Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Corey Stall From 'House of Cards'

From the print edition of the March 8, 2013 [italic]Entertainment Weekly[/italic]....

As the boozy and promiscuous Philadelphia politician Peter Russo on Netflix’s drama, the 36-year-old actor is the breakout of a starry cast that includes heavyweights Kevin Spacey and Robin Penn. “I was really lucky,” says Stoll. “Every scene there was something really fun to do, something juicy, either incredibly exciting or sexy or drug-fueled or depressing.”

Being part of Netflix’s first original scripted series meant working with a highly pedigreed creative team, led by executive producer David Fincher ([italic]The Social Network[/italic]). “It really felt like a big-budget film in the ‘70s,” says Stoll, whose most notable credit before [italic]Cards[/italic] was playing Ernest Hemingway in Woody Allen’s [italic]Midnight in Paris[/italic]. The directors, he says, are actually quite similar. “What unites them and makes them great directors is they have such a clear vision of what they want. You don’t feel like you’re just throwing things out into the ether. That’s a great partner for an actor to have.”

There’s only one downside to this new gig. Nude scenes and delicious catering don’t mix. Barbecued ribs, a favorite of Kevin Spacey’s devilish politician Francis Underwood, became a regular offscreen treat for the actors as well. “Once a week they would have ribs [on set],” Stoll says. “I didn’t have them because I was starving myself so I could be nude on camera.” [italic]—Tim Stack[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 2803/23/2014

STOLL, not Stall. He was also in the entire (short) run of "Law and Order:LA".

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

It was a typo, R1.

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 303/02/2013

Stoll is one of those lucky men who can carry off an incredibly sexy beard or just a 'stache.

He was so sexy on L&O: LA and later as Hemmingway in Midnight in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 403/02/2013

Barbequed ribs onscreen and offscreen -- so that's how Kevin Spacey became so fat.

by Anonymousreply 503/02/2013

He's really hot and shows his hot ass on House of Cards.

by Anonymousreply 603/02/2013

He was astonishingly amazing on this. As brilliant as Spacey and Wright were/are, his is the performance I will truly never forget. Superb. He's sure to win every award imaginable later this year, I'd think. What a great show.

That being said, I found it sort of jarring to see how unflattering the filming of his last episode was considering he seems so lithe, but whatever. I guess DL would call him "fit-fat" with his belly hanging over his pants in some shots, yet reclined on the bed he had an obvious six-pack. Odd. HD is nobody's friend I guess.

He is incredibly charismatic and sexy, though. I wish he would be back for season two, but...

by Anonymousreply 703/03/2013

Very handsome in Midnight In Paris. A bit Sarsgaard-y. Gay right? But he's 36? I thought a few years older, but then the bald makes it hard to tell.

by Anonymousreply 803/03/2013

Not conventionally handsome but hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 903/03/2013

Pics of nude scenes? I fell in love with him in Midnight in Paris. (He shoulda been nominated for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar.)

by Anonymousreply 1003/03/2013

He is HOT. Loved him in L&O LA, and in Midnight in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 1203/17/2013

He just finished filming a thriller called "Non-Stop" with Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore, Michelle Dockery and Anson Mount.

by Anonymousreply 1303/17/2013

Gay, is he?

by Anonymousreply 1403/17/2013

Sorry boys, quite straight. Happily involved with a NY actress.

by Anonymousreply 1503/17/2013

Hot body in house of cards.

by Anonymousreply 1603/17/2013

So hot.

by Anonymousreply 1703/17/2013

his ass work

by Anonymousreply 1803/17/2013

Fabulous body. Just watching House of Cards for the first time, and his back is a work of art--however, it's ridiculously muscular for a congressman (even Aaron Schock and Paul Ryan aren't as well built as this guy).

by Anonymousreply 1909/24/2013

Did he get nominated for anything/win anything? His HoC performance was a standout

by Anonymousreply 2009/24/2013

Stoll was not nominated, though I agree that he should have been. He was great in HOC. And he's hot as fuck.

Another hottie, Bobby Cannavale, won for Boardwalk Empire.

by Anonymousreply 2109/24/2013

He plays a gay creep in C.O.G.

Still sexy, though.

by Anonymousreply 2209/24/2013

Bobby Cannavale may be phsically fit, but he is NOT a hottie--his absolute lack of acting ability and his obnoxiousness on screen count against the nice abs and arms.

by Anonymousreply 2309/24/2013

How was he not nominated and Robin Wright was??She nailed her role but it was nothing amazing.

Cannavale is a one trick pony

by Anonymousreply 2409/24/2013

TWO Emmys, muthafucka @ R26.

Bite me.

by Anonymousreply 2509/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 2603/23/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!