a child And you made him old

It's time the tale were told Of how you took a child And you made him old You made him old

Reel around the fountain Slap me on the patio I'll take it now Oh ...

Fifteen minutes with you Well, I wouldn't say no Oh, people said that you were virtually dead And they were so wrong

Fifteen minutes with you Oh, well, I wouldn't say no Oh, people said that you were easily led And they were half-right Oh, they ... oh, they were half-right, oh

It's time the tale were told Of how you took a child And you made him old It's time that the tale were told Of how you took a child And you made him old You made him old

Oh, reel around the fountain Slap me on the patio I'll take it now Ah ... oh ...

Fifteen minutes with you Oh, I wouldn't say no Oh, people see no worth in you Oh, but I do. Fifteen minutes with you Oh, I wouldn't say no Oh, people see no worth in you I do. Oh, I ... oh, I do Oh ...

I dreamt about you last night And I fell out of bed twice You can pin and mount me like a butterfly But "take me to the haven of your bed" Was something that you never said Two lumps, please You're the bee's knees But so am I

Oh, meet me at the fountain Shove me on the patio I'll take it slowly Oh ...

Fifteen minutes with you Oh, I wouldn't say no Oh, people see no worth in you Oh, but I do. Fifteen minutes with you Oh, no, I wouldn't say no Oh, people see no worth in you I do. Oh, I ... I do Oh, I do Oh, I do Oh, I do

by Anonymousreply 2704/17/2013

You're the one for me,fatty!

by Anonymousreply 2804/17/2013

They're just lock-jawed pop stars. Thicker than pig shit.Nothing to convey. So scared to show intelligence. It might smear their lovely career.

by Anonymousreply 2906/03/2014

World peace is none of your business!

by Anonymousreply 3006/04/2014

!

by Anonymousreply 3106/04/2014

Of course you `kind of hate him`. On this forum,one must first at least faintly hate the subject of a thread in order to start it.

by Anonymousreply 3206/04/2014

Source for the Cemetery Gates lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 3306/04/2014

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

by Anonymousreply 3406/04/2014
Need more help? Click Here.