Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Frankie Goes to Hollywood, "Welcome to the Pleasuredome"

This album (actually a imported expanded special edition) came up on my iTunes earlier this evening and brought back memories of the 1980s. It's strange to think that 2014 will be the 30th anniversary of it's release. It holds up relatively well, still catchy in parts while obviously dated in others (e.g. the Ronald Reagan impersonation/intro to "War"). FGTH was definitely a studio band and had little success beyond this their first album but what an album. Anyone else have memories of the 80s, especially Frankie and this album?

by Frankie Say... No Morereply 503/03/2013

Relax, OP.

I was mesmerized by that song when it came out, and it was great on the dance floor when it got played.

by Frankie Say... No Morereply 103/01/2013

I remember seeing the original (banned) video for Relax back in 1984 while in junior high. Even by the standards of today's TV it still seems very risque in its portrayal of hardcore gay sexuality. Thinking back to that time only highlights how safe and conservative the popular culture has become.

by Frankie Say... No Morereply 203/01/2013

It's strange to think that 2014 will be the 30th anniversary of it's release. [quote]

Oh, dear.

by Frankie Say... No Morereply 303/01/2013

Loved it and was shocked at how "in your face" it was regarding homosexuality. I just downloaded it to sing karaoke on my xbox.

by Frankie Say... No Morereply 403/01/2013

bumping in response to the Pet Shop Boys/Erasure thread

by Frankie Say... No Morereply 503/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.