Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Good guys finish last?

Recent events in my life have proven just because someone is good or wants to be good does mean they will survive.

by Anonymousreply 1603/02/2013

Yes, all those cancer deaths could be prevented. If only they were good people they would have survived.

by Anonymousreply 103/01/2013

Good people claim that virtue trumps money, yet they seem to question that when confronted with the logical outcome of this belief.

Being good is supposed to be its own reward. Anyone who believes this will have that belief tested constantly.

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2013

Oh, God, no. They don't finish last, well, not always.

But they don't always finish first.

by Anonymousreply 303/01/2013

Good is a point of view, Anakin. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power.

by Anonymousreply 403/01/2013

Welcome to adulthood, sad to say.

by Anonymousreply 503/01/2013

R4, you aren't even remotely funny, no matter how many threads you post that photo in.

We don't want to see you eating dinner.

by Anonymousreply 603/01/2013

I've always considered myself "good". I'm just a plain ole nice guy at heart. And I have been fucked over and over because of it. I've always felt like luck was not on my side.

Of course, I say this while sitting at my breakfast bar on my Mac in a beautiful penthouse condo and sitting next to my partner of 15 years.

So, while I feel like the world has always been against me....I cannot complain (at 40 years old).

Keep being a good guy OP. It might just pay off

by Anonymousreply 703/01/2013

OP, you are both shallow and dull. This is like Bizarro Reader's Digest thinking.

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2013

The correct expression is "NICE guys finish last."

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2013

True. Nice and Good are not at all the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 1003/02/2013

R7 is not as good as he thinks he is...

by Anonymousreply 1103/02/2013

"A gentleman always finds himself in dire straits. The small man, finding himself there, will throw over all restraint." – Confucius

by Anonymousreply 1203/02/2013

OP, is your opening sentence horribly phrased or just wrong? It feels like it should say: “Recent events in my life have proven just because someone is good or wants to be good doesN’T mean they will survive.”

You could also do with introducing the occasional comma.

by Anonymousreply 1303/02/2013

Life has proven to me that no good deed goes unpunished. Seriously, the worst people in the world have the best happen to them good people get shit on in every way.

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013

See OP, R13 proved you just got shit on again.

by Anonymousreply 1503/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!