Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madonna to Present GLAAD Award to Anderson Cooper

and the gays rejoiced

by Anonymousreply 14303/08/2013

How fitting that it comes from Faded Youth blog.

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

Why would gays rejoice OP? Why would we care?

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

Someone mean and nasty presenting to someone mean and nasty.

Apropos.

by Anonymousreply 303/02/2013

I am honored to be on stage with the likes of Madonna. I pale by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 403/02/2013

How is Anderson mean and nasty? He seems like a pretty decent guy to me.

OP is being sarcastic R2, we all know DL despises Anderson, I don't, but that's how it is here.

by Anonymousreply 503/02/2013

Only a gay icon and superstar like Madonna is worthy of presenting an award to Anderson.

Anderson is right to be honored by GLAAD. His coming out was truly revolutionary. He has at last brought us into the post gay era.

by Anonymousreply 603/02/2013

So Don Lemon coming out wasn't revolutionary? Don had the guts to come out first before Anderson. Where is Don's award? As a black man that was truly revolutionary.

by Anonymousreply 703/02/2013

More sarcasm at R6.

Don Lemon came out to sell a book. Nothing revolutionary about it.

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2013

Anderson came out to save his job.

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2013

Bullshit R9.

by Anonymousreply 1003/02/2013

That talent-free hag elbows her way into everything. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 1103/02/2013

Oh god, whenever Madonna presents an award to someone, pays tribute to someone, or introduces them, she invariably manages to make it all about Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 1203/02/2013

R9, Might be more right that wrong. There was pressure on him to come out. He had started to become a joke. Most everyone knew he was gay and they also knew Anderson was aware that everyone knew. But yet he would in no way admit it. If there hadn't been so much talk he would have never come out. He almost seems ashamed of being gay.

by Anonymousreply 1303/02/2013

Two phony friends and phony supporters of the glbti community exchanging an award...

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013

If he was "ashamed" he would've bearded. I still say bullshit to R9.

by Anonymousreply 1503/02/2013

Anderson's been focused on LGBT issues for years R14. He covered the subject frequently on his show.

by Anonymousreply 1603/02/2013

I recently learned that "Deeper and Deeper" was about a young man coming to terms with his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 1703/02/2013

[quote]and the gays rejoiced

the elderly ones.

by Anonymousreply 1803/02/2013

r7, you have to be rich, stylish, and born of the elite to receive awards for doing something revolutionary.

by Anonymousreply 1903/02/2013

Madonna is no fan of the gays. She tried to turn that around by ripping off Lady Gaga's bullying campaign in his last tour. Madonna is such a hallow human being. She put up with Guy Ritchie, the biggest homophobe on the planet, and she's still involved with that anti-gay cult. She has only one gay friend. Chistopher Ciccone's book was also very telling. Madonna used the gays in the 90s. They are of no use to her now.

by Anonymousreply 2003/02/2013

I wonder if Madonna will tell the kind of stories about her experiences with Anderson that she did when she gave a tribute to Michael Jackson on MTV. I wonder how well does she know AC because I didn't realize they were long time friends.

by Anonymousreply 2103/02/2013

[quote]Oh god, whenever Madonna presents an award to someone, pays tribute to someone, or introduces them, she invariably manages to make it all about Madonna.

I... I.... I...

by Anonymousreply 2203/02/2013

[quote]I recently learned that "Deeper and Deeper" was about a young man coming to terms with his homosexuality.

That was conjured up by one of Guy Richie's friends who goofed on Madonna's career in the liners to her second greatest hits album.

by Anonymousreply 2303/02/2013

Patsy Stone recovers in friends house after horrific face lift

by Anonymousreply 2403/02/2013

They aren't friends. She did his show promoting her bomb of a film, "W.E." last year. Madonna has about 5 friends.

by Anonymousreply 2503/02/2013

I get what R12 and R22 are saying, but I thought her tribute to Michael was still good.

by Anonymousreply 2603/02/2013

If they aren't friends why is she doing it R25? AC and Ben were at those VIP backstage parties that Madonna had when she was doing her shows in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 2703/02/2013

r27 I don't recall Anderson going to that many Madonna concerts when he was still in the closet; at least he never mentioned it. Now he's almost a Madonna (and Lady Gaga, and Beyonce) groupie. I'm betting he asked Madonna--the biggest cliche of a gay icon on the planet--to present the award to him because he still thinks it'd be "cool".

It's funny--for years it was "I don't want to talk about my personal life", to not shutting up about his personal life. Even when he has children in the audience of his talk show, he can't hold back the innuendos. It's really cringe-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 2803/02/2013

Would you prefer he go back into the closet R28? You make no sense. And who says he had to talk about all the concerts he attended? I love that he's more open on the talk show. Nothing "cringe-worthy" about it, it's freeing.

by Anonymousreply 2903/02/2013

The ticket prices for this shindig are going to go thru the roof for seats near the head table. The biggest names in show biz and crème de la crème of NY society will want to see a superstar presenting an award to a Vanderbilt.

Who can we expect to see in the audience?

by Anonymousreply 3003/02/2013

Faded and over-the-hill media phony honors other faded and over-the-hill media phony!

by Anonymousreply 3103/02/2013

Good for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 3203/02/2013

R20 Get the fuck outta here, Madonna hardly ripped off GaGa from as far back as 1987WHEN IT WAS UNHEARD of Madonna gave a free concert for AIDS research and talked about her best friend and forner roommate Marty Burgoyne who died from the desease.

Gaga on the other hand, HAS MOLDED HER ENTIRE FUCKING CAREER ON MADONNA, even people I know who don't like Madonna have admitted it

By the way Madonna did only 88 dates on her MDNA Tour grossed $305 milliin and played to over 2.2 milliin.

Gaga did 98 shows on her Flop tour played to. 1.6 milliin and only grossed $160 million.

In 5 years Gaga will be doing Hard Rock Cafes, while Madonna will continue to set touring records in stadiuma the world over.

by Anonymousreply 3303/02/2013

R23 no, D&D has long had a gay interpretation from the fans.. "never gonna hide it again".

Those sleevenotes were only marginally worse than the pompous crap for The Immaculate Collection.

by Anonymousreply 3403/02/2013

Incorrect use of the term "apropos", r3.

by Anonymousreply 3503/02/2013

r28, hon, once and for all, just put a fucking cork in it.

I know for a fact that AC, Ben, MC, KR were in Paris enjoying the sights, and being VIP, backstage at the MDNA concert there.

Ditto NYC.

In my world, that's considered friendly.

And who wouldn't want a legend honoring you with this award?

by Anonymousreply 3603/02/2013

D&D is about coming out? Well, I'll be. Never knew that. Is it true Burning Up is about chlamydia & Like a Prayer is about oral sex? LOL, that's what I heard once.

by Anonymousreply 3703/02/2013

r6, his coming out isn't revolutionary. Please. He is the child of Gloria Vanderbilt, therefore a child of privilege. He will never be hurt by coming out. A blue collar worker in a dead-beat fly-over town coming out is revolutionary. A teacher in elementary school coming out is revolutionary. A soldier coming out is, too. But a celeb rumoured to be gay with financial and career stability and safety coming out is hardly revolutionary, not even in fly-over country.

by Anonymousreply 3803/02/2013

Thank God Andy can receive an impotant award from the Illuminata after his show has been canceled. We hate to see anyone suffer.

by Anonymousreply 3903/02/2013

This is the problem with organizations like GLAAD. They aren't working on the real problems, but instead are giving awards to closeted assholes at hgh dollar galas. And people wonder why there is this huge disconnect.

by Anonymousreply 4003/02/2013

He's out, I'm GLAAD he's getting this word.

by Anonymousreply 4103/02/2013

I've never given them a dime. Let the rich celebs (both out, closeted and gay-positive like Madge) support them. Seems like a private club anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4203/02/2013

I hope he gives a shout out to his bf.

by Anonymousreply 4303/02/2013

[quote]I hope he gives a shout out to his bf.

bf? He's never mentioned a bf. You must be mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 4403/02/2013

The one on the right.

by Anonymousreply 4503/02/2013

[quote]Oh god, whenever Madonna presents an award to someone, pays tribute to someone, or introduces them, she invariably manages to make it all about Madonna.

Excatly. Remember that awful speech she gave at the VMA's after MJ died? She made it all about her. It was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 4603/02/2013

Andy getting this "award" is in such appalling taste that it seems like satire. GLAAD has lost its collective mind.

by Anonymousreply 4703/02/2013

And exactly what is he getting this award for? What has he done for the gay community?

by Anonymousreply 4803/02/2013

[quote]And exactly what is he getting this award for? What has he done for the gay community?

That's what I'd like to know. He didn't come out of the closet until he was 44 years old, and he's never done anything for the gay community. Then again, these are the same people who gave Jennifer Aniston a Vanguard Award, even though she's done NOTHING for the gay community.

Just goest to show how stupid GLAAD is.

by Anonymousreply 4903/02/2013

Since when is using your news program to highlight LGBT issues over the years not doing anything for the gay community? He donated the $50,000 he won on Jeopardy to the Trevor Project. He's been involved with Elton John's AIDS charity for years. How is that not doing anything? Stop whining. He deserves this honor.

by Anonymousreply 5003/02/2013

Where is it written that you are required to come out at a specific age? Do you complain about other famous people who came out late too or just Anderson?

by Anonymousreply 5103/02/2013

Rich white people giving awards to rich white people. How touching!

by Anonymousreply 5203/02/2013

And his giggle is like MUSIC!

by Anonymousreply 5303/02/2013

AC came out not because he cared but he was basically outed and otherwise he would not have came out since like Jerry Brown he's closeted or embarrassed and ashamed to be gay!

by Anonymousreply 5403/02/2013

He's been outed for years. He came out because he was finally ready. Neil Patrick Harris is the one who didn't want to come out but was forced to. Where's all the anger for him?

by Anonymousreply 5503/02/2013

[quote]He donated the $50,000 he won on Jeopardy to the Trevor Project. He's been involved with Elton John's AIDS charity for years.

Giving his prize money to the Trevor Project while sitting in a glass closet sent a very clear message. Perhaps you weren't watching, R50. And it's not whining, it's merely delivering the facts. Why all the anger?

How can there be any doubt that reaching out to Elton John's AIDS charity from his glass closet spoke volumes.

People aware of his glass closet figured he must be related to Gertrude Lawrence's dear friend, Noel.

by Anonymousreply 5603/02/2013

Before coming out, Anderson did a lot of reports on homophobia and LGBT related issues.

by Anonymousreply 5703/02/2013

[quote]Before coming out, Anderson did a lot of reports on homophobia and LGBT related issues.

That's right. He did those reports from his glass closet. That sent a clear message.

by Anonymousreply 5803/02/2013

R56 he is out now. Maybe he finally felt it was time he did it publicly. Everyone does it when it feels right for them so why judge? Being out speaks volumes too you know and he's OUT.

by Anonymousreply 5903/02/2013

True R57. AC said:

"Everybody in my life ... since I've been an adult and since I was a kid, I mean, I came out in high school," he said. "I told my friends, I told my family, I've always been out to my coworkers."

by Anonymousreply 6003/02/2013

r57, he also started the controversy about "The Dilemma", when he complained about the movie's trailer opening with a "that's so gay" joke.

Every big star who comes out helps mainstream the gay community, and he's one of the biggest who have come out. It doesn't matter that he was 44, when the vast majority of other gay celebs are closeted. If it's such a nothing thing for a big celeb to come out, why have so few of the others done so? Hold a grudge against them, not Coop.

by Anonymousreply 6103/03/2013

Get over it. He is out. Damn you can't win. People should just be glad when someone finally makes the choice to come out. R59, you would prefer that he NEVER come out just because you don't like how he went about it? That is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 6203/03/2013

Do you really think we don't know he's out? Duh!

You're really trying to erase history. You think if you keep screaming that "He's OUT! He's OUT!" that history will ignore the wrong messages he sent by doing stories on gay issues while hiding in a closet.

He had a national platform where he KNEW, got that, he KNEW people saw him in a glass closet but he let everyone see that he was too much of a coward to come out of that closet. He broadcast his gay shame by hiding in that closet. And when he came out, he couldn't face the media so he fled the country. That's real shame.

Before you write it again: Yes, he's out. We know the coward is out, but you can't rewrite history. You can't change the facts.

R52 has it part way but didn't go far enough: Rich white people giving awards to rich white people who don't deserve the award.

by Anonymousreply 6303/03/2013

HE IS OUT. Nothing else matters. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 6403/03/2013

I hated Cooper when he was in the closet, and I hated Ellen when for years she refused to say anything about being gay on her talk-show. And then I forgave them when he came out, she started being more open on her show. Some of you people hold a grudge forever. You make the rest of us, who have legitimate complaints about celeb closet-cases, look bad, unreasonable and unforgiving.

by Anonymousreply 6503/03/2013

[quote]And then I forgave them when he came out, she started being more open on her show. Some of you people hold a grudge forever. You make the rest of us, who have legitimate complaints about celeb closet-cases, look bad, unreasonable and unforgiving.

You just don't get it. We're not complaining about Ellen. We're not complaining about the fact that Anderson came out. It's about the fact that he's getting an award that isn't deserved. An award that ignores the damage he did by his cowardly acts --- including the very moments he came out.

by Anonymousreply 6603/03/2013

Your pathetic r65 for getting mad at Cooper and Ellen in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 6703/03/2013

R55 makes a good point. NPH was dragged out, he didn't do it on his own.

by Anonymousreply 6803/03/2013

I'm glad Cooper's out at last.

Doesn't mean I have to throw him a fucking parade.

And neither does GLAAD.

by Anonymousreply 6903/03/2013

And what are the rules r67, that every celeb deserve unquestioning adoration? Your sycophantic celeb worship is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 7003/03/2013

[quote]Neil Patrick Harris is the one who didn't want to come out but was forced to. Where's all the anger for him?

Is NPH also getting an undeserved award from GLAAD? Please provide a link. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 7103/03/2013

Madonna needs some good press. She was allegedly true bitch to poor Ang Lee at an Oscar party.

by Anonymousreply 7203/03/2013

And lets not forget how not long after he was dragged out of the closet, his sleazy open relationship with his shirtless barmaid was exposed in a major newspaper embarrassing gays everywhere. This award is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 7303/03/2013

Is is really so difficult to be happy for the man?

by Anonymousreply 7403/03/2013

[quote]Apparently M and Mr. Lee were both guests at the CAA pre-Oscar reception at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills last Friday, and Madonna was in a mood. ”It was incredible — she stormed around as if a black cloud was following her and then she was gone. Everyone wanted to know what bug got up her arse,” one presumably British onlooker noted. Then it got worse when Lee, Oscar winning director of Brokeback Mountain and Life of Pi and possible nicest man in the world, approached Madonna and introduced himself. “I’m not interested,” the singer reportedly told him. He tried again, and she simply turned her back on him and walked away.

Poor old cunt is so miserable and angry at the world. I don't know why anyone likes her. The Oscar parties probably upset her because it reminds her of the one thing all her money will never be able to buy her - an acting career.

by Anonymousreply 7503/03/2013

Or a directing, writing, or producing career, R75.

by Anonymousreply 7603/03/2013

R74, I guess it is for some of these crazy people. And that's the only reason they can't drop the unhinged anger and resentment of AC, even though he is out. They are crazy. Being out is what counts. Nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 7703/03/2013

[quote]Being out is what counts. Nothing else.

Jeffrey Dahmer was out. No doubt you're an unhinged fan of his work r77. The killing doesn't count in your whacked out view. It only matters that he was out.

by Anonymousreply 7803/03/2013

R78, are you kidding? You sound like a nut. What a stupid statement to make.

by Anonymousreply 7903/03/2013

Clearly R78 is an unhinged, whacked out hater of Anderson Cooper. If he had come out at conception, she'd still hate him.

by Anonymousreply 8003/03/2013

[quote]What a stupid statement to make.

Glad you agree that "Being out is what counts. Nothing else." is really a stupid statement.

We all know that there's a lot more that counts than just being out.

Look at Ken Mehlman. He's out. He also engineered the homophobic Bush campaign along with Karl Rove. Mehlman is out. But it doesn't make up for his past in the slightest.

Yes, the stupid claim that being out is the only thing that counts is something that only a moron could produce. As much as people want Cooper's history to be hidden, it won't be hidden since he's going along with this undeserved GLAAD Award.

by Anonymousreply 8103/03/2013

R78's Dahmer statement is stupid and so is yours R81. AC never worked AGAINST the gay community like Melman. You are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 8203/03/2013

r75, or get her looks back, not that she ever really had any looks, or genuine talent for that matter. Reinventing a look can only work so long.

by Anonymousreply 8303/03/2013

R83 yep it's worked for so long that in 30 years time, Madonna became the biggest selling and most successful female artist in history and in her 50's just completed the #1 grossing tour of 2012 and one of the top 10 tours ever, played to the highest US TV audience of all time with her SuperBowl performance, released an album that went #1 in over 40 countries and sold 1.8 million copies worldwide and became the FIRST ARTISY THIS MILLENNIUM IN THEIR 50'S to score a top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100. SHE HAS NOTHING TO PROVE AMYMORE

by Anonymousreply 8403/03/2013

Shit, "Deeper and Deeper" is about Madonna's cunt.

Actually, it's just "Vogue, part II" because the lazy snatch couldn't come up with anything else.

by Anonymousreply 8503/03/2013

Madonna never bothered with the gays until Lady Gaga started stealing her thunder and promoting gay rights. I may only be 19 but even I can see thru what Madonna is doing now.

by Anonymousreply 8603/03/2013

R86 THAT IS PROBABLY THE DUMBEST STATEMENT I'VE HEARD MY ENTIRE LIFE! Madonna has always been one of the biggest supporters of gay rights causes and ESPECIALLY AIDS research since the 80s, Madonna is one of the biggest gay icons of all time and has lost many gay best friends to the disease like Marty Burgoyne, Herb Ritts, Keith Haring and last but not least Christopher Flynn who was Madonna's mentor after her mom died and pushed her to go to New York to pusue her dream.

Back in the 80s Madonna gave interviews when she talked about her love of gay men

and culture. She also did her first appearances in gay bars.

The difference was when Madonna did it it was rare for a performer to be so pro gay back then.

GAGA COMPLETELY RIPPED OFF MADONNA'S "I LOVE THE GAYS" SCHPIEL. WITH MADONNA IT WAS MORE HONEST AND REAL AS SHE LOST SO MANY CLOSE GAY FRIENDS TO AIDS, WITH FLOPGA IT'S ALL PR. SHE WANTS TO BE MADONNA SO BAD IT'S FUNNY.

by Anonymousreply 8703/03/2013

R86 some Madonna quotes

I love gay men, my ballet teacher who was gay really influenced me to pursue m dreams, I don't know what it is about gay men but I feel like I relate to them more than straight men. 1987

I think every straight guy should have another man's tongue down his mouth at least once. 1991

Don't people realize I'm just a gay man trapped in a woman's body? 1993

I think 2 guys together is extremely hot, I'm tired of society making people feel lesd than human because of what they like sexually, hopefully with my book I can open people's minds. 1992

by Anonymousreply 8803/03/2013

R86. In 1991 Madonna received both the APLA(AIDS project Los Angeles) and AMFAR AWARDS OF COURAGE for her work for AIDS research. In 1992 Madonna received a GLAAD media award for being a gay icon.

In 1999 Madonna and a handful of other celebrities signed a bill and sent it to congress to LEGALIZE gay marraige.

Madonna was one of the first female artists to show male/male sexuality in her art. During her Girlie Show in '93 she had a hot number where 2 of her male dancers were kissing and rubbing on each other.

THAT WAS UNHEARD OF FOR THE TIMR

How come Gaga never has any male/male sexuality in her work? But she has lesbian images. Because she's a fake ass, ugly, manufactured fraud. EVERYTHING SHE'S DOING MADONNA DID IT FIRST

by Anonymousreply 8903/03/2013

and yes, she used us to get ahead culturally, but, then, WHY NOT? She's not a fucking priest or apostle. She had a career to build.

And here's what happened (whether your stomachs can admit this or not): Madge put our agenda ON THE MAP FOR THE MASSES.

Again, YES, she raked in millions (a billion over the years) in part due to her controversial statements, etc. involving "the gays" but SHE STILL PUT OUR AGENDA ON THE MAP FOR THE MASSES.

by Anonymousreply 9003/03/2013

Did you know Madonna has her own Wikipedia page called Madonna as gay icon. I thought that was pretty cool.

The uneducated little monster at R86 should read it.

by Anonymousreply 9103/03/2013

[quote]R78's Dahmer statement is stupid and so is yours R81. AC never worked AGAINST the gay community like Melman. You are an idiot.

Perhaps the idiot is in your mirror, r82. You are the one, at R77 and R64, who claimed "Being out is what counts. Nothing else" and "HE IS OUT. Nothing else matters."

Now you backtrack on that and realize that you must consider Dahmer's history, therefore his just being out isn't the only thing that counts.

You also backtrack on Ken Mehlman and obviously think you have to consider his pro-Bush actions. So his being out isn't the only thing that matters.

At the same time, you expect others to ignore the history of your idol. Only an idiot would expect that. Duh!

You want everyone to completely ignore the fact that Cooper presented the image of gay shame to some and cowardice to others as he sat in his glass closet.

The fact that he finally came out was a positive event BUT to stand for an award as an outstanding gay from GLAAD is totally pathetic and wrong. Consider the thousands of brave gay men and women who came out in the past year who never displayed gay shame. Thousands came out in the past year with no show of cowardice.

Those are the people who deserve our respect; not some guy who fled the country on the day he planned to come out of his glass closet.

by Anonymousreply 9203/03/2013

Madonna is a fake and a phony just like the guy she's presenting a totally undeserved award to. This is why young gays and older gays are so far apart culturally and in just about everything else. You give awards to phoneys because they're rich and on TV, not because of anything they've done and you worship grannies who only exploit us to make more money. For shame.

by Anonymousreply 9303/03/2013

Sue Simmons, who's her gf?

by Anonymousreply 9403/03/2013

This thread needs to be closed. Talk about a melting pot of craziness.

And stop with the all caps. It makes you come across as completely deranged.

by Anonymousreply 9503/03/2013

R86 You are a complete naive moron. Madonna's history with the gays goes back to the beginning of her career, she was with the gays well before her career even started, dumb ass. I say Madonna at the Roxy in NYC , a GAY CLUB, in 1998 for Ray Of Light, and in 2005 for Confessions. That's way before Lady Gaga. I happen to like Gaga but believe me little monster, Madonna has not followed her in any way. But Gaga has followed Madonna. Do some research.

by Anonymousreply 9603/03/2013

I don't remember Madonna saying much about gays until she did Vogue, but then she did start talking about gay rights frequently. Everyone knew she was pro-gay by the early 90s, I considered it pretty significant that it was coming from the #1 female pop star. I eventually grew to hate her, but at the time, the truth is she did help me come out of closet.

by Anonymousreply 9703/03/2013

This is the ONLY thing I love Madonna for...she is the one person that can completely change the discussion on an Anderson Cooper thread to something other than Anderson Cooper!

by Anonymousreply 9803/03/2013

She may be presenting to him, but he only goes gaga over me...

by Anonymousreply 9903/03/2013

They probably asked Janet to present the award first, but like the class act she is, she turned it down.

by Anonymousreply 10003/03/2013

"They probably asked Janet to present the award first, but like the class act she is, she turned it down."

Yeah, she's real classy.

by Anonymousreply 10103/03/2013

R92, you are a fool and need to stop talking.

by Anonymousreply 10203/03/2013

R100, why would they ask Janet when he's friends with Madonna? They didn't ask Janet.

by Anonymousreply 10303/03/2013

[quote] her faux outrage has nothing to do with being out vs being in the closet, as she's only interested in getting people riled up about Cooper

EXACTLY right R104, I saw that after her first couple of posts, she's totally transparent and phony.

by Anonymousreply 10503/03/2013

R104 is 100% right. I'm so sick of phony straight cunts like R92 who come here pretending to be on our side and try to turn us all against one of ours. Fuck you R92, you don't know shit about what it means to be one of those "thousands of brave gay men and women who came out in the past year who never displayed gay shame", so don't you dare using them as weapons against someone who's actually out and who's been doing a lot of reports on LGBT stories over the years. Where is your anger and outrage when it comes to those gay public figures who still are in the closet, like Robin Roberts, David Muir, Shepard Smith, Kevin Spacey, John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Condoleeza Rice, etc...? Of course you're not interested in discussing these and others because you couldn't give a fuck about what it means to be gay and out. This is because you're in fact a homophobic cunt who can't stand the fact that AC is out, so you come here pretending to be on our sides so that you can attack him in the hope that others will join you. Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10603/03/2013

Preach it R106!

by Anonymousreply 10703/03/2013

[quote]don't you dare using them as weapons against someone who's actually out and who's been doing a lot of reports on LGBT stories over the years.

You forgot to admit that he was doing his "LGBT stories over the years" from a glass closet, thus broadcasting his gay shame. For years, he was too much of a coward to come out but now, after years of broadcasting his gay shame and cowardice you expect us to genuflect before your silly Cooper altar because he finally was dragged out of the closet? Sorry, Mary. He's got too much history for intelligent people to ignore. It takes a real moron to pretend that a very disturbing glass closet wasn't featured on a national cable channel. Take your blinders off, snookums.

For the last few years, R106, you and your Andergurlfriends were pushing the baloney that he really was out along with "everyone knows." Then he exploded your blatant lies last summer when he finally had a friend publish a coming out document during his absense from the country. So now you expect people to praise that cowardly act (he didn't have the guts to face the media and ran away to Europe) as if he's some gay god we should worship.

You can rant and rave that HE'S OUT! until the end of time but you can't erase his sordid history as a gay coward.

Interesting how you and your ilk have to keep bringing up other closeted people, using them as weapons in an attempt to deflect attention from your tarnished idol. It's obvious that you'll stomp on any gay people, in or out, if it helps hide Cooper's past.

by Anonymousreply 10803/03/2013

[quote]In 1999 Madonna and a handful of other celebrities signed a bill and sent it to congress to LEGALIZE gay marraige.

And the very next year, she defended Eminem and said it was OK for him to have anti-gay lyrics and also married known homophobe Guy Bitchie.

She flip-flops back and forth all the time. Don't trust her. Even people in her own family don't like her, which says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 10903/03/2013

R108 is simply CRAZY.

Anderson is OUT. Your rants are idiotic. The only thing that matters is one more gay man who is OUT. I will KEEP repeating it. HE IS OUT and YOU are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 11003/03/2013

Andrew Sullivan pressured him to come out...the ONLY reason he did it.

Anderson Cooper's a piece of freeper shit.

by Anonymousreply 11103/04/2013

110..YOU sound nuts, Mary. It's not 'the only thing that matters.' Maybe to a self-loathing person like you. But not to others. He was practically forced out and only came out because Sullivan forced him. I won't deride him for finally coming out, but I won't treat him like some hero either. That's RIDICULOUS. That's what people here are responding to...Cooper being awarded for coming out, like it was some heroic act. It's absurd.

I'm glad he's finally out. But he was a coward, and is certainly NO hero. Far from it.

by Anonymousreply 11203/04/2013

What makes you think that Andrew Sullivan forced Anderson to come out, R112? That is the most stupid thing I've ever heard on the subject. Boy the AC-hating stalkers on DL are really crazy...

Meanwhile, I love how selective you are in your denunciation of the glass closet. Pretty much everyone gets a free pass from you except Anderson. Can you explain your irrational need to attack him thread after thread?

by Anonymousreply 11303/04/2013

[quote]Can you explain your irrational need to attack him thread after thread?

I don't think R112 has the answer to that question. In order to answer this, she would need to have perspective on her own insanity, an ability which clearly she lacks completely.

by Anonymousreply 11403/04/2013

[quote]That's what people here are responding to...Cooper being awarded for coming out, like it was some heroic act.

It takes a modicum of intellignce to understand that fact, however, it's beyond what the self-loathing R104, R106, R110, R113, and R114 can comprehend. They're morons who will continue their attempts to obliterate the cowardly machinations of Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 11503/04/2013

If you think anything R112 says is "intelligent" you are not qualified to even comment here or anywhere else for that matter.

[quote]That's what people here are responding to...Cooper being awarded for coming out, like it was some heroic act.

First of all, he's getting the award for the work he's done over the years. According to some of you, Don Lemon merely coming out IN A BOOK is some kind of heroic act so some of you are big hypocrites in addition to being ignorant idiots with an ax to grind.

R112, YOU are sick AND a fool. HE IS OUT. YOU ARE CRAZY and you need to face it in addition to facing a shrink ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 11603/04/2013

[quote]Pretty much everyone gets a free pass from you except Anderson. Can you explain your irrational need to attack him thread after thread?

THIS. It's just the unhinged anti-AC troll trying to pretend she has a real LGBT issue with Anderson when the REAL problem is her insane love/hate/obsession with him and starting multiple AC threads that trash him on a regular basis is how she gets off.

by Anonymousreply 11703/04/2013

r117 The anti-AC troll may be unhinged, but what I don't understand is why you feel the need to be the White Knight,"calling him/her out" in EVERY thread he or she starts? This only leads to a back-and-forth between the two of you, which results in constant bumping of a thread that you apparently find offensive. How about "not feeding the troll" and let the thread die, or just ignore the thread and let the anti-ACers talk amongst themselves?

by Anonymousreply 11803/04/2013

I have no dog in this hunt. However, it is just a silly GLAAD award. It doesn't really mean anything other than giving GLAAD and Anderson some publicity. Maybe Anderson was doing all of his good works for the community in secret? Who knows? This is just another example of how gay leadership is losing touch with what's really important and who is really doing all of the important work.

by Anonymousreply 11903/04/2013

R118, no one's trying to be a white night, but why let the trolls lie and not challenge them. I'm not going to do that. You're just saying let them say whatever without anyone pointing out where they are wrong. There's a difference between someone who has a legitimate complaint about AC and someone who pretends to in order to get others to trash him on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 12003/04/2013

I stopped sending money to GLAAD years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12103/04/2013

I'm with R120 on this one. I see no reason why a small but very vocal minority of trolls should be allowed to hijack every single AC threads with their lies and irrational love/hate relationship with Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 12203/04/2013

GaGa fans are shitting a small furry kitten out of their Artpop arses because they're angry Mother Monster wasn't asked. These dumbass Little Monsters are claiming Madge is responsible for AIDS.

Fuckin' idiots, the lot of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 12303/06/2013

Those folks are crazy R123, that is just insane.

by Anonymousreply 12403/07/2013

Madonna has exploited the gay community as much as she's helped it, carrying on like her lily-white millionaire ass is some sort of legendary child when it's the queens on the street (the ones who came up with the moves she ripped off) who deserve real fucking bravery awards. Seriously, who gives a shit about these wannabes? I've known whores & junkies who've been volunteers and activists for years, decades even, and they're not getting any awards.

by Anonymousreply 12503/07/2013

If people aren't happy with who GLAAD honors, maybe someone should come up with an award that recognizes these other people that R125 talks about. Meanwhile Anderson deserves his award from GLAAD.

by Anonymousreply 12603/07/2013

I'm no Skagdonna fan, but for Gaga's fans throwing hysterical tantrums and claiming she's responsible for AIDS? Now THAT'S fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 12703/07/2013

[quote]Andrew Sullivan pressured him to come out...the ONLY reason he did it.

You're probably right. Coming out through Sullivan's blog also gave him a chance to get out of the country and avoid the media.

How much Vanderbilt money went to GLAAD in order to purchase this award?

by Anonymousreply 12803/07/2013

Shut up with your bullshit R128.

by Anonymousreply 12903/07/2013

Why all the anger R129? Have you considered a course in anger management? Is it so horrendously upsetting to you that people are aware how Coop left the country when he came out? Take your meds, snookums.

by Anonymousreply 13003/07/2013

The only ones who need meds are you R130 and the idiots who agree with you (your multiple personalities that is). Speaking of meds, seems you've forgotten YOURS for decades.

by Anonymousreply 13103/07/2013

You seem to be seething with anger r131. Chill, snookums!

by Anonymousreply 13203/07/2013

You're projecting R132, relax Max.

by Anonymousreply 13303/07/2013

R132 wrote half of the comments on this thread (all negative, of course). She's a very familiar voice on the AC threads. She's a prisoner of her own sick mind, unable to move on from her love-hate relationship with Anderson. I almost feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 13403/07/2013

It's Ben's bf from Central Park.

by Anonymousreply 13503/07/2013

They couldn't sell tickets at 500 a pop so they had to haul out that gash to prop up sales. Would you pay 500 bucks to see AC and those ass piratess known as the Beekman Boys

by Anonymousreply 13603/07/2013

Anyone who uses the term SNOOKUMS is someone you want to stay away from. Crazy MF, drowning in lonliness. Eric, Dylan and R132

by Anonymousreply 13703/07/2013

I really don't understand the bizarre sycophantic defense of Cooper on these boards by a few disturbed individuals. He's a wealthy one-percenter,and clearly a conservative in some respects. He was an absolute coward, in terms of coming out. A complete coward. Giving him an award for it is absolutely ridiculous. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 13803/07/2013

I liked Anderson until this last campaign. His behavior sickened me. I don't see how anyone could defend him. The closet thing is one thing, but the way he acted during the presidential campaign was just unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 13903/07/2013

[quote]I really don't understand the bizarre sycophantic defense of Cooper on these boards by a few disturbed individuals.

It's not a "few." There must be at least five.

by Anonymousreply 14003/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 14103/07/2013

R121 I don't blame you. It seems like all they do is spend the money to throw parties for celebs.

by Anonymousreply 14203/07/2013

The only thing bizarre in these AC threads is the troll who always starts them because she needs an outlet for her crazy love-hate obsession with him. She can't function unless DL is hating on him and she can't function without him.

R134 and R137 are correct. R134, DO NOT waste time feeling sorry for the troll, she doesn't deserve any sympathy, she needs a psychiatric intervention.

Anderson, however, DESERVES his GLAAD award and more. He is not a coward, he is an out gay man. AC isn't the first person to come out late in life, and not THAT late to begin with. If he's the ONLY one being criticized for that, then the criticism is BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 14303/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.