Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Game of Thrones season 3 speculation

Here inside there be spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 5703/31/2013

Will Season 3 include both the Red Wedding and Joffrey's wedding? The showrunners, Benioff and Weiss, said they had a specific scene from "A Storm of Swords" in mind when they wanted to do the entire series, and I assume it is either the Red Wedding or what happens at Joffrey's wedding (they didn't say which).

I assume there will be national celebrations in the streets after they show what happens at Joffrey's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

I hope they save enough good stuff for season 4... Maybe they'll hold off on killing Tywin until later. Don't forget, there's Tyrion and Sansa's wedding, along with Lysa and Petyr's... Plus her unfortunate dive off the Eyrie.

I think they may include some Theon material, just to keep him in the mix, since he's absent from 2 entire books.

I could see the last couple episodes being the red wedding and Joffrey's wedding, with a cliffhanger of seeing Lady Stoneheart hanging a Frey.

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

John Snow is anally raped by Joffrey just for kicks.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

According to wikipedia, the second to last episode of season 3 is called "The Rains of Castamere," and since that song is both sung as a signal at the Red Wedding and sung several times at Joffrey's and Maergery's wedding, I assume both events will happen that episode.

the final episode of the season is called "Mhysa," which is the word for "Mother" spoken in Slaver's Bay by which Danaerys comes to be called.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

Dang, I read all five books and forgot that stuff. Not the Red Wedding or Joffery's wedding, but "The Rains of Castamere" and "Mhysa".

All I want to know is whther or not they will bring back that cute actor who assasinated people for Arya. I saw an interview with him and he said he'd love to come back. Since I've read all five books and I'm familiar with Arya's story line, he could easily come back. We need to tell someone.

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

[quote]All I want to know is whther or not they will bring back that cute actor who assasinated people for Arya. I saw an interview with him and he said he'd love to come back. Since I've read all five books and I'm familiar with Arya's story line, he could easily come back. We need to tell someone.

It would be impossible for him to come back in the next few seasons because he changed shape at the end of season 2/the second book, and he does not appear again in his original form in any of the subsequent books published so far.

We'll have to look for him in other movies and TV shows (I'm sure we will--he was excellent as an actor as well as hot).

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

They can change that. He can change his shape back to Cute Guy when she goes to that House. Remember, she has a Mentor, someone who is in charge of her. It could be him. I want to see him. I remember she was in training, and since I started reading that book after I saw him on TV, I pictured him as her Teacher type guy.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

[quote]They can change that. He can change his shape back to Cute Guy when she goes to that House. Remember, she has a Mentor, someone who is in charge of her.

That's almost certainly not him. He seems to have gone to Oldtown in Westeros instead while she's getting trained in Braavos in Essos.

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

So what, R8. They can use dramatic license. They don't have to strictly adhere to the storyline. It costs them nothing to make him be that character. It is doable. It's adamned shame to create someone as cool as his character was and then he disappears.It happens too often. I'm tired of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

Link goes to the subreddit for A Song of Ic and Fire thread about Season 3 leaks, speculation and rumours:

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

The Reddit thread spells it out well. From what we know The Red Wedding is obviously in this season as is Tyrion/Sansa's marriage. Joffrey is not getting married this season. Dany's storyline will lead to the sack of Astapor or some equivalent.

I'm curious to see what happens with Theon. This is a plot that was completely offscreen in the book that is going to be brought into the show which should be interesting to see.

Also, Kit mentioned getting nude this season. We know Jon and Ygritte will be hooking up. I really hope they don't make the same mistake with Kit Harington that they did with Richard Madden and do cheesy ass blocking to ensure he is barely shown during his sex scene even though they never shy away from female nudity. Kit himself admitted that he signed a waiver for the role saying he would do nudity.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

I feel like Jon Snow's nudity in the sex scene with Ygritte is pretty important to that particular scene because it was basically Jon stripping himself of his black clothing and "laying bare" as Jon, the man not Jon, man of the Nights Watch. His nudity in that moment was probably the ONLY non-gratuitous one in the entire series.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

Red Wedding is obviously happening this season. I'm pretty sure the Purple Wedding will happen Season Four. As indicated, the last episode will definitely have Dany's saking of Astapor and the "Dracarys moment".

I can't remember if "Arstan Whitebeard" is revealed before or after this though. I feel like the producers need to bring him in this season or else the casual viewer will forget who he originally was.

The extended trailer on Youtube shows a flash of the infamous bear scene with Jamie and Brynne which will be really exciting and is one of my favorites from Storm of Swords.

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2013

I agree with what you are saying R12 but I wouldn't say the only one at all. Dany has had some scenes where her nudity was crucial to conveying the scene (Drogo marriage, Dragon birth) and their is a big Cersei scene later where her nudity is a big part of making the scene work.

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

Erm, my guess is it will be the stupid and drawn out nonsense it always is.

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2013

[quote]As indicated, the last episode will definitely have Dany's saking of Astapor and the "Dracarys moment".

The "Dracarys" moment is well before the victory over Astapor. It will likely be the same in the show, Dany will get her Unsullied army before the end of the season unless they drastically change the structure of her plot and there is no indication given so far that has happened.

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2013

Wrong r16. You're mixing up the Sack of Astapor which happens towards the middle of Book Three and the Sack of Meereen that is towards the end of the book.

Dany makes a deal with the "Good Masters" of Astapor and exchanges Drogon for the Unsullied. But then as she's about to make the switch she yells out "dracarys" and Drogon and his siblings rain fire upon them all and she makes it out with both the Unsullied AND her dragons.

One of the best parts of the series and I hope the producers don't fuck it up like they did with the House of the Undying last season.

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2013

r5/r7/r9, while we're into magical thinking, let's also wish Princess Diana back to life!

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2013

Will there be more male nudity this season? Because I'm almost through Season 2 on my DVD collection this weekend and it's been full of naked women, but virtually no men.

by Anonymousreply 1903/03/2013

The only male nudity in the tv series thus far has been Theon's huge sausage and the assassin's grotesque little nub, both from Season One. I don't recall any male frontal nudity from Season Two.

by Anonymousreply 2003/03/2013

spoiler bump.

by Anonymousreply 2103/03/2013

Khaleesi moves to the floor above Mr. Yunioshi and throws great parties.

by Anonymousreply 2203/03/2013

Don't read this link if you don't want to know what happens this season. It's a wikipedia entry of the third book.

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2013

On the commentary for Season 2, someone said the actress who plays Daenerys usually never gets recognized in public without her white wig, but hat somehow in Dubrovnik she was swarmed with fans one afternoon, all shouting, "Khaleesi! Khaleesi!"

They must have been DLers!

by Anonymousreply 2403/03/2013

I was partially wrong R16. I kept saying Astapor when I meant Yunkai. The "Mother" scene that is the title of the last episode comes from when Dany wins her victory over Yunkai and the people all come out screaming mother in various languages.

Wrong city, but still not the Dracarys scene which happens earlier when she first gets her army.

by Anonymousreply 2503/03/2013

Is there a list of the characters / actors who have gone nude so far in the series?

Who does it the most often?

by Anonymousreply 2603/03/2013

A question: in the extended trailer for season 3, they show a large fortified castle by the sea at @:08-:09 at the link.

Is that castle supposed to be Casterly Rock? I can't remember them ever actually visiting Casterly Rock in the books yet--just talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 2703/03/2013

From the web speculation I've seen, it seems there's pretty much consensus from the GoT fandom (based on the trailers, news leaked from the actors' twitters, and the titles of the upcoming episodes) that the Red Wedding will indeed certainly happen in Season 3 (almost certainly in episode 9), and the wedding of Sansa and Tyrion (which GoT fans call "the Gold Wedding") also in Season 3. We can also expect the plotting with the Tyrells (involving Sansa); Stannis's agonizing over Melisandre's request for a sacrifice (which fans are speculating will be regarding sacrificing his own daughter Shireen--!!!-- rather than Edric Storm, as in the book); Arya and the Hound traveling through Westeros; and the taking of Astapor (and probably also the taking of Yunkai in the last episode).

The centerpiece of Season 4 should be Joffrey's and Maergery's wedding, the so-called "Purple Wedding," which will probably take place in the first or second episode of that season. The rest of that season will be the fallout from the Purple Wedding, including: the trial; the imprisonments of members of the royal family; Sansa's flight from King's Landing to the Eyrie; and Lysa and Sansa at the Moon Door.

by Anonymousreply 2803/03/2013

Do you think we will see more of Theon Greyjoy naked like in the link?

by Anonymousreply 2903/03/2013

R27 I think its supposed to be Dragonstone, Stannis' fortress. It looks like Davos in the rowing boat.

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2013

Here is Alfie Allen naked in Equus

by Anonymousreply 3103/03/2013

They're running out of books, aren't they? Some stretching of the material may be requisite, unless Martin finally pulls his act together. And what if he shuffles off this mortal coil?

by Anonymousreply 3203/03/2013

Alfie Allen has a great cock and a nice body, but his face sure is fugly.

by Anonymousreply 3303/03/2013

They will still have around a third of Storm of Swords and A Feast For Crows/Dance with Dragons. Enough material for three more seasons probably.

It is a real concern though that the show will catch up with the books however if Martin continues to be slow about finishing them. If that happens they will have to figure it out once they get there.

by Anonymousreply 3403/03/2013

I can't see how they will catch up with Martin. He's still got just books 7 and 8 to go, and I assume books 3, 4, 5 and probably 6 will each be split into two seasons each.

That means at least 7, more likely 8, seasons until they catch up to him. If he can't finish both books in 8 years he's a sluggard.

My bigger concern is that many of the major characters will want to leave by then, and also that the children (esp. Arya and her little brothers and Tommen and Myrcella) will all be adults by then.

by Anonymousreply 3503/03/2013

There is no way Feast for Crows/Dance With Dragons will be four seasons. There isn't enough plot to do that and the books take place at the same time. And you have the show running for an unrealistic number of seasons that way also R35.

A Storm of Swords actually has a ton that happens in it plotwise, it makes sense to spread it out.

The simple truth is if the show is going to be successful and finish Martin needs to finish the series with these next two books in a timely manner. Hopefully he can do that, AFFC/DWD were unexpected because he didn't do the 5 year jump he planned. Hopefully he is back on track and knows how to finish.

by Anonymousreply 3603/03/2013

If I remember correctly, when it was announced that the 3rd book A Storm of Swords was being split into Seasons 3 and 4 of the show, it was also announced that Books 4 and 5 would be combined into Season 5.

by Anonymousreply 3703/03/2013

The Game of Thrones tv series will not go all the way through to the end of the book series. It's impossible in the fact that the child actors will be in their 20s by the time Martin finishes the series.

by Anonymousreply 3803/03/2013

Martin originally wanted Storm of Swords to be two books but the publishers wouldn't allow it. So it would make sense that they would split it into two seasons for the show.

Feast of Crows and Dance of Dragons was originally going to be one book but Martin saw that it was becoming a massive tome so he had to cut it into the two books.

by Anonymousreply 3903/03/2013

It looks like from the extended trailer that Richard Madden does get naked this season. If you heard of the show Sirens, you know he is not afraid of nudity. Why the show did what they did in season 2 with his scene is a mystery. Kit Harington did break his ankle right before the season started, so I am not sure how much of him will be seen. I would expect to see more female nakedness and not nearly enough male...seems to be the standard for the show.

I do wonder about the long term future of the show. What will happen after they cover Book 5 and Book 6 isn't out? How will they handle it when actor contracts expire?

I wouldn't be surprised to see GoT off the air before the books wrap up. I hope the show does get an opportunity to wrap things up, even if Martin does not have the end written and their ending is different.

by Anonymousreply 4003/03/2013

I can tell you that book four is IMO an incoherent mess. To be polite about it, it shows all the kingdoms devolving into chaos each in it's own way, and a whole lot of new people introduced.

I agree there isn't enough plot even with all that going on. They could go to a 13 episode season and combine the highlights of 4&5. I honestly think the HBO series will not go beyond five seasons.

Martin needs to be writing. I wonder if he will just write for the series and then publish book 7 after the fact. It will probably be Book 7 in two parts.

by Anonymousreply 4103/03/2013

I actually liked Book IV quite a bit--it was my favorite in the series.

by Anonymousreply 4203/04/2013

My understanding is that after Book III they're going to film scenes from the remaining books broken up and not in the order Martin imposed on them--the events in Books IV and V happen simultaneously anyway, so there's no sense in separating them out.

Also, in some cases so little happens with the characters (particularly Dany in Book V, who spends the whole time worrying about her dragons) that they'll hugely condense some of the books.

Apparently Martin has sketched out for HBO the events of the Books VI and VII already so they can film the entirety of the books even before he writes them (which is especially important given that he may pop off before he finishes them--he's neither young nor is he in great health given his weight).

by Anonymousreply 4303/04/2013

I've actually seen an interview with Mr. Martin where he emphatically states that whatever they decide to do in the TV series will have no bearing on how he writes the books. Martin stated that he doesn't care if aliens from outer space invade Westeros as long as he gets paid. I personally like that attitude.

Fortunately, Benioff and Weiss are huge true fans of the books and their intent is to give as faithful an adaptation as they can, at least with the main plot points, and HBO has been excellent in not interfering in that regards. Benioff and Weiss came to Martin to write at least one episode per season, which was very thoughtful. Martin's quite fond of those guys so it's no surprise that he would confide in them a basic outline for Books (Seasons) 6 and 7 (and maybe 8) if he falls behind in the writing of the books or leaves this mortal coil.

Btw, I know Benioff, the hot tall drink of water that he is, is straight and married to actress Amanda Peet but what's the story of Weiss? I think he's a little hottie.

by Anonymousreply 4403/04/2013

Yes they are dedicated to a faithful adaptation but that doesn't mean they can't sort of alter aspects of events in Book 5. I mean if you read Book 5, you might assume that something bad happened when, in facttheNBO version will show us that it didn't. Yes it was a bad thing, but not a final bad thing. Ya know?I want Book 6 to be wonderful and it can't be wonderful unless a small detail from 5 is fixed.

by Anonymousreply 4503/04/2013

I'll be honest. In Book Five the author allows something to happen to someone important. I am not convinced that it was a "final" something. I hope it isn't. If it ends up being the elimination of a character, I will be pissed off because it was not well written, and didn't have the level of authenticity his other important events had. When it happened I just said, "Oh, please." I mean it was so transparent. It was a ploy done for it's shock value. Gratuitous. Just plain dumb.

by Anonymousreply 4603/05/2013

Benioff was stunningly gorgeous in his 20s but like many Jewish men he's enormously losing his looks as he ages.

by Anonymousreply 4703/05/2013

You might as well say which character, r46: the OP specified spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 4803/05/2013

I respectfully disagree r44. Benioff is still quite the attractive man.

by Anonymousreply 4903/05/2013

You just posted the most horrible picture of him imaginable, r49.

by Anonymousreply 5003/05/2013

I really miss Renley.

by Anonymousreply 5103/05/2013

R48, I'm talking about Jon Snow. In Book 4 & 5 Jon performs brilliantly and saves the day. He has to juggle the Night Watch, Stannis Baratheon and his army, and the Wildings attacking, and all sorts of shit, and he succeeds.

He's brilliant, but there are still enormous threats and it's by no means over as we worked thru Book 5. He wins some major victories but there will be counterattacks and other threats, and he has to do some things with each group that the others are not comfortable with, even tho most everyone sees him as having leadership qualities.

So the way Book 5 ends it leaves me at least up in the air when someone "tries to" kill him. It seemed like it was not a well thought out passage in the barrative, and simply a gratuitous cliffhanger. I was pissed. Depending on how it's handled I may have to abandon the damned show.

I mean, when they got rid of Ned Stark, in Book One, it had a sort of Shakespearean tragedy quality. You knew that because of Ned's personality, and his complete misreading of the treacherous people he was dealing with, he would eventually end up dead.

But with Jon, the how & who & why all seemed completely incongruous. It just doesn't work well for the storyline to kill him off. Jon, Dani, Jamie, Tryrion, and Arya just need to be part of the narrative. Theon is a huge surprise to me, but it works.

by Anonymousreply 5203/05/2013

Last season seemed to emphasize and fastforward the Theon storyline. How in hell are they going to handle the whole Reek thing?

by Anonymousreply 5303/09/2013

r53, they've said they're going to have Theon Greyjoy in Season 3 somewhat so we don't forget about him.

by Anonymousreply 5403/09/2013

If they do the Red Wedding this season then I really hope that the last shot exactly matches the last page of the book - Lady Stoneheart!

by Anonymousreply 5503/10/2013

I think it's going to be hard to make the stuff that happens in Book 4 into a coherent season.Obviously as the wars wage on, and people die, there is chaos and all kinds of characters emerge, but many of them aren't important. I suspect Benioff will have to just take the main characters and follow their story.

by Anonymousreply 5603/11/2013

Get ready, bitches. Winter is coming. In exactly 20 minutes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5703/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.