Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do you think Heath Ledger was the most relatable of all actors?

His Australian upraising? His great physical beauty? Being Matilda's dad? (But it couldn't be the latter... he was intensely relatable even before she was born.)

by Anonymousreply 2511/26/2013

It's because you had your head up his ass, OP.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

But OP, don't you always lament about how you never met Heath? If that's the case, why do you think he's so relatable? Also, you are the only person who thinks that so we can't all give our reasons why it is so when we never said that.

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

Heath was an average actor. Immortalized in death.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

We barely remember him, he was a blip on the screen. I'd never seen one of his movies until Brokeback, and just a few movies later he was dead. Nothing against him, but his body of work has not made him eternal.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

I did enjoy the way he looked while naked in "I'm Not There."

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

After I saw him in Brokeback I checked out a few of his movies. I thought he was gorgeous in Four Feathers and Monster's Ball, and yeah, seeing him naked in I'm Not There was a treat. Heath was very sexy. He was seriously sexy.

But I agree, his body of work isn't all that impressive. I'm sorry he's gone, and I guess he is his generation's James Dean. I think the reason he's still missed is because people who did know him and worked with him, and were friends or had contact with him, adored him. He was so charismatic and full of life, his death was a shock to them, and it reverberates.

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

Relatable? He was aloof. Perhaps he was accessibly aloof.

OP, you should really start your own chat-based website about HL. Heath Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

It's called pathos

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

I'm only a fan of the movies, not a critic, but I really think that based on his performance in Brokeback, Ledger had great possibilities.

However, seeing the way Hollywood works these days, he may have been tossed away within a year for the newest babe.

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

I didn't like Ledger in his role as "Joker".

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

R10 is beyond creepy.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

R10 made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2013

OP, do you dust your HL shrine or does your mom do that for you?

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

Why is there a troll on this website always talking about Heath Ledger?? Really ??

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2013

Not the HL troll but curious with what R7 said about him being aloof. How was he aloof and how was it relatable you think? I feel like people use aloof As a negative term mostly...

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2013

Has the Heath Ledger Troll retired?

by Anonymousreply 1711/21/2013

Nice to see you again, HL troll.

I happen to think that he would have been one of the greats if he had lived.

He did things in BM that I've never seen done onscreen and broke my heart.

He was a superb actor and I miss him.

Too bad his last part was that awful Joker role though.

by Anonymousreply 1811/21/2013

R18, this was posted back in March.

by Anonymousreply 1911/21/2013

"Has the Heath Ledger Troll retired?"

He must have found a new obsession. My guess is he's now the Matt Bomer Troll, the one who's always going on about autism and domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 2011/22/2013

Just watched his scene in monsters ball where he shoots himself. He definitely evokes empathy from the audience which most can't.

Many other actors are technically good, but are missing that something extra that you just can't teach in school.

by Anonymousreply 2111/26/2013

People related much more to the Joker than they ever could to Heath. Don"t confuse the two.

by Anonymousreply 2211/26/2013

He's a great actor, but so fucking overrated on DL. Just because he starred in a queer film and then died.

Let it go. Again, great actor, but nor even that relatable.

by Anonymousreply 2311/26/2013

He had that certain something, something. I don't know. Perhaps it was a Je ne sais pas.

Yes, he had a luminosity, a golden tinge to the skin unseen in most other actors - except the ones with hep or cirrhosis.

by Anonymousreply 2411/26/2013

never met the guy

by Anonymousreply 2511/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.