Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think President Obama will make a televised statement about Bonnie Franklin's death?

A nation grieves, and we have no one to lead us in our mourning.

This is like when Diana died. Mr. president, show us you care!

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2013

Since this morning's dreadful news we have seen, throughout the United States and around the world, an overwhelming expression of sadness at Bonnie Franklin's death.

We have all been trying in our different ways to cope. It is not easy to express a sense of loss, since the initial shock is often succeeded by a mixture of other feelings: disbelief, incomprehension, anger - and concern for those who remain. We have all felt those emotions in these last few days. So what I say to you now, as your president and as a father, I say from my heart.

First, I want to pay tribute to Bonnie myself. She was an exceptional and gifted human being. In good times and bad, she never lost her capacity to smile and shout, "Dammit!", nor to inspire others with her feistiness and hot temper.

I admired and respected her - for her energy and commitment to others, and especially for her devotion to her two television daughters. This weekend at Camp David, we have all been trying to help Mackenzie and Valerie come to terms with the devastating loss that they and the rest of us have suffered.

No-one who knew Bonnie will ever forget her. Millions of others who never met her, but felt they knew her, will remember her. I for one believe there are lessons to be drawn from her life and from the extraordinary and moving reaction to her death. I share in your determination to cherish her memory.

by Anonymousreply 103/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2013

But I DON'T care.

by Anonymousreply 403/02/2013

Will that drug addict father fucker fall off the wagon?

by Anonymousreply 503/02/2013

Only if the Romanos were black. Then he'd say something like, "As the father of two daughters myself..." and wipe away a non-existent tear.

Total fake.

by Anonymousreply 603/02/2013

"...who saw laughing and tried to cry it, saw nipples and tried to reveal them, saw Julie and tried to damn her..."

by Anonymousreply 703/02/2013

Cries "DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!"

Smashes presidential bunch bowl to floor.

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.