Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

David Gregory: Obama, Washington Media Don't Like Each Other

"The President does not particularly like the Washington press corps," Gregory said. "And I think that feeling is mutual in a lot of respects. And so there's not a great relationship between that Washington establishment and the President." He added that the situation was not "unprecedented."

by Anonymousreply 1703/02/2013

Well, so what?

I don't think much of David Gregory as a journalist so I really don't care what he thinks.

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

The press hugely disliked Bill Clinton too. Remember Sally Quinn's infamous piece on this in the Washington post in 1998?

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

David Gregory isn't a journalist. He's a right-wing republican toady, who lies and smears and deceives and enables the FOX News talking points his guests bring on.

That Obama doesn't like David Gregory is a feather in Obama's cap, a sign of good character and judgment.

David Gregory can go rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 303/02/2013

The Washington Press Corps are all right wing toadies.

by Anonymousreply 403/02/2013

This? As opposed to Bush's no press conferences or take few or no questions at all?

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Bush totally ignored the press and kept them blacked out except for carefully delivered pieces and comments through his press secretary / others.

What utter bullshit. I didn't know David Gregory was such a douche, but it's really showing the past year.

by Anonymousreply 503/02/2013

David Gregory sure doesn't like him, neither does Ed Henry, Jessica Yellin, Jake Tapper, etc. This is not surprising. Why SHOULD Obama like them, they're out to get him.

by Anonymousreply 603/02/2013

The Washington press corp and whoever is President don't usually like each other.

Gregory is fast becoming another DC Heather looking for attention

by Anonymousreply 703/02/2013

I can't stand the beltway media and Gregory.

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2013

David Gregory is a "journalist" in the same way Piers Morgan is a "journalist," which is to say, not at all.

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2013

I just looked at Gregory's Wiki page and, aside from a blurb about a summer reporting job at the age of 18, there zip about his career prior to 2003 when he started filling in for Lester Holt.

by Anonymousreply 1003/02/2013

David Gregory is a corporate tool.

by Anonymousreply 1103/02/2013

Here's my theory: politicians have always hated the press and the press hate (or at least are out to get) politicians. Back in the days of Kennedy, etc., politicians had to stay on the good side of journalists because they were the pipeline to the public and helped shape opinion. Now, politicians can go right to the people via cable news (where they can speak to the side that is favorable to them) twitter, facebook, etc. to get their message out. Journalists like Gregory, Dana Milbank from the WP see this and resent the hell out of it because it makes them less important (hence their bitchy attitudes). I think the acrimony between the press & the WH started with Clinton and progressively got worse. I think the next president - whoever he or she is - will have just as bad as relationship as Obama's WH

by Anonymousreply 1203/02/2013

The entire press, including the NYT, was a mouthpiece for the lies the Bush team used to sell America on the Iraq war.

The truth was out there. A few journalists found out the truth by doing real reporting but what they uncovered was buried by the big guys. Dissenting views were seen as unpatriotic and bad for business.

None of these reporters who helped sell the war under false pretenses paid for it. Including Gregory. They should have been shamed out of the business.

Liberal media bias my ass.

by Anonymousreply 1303/02/2013

NO president likes the Washington media, and the Washington media isn't never crazy about any president either.

Old old are you, OP, thirteen?

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013

David Gregory isn't much of a journalist. I wouldn't call him a right wing hack though - it's more that he's a self important mediocre talent.

The thing is - he's right in this case.

by Anonymousreply 1503/02/2013

I don t agree.. He's not right. Obama's disdain for the press is justifiable. These idiots aren't after the real news. They are just always looking to take someone down. It' s pathetic.

This is the same bunch that never even questioned or researched if there were weapons of mass destruction until years later. They are useless parasites.

by Anonymousreply 1603/02/2013

R15, he's most certainly a right-wing hack. He has almost nothing but Republicans on his show, and throws them soft-balls and pushes their own propaganda. Any time he has someone who isn't a right-wing nut job on his show, he tries to eviscerate them.

He's a complete lapdog for the right-wing nutjobs in this country.

by Anonymousreply 1703/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!