Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How Does Jimmy Fallon Have A Show?

He can't interview for shit, and he's so not funny. He seems a bit slow too.

How does he still have this gig? They want him to replace Leno.

by Anonymousreply 6812/05/2014

His face reminds me of some animal … but I can't think of which one it is.

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

He's 10,000x better than most expected him to be, that's how.

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

He's just too "gee golly gosh". Sometimes you just want to slap him and tell him to get an edge and be more cynical or something. That's why Jimmy Kimmel is growing on me after his move to 11:35.

by Anonymousreply 303/03/2013

He giggles too much and is always like "Oh my gosh" at things that aren't a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 403/03/2013

[quote]He can't interview for shit,

I think the producers know that. That's why instead of a second segment of the interview, they make the guest play a stupid game instead.

by Anonymousreply 503/03/2013

I don't know, but I'll take him over that pig Jimmy Kimmel. Can't stand that smug smile and squinted eyes.

by Anonymousreply 603/03/2013

But Jimmy Kimmel is much funnier. Fallon's show is comforting but lame.

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

Quite frankly I don't think Kimmel or Fallon are great Late Night hosts. And Conan O'Brian looks like something that escaped from a Beavis and Butthead episode.

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

Hi is cute and happy and his anus smells like fabric softener

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

[quote]But Jimmy Kimmel is much funnier.

Not to me. But I guess if you're into snarky, smug, smart-ass type "comedy", then one might think so.

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

Fallon fan here. Jimmy can do anything and everything.Yes, he is lousy at the interview unless he knows the guest then he can be brilliant. He is also lousy at stand up. But, he can sing and dance and act and get guests to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

He's handsome as hell. There's never been a talk show host close to his handsomeness.

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

Isn't Fallon gay? He bearded up when he got the NBC late night job, marrying an (older) friend of Drew Barrymore's.

by Anonymousreply 1303/03/2013

I love Jimmy Fallon. I agree with r11 about his versatility, and I love that he does unusual things with his show sometimes, like when he spotlighted the new Exile on Main Street rerelease, which included showing the entire documentary and having guests perform songs from the album all week.

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

How could he have shown the entire documentary on his show? Was it only 5 minutes long?

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2013

If I remember correctly, it was an hour long and was done over two nights.

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2013

His show is only 43 minutes long. No way Jimmy gave 30 minutes to a documentary and only had 13 minutes of material.

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2013

See link below. Perhaps the documentary was edited somewhat, but it did take up most of the show.

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2013

Hollywood moguls see Jimmy and wish they were him.

by Anonymousreply 1903/03/2013

He looks like a dik-dik!

by Anonymousreply 2003/03/2013

OP, the answer is simple, because he is a breeder and youre not.

by Anonymousreply 2103/03/2013

I like both Jimmys.

Fallon is a sweetheart and he cant help that he is so nice.

Kimmel has a condescending attitude towards his guests, but I love it and find it funny. He is like the straight version of a bitchy gay man. I also love the sketches his show does, they are genuinely funny.

by Anonymousreply 2203/03/2013

I'm with R22, I like them both. Can't wait for Fallon to take over for Leno.

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2013

Meanwhile, Conan O'Brien has faded into oblivion with his low-rated TBS show that nobody watches or talks about. So much for the power of "Team Coco."

by Anonymousreply 2403/03/2013

Jimmy can't even finish a sentence. He acts like he has autism. He stumbles over his words. Chelsea Handler is funnier, and that's saying something. He's also not attractive. Elders are blind.

by Anonymousreply 2603/03/2013

[quote]Kimmel has a condescending attitude towards his guests, but I love it and find it funny. He is like the straight version of a bitchy gay man. I also love the sketches his show does, they are genuinely funny.

You're right. Kimmel's sketches are genuinely funny while Fallon's are done to basically just past time. One time they had audience members recite an unfunny play he wrote about getting a traffic ticket. WTF? Other times he has people kick pinatas or take cell phone pics of a screen to see what they win. If I wanted to watch stupid games, I would watch Price Is Right.

by Anonymousreply 2703/03/2013

Team Coco lives in the hearts of the loving, the gentle, and the just.

by Anonymousreply 2803/03/2013

Fallon's are done to basically just past time.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2903/03/2013

He has a cool-ass band

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2013

I can't stop watching David Letterman or he will die!

by Anonymousreply 3103/03/2013

[quote]Jimmy can't even finish a sentence. He acts like he has autism. He stumbles over his words

You feel like you want to slap him, tell him to sit down, and not talk again until after he counts to 50.

Can you imagine how he must have driven his teachers up the wall when he was in grade school.

by Anonymousreply 3203/03/2013

Does anyone under 35 actually watch late night shows anymore?

by Anonymousreply 3303/03/2013

One of the most pathetic, patronizing shows on late night.

Almost every sketch/bit/lame attempt at humor revolves around social media. Every other word is "Twitter! Facebook! Instagram! YouTube!" It's like a pathetic marketing committee comprised of know-nothing's that observe hipsters like they're on safari determined that a social media mention has to take place every 90 seconds to retain the dwindling, splintered late-night audience. The Macbook sitting prop-like on the desk is groan worthy.

He's painfully unfunny. He pings so loud one has to turn the volume down. Never met a celebrity he didn't nearly fellate. "The Tonight Sow," the definition of patronizing pablum, must have zero relevance for this star humper to get the gig.

NBC is an embarrassment in general, but this toad's rise is a joke. I can't believe the target demo they crave would actually fall for this craven crap.

by Anonymousreply 3408/08/2013

"His face reminds me of some animal "

You rang?

by Anonymousreply 3508/08/2013

Jimmy Kimmel is funnier? LOL, how? Being boring, tepid and predictably unoriginal is all Jimmy Kimmel has. At least Jimmy Fallon has great ideas like the classroom rendition of "Blurred Lines" with Robin Thicke.

by Anonymousreply 3608/08/2013

[quote]Almost every sketch/bit/lame attempt at humor revolves around social media. Every other word is "Twitter! Facebook! Instagram! YouTube!"

Fallon is catering to the Milliniels. I'm only 35 and I feel like I'm too old to watch this.

by Anonymousreply 3708/08/2013

Fallon seems manic during those game segments....I fear he will crash someday.

by Anonymousreply 3808/08/2013

They have the game segments to fill time because he can't sustain a long interview. He asks 2 questions and then asks them to play a game. It's to hide the fact that he can't interview for shit. And he giggles too much.

by Anonymousreply 3908/08/2013

Last night he called Senator Barbara Mikulski an old bat. Classless, unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 4011/14/2014

Ugh, that 9 minute giggle fest between him and Bradley Cooper was one of the most annoying things I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 4111/14/2014

Am I the only one who saw Anthony Keidis on this show the other night.

Apparently JF is above researching his guests because AK's public stance is that he has been sober for over a decade, yet JF told a story that outing him as a user. Keidis kept saying no and shaking his head but giggling Jimmy wouldn't let it go. Keidis' body language was like a cat in a bath, but clueless Jimmy was having a gay old time.

by Anonymousreply 4211/23/2014

NBC seems to have a history of BAD decision making and poor quality shows.

Which is why I rarely watch it. Chicago Fire and PD are the only two series on it I watch, and occasionally SVU.

Hyperactive, overly enthused, pretentious and unprofessional only begin to describe the mess that replaces Jay Leno. Jay Leno was down to earth and smart. I don't watch any late night show regularly, but I do miss Jay. When he was on, you felt you were watching someone of quality, substance. NBC seems to want only uneducated, low information, vapid 20ish viewers.

by Anonymousreply 4311/23/2014

I agree - I miss Leno too. His jokes weren't roll on the floor funny, but they were lighthearted silly things you could laugh at. I guess if you're into crude and mean jokes, you wouldn't have liked him. Also, he didn't jump all over the damn place like a buffoon like Fallon does and he didn't play all these stupid childish games with the guests.

by Anonymousreply 4411/23/2014

[quote]I agree - I miss Leno too. His jokes weren't roll on the floor funny, but they were lighthearted silly things you could laugh at. I guess if you're into crude and mean jokes, you wouldn't have liked him. Also, he didn't jump all over the damn place like a buffoon like Fallon does and he didn't play all these stupid childish games with the guests.

How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 4511/23/2014

Personally, I liked Ferguson in the early years before Letterman and the network crushed his balls.

He's said he'd be open to doing another talk show and I'd love to see him supported and given free reign.

Fallon is a sycophant, which is what TPTB require. Back in the day, they'd be required to have style though, like Carson. Now, the ass kissing aspect is paramount.

by Anonymousreply 4611/23/2014

Check out Jimmy Kimmel. He's won me over - funny, intelligent, self-deprecating, good interviews, good musical guests.

by Anonymousreply 4711/23/2014

I agree with R47. Kimmel is the superior Jimmy.

by Anonymousreply 4811/23/2014

Rofl, I love you R8.

by Anonymousreply 4911/23/2014

I agree that Kimmel totally beats Fallon. Kimmel comes off like an adult, while Fallon is just immature and not ready for prime.

by Anonymousreply 5011/23/2014

I think just about anyone could host one of those safe US chat shows. Sit behind a pointless desk, suck up to the guest, make lame jokes (probably written by other people) look smug, do inane patter with the band leader and rake in fat paychecks.

I like Jay Leno though because he's a passionate petrolhead.

by Anonymousreply 5111/23/2014

Jesus, he does, r8. I never saw that, but you're right.

He got too far up his own ass, and let his ego take over. The day you have Gavin Polone in your corner is the day you know you've gone Hollywood and need to check yourself.

by Anonymousreply 5211/23/2014

R1 A monkey?

by Anonymousreply 5311/23/2014

I kept trying to say this as well but for some odd reason it kept "Post rejected":

by Anonymousreply 5411/23/2014

[quote]and he didn't play all these stupid childish games with the guests.

Why does he have those games? They're like what you'd see at a primary school fete.

by Anonymousreply 5511/23/2014

He's still better than Jimmy Kimmel.

Whatever his real personality (I'm guessing, a prick), Letterman was good.

by Anonymousreply 5611/23/2014

Talk about MEAN! Jimmy Kimmel is one unfunny, mean and bitter man.

I am looking forward to some new blood on CBS. I hated Letterman so once he is gone, I can check out Colbert and see if the show is any better.

by Anonymousreply 5711/23/2014

[quote] Jay Leno was down to earth and smart. I don't watch any late night show regularly, but I do miss Jay. When he was on, you felt you were watching someone of quality, substance.

You're calling Leno smart?

[quote] NBC seems to want only uneducated, low information, vapid 20ish viewers.

So, they've only missed your viewership by 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 5811/23/2014

R3 To be honest, none of those US chat shows have any edge whatsoever, it seems like they aren't allowed to be cheeky or risque. But this isn't surprising given how puritanical American TV usually is.

Case in point, Rik Mayall's appearance on Letterman. Apparently Dave had never heard of the phrase "as funny as an orphanage on fire" before and seemed to be shocked by it, and cringed when Rik told him about the Young Ones scene where his character plays around with a tampon. When the show ends he abruptly gets up and seems to walk off in a strop, throwing off his jacket. (I was going to post a video link but NBC seems to have taken it down, probably because they find it embarrassing)

Our here, Jonathan Ross once asked David Cameron if he ever masturbated to Maggie Thatcher (though this was before he was PM)

by Anonymousreply 5911/23/2014

[quote]Why does he have those games? They're like what you'd see at a primary school fete.

Because Fallon has the maturity of someone in primary school.

by Anonymousreply 6011/23/2014

If I went on his show, I'd ask if I'd get a homemade sponge cake if I won.

by Anonymousreply 6111/23/2014

Fallon is a selfish host. He's only interested if he can make it about him, look cute doing it, and manipulate the situation to insert his insipid punch lines. He's not very skilled at doing any of this either because his process is so sloppy and noticeable. And yes, he is a rotten interviewer, often faking laughter or amusement before his guest has even finished their sentence! A total sham who must have been owed a very big favor at NBC.

by Anonymousreply 6211/23/2014

Hello...there are 200 channels folks. Switch over to Kimmel who is as funny as Cancer.

by Anonymousreply 6311/23/2014

Fallon's staff doesn't seem to prepare him well for the guests. Leno had a fantastic group working for him. They made sure he was up on everything about each guest.

by Anonymousreply 6411/26/2014

me saw da

by Anonymousreply 6511/26/2014

Every time I flip past this show he is playing a game with somebody. Why didn't the asshat just host Celebrity Game Night?

by Anonymousreply 6612/05/2014

I agree that Jimmy is pretty bad (too immature), but I can't watch Craig Ferguson either. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but his interviews are mostly unintelligible to me. His guests somehow understand what he's saying, but I rarely do.

by Anonymousreply 6712/05/2014

Teenagers like him.

by Anonymousreply 6812/05/2014
Need more help? Click Here.