Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A 40-year-old tried to talk to me tonight

LOL! At least I give them credit for still trying.

by Anonymousreply 9707/14/2013

Why didn't you at least do a charity fuck? You stingy queenling.

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

How dare he come within 10 feet of you! Silly twink. You'll be 40 sooner than you know.

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

40? Really? Are you serious or are you just trying to shock OP?

by Anonymousreply 303/02/2013

Op is Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 403/02/2013

Oh Zsa Zsa, he was checking your pulse.

by Anonymousreply 503/02/2013

I bet he spoke in real English, rather than in your ungrammatical crap.

by Anonymousreply 603/02/2013

Did he hiss at you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 703/02/2013

Karma's a bitch. One day you'll be 40. Or you won't. Either way, karma wins.

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2013

how old are you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2013

Maybe OP is 40 or older.

by Anonymousreply 1003/02/2013

He was just trying to tell you that you were giving off a shit odor from a couple feet away.

by Anonymousreply 1103/02/2013

R9 I am 68

by Anonymousreply 1203/02/2013

Giving you his dinner order is hardly talking to you.

by Anonymousreply 1303/02/2013

Listen OP EVERYONE AGES!!

We are all aging at the same rate.

YOU are getting older by the minute and a new crop of handsome young men are coming down the road even as I type.

Have some respect for your elders young man because you will want to be treated with some respect and kindness when you are forty!

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013

oh em gee!

i can't believe he totally just won't go die somewhere!

how dare he step foot outside!

by Anonymousreply 1503/02/2013

OP That was your father telling you to get a job and get out of his basement

by Anonymousreply 1603/02/2013

I'm sure he was only talking to you because he felt sorry for you. Charity, you know!

by Anonymousreply 1703/02/2013

OP... 38-years YOUNG!

by Anonymousreply 1803/02/2013

"Here's my tag. Please bring my car around, it's the silver SL63."

by Anonymousreply 1903/02/2013

Did he hiss at you later?

by Anonymousreply 2003/02/2013

He was trying to let you know you had toilet paper stuck to your heel.

by Anonymousreply 2203/02/2013

Aw, OP. Just know that he was likely attracted to you for your looks and not your brains and charming personality. Sadly, those looks will sink to the level of your maturity.

by Anonymousreply 2303/02/2013

Reminds me of this guy who lived in my apt. building in West Hollywood. He was a kept boy and wore short shorts and knee socks, drove a lemon-yellow corvette and his "keeper" was a TV actor. He eventually talked the actor into getting him one of the first condos in Century City. She was a little bitch. Nobody liked her, except her actor boyfriend. You kind of remind me of her.

by Anonymousreply 2403/02/2013

The thread title is insulting.

by Anonymousreply 2503/02/2013

Why so hard on the OP? The guy was 40. I'd be a little taken back too.

by Anonymousreply 2603/02/2013

Can someone tell me what the hell is wrong with 40?!

by Anonymousreply 2703/02/2013

OP, he was just trying to be polite. I know you aren't used to that with your other $50 tricks.

by Anonymousreply 2803/02/2013

Nothing is wrong with it R27. But the OP is obviously young and I'm sure it was a shock to get hit on by the guy. I turned 20 in January and I know I'd be taken back a bit. The age difference is just too much. My parents are in their 40's.

by Anonymousreply 2903/02/2013

[quote]Why so hard on the OP? The guy was 40. I'd be a little taken back too.

Here, here.

by Anonymousreply 3003/02/2013

Oh yes it's terribly shocking to realize there are men who are 40 who like younger men. Does nobody get out much -- or read?

by Anonymousreply 3103/02/2013

I think I understand OP.

When I was in my 20s I never would even look at anyone over 30.

As I aged my tastes sort of aged along with me.

by Anonymousreply 3203/02/2013

OP is obviously trolling.

by Anonymousreply 3303/02/2013

When I was seventeen I turned guys of every age and description for money. I really enjoyed it. I was actually into the sex(although letting on would've been VERY bad for business). I also worked at least one full time job as well. Got to see a lot of places I wouldn't have otherwise. Japan ,The Vineyard , NYC,Montreal, New Hope,Florida ,etc.(all before I was twenty-four). I feel like I would've been blowing those guys anyway,so it really worked out well for me! HA! The OP's trolling. Or else she's on the computer in the common room of his halfway house! HA!

by Anonymousreply 3403/03/2013

This is delicious trolling... I love how the fat bosoms of the decrepit DL cognoscenti began heaving almost immediately.

by Anonymousreply 3503/03/2013

I'm 25 and always go after older guys, I just think they are more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 3603/03/2013

Sunday morning LOL @ R35.

by Anonymousreply 3703/03/2013

Meanwhile, you're posting this at 10.20pm on a Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 3803/03/2013

I'm 41 and on a few dating sites. Hardly any guy under 40 will hit me up or respond. The guys my age or slightly older ignore me because they want the twinks. And, no, I don't look like a troll, either. OP may be trolling, but we all know there's truth in what he says.

by Anonymousreply 3903/03/2013

[quote]Meanwhile, you're posting this at 10.20pm on a Saturday night.

There is such a thing as a smartphone, gramps.

Sent from my iPhone

by Anonymousreply 4003/03/2013

[quote]Here, here.

Oh, dere, dere.

by Anonymousreply 4103/03/2013

r41, too funny.

by Anonymousreply 4203/03/2013

Wow, this is one of the cuntiest threads I've ever read on Datalounge - and I've read a lot of cunty threads.

That said, it's totally justified, due to the op's blissfully ignorant post.

Let me just say... I've been a regular poster here from about 1997. That's about 15 or 16 years.

That also means that some rotten twink who thought he was just the fucking END ALL, BE ALL, IT QUEEN when he was 18, when I first started posting here --- is now 33 or 34.

Or in other words, 6 years shy of 40.

Time flies, motherfuckers. And it will catch up with all of you. And before you know it, your fresh faced, perky, 18 year old face and ass, will be a sagging, used up, dried up, begging for attention 40 year old ass.

And you'll eventually see what an asshole you are.

by Anonymousreply 4303/03/2013

Um, OP, I was only trying to talk to you to tell you your shoe was untied.

by Anonymousreply 4403/03/2013

40 years old. That guy was born the first year my partner and I started living together. Sweet to think he's been alive during all our years together and that OP was born 17, 20, 23 years ago, however many. He could be our child. But, fortunately, he is not, good for all concerned. He wouldn't want two old fags as fathers and we wouldn't want a self-involved piece of shit who'd treat people like that as a son.

by Anonymousreply 4503/03/2013

Yes, and then the DLers over thirty who wouldn't dream of looking at a guy over twenty-five are on the other threads moaning about how they'll never find love. Try someone your own age who you actually have something in common with instead of going for the trophy piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 4603/03/2013

R46 - I'd love a guy my age.

by Anonymousreply 4703/03/2013

I've also noticed that "no fats, no fems, no oldies" has become a regular meme on Craigslist.

And these people are searching for love on a gay message board, no less.

Oh, the irony. But they're probably too stupid to even realize how stupid they are.

by Anonymousreply 4903/03/2013

OP, I would give anyone credit for being so philanthropic as to TRY to talk to you.

by Anonymousreply 5003/03/2013

Definitely there is nothing new under the sun.

I heard the same exact comment on an European train made by an American girl back in the 80s.You Americans are as predictable as fish.

by Anonymousreply 5103/03/2013

I beg your pardon, fish are not predictable!

by Anonymousreply 5203/03/2013

OP is 37 but looks 29, everyone tells him so! When I was 21 I met this 42 year old guy at a bar, he was hot has hell built like a brick shit house hung like a mule and introduced met to getting rimmed by a pro. I dated him for 7 months till he had to move to NYC. Older guys are stable, usually have good income and have figure out what they want sexually and how to make you cum...

by Anonymousreply 5303/03/2013

Too bad he didn't introduce you to spelling, R53.

by Anonymousreply 5403/03/2013

He fucked him illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 5503/03/2013

What's wrong with "no fems, no fats, no oldies"? No one is saying such people should be rounded up into cattle cars and shipped off to the ovens. You can't make yourself be attracted to someone if you're not.

by Anonymousreply 5603/03/2013

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 5703/03/2013

R43 was trolled, and trolled hard... OP managed to squeeze several enraged paragraphs from his thighs.

by Anonymousreply 5803/03/2013

Wrong, R58.

Trolling or not, R58 brought up a REAL issue. Most 18-25 year olds think they are invincible, and ageless, and perfect, and that they will never age, and that they will always be desired and desireable.

I'm here to remind them that they will have a rude awakening.

It's called life. And they too will have to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 5903/03/2013

OP is tig notaro

by Anonymousreply 6003/03/2013

R58 is correct. You fell hook, line, and sinker, R43/R59.

by Anonymousreply 6103/03/2013

[quote]Most 18-25 year olds think they are invincible, and ageless, and perfect, and that they will never age, and that they will always be desired and desireable.

I certainly did. Damn, I was handsome. I wasn't ever going to get old--it just wasn't going to happen to me. I literally remember thinking that. (I also thought I was incredibly smart, another lunatic thought.)

by Anonymousreply 6203/03/2013

I remember once I was at the Pharr Road Library bar in Atlanta. I was in my early 20s.

This guy started talking to me. As we talked, I discovered that he was 30.

I didn't say anything, but I was thinking: "30? Why are you still hanging out at a bar? That's so sad."

It makes me laugh now to think about that because I am now well past 30.

by Anonymousreply 6303/03/2013

The 40-year-old plainly had very bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 6403/03/2013

R60 is smart and knows the quickest way to get a thread deleted! If you say its name three times....

by Anonymousreply 6503/03/2013

R65, isn't it bizarre that Tig Notaro manages to get any thread with her name, deleted? She actually starts threads and when we don't bite and say nice things, she gets her law firm to have them deleted. Lavely and Singer has that kind of pull. It's astounding how she manages to get away with this. She now is making mad money off cancers that were cured in less than two months. She says it was all improvised and she just blurted it out to the audience. But the West Hollywood Patch told its readers to go that night because she would finally "break out and be a big star." What a piece of work!

by Anonymousreply 6603/03/2013

tig tig tig

by Anonymousreply 6703/03/2013

Seriously R65, all you have to do is say that name 3 x and any thread will be deleted?

by Anonymousreply 6803/03/2013

Too bad nobody's started a Hot Older Men thread.

by Anonymousreply 6903/03/2013

Is it like Beetlejuice?

by Anonymousreply 7003/03/2013

You mean as a parody thread, R69?

by Anonymousreply 7103/03/2013

r68, try it and you will see. Notaro is desperate to make it and sees datalounge negativity as a major threat to her ambitions. Just mention her and the threads will go poof.

by Anonymousreply 7203/03/2013

r63 I am deeply ashamed of this now, but as a young whipper snapper (19), a 22 year old college classmate was flirting with me and I was definitely skeeved out at the thought of getting together with someone who would be graduating college soon. I long to be 22 again now!

by Anonymousreply 7303/03/2013

Does this bizarre obsession with age and hissing actually exist for anyone in real life?

I'm 62. I have friends straight and gay who range in age from 20 to 75. For example, last night I had a couple of drinks and dinner with a perspective boyfriend, age 64, and one of his former athletes, age 30-something. Three times a week I row with 60 other guys ages 20 to 80, presumably either gay or straight; we don't care as long as they can row.

While I was in my 20s I had friends, gay and straight, who were in their 20s, 40s, 50s and 60s. My oldest friend, David McCord, was a poet, then age 80. Each and everyone added depth to my life.

I feel truly sorry for anyone whose life might be hobbled by prejudices about age. I cannot see how encouraging such a prejudice enriches anyone's life.

by Anonymousreply 7403/03/2013

[quote]Does this bizarre obsession with age and hissing actually exist for anyone in real life?

Of course not. Are you new here? The DL has it's share of trolls who just want to rile people up and get a response.

The truth is, in day to day life, young people and older people live different lifestyles and seldom cross paths.

by Anonymousreply 7503/03/2013

Was he deaf?

The deaf often can't talk.

You're a pill OP. Your day will come.

by Anonymousreply 7603/03/2013

I agree with r74. It's a DL specialty to obsess over age and snark at each other over it. In real life, I don't know anyone who talks like that.

by Anonymousreply 7703/03/2013

[quote]I am deeply ashamed of this now, but as a young whipper snapper (19), a 22 year old college classmate was flirting with me and I was definitely skeeved out at the thought of getting together with someone who would be graduating college soon. I long to be 22 again now!

I am completely confused. As a 19 year old a 22 year old started flirting? How is this possible? He flirted for three years? And if he was a classmate, why was he the only one who'd be graduating from college soon? Wouldn't you graduate simultaneously?

And what college was this that did not require proper grammar?

by Anonymousreply 7803/03/2013

happens with me all the time. i walk into a gym sauna and 20 something picks his towel from his ankles and walks out...nose in the air. i leave after sometime and he walks in right after. i am not ugly or prude...just a decade older. hurts at first but now i find it amusing

by Anonymousreply 7903/03/2013

R66, it is really bizarre. I heard that Tig Notaro is batshit and obsessed with not being insulted on the internet. With thin skin like that... Why the webmaster would cave to her wishes is a mystery. Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 8003/03/2013

I give credit for you OP even though you are over 12 and over in my book.

by Anonymousreply 8103/03/2013

R74, It's not prejudice. It's just uncomfortable for a 20 year old guy to be hit on by a 40 year old man. That's different than just hanging with friends of all ages.

by Anonymousreply 8203/03/2013

[quote]It's just uncomfortable for a 20 year old guy to be hit on by a 40 year old man. That's different than just hanging with friends of all ages.

It's uncomfortable for anyone to be hit on by someone he or she doesn't find attractive. Forcing yourself on someone else is bad form regardless of any age difference or lack there of. It's bad manners. Period.

Age really has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 8303/03/2013

[bold]A 40-year-old tried to talk to me tonight[/bold]

[quote]LOL! At least I give [italic]them[/italic] credit for still trying.

Was it one 40-year-old, OP, or more than one?

by Anonymousreply 8403/03/2013

r12, Tom is that you!?

by Anonymousreply 8503/03/2013

R83, Age does have something to do with it. I would not feel comfortable with someone my parents age hitting on me. That's all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 8603/03/2013

OP, what do you mean a 40 year old "tried" to talk to you? Was he suffering from a stroke or some sort of speech impediment? If you are referring to a situation where you were rude or aloof or dismissive to him, then you are a cunt who will have such a karmic payback. Did your mother not teach you manners? That being polite to people is the rule? If this is not a troll post, then you sound like a truly awful person.

by Anonymousreply 8703/03/2013

Your assumption that someone your parent's age is going to be interested in hitting on you may not be based in realty, R82.

Good luck with that prejudicial assumption.

by Anonymousreply 8803/03/2013

OP's most exquisite touch is the emasculating genderless "them."

by Anonymousreply 8903/03/2013

The weekend I turned 40, I was hit on at a bar in Chicago by a 28-year old who wondered admiringly what it was like to be me.

by Anonymousreply 9003/03/2013

For some people, the age discrepancy matters, for others it doesn't. My first partner, whom I met when I was 22, was 35--and that age difference ultimately mattered, as he had more life experience and a few more long term relationships under his belt and it was my first (with a man): we broke up, then three years later got together again, and then broke up two years later (and then he died--true, but I also couldn't resist the DL favorite line). Age was not the only problem in the relationship, but the difference was more significant than I would have thought it would be (I remember when he told me he was 35, I didn't believe him at first, as that sounded so old). My current relationship, which is coming up on 18 years in October, has a 19 year difference--I was 38 when we met, he was 57. Even though it's a larger span, the difference mattered less, as we were both settled in careers, had experienced some major life events (deaths of parents, etc.). In both cases, the intellect and the personality were what attracted me to him (and I assume him to me, as I was never a twink in terms of looks)--and those have remained. But I understand those who prefer to couple with people in their own age range--I just don't think they need to be outraged when an older man (politely) shows interest, particularly if the younger nicely thanks him for the interest and simply says no thank you. There are younger men who prefer older men (and not simply for "daddy" reasons--neither of my older partners have played that role in our relationships), and it need not be pathological or creepy in either direction. But it is also incumbent upon older men not to be skeezy when approaching a younger man (or any man, it seems to me), to accept a rejection with good grace, and to consider whether he is being realistic about where he is most likely to find someone who would welcome his advances. I do think too many older men unrealistically assume that a large number of younger men will be interested in them, and consign themselves to unhappy middle- and old-ages. The heart wants what it wants, but it is also possible to open oneself up to more possibilities than the culture might guide us to.

by Anonymousreply 9103/04/2013

I am often entertained by people saying "age is only a number," then providing the specific numbers between which they consider someone date-worthy. Usually they do not themselves meet those qualifications.

by Anonymousreply 9203/04/2013

Men aren't worth a damn before age 40. Can't find their asses with both hands. Fuck everything up and think nothing is their fault. Younger guys should be appreciative that older men find them attractive. It won't last. Soon enough, they will BE those older men and wonder why there aren't any more guys they can reject! Honey, you are only the belle of the ball for a hot ten minutes. Be nice.

by Anonymousreply 9303/04/2013

I saw this on Memphis Craigslist and thought of DL:

Saw you in locker room meat gazing. Stop. - m4m - 100 (locker room) Hey you! Yeah you, the one lingering while I change. The one picking the shower right next to mine. The one who has to wander around the locker room with your old balls dangling down to your knees for way too long. The eye contact I'm avoiding? The way I am not very polite? I'm trying to tell you I AM NOT INTERESTED. Maybe I'm married, maybe I'm straight, maybe you are kinda gross and old, but no matter the reason, I'm not interested. Please kindly move on. Try Tami's, the casual encounters section, or one of the many dating and casual hookup websites and apps. There are plenty of guys looking for a daddy to help them release. Go to where they are. Please. Location: locker room

by Anonymousreply 9403/07/2013

[quote] A 40-year-old tried to talk to me tonight

Oh, the humanity!

Or should I say... OH NOES!!!

by Anonymousreply 9503/07/2013

Maybe if you didn't look three times older than you are, this wouldn't have happened.

by Anonymousreply 9603/07/2013

40-year-olds are gross.

by Anonymousreply 9707/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.