Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oprah's diet show was her number one show of all time!

[quote]#1: Diet Dreams Come True (November 15, 1988)

[quote]In what became a milestone moment in pop culture history, Oprah rolled out a little red wagon loaded with 67 pounds of fat—equal to her weight loss success at the time.

I just went through the list of her top 25 shows and this was number one!

I can't get my head around it, quite frankly.

People cared THAT much about Oprah's weight?

Does this make sense to anyone here?

Link is to the list of all twenty five top Oprah shows.

Also interesting is how many of them were pre-1994

by Anonymousreply 603/01/2013

Here's #25 just in case you're interested in looking at the list the other way round.

by Anonymousreply 103/01/2013

It makes sense that the majority of the listed favorites are pre 94'. Before Oprah became a sycophant celebrity ass kisser.

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2013

The media landscape was completely different in 1988. Not much competition. The same for anything pre-1994 and before the internet and 5 million cable channels.

by Anonymousreply 303/01/2013

Losing 60-some pounds isn't even impressive anymore, with two-ton wonders on reality shows.

by Anonymousreply 403/01/2013

I bet she wishes she still had that wagonload of fat around now.

by Anonymousreply 503/01/2013

And, OP, it was a bunch of BS in a way - was a crash - liquid - diet; she gained it all back and MORE shortly after. Not her fault, really; crash diets are usually (not always) like that. I lost 86 pounds in 4 months from (a) being hospitalized, (b) Lasix (prescribed)(diuretic); ended up fainting twice in a week, hallucinating(!) and being hospitalized 2 more times in 2 months; also fucked up my kidneys a bit.

Over the next years: Gained it all back and 40 more. Sigh. Too good to be true. However, I know that crash diets DO work for some people.

by Anonymousreply 603/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!