Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How would you gut renivate this classic NYC apartment.

After you plotted the murder of the rent controlled tenant what would you do to this upper west side apt. See floor plan at link.

by holysmokesreply 803/17/2013

I forgot to mention the apt is an investment property for $389,000 and the tenant pay $554.00 a month. I would guess they've been living there since the 1950's

I'd combine the bedroom next to the living room to make one big living area. The bedroom next to the kitchen I would make a formal dinning room.

by holysmokesreply 103/01/2013

I did a reverse lookup on the address. If internet records are correct the current tenants are in their 40s, which means any potential buyers won't be moving in anytime soon.

by holysmokesreply 203/01/2013

[quote]After you plotted the murder of the rent controlled tenant...

Although you say that as a joke, these real estate ads with rent controlled tenants really are tempting someone to commit murder. A buyer could easily make an instant $1M profit if the tenant were dead.

by holysmokesreply 303/01/2013

by holysmokesreply 403/02/2013

I'd improve my spelling before I worried about renovating the apartment.

by holysmokesreply 503/02/2013

This is why rent control is ruining cities. If the free market prevailed, people would invest in IMPROVING housing.

by holysmokesreply 603/02/2013

Hasn't there already been at least one case of a rent control tenant being murdered?

by holysmokesreply 703/02/2013

by holysmokesreply 803/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!