Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ann Romney still ain't over it.

Chris Wallace On Mitt Romney Interview: Former Candidate 'Obviously Thinks He Made Some Mistakes' (VIDEO)

Chris Wallace recently scored Mitt and Ann Romney's first interview since the 2012 election, and is speaking about their reactions to losing in a preview of the exchange.

Romney was described as "shellshocked" in the immediate aftermath of his loss to President Obama, and has maintained a relative low profile since November. Wallace's interview with the Romneys will air on "Fox News Sunday."

In a preview, Wallace told Politico's Patrick Gavin that Ann feels the pain of the loss.

"I'd say he is in a better place than she is," Wallace said, reflecting on the interview. "Not to say she’s bitter — and she enjoys her life. Look, they live on the beach, north of San Diego and a bunch of their grandkids are around. You know, they’ve got a pretty great life. But she I think feels the pain and the what-ifs and the hurt more than he does. And it comes through in the interview. There’s a lot of emotion that comes through in the interview, and she’s more open about it — the ‘what might have been."

The Fox News host said that Romney "obviously thinks he made some mistakes," but is "very defensive and very supportive of his campaign." He also said Romney pointed to a liberal media bias and a "long and expensive" primary battle as factors in the loss, but described the former candidate as "at ease" and "serene about it."

In the interview, Romney compared the experience to being on a roller coaster. "We were on a roller coaster, exciting and thrilling, ups and downs. But the ride ends," he said. "And then you get off. And it's not like, oh, can't we be on a roller coaster the rest of our life? It's like, no, the ride's over."

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 7303/02/2013

Annie, dear...

Dial 1-800-555-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Like we care how you (and the robot) feel...

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 103/01/2013

Religious people are often like children writing Santa. They're so certain God heard them and will make their dreams come, and are bewildered when it doesn't happen.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 203/01/2013

Asking God for something...some times the answer is no.

Guess it was in this case.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 303/01/2013

Bonnie Franklin's death has really affected me. I read the topic line as "Ann Romano still ain't over it."

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 403/01/2013

Why are they living in a BLUE state?

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 503/01/2013

Wallace: "Ann roams the aisles of her local Costco wondering why voters didn't like her."

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 603/01/2013

They should have Cher appear with her on a TV talk show in order to slap her and tell her to snap out of it.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 703/01/2013

Who?

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 803/01/2013

No shit!!!

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 903/01/2013

It's always harder on the wives. Rosalynn Carter was particularly bitter about her husband's loss. One exception was probably Barbara Bush. She was too steely to be upset.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 1003/01/2013

California is closer to Utah, than New Hampshire or Massachusetts.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 1103/01/2013

I imagine she's wandering the cold empty halls of her mansion in an unwashed robe and house slippers, drink in one hand and hair disheveled, mumbling to herself... "you people.. yoouuuuu people! YOUUUUUU PEEEEOPLE!!!!"

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 1203/01/2013

They really thought that White Horse Prophecy bullshit was real. I can't wait for the behind the scenes tell-alls to start telling.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 1303/01/2013

Boo fucking hoo, bitch! You lost, now go away.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 1403/01/2013

[quote] she's a Mormon. She wouldn't have a drink. Are you really that stupid?

You're the idiot if you think some mormons don't drink. Fucking asshole.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 1603/01/2013

I eat shit.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 1803/01/2013

Is that you fingering yourself, Ann/R17?

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 1903/01/2013

[quote]Bonnie Franklin's death has really affected me. I read the topic line as "Ann Romano still ain't over it."

So did I, r4.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2003/01/2013

Ann did it! Ann did it!

SHITTY LITTLE ANN!

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2103/01/2013

Yes because no one ever does stuff at home their religion bans.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2203/01/2013

"And then you get off. And it's not like, oh, can't we be on a roller coaster the rest of our life? It's like, no, the ride's over."

Kinda like that elevator you had installed for your CAR, after you vetoed funds for two ADA-accessible elevators in Mass. public buildings.

Karma's a bitch, Mor(m)on.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2303/01/2013

Tough shit, Ann.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2403/01/2013

What ever happened to losing with grace and dignity? However we conduct ourselves in private,acting this way is an unseemly embarrassment. This guy was seriously considered to be worthy of the presidency,at least by the people who voted for him. These two clueless fools will continue to act like the craven low life's they've always been. It's slightly interesting to watch them reveal what's behind the masks they've been holding over their faces.

It feels good when what's right triumphs. It feels really good.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2503/01/2013

Ann/es really do be crazy...don't they?

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2603/01/2013

My Mom's an AnnE and she's a fucking loon.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2703/01/2013

"Romney was described as "shellshocked" in the immediate aftermath of his loss"

The sense that both Romney & his campaign operated in some alternate universe continues apace.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2803/01/2013

Stop it!! This is hard!!

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 2903/01/2013

[quote] And then you get off. And it's not like, oh, can't we be on a roller coaster the rest of our life? It's like, no, the ride's over.

Tell me about it. It was just like that time that Mitt put me on the roof of his car, and I ended up messing myself all over that plastic crate I was in. Good times.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3003/01/2013

Anne's not hurting anywhere near as much as we would be if Mittens had won, so fuck her.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3103/01/2013

Sorry, I'm not feeling any sympathy for this detestable, privileged bitch.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3203/01/2013

R17 is priceless. I assumed it was a troll, but that alternate universe is still intact, so who knows?

As far as the Romneys being surprised, just recall that they spend their entire lives in a make-believe world of personal planets, eternal marriages, magic plates and Eden being in northern Missouri. That bubble has the toughness of elephant hide.

And what a disgusting, entitled, foolish, shallow, uneducated, closed-minded, lunatic bunch of phony, arrogant, paternalistic and rich assholes these people are.

Yes, R17 - if you're real, do take a big bite.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3303/01/2013

Çuntress Ann, entitlement defined.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3403/01/2013

[quote]One exception was probably Barbara Bush. She was too steely to be upset.

Bar doesn't get mad, she gets even.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3503/01/2013

When Fox is the highest rated news network, and NBC was the all-Romney network, how can one say that their is liberal bias?

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3603/01/2013

Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the cuntiest Anne of all?

Why, it USED to be you, your cuntship, but there is a new AnnE in town who has claimed the cunt throne.

What??? This is impossible! Saddle up Rafalca at once and hook him up to the Cadillacs. We're off to Fox news to show who is truly the Cuntiest Anne of all the land!

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3703/01/2013

Her cunt is dry and nsty

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3803/01/2013

[quote]Ann Romney still ain't over it.

Too fucking bad. The Romneys are fucking evil, disgusting pigs. When you're as cold and unfeeling as they are, then it's gonna take you a while--if ever--to recover from nationwide rejection.

They've had a lifetime of getting their own way and finding loopholes to not pay their fair share. So yeah, I would imagine that the shellshock hasn't worn off their entitled asses. They brought on this hate people have for them.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 3903/02/2013

R10/R36

Barbara Bush was furious. I remember distinctly watching TV coverage of Barb giving Hillary a tour of the white house before the handover and she was a class A BITCH to Hillary and threw her daggers at every step.

It was uncomfortable to watch. Barb is NOT a sweet person an was not over it.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 4003/02/2013

As Barbara Bush would say about someone like herself: "She's a bitch and she lost, so I guess this worked out very well for her."

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 4103/02/2013

If anyone is feeling a shred of sympathy for our treatment of Ann Romney here, please remember that in 2001 she signed a petition urging that Massachusetts amend its constitution to outlaw all same sex marriages and even civil unions or any benefit that same sex couples might seek, a position more extreme than her husband's at that time.

She can go fuck herself.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 4203/02/2013

[quote]Romney was described as "shellshocked" in the immediate aftermath of his loss to President Obama

Why was he so shocked he lost? Nate Silver and others had been predicting the outcome for months. All he had to do was click onto Nate's site and he would have seen the outcome in advance.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 4303/02/2013

He was "shocked" because all of the yes men he surrounded himself with had told him what he wanted to hear, that he would win by a land slide.

The bitterness drips through the plastic smile - blaming the liberal media and the president for making promises in exchange for votes.

There has to be video of the Presidential suite of the Romneys watching the election results. That is what I want to see. I want to see him on the phone calling Obama. Ann was supposedly teary eyed.

His fucking arrogance astounds me. He planned a fireworks display. He had his transition web site up and running.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 4503/02/2013

Although not at that level I've worked on political campaigns. It totally sucks when you lose, so part of me feels a little for them. But then I think about the absurd level of invincibility they seemed to have during that race and I don't feel as bad.

Isn't it rare for them to be out speaking candidly? I feel like Kerry, McCain, Gore, Dole, etc. stayed quiet for a few months and went back to work. I could be wrong.

And yes, it was posted up-thread but it is true that Roz Carter took the defeat in 1980 much worse than Jimmy.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 4603/02/2013

Phony, stone faced, ugly inside and out...we sure dodged that bullet by him losing.

I love bashing Republicans, especially the Romneys.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 4703/02/2013

I hope Ann Romney was watching the Oscars and had to flee the room in tears when Michelle Obama appeared to announce the Award for Best Picture.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 4803/02/2013

I hope you're right, R48. I'm sure part of Ann Romney's First Lady fever dream included conquering Hollywood and mingling with the false idols there.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 4903/02/2013

BOSTON (AP) — Mitt Romney is stepping back onto the national stage — if only briefly.

The former Republican presidential candidate criticized President Barack Obama's leadership in an interview aired Friday night on Fox News, his first public comments after nearly four months in seclusion at his home in Southern California. He was scheduled to deliver his first postelection speech later in the month at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

Romney said Friday that Obama has been "flying around the country and berating Republicans and blaming and pointing" instead of preventing Washington's latest budget crisis.

His re-emergence may be short-lived.

Former aides describe this month's activity as a thank-you tour of sorts designed to close out a high-profile political career that spanned a decade. And the Republican Party isn't exactly clamoring for his return.

A handful of Republican governors who aggressively supported Romney's presidential bid last fall offered lukewarm responses in recent days to the question of Romney's future role in the GOP. And conservative leaders suggest they're ready for a new era in Republican politics that doesn't include the former Massachusetts governor.

"He has every right to be involved. And certainly he gave a lot for the cause," said Tim Phillips, president of the national conservative group Americans for Prosperity. "But most of the movement is wanting to look forward. They want to look forward to the next generation of leaders."

Without a public office or a prominent position in the private sector, Romney lacks a ready platform.

The last two losing presidential candidates, Republican John McCain in 2008 and Democrat John Kerry in 2004, eased their way back into national politics through the Senate seats they still held. After his loss, former Vice President Al Gore appeared in a documentary film about climate change and became an outspoken advocate for environmental protections.

But almost immediately after his defeat last November, Romney retreated to the privacy of his Southern California home. He surfaced in the national media in recent months only in photographs such as those showing him pumping gas, enjoying a day out with his family at Disneyland and shopping at Costco.

In his goodbye message to staffers inside his Boston headquarters last November, Romney promised to remain an active voice in the Republican Party. Four months later, former aides say that he's more likely to play a quieter role focused on fundraising, while using his status to help elevate issues from time to time.

"We were on a roller coaster, exciting and thrilling, ups and downs. But the ride ends. And then you get off," Romney told Fox News in an interview taped Thursday in California. "And it's not like, 'Oh, can't we be on a roller coaster the rest of our life?' It's like, 'No, the ride's over.'"

Several Republican governors, already jockeying to fill a leadership vacuum in an evolving GOP, offered reserved responses when asked during last weekend's meeting of the National Governors Association about Romney's re-emergence.

"We need as many voices for conservative reform and leadership as possible," said Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, among those Republicans thought to be weighing a 2016 presidential bid. "I welcome Governor Romney and anybody else who will help to make that message and help to take that fight."

Another possible GOP presidential contender, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, said "the jury's out" as to what role Romney could play.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, another Republican, was more enthusiastic. She said Romney has "a power in his voice that we want to see continue."

There is little updated polling on Romney's popularity, but a Bloomberg poll last December found that just 30 percent of Americans rated him as excellent or good to help the Republican Party figure out how to win more races, including the presidency.

Some Republicans suggest that Romney's greatest value to his party may be his vast fundraising network. His last presidential campaign raised more than $446 million.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5003/02/2013

Don't believe it. He still wants to be president, but he is planning a stealth campaign.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5103/02/2013

They are heinous people. Sickening examples of what some of the rich really are. Ugly to the marrow.

Tex evaders corporate raiders, economy destroyers.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5203/02/2013

Some people just feel entitled to a government handout.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5303/02/2013

Someone should do a poll. Which Romney do you hate more - Mitt, Ann, or Tagg?

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5403/02/2013

Obviously, these people were told they would win - the same way Bush did - by some type of vote manipulation. Remember Rove's behavior on election night?

Regardless, I can't remember sorer losers than the Romneys. Pathetic whining douchebags.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5503/02/2013

They are the Anti-Americans. All branded up in the tired slogans such as, "take back America" and " we built this". They are a prime example of the ethical failure of Americans.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5603/02/2013

I guess she thought essentially shitting on her dead father's grave would please GOD.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5703/02/2013

The worst part was that Costco would NOT take the drapes back that would have been perfect for the oval office. They claim that they had been altered. I sent Consuela back again and this time I told her don't take no from those people!

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5803/02/2013

Miss Ann spends her days wandering around the garden, muttering, "But it's our time," over and over again.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 5903/02/2013

She so wanted to be queen of America...shoooing people away, treating the staff like slaves, destroying families for her own delight, giving lavish parties to other uber-rich and cultivating connections to enrich their already overfilled bank accounts. Yeah, she is a klass act, all the way to her Mormon hate group.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6003/02/2013

hump

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6103/02/2013

And just remember, Ann Romney was supposed to be the "likeable" one. She was the Romney who was supposed to humanize Mitt, to make him more likeable.

Ironically, Ann ended up making Mitt and the rest of the Romneys more vile and disgusting--and even making herself the most repulsive of them all.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6203/02/2013

But, but, but, it's our turn.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6303/02/2013

She's delusion if she thinks either one of them would have some massive impact on anything.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6403/02/2013

[quote]They've had a lifetime of getting their own way and finding loopholes to not pay their fair share. So yeah, I would imagine that the shellshock hasn't worn off their entitled asses. They brought on this hate people have for them.

This x2. God, I hate this bitch

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6503/02/2013

Hey Mitttens and Anne, "Start packing!"

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6603/02/2013

And what r62 said

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6703/02/2013

And now she runs around the house screaming..."I HATE WOMEN!" The bitch should stick to serving her beloved Church which she loves so much. Maybe a gig in Uganda would do her good. I would love to see him run again and lose again.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6803/02/2013

She's just pissed that she has all these kids without jobs around the house. Do any of them work? Last time I heard they all worked for their Dad's campaign.

I hope she has Google Alerts so she can read all this shit and get even more pissed off.

LOL - I love thinking about that.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 6903/02/2013

[quote]There has to be video of the Presidential suite of the Romneys watching the election results. That is what I want to see. I want to see him on the phone calling Obama. Ann was supposedly teary eyed.

Ann was [italic]not[/italic] a well woman at Mittens' concession. She looked like Patsy Stone on a bender.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 7003/02/2013

I hope she never gets over it.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 7103/02/2013

The last time Mitt diddled her was 9 months before that youngest child was born, most likely.

by Bwahahaha I still hate herreply 7203/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.