Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

ADD / ADHD

Ive recently self diagnosed myself as ADD ( not ADHD). It explains a lot of my behaviors and obsticles I've faced with school and work. I'm now in my mid 40s and symptoms are exacerbated. Honestly, I'm in the beginning stages of learning about the disorder so I'm no expert. Dopamine seems to play a big role in ADD, though I find the neurology component confusing to understand.

Can anyone here offer me advice, direction, book recommendations, website links, personal stories, and or pointless bitchery to help me learn more about ADD.

I plan to see my doctor and discuss this with him, but I want to be educated before I do so.

I'd also like drug recommendations and homeopathic options I can try to help me cope with the symptoms. Fwiw, I'm not a big fan of taking drugs and and currently only take otc meds for pain.

Thanks, all.

by Anonymousreply 303/02/2013

My diagnosis: you're crazy as a shithouse rat.

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

Know that symptoms of depression and anxiety can mimic those of ADD. I was diagnosed as having ADD in my 30's and after going the meds. route and through years of therapy, my psychologist who was prescribing the meds. during this time just recently told me this, like it's something I should have known all along. It really pissed me off, since I put so much time and effort into researching and trying to adjust to something I may not actually have.

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

So are you ADD, R2, or suffer from depression and/or anxiety?

by Anonymousreply 303/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.