Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It seems so long since we last discussed Stevie Nicks.

The old gal is still filling arenas in solo gigs, and Fleetwood Mac is going on tour again soon in the US and may do some of those huge summer festivals in Europe.

I confess that I have always adored Stevie. "Rumours" was the first album I knew from start to finish, side A to B pretty much note for note.

Sure, she doesn't have much of a voice anymore, and can't twirl and kick as much as she used to, but come on. She's Stevie Nicks, out there, still.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 1403/01/2013

Landslide live 1976

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 103/01/2013

You mean like when the coke go up in the gypsy butthole?

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 203/01/2013

No one writes songs like her or sings like her - she has the oddest rhythms and ways of accenting syllables but it works. That's why covers of her songs always seem pallid and ordinary - her weird yet awesome delivery can't be mimicked.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 303/01/2013

I recently discovered an early version of "Gypsy" on Youtube and I think I like it as much as the version we all know. It's one of my favorites of Stevie's.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 403/01/2013

That Stevie Nicks Taco Palace send-up on SNL a few years ago with Lucy Lawless was hilarious.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 503/01/2013

Sigh. I guess all good things must come to an end.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 603/01/2013

Her voice is shot now, and she just released a new song not that long ago. It was really awful.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 703/01/2013

That version of "Gypsy" at R4 sounds like the "before" version of it. The "after" version is after Lindsay Buckingham arranged it and tweaked it. Which is why it sounds so very much better than the "before" version. Stevie Nicks should thank God every night for Lindsay Buckingham. Without him, no one would have ever heard of her.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 803/01/2013

R8, what is your fucking damage??

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 903/01/2013

R9 = Cristine McVie posting after too many glasses of Chardonnay.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 1003/01/2013

Its obvious that version of Gypsy is an early demo, she's singing with a drum track. If you've ever heard one before you wouldn't be insulting it.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 1103/01/2013

Lindsey is so great. I wonder what he ever saw in that pretentious, droning little tramp.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 1203/01/2013

I bought the treadmill from her Stand Back video at her last garage sale.

by And the days go by, like a strand on the windreply 1303/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.