Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Comcast Customer Service

It appears as if they're only hiring illiterate douches with 3rd grade educations.

I had to talk to 3 different people to get help.

by Anonymousreply 2103/02/2013

I did not click on the above link from Russia. Is that the poop pic?

by Anonymousreply 103/01/2013

I use their online chat; that way,I don't have to talk to an idiot. I'd much rather deal with a 'bot with canned responses(scripted) who takes care of my issues and then signs off.

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2013

Oh have they upgraded to third graders? I might have to give it another try.

by Anonymousreply 303/01/2013

I called on Christmas Eve and got a woman who wished me Merry Christmas. I asked her where she was and she said the Philippines. Comcast recently laid off west coast employees and off shored. What a bunch of assholes.

by Anonymousreply 403/01/2013

Comcast contracts mean nothing. I had one for 2 yrs. service $59 the first year, $79 the next. Internet + phone. After 3 months, the rate went from the 59 to 100. I understood the bill would include modem rental and taxes. I tried to get a modem of my own but, no surprise, Comcast failed to tell me it had to meet their requirements. After reading an exhausting list of comcast approved modems, I could not find one vendor who sold them.

So, I call to complain about the bill going from 59 to 100. Get apologies all around. One person said they'd fix it. Second, third same story. Finally, fourth suggested I opt for a non blast internet. Hey, it's not different than the blast and I'd be charged the $59. It's not the same, I get dropped from the net all the time.

Comcast did not live up to their contract. I even contacted BBB.

by Anonymousreply 503/01/2013

100% true and I'm leaving out some...

They have a new On-Demand Service called Streampix that premiered in January. I subscribe to the Triple Play. It comes free with that. Every time I tried to access, it said I had to subscribe.

I went down to the local office and they pushed some buttons and on my way. Get home not only does Streampix not work, my DVR service was turned off, couldn't even access my saved movies. Call, they fix, but say I need a new box to get Streampix.

Ok off to the local office with old DVR and get newer one. Not new, my area is using ten year old boxes with no upgrades expected. Set up and still no Streampix. Two days later the receiver box dies completely.

Called and they said a tech HAS to come, but won't be there for three days. Day comes and I swear, he took seven boxes off the truck to get a working one. One had a bad card, one the connector in the back was loose and had to taken apart to fix, and on and on. Finally a supervisor comes with a box from his truck. Set up and what do you know NO Streampix.

Then the tech says it must be in the billing department. After an hour on the phone he gets it straightened out and look!! Streampix. They were here for three hours. Ten minutes after they leave the DVR service is turned off again. Have to call.

Next night watching TV and the receiver freezes. I reboot and reboot and finally call and they send a signal and all's well. Hang up and the DVR service is turned off again.

Go to pay bill online and it's forty dollars more than before. Remember, I just exchanged one box no upgrades or downgrades and I have the service contract so no charge for house call. I call again, "Oh sorry, we'll fix it" and I swear, five minutes after the call, the DVR service is cut off again. Every time they go into my account they turn off the DVR and nobody knows why.

This went on for two weeks in January but I got free Pay-Per View for the trouble. Yeah! Go to pay February's bill and it is a negative $150. No reason on the bill at all but I'm not stupid enough to think they credited my account because they like me. I stop by the office and they say well that's wrong, every time you called someone in billing changed something. So I pay the exact I've always paid and on my way. Of course when I got home, yup, the DVR service is off.

So now tonight I go online to pay and the bill is once again $40 more. call, they say sorry, type type type Ok bye and sure enough....

Now what was the question?

by Anonymousreply 603/01/2013

Cable just isnt't worth it

by Anonymousreply 703/01/2013

They suck ass, and there's no reason for them to do otherwise because in most areas, it's them or DirectTV, which is equally as bad or pointless, or AT&T U-Verse, which makes Comcast's customer service look like concierge handling.

I think once our intro contract is done in October we'll drop cable altogether.

by Anonymousreply 803/01/2013

I'm reading Susan Crawford's "Captive Audience" and it details a litany of charges against Comcast.

The only way we'll ever kill Comcast is to put someone in charge of the FCC that understand the evil that is Comcast. Perhaps an engineering type and not a fucking attorney.

by Anonymousreply 903/01/2013

I was trying to upgrade my DVR box to the version with the bigger hard drive. The first 2 reps didn't have clue what I was talking about and kept going on and on about how my box was the only box that they carry. That is when I asked for a manager. At least the manager knew what I was talking about, but they didn't stock those boxes so I had to call Comcast and they are shipping the type of box that I want.

by Anonymousreply 1003/01/2013

Comcast has Customer Service?

This will come as news to its customers.

by Anonymousreply 1103/01/2013

Send an email to and include: Name on Account, Service Address, Phone Number, and Account Number. Then describe your problem. Leave all of the threats and editorial comments out of your email. Give them an objective rundown of the issues you experienced and let them come back to you. I had a series of problems with the install and set up when I moved. The tech lied about missing the first install appointment, the second tech didn’t get everything working, and then features stopped working after a couple of weeks. Sending my info to this email address bumped it up to their “executive customer service” team, and that guy was great in resolving everything on the first try. I also got the install charges refunded. They are a terrible company with a terrible product, but it’s much more tolerable now that everything works. I had Fios before and miss it terribly.

by Anonymousreply 1203/01/2013

Cox Cable is far, far worse. After 1/2 hr on hold, they always disconnect you.

by Anonymousreply 1303/01/2013

Christ, I will never complain about Time Warner Cable again.

by Anonymousreply 1403/01/2013

I'm calling to cancel them tomorrow.

I've had them for 8 years. Started with cable and internet. Had nothing but problems for several years. Dumped the TV portion and switched to satellite.

Still had problems with the internet. They've given me 3 different modems, Didn't help.

A few weeks ago the local telco was going around the neighborhood since they just put in fiber and were offering a deal. Thought I'd give it a try. It's really fast and have had no issues.

It's going to be a pain since I've had the same e-mail address for 8 years, but saving $40 a month and faster service is worth giving it up.

by Anonymousreply 1503/02/2013

On the rare occasion you get a competent one, it is heaven.

by Anonymousreply 1603/02/2013

{quote]lliterate douches with 3rd grade educations.

Considering you're an illiterate douche with a 2nd grade education, it should work out well.

by Anonymousreply 1703/02/2013

Too stupid to read a contract BEFORE they sign.

by Anonymousreply 1803/02/2013

It's not real fiber which is fiber to the connection.

It's fiber to the neighborhood then copper.

by Anonymousreply 1903/02/2013

I got so infuriated about my internet and on demand connection failing around the same time each month.

I have continued to have the problem and every time the company blames it on me and schedules a service call. Then magically the problem resolves itself in 48 hours and an automated message calls canceling my service call.

At one point, when it crashed during a serious crunch time while I was completing a project, I called to let the guy have it. I listed off every ridiculous question/step he intended on walking me through, told him what the results would be and how he would tell me to continue, right up to the scheduling/ canceling of the service call. He responded to stunned silence and then asked me if I had previously worked for Comcast.

I finally spoke to someone it the upper-eschelon of CS, who read through the year long notations on my file, who said it was a systemic problem, but still couldn't fix it. What a bunch of fuckwits! And no I don't believe your sorry for my inconvenience!

by Anonymousreply 2003/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!