Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CNN wants to be the True Crime network

That's my guess, from the way they're pushing this Jodi Arias thing. The new guy must think it's a ratings winner.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

I noticed this unpleasant, unwelcome development as well.

So far Jeff Zucker's brilliant moves have flop written all over them (endless Jodi Arias coverage, Chris Cuomo's lifeless personality on live tv, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

I disagree. Their round-the-clock coverage of the cruise ship debacle gave them a ratings boost. They actually inched closer to MSNBC in February.

As much as we hope the populace would seek "serious" news, the truth is, most people prefer trash, hence the popularity of reality shows. For those who don't want their daily dose of politics on MSNBC or Fox, they have CNN. If that's the direction Zucker wants to go to, then it will serve that segment of our "news" watchers.

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

[quote]most people prefer trash

I don't buy this. Yes, a lot of people prefer trash, but there's at least as many people again who have given up on CNN completely and are getting their news from NPR, or from their local stations or the regional cable news stations, or that simply don't follow the news anymore. Why not chase those people and draw in a new audience, instead of going for the lowest common denominator crowd?

Ratings boosts are like sugar boosts - you can't rely on them for the long term. But if you put out a good product, people will find it.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

Meanwhile, the Isralies kill another 100 Palestinians trying to grow some olive trees and nobody in America gives a damn.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

Doesn't Jodi look like a less attractive Angela from Bones?

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

I can't stand to look at the crazy, ugly bitch.

No way she gets off!

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

The trial is on all day on their sister networks HLN and Trutv. They have talk shows on it that discuss it at night too.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!