Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"War On Drugs.." is really War On Poor People

I just saw a report on CNN about some women, (poor women, naturally,) spending months in jail for abusing oxycodone.

Two of the pills being on them would get them 60 days in a lockup with 10 other women.

Yet...

How much time did Rush the Fathead spend in jail for his abuse, even to the point of having his housekeeper go out and buy the pills? We all know the answer to that.

by Anonymousreply 703/11/2013

The drug wars are a rich man's war and a poor man's fight.

I remember a statistic I read that over 70% of people in prison were below the poverty line before they were arrested.

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

A war on poor minorities. There's a reason that there are three times as many minorities in prison for drug crimes as white people, even though they're no more likely to be guilty of drug crimes than white people (percentage wise).

by Anonymousreply 203/03/2013

Perfectly stated @ r2

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

Thank you, R3

by Anonymousreply 403/11/2013

What r2 said.

by Anonymousreply 503/11/2013

This just occurred to you now, OP? Are you posting through a time warp from the year 1985?

by Anonymousreply 603/11/2013

r6, I'm glad to see someone post something like this, to keep all of us aware and discussing. Good work, OP.Thank you. Besides, there are many who just don't believe-or cannot see- it is what it is: a war on the poor and on minorities. What a waste of time and money, to punish people for small amounts of drugs.Go after the big bankers,fer gawsh sakes.

by Anonymousreply 703/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.