Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are your parents good-looking?

I just noticed that my father is really good-looking (yes just right now) and I didn't inherit any of his looks.

by Anonymousreply 3303/03/2013

My folks were the Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh of our neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

My mother was and is still very nice looking. I guess my dad was back then, but now just looks old. Older than his birthday. Like colonel sanders old.

by Anonymousreply 303/02/2013

My daddy's rich and my momma's good looking.

by Anonymousreply 403/02/2013

My daddy is rich, a nd my momma is good-lookin'

by Anonymousreply 503/02/2013

My mother resembled Botticelli's Venus.

My father looked like Rod Stewart after a month long bender.

Guess which one I took after?

by Anonymousreply 603/02/2013

My mom was very pretty like movie star pretty but gained a lot of weight as soon as she had us kids and never lost it.

My father looked just like Keith Prentice from The Boys In The Band. My mom's friends were all in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 703/02/2013

my daddy was hung like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2013

My dad was good looking when he was younger. So was my mom. Now they both need Lifestyle Lifts.

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2013

R7 here I have to say that my parents are now in their 70s and funny enough Mom lost weight recently and looks pretty good.

Dad unfortunately being the straight man that he is didn't really take care of himself and now looks like all of his 75 years.

by Anonymousreply 1003/02/2013

When I was a kid and living with them and seeing them every day, that thought never crossed my mind. A couple of years ago, I came across a photo of my parents right after I was born and I was stunned by how good looking they both were: my father looked like a slightly better version of George Clooney and my mother had a certain resemblance to the pre-booze and pills Elizabeth Taylor. In spite of me benefitting from their good genes, they were shallow people who sought someone who would look as good they did and ended up in a very bad marriage that provided me with a highly dysfunctional childhood.

by Anonymousreply 1103/02/2013

Yeah, they were. Dad's gone, but Mom's still here.

They were a great looking couple.

I think if I got to the gym and lost a few and got regular sleep I'd be much better looking.

by Anonymousreply 1203/02/2013

Sadly both my parents were ugly, and the apple does not fall far from the tree. I still curse my mother for not marrying a better looking man.

by Anonymousreply 1303/02/2013

My Dad looked like a cross between John Hamm and David Schwimmer. My mom looked liked a cross between Lucille Ball and Bette Davis.

I turned out looking like a dark Lucille Ball.

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013

I don't know, I can't be objective about them.

by Anonymousreply 1503/02/2013

My parents were both very attractive. Unfortunately, I resemble my aunt,who is short and homely.

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2013

My mother was quite good looking until she started having kids and it was downhill from there with the weight gain. My father was ugly, with a tard face and ugly feet too small for a man. My mother had flat feet and unfortunately I inherited both bad genes for feet. I would have liked to have had parents who were not neurotic as both of them were. I think if I had had a really handsome and sane father I would have seduced him with me on top by the time I was about 15. I would have been the one doing the spanking.

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2013

Madre was a South Texas Chiquita, Dad just died :(

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2013

Genetics can be such a bitch.

I'm friends with a guy who's 1 of 4 brothers and they're all hot as hell. Blonde, Ken-Doll Gods. (Think Ken Ryker)

They have two sisters who are both dog ugly. You wouldn't even notice them on the street.

Apparently their parent's gene combo only works for boys.

Sort of like Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.

by Anonymousreply 1903/03/2013

Both my parents were attractive. Well, it doesn't always work.

by Anonymousreply 2003/03/2013

Both my parents were gorgeous in their youth.

I don't know what happened with me.

by Anonymousreply 2103/03/2013

I see kids like you everyday, OP and think to myself what a crap shoot life really is.

by Anonymousreply 2203/03/2013

I had a friend who, upon seeing a grotesque creature, usually very overweight but not necessarily, would say, "can you believe that that person was once a cooing infant?" I never really gave it much thought but now whenever I see ugly people I have to chuckle when his comment comes to mind. He also wondered about going through life as a short, fat, homely person with a sex drive like Casanova--who the hell would want you? Not just getting homely with age, but being plug ugly ALL your life. I can't imagine it. You'd have to pay for sex that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 2403/03/2013

Mom was pretty when she was young and when she was older. I have no earthly idea what she saw in my rat faced father, but she loved him right up till the day she died.

The last words I ever heard her speak was "I love you" and they were said to the lying, cheating, abusive, sadistic alcoholic she called a husband.

by Anonymousreply 2503/03/2013

Both my parents are good looking people. My mom looks a lot like Elizabeth Montgomery from Bewitched. That kind of makes sense because she was like 2nd cousins with her.

by Anonymousreply 2603/03/2013

Mine too, R8. He was always free-balling, with his big hog flopping back and forth. Mom was gorgeous, but a childish cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2703/03/2013

My mom was a pretty girl when she was young, and had a gorgeous figure. There are photos of her at the beach and she truly looks like one of the pin-up girls. She also has always looked younger than her age. Now in her late 70s, still no gray hair. (She got that from her father.)

My dad was never handsome, but wouldn't say he is ugly. He's just plain. He does very little to improve his appearance, and for some odd reason, he's sensitive about his baldness, but he can't tell that the comb-over makes him look ridiculous. I told him it was time to let it go and that the shiny shaved head was in vogue, but he dismissed that idea.

When I was in my 20's I was often referred to as "cute." I did inherit my mother's youth genes, and I'm glad to say that now in my 40s, I still get my share of attention. But I work at staying fit and healthy. I know so many men who after 40 just let it all go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 2803/03/2013

My mother was pretty when she was younger and "cute" up to the time she died (way too young).

My dad, on the other hand, was movie star good looking. He is in his 70s now and still keeps himself up and looks younger than his years. When I was growing up, he sometimes embarrassed me as he was always shirtless around the house, even if we had company. He was a bit if a show off. Now I think it's kind of cool I had a hunky dad since most of my friends had fat old dads.

A few years ago I found an old black and white pic of my dad. He was probably in his 20s, shirtless in the backyard, wearing a pair of low slung khakis, clearly going commando. He looks like one of those hairless Abercrombie & Fitch models. I have it in a frame in my house. Everyone, but especially the gays, always stops to stare at the photo.

by Anonymousreply 2903/03/2013

Yes. My mom was a spitting image of Audrey Hepburn. She aged very well too. My dad was the blond, blue-eyed WASP type. The really were both stunning. There are six kids in my family. All of my brothers and sisters could be on the cover of magazines as well. They are gorgeous. All are probably even better looking than my parents were.

Me? Yeah you guessed it. Somehow I got overlooked in the good looks department.

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2013

My mother looked a lot like E. Taylor, except she had green eyes. She was stunning.

My father was cute - a boy next door type. Not drop dead handsome, but cute. He had a good body. He was exceptionally smart.

by Anonymousreply 3103/03/2013

Everyone comments how handsome or good-looking my father is and some of them even dare to comment how ugly my mother is (which is true).

I did not inherit good looks or attractiveness, unfortunately. A lot of it is personality, actually; if you can come across or vibe hot or attractive.

by Anonymousreply 3203/03/2013

My father is fairly good-looking and would have been even better-looking if he'd had braces when he was young. My mother is large, lumpy, jowly, frizzy-haired, etc. A great person, but not even remotely attractive.

by Anonymousreply 3303/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!