Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Was Joseph Stalin Jewish?

JewWatch says he was Jewish, but that is an anti-semitic website.

They say his 3 wives were Jewish and that Stalin's original last name was Djugashvili -"Djuga" means Jew and "shvili" means son of. I don't know Russian, is this true?

by Anonymousreply 5603/03/2013

No. Stalin was born Eastern Orthdox but was an atheist.

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

No, Mr. J̌uḡašvili was not Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

Stalin only had 2 wives. He actually went to a seminary to be a priest but quit shortly before he was to finish.

by Anonymousreply 403/02/2013

R3 those are rumors. There is no proof that Hitler or his relatives were Jews. But he was gay. Read the book "The Hidden Hitler"

by Anonymousreply 503/02/2013

OP, Stalin was Georgian, not Russian, do you know the difference? I think you do but this thread is apparently meant to achieve some certain low brow end.

by Anonymousreply 603/02/2013

Jugashvilli doesn't mean son of a Jew. It means son of Juga, and is derived from either the Ossetian йуга Juga (that means 'herd') or the old Georgian ჯუღა djuga - 'steel'.

As you said, Jewwatch is an anti-semitic website with all the credibility of any anti-semitic website.

And speaking of sons of a Jew; Norman Jewison was also not Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 703/02/2013

I thought Georgia and Russian were interchangeable.

Hitler may have had one Jewish grandparent only if his mother were the bastard offspring of her mother's affair with her Jewish boss. But I understand there is nothing to back this up.

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2013

No, Georgian and Russian are not interchangeable.

They are two different languages.

Would you like to offer something else completely inaccurate for us to debunk while this thread lasts or would you like to quite while you are ahead.

by Anonymousreply 1003/02/2013

Hitler was Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 1103/02/2013

As a matter of fact they are not even closely related. Russian is a Slavic language. Georgian is a Kartvellian language. Not only are they not of the same family, Kartvellian isn't even an indo-European language.

Russian is more closely related to French, English, German, Spanish and Farsi than it is to Georgian.

You are really batting a thousand, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1203/02/2013

Hitler was not Catholic. There's books written on the subject of Hitler and religion.

by Anonymousreply 1303/02/2013

r9, I dare you to say to any Russian or Georgian that they are "interchangeable". That's kind of like saying the English and the Irish are "interchangeable". For one thing, Russian is a Slavic language akin to Polish, Czech, Slovak, etc. and uses the Cyrillic alphabet. I'm not so sure about Georgian, but am fairly certain it is an ancient language that has its own alphabet equally as old. Nikita Khrushchev, in his Memoirs, stated that Lavrenty Beria, head of the secret police and also Georgian, and Stalin, would often start conversing in Georgian at one of what Khushchev said were the many and interminable dinners given by Stalin, thereby leaving the Russian speakers in the dark about what they were saying. The Georgian Orthodox Church also has autonomy from the other Orthodox Churches, including the Russian. Stalin was a seminary student and discovered the writings of Marx and Engels in the seminary, perhaps ironically.

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013

Yes, he was a seminarian who was quite devout. You might say he substituted one faith for another.

Georgians are not, not Russians. Please.

by Anonymousreply 1503/02/2013

Why don't you ask Mrs Patrick Campbell, OP? I'm sure she's sucked his cock and can tell you if he was uncut.

by Anonymousreply 1603/02/2013

For anyone interested in learning more about Stalin then the assertions posted on a website I would recommend reading Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar by Simon Sebag Montefiore. It has become the authoritative Stalin biography. It is very dense reading as there are a lot of Russian names discussed which tend to blend together but it covers his life/origins as well as discussing his wives and children and all of the crazy, and I mean crazy shit that went on in his 15 different houses across Russia. What really stood out for me was how much alcohol played a role in the governing of Russia under his leadership. Every night Stalin, Beria and his top cronies would get shit wasted drinking well into the morning hours. Stalin himself was an insomniac who would sleep on these sofas in every room avoiding a dedicated bedroom. I was also surprised that he was only 5-6. Given all of these traits, it is really remarkable how long that government lasted considering.

by Anonymousreply 1703/02/2013

No one gives a fucking fuck about Russians or Georgians in the first place so get back on topic for Christ's sakes!

by Anonymousreply 1903/02/2013

Joseph Stalin's son emmigrated to America. He later became the bass player of the 60s band, The Association, and died from a heroin overdose.

by Anonymousreply 2003/02/2013

[quote]Hitler was not Catholic. There's books written on the subject of Hitler and religion.

The Nazis made up their own religion, which was heavy in Norse Mythology.

by Anonymousreply 2203/02/2013

So Newt Gingrich is a Red?

by Anonymousreply 2303/02/2013

Just Luke the Mormons.

by Anonymousreply 2403/02/2013

It's Josef, you ignorami.

by Anonymousreply 2503/02/2013

r18 and r19, it's always amusing to see Americans leap to the defensive like John Wayne or something whenever their ignorance is pointed out. Fume all you want, but my guess is that having been corrected here you are the better for it and won't make the same mistake again.

by Anonymousreply 2603/02/2013

I heard that too, r20!

by Anonymousreply 2703/02/2013

I'm happy to be corrected and learn new things about subjects I don't understand. But R26 has a haughty, Republican attitude. When you are enlighted about something, do you like it when people are rude and nasty about your ignorance?

by Anonymousreply 2903/02/2013

r17, I gleaned a certain amount of info from "Khushchev Remembers" which is almost a darkly fun read--whoever translated it into English did a great job. Never heard of The Court of the Red Tsar, but will definitely make a note of it, thanks. I had been reading Isaac Deutscher's "Stalin" through the years and is also as you put it, "dense reading"; I never read the book from cover to cover but would select a chapter that interested me and read from there. Over the years I probably have read most of it by now. Khrushchev also pointed out the incessant drinking and said that some members of the inner circle would have the servers bring colored water instead of wine because they simply couldn't keep up with Stalin and to lose it in front of him might be a dangerous course to take. Khrushchev also said that Stalin would put on records and tell people to dance, as Khrushchev said, "when Stalin says dance, a wise man dances". Khrushchev also brought up the fact that despite Stalin being able (moreso after WW II was over) to drink until the wee hours and laze around during the day, others in the government had their jobs to do and it was a great strain as well as tiring to stay up with Stalin and be on the job the next day. Stalin also liked American cowboy movies (no doubt saw John Wayne)--he said that he would curse them and give them a Marxist-Stalinist ideological analysis then order more of those movies from America.

by Anonymousreply 3003/02/2013

Sorry to see you are so Ultra-Sensitive r29, what would you have, cookies and milk? When I was learning history in school some of my teachers were acerbic, but I never held it against them. You must have some scorecard in your living room keeping track of who is on your shitlist for some imagined slight and who is not.

by Anonymousreply 3103/02/2013

[quote] Untwist your damp panties, Marys.

then post on another thread, you ignorant boob

by Anonymousreply 3203/02/2013

According to DNA tests on Joseph Stalin's grandson and grand-nephew he belonged to Y haplogroup G2a1 which is not a Jewish haplogroup. Y-DNA is passed from father to son.

Adolf Hitler belonged to Y haplogroup E1b1b1 (E-M35). It is rare in Europe but common in the Middle East and North Africa. E1b1b1 is the third most common Y haplogroup among Jewish males after J1 and J2. Hitler was not gay.

by Anonymousreply 3303/02/2013

R31 is hissy and pissy. I'm sure your ugliness makes dating a rare occasion.

by Anonymousreply 3403/02/2013

Girls, girls! You both look like booger-eating baboons!

by Anonymousreply 3503/02/2013

Jewish or not, that mass murdering bastard was quite the looker in his youth:

by Anonymousreply 3603/02/2013

Oh please, those anti-Semite assholes over at JW think anyone whose name isn't Smith or Jones is Jewish...fuck them and you to for reading and believing their crap enough to even ask that

by Anonymousreply 3703/02/2013

I hate the DL Racist Troll with the heat of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 3903/03/2013

I loved that, r39!! I'm still laughing as I type!

by Anonymousreply 4003/03/2013

Hitler was a good Catholic and very devout. All the literature claiming paganism in Nazism is not about Hitler, or lies made up by the Catholic church to hide the very real fact that they were willing and eager partners of Hitler throughout his career.

by Anonymousreply 4103/03/2013

And after of course. It was Hitler who taught them to hate homosexuality and abortion, after all, their two big issues under Nazi collaborators Wojtyla and Ratzinger.

by Anonymousreply 4203/03/2013

OP truly baited all of you. Nobody even asked why s/he is spending time at a hate website. Then again, DL is often one as well.

by Anonymousreply 4303/03/2013

Hitler was baptized and made his first communion as a Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 4403/03/2013

OP you can't begin a thread spouting that Joseph Stalin was Jewish and expect to be treated with kidd gloves.

by Anonymousreply 4503/03/2013

R43 The OP didn't bait me [quote] Oh please, those anti-Semite assholes over at JW think anyone whose name isn't Smith or Jones is Jewish...fuck them and you to for reading and believing their crap enough to even ask that [/quote]

by Anonymousreply 4603/03/2013

что полезно одному, то вредно другому

by Anonymousreply 4703/03/2013

Jew Watch? Really?

by Anonymousreply 4803/03/2013

[quote] It's Josef, you ignorami.

It was Yusef.

by Anonymousreply 4903/03/2013

It was Iosif in Russian and Ioseb in Georgian.

by Anonymousreply 5003/03/2013

Russians consider all Georgians to be gangsters. Which is kind of funny, coming from Russians.

They also consider all Chechens to be thieves and gangsters.

But I think all three countries are run by organized crime.

by Anonymousreply 5103/03/2013

So why are you reading that web site, OP?

by Anonymousreply 5203/03/2013

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5303/03/2013

[quote]Hitler was a good Catholic and very devout.

No, he was not.

[quote]Hitler was baptized and made his first communion as a Catholic.

So was I, and I don't consider myself Catholic.

Hitler rejected Catholicism, and most religion, but he wasn't an Atheist. I have a couple of books on the subject. I have to pull them out. It's really interesting, the religious philosophy he had. I know everyone wishes to pin Catholicism upon him because they hate it, but facts are facts. The thing that is true about the Catholic Church is that they helped the Nazis, blessed the bombs, and kidnapped Jewish children and gave them away to Christian families. That's even enough. You don't need Hitler to make it any worse.

by Anonymousreply 5403/03/2013

Everyone is gay and Jewish according to DL. lol

I was always surprised that Jew-haters never played up Karl Marx being Jewish. I know they went after Jews shouting that they were a bunch of Leftist Commies, but I never heard them screaming that Marx = Jew, meant all Jews were evil Commies right off the bat. Like I said, maybe they did, but I never heard them say it. You had people like the Rosenbergs, who did turn out were traitors. I guess that was good enough for those people who were haters. They went after anyone who was a Leftist, and being that Jews were pretty much on the liberal side of things, they were automatically spotlighted.

I always wondered about Hitler having Jewish lineage. That's been suggested for ages. I don't know if they've been able to proven it beyond a shadow of a doubt. What irony if it was true!

by Anonymousreply 5503/03/2013

The US conquered Japan, thus I thought English and Japanese were interchangeable!

by Anonymousreply 5603/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.