Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Boy Meets Girl "Waiting for a Star to Fall"

Such a joyful, exuberant song. Love it!

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2014

It's about anal sex. Or maybe about shattered Chinese breasts? I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 103/01/2013

Such a guilty pleasure. The rest of that album was so forgettable though. No wonder they never had another hit.

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2013

They wrote Whitney's "How Will I Know" for Janet originally, and they also wrote "I Wanna Dance With Somebody".

by Anonymousreply 303/01/2013

How will I know

If he's got his food stamps

If he's suffering from sickle cell

How can I tell, if he really is straight

I try to phone, but I'm too gay

Can't wait

My food bill's high, that's why I'm a mooch

How will I know

by Anonymousreply 403/02/2013

Love this song! It just played over the end credits of Three Men and a Little Lady, which is on cable.

by Anonymousreply 509/28/2014

"Not so splendid as YOUR mighty erections I imagine! Did I frighten you?" "I was expecting Mary, that's all." "Ah, yes - little Mary. A delightful if somewhat willful child? She'll make an excellent Pileforth student."

by Anonymousreply 609/28/2014

Tom Selleck is so gorgeous. It's as if God said "I shall now make a male who will grow up to become the definition of handsome."

by Anonymousreply 709/28/2014

I loved this song when I was a sappy young gay.

by Anonymousreply 809/28/2014

Old BF made me a mix tape and this song was included.

Like the song, but the guy was a flake.

by Anonymousreply 909/28/2014

This song is about a couple on the edge of a breakup (songwriters/performers were going through their own relationship turmoil). The lyrics are break-up lyrics but the melodies are upbeat.

One of the songwriters said this about the song-- "It's a lament for what appears to be unattainable to you".

Great song.

by Anonymousreply 1009/28/2014

They were on the TOTP2 rerun they show on BBC iplayer a few weeks ago. I never knew they wrote several Whitney Houston's hits.

by Anonymousreply 1109/28/2014
Need more help? Click Here.