Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anne Hathaway Threw "a Fit" Over Amanda Seyfried's Oscar Dress During Rehearsal

Cosette made Fantine very, very upset. Us Weekly has brand-new details on what went down between Les Miserables costars Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried the day before the Academy Awards -- and caused a panicked Hathaway to ditch her planned Valentino gown in favor of a Prada creation for her Oscar-winning night.

An insider close to the situation tells Us Hathaway learned during an Oscar rehearsal at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Saturday, Feb. 22 that Seyfried planned to wear a dress notably similar to hers to the ceremony. After Hathaway asked about her pal's dress, Seyfried graciously shared an iPhone snap of the Alexander McQueen creation.

"Anne was like 'WTF?!'" the source reports. "She started throwing a fit!" The 30-year-old Best Supporting Actress victor, however, "never told Amanda she had to change the dress." Still, Seyfried, 27, was ruffled by Hathaway's tirade. "Amanda didn't want to deal with it and left" the rehearsal, the source notes.

But the drama didn't end there -- spilling into Oscars Sunday, as Hathaway fretted over the switch-up with her glam squad at home. "Anne made the fashion, make up, hair, and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle," a second insider tells Us. The star also "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for the Les Mis tribute at the Oscars. It was a painfully long experience."

Hathaway acknowledged the kerfuffle in a surprising statement released by her publicist earlier this week. "It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," the "I Dreamed a Dream" singer said. "Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last-minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused."

"I kind of can't understand why Anne didn't wear the Valentino gown, anyway," the first source opines. "She was the one winning the award, not Amanda. Who cares?"

by Anonymousreply 22403/04/2013

The fucking epitome of #firstworldproblems.

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2013

I wonder if Zoe was her stylist...I bet her head rolled...

by Anonymousreply 303/01/2013

This explains why Amanda seemed so rattled and distracted and during her red carpet interview with Ryan Seacrest. She had to tell every interviewer on the red carpet about her dress, knowing the drama that was happening behind the scenes between her and Anne.

by Anonymousreply 403/01/2013

That chick is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 503/01/2013

Haha the knives are out for this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 603/01/2013

Anne should have had a dress designed especially for her and none of this would have happened. Streisand had Donna Karan design something only for her, as she always does. True divas should demand one-of-a-kind creations.

by Anonymousreply 703/01/2013

I can't believe she made an official statement about a dress!

by Anonymousreply 803/01/2013

I had begun to feel sorry for her, but now there's no question she deserves the ridicule. Fashion, makeup, hair, and jewelry TEAMS. How many homos were in her skanky boudoir?

by Anonymousreply 903/01/2013

I think Rachel Zoe bailed on her, too.

by Anonymousreply 1003/01/2013

Rachel Zoe was busy dressing Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 1103/01/2013

"Everybody SHUT UP! I have to practice my singing."

by Anonymousreply 1203/01/2013

She wins an Oscar, after hosting the Oscars, and all this twat can do is complain?

Please disappear from Hollywood, and don't ever come back, hag.

by Anonymousreply 1303/01/2013

[quote]Anne should have had a dress designed especially for her and none of this would have happened. Streisand had Donna Karan design something only for her, as she always does. True divas should demand one-of-a-kind creations.

It wasn't the same dress, just kind of looked similar. Amanda wore McQueen, Anne was supposed to wear Valentino.

Anne should have just worn the fucking dress..

by Anonymousreply 1403/01/2013

Can you imagine how many drinks Anne's stylist needed around 5pm Sunday night?

by Anonymousreply 1503/01/2013

But because she had to wear Dior, Jen Lawrence did not need Zoe. She just had to go through the look book and choose what she wanted

by Anonymousreply 1603/01/2013

are these dresses off-the-rack or what?

by Anonymousreply 1703/01/2013

I wonder if Amanda's publicist leaked this story. Or some disgruntled underling on Anne's 'glam squad.'

by Anonymousreply 1803/01/2013

Doesn't that little Brad fella who used to work for Zoe style Annie?

by Anonymousreply 1903/01/2013

If she's so "despised," how on earth did she ever win all of those awards?

by Anonymousreply 2003/01/2013

Well, but if you work in fashion, you look at this just a little differently. It's a given Dear AnnE is "high strung," and she got herself into a real pile of shit with this.

Valentino is a personal friend to AnnE. He designed her wedding dress. She and her husband spent the New Year's holiday with him at his Swiss chalet.

He did a news release about the dress two days before the Oscars, so when Anne walked the red carpet in Prada, it made him look very bad. It damaged their relationship. This was serious.

AnnE thought she could fix the mess and repair her relationship with Valentino by publically talking about how it happened. Which made things much worse.

Who ever's handling AnnE's PR should be fired. Never has anyone fucked up more than her PR has. This is a case study for anyone aspiring to being a PR maven. My guess is AnnE has been very difficult, tantrums, hysterics, completely over the top, very stubborn, and not listening to good advice.

It's not just the dress, but the way she's been perceived thruout awards season. There are a lot of insufferable, narcissistic asses in H'wood. But rarely do we get a chance to see them self-destruct so effectively.

Amanda was given an Alexander McQueen to wear. You don't just pick out an Alexander McQueen. I think there was some skullduggery afoot designed to embarrass Valentino. Dumping on AnnE is too easy. There's more to this than meets the eye.

by Anonymousreply 2103/01/2013

"No wonder everyone hates this crazy bitch."

If she'd used her Hollywood clout to tell Seyfried to find another dress at the last minute, or to wear her red performance dress on the red carpet, not to come, or to change her plans in ANY way, then she'd be worthy of hate.

But she didn't. She wore another dress herself.

by Anonymousreply 2203/01/2013

Someone has definitely been abotaging AnnE and they've been fortunate to have someone like AnnE who is so helpful in sabotaging themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2303/01/2013

She should have just worn the dress anyway. She would have gotten more attention than Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 2403/01/2013

[quote]Who ever's handling AnnE's PR should be fired. Never has anyone fucked up more than her PR has. This is a case study for anyone aspiring to being a PR maven. My guess is AnnE has been very difficult, tantrums, hysterics, completely over the top, very stubborn, and not listening to good advice.

Her publicist is Stephen Huvane.

by Anonymousreply 2503/01/2013

why couldn't she just wear another valentino dress?

by Anonymousreply 2603/01/2013

[quote]Anne isn't some exception to this. This is how big name actresses make money. Same with Jennifer Lawrence, Natalie Portman, Charlize Theron and DL's beloved Marion Cotilliard with Dior. It isnt a game, its a business, and even though you might think "oh its just a dress" that dress can result in MILLIONS of dollars of sales and free advertising for a company. It's real. And Anne is not being "overdramatic" by taking this seriously

Then she should have worn the fucking Valentino!

by Anonymousreply 2803/01/2013

I do agree on that. If she had, and if the gowns were seen as being too similar, Seyfried would have suffered, not Anne. Likely it was Anne's determination to do the nice thing, that fucked this up. She probably didnt want anyone think that she was trying to "upstage" Amanda and as a result of trying to be nice (or trying to avoid being perceived as un-nice at all costs) she just dug herself deeper.

by Anonymousreply 2903/01/2013

Sorry Anne, you're on your own on this one.

by Anonymousreply 3003/01/2013

Is it a coincidence that the more we hear from/see these current "Stars" the less we like them? Every one of them should stay out of the public life as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 3203/01/2013

I feel for Adam Shulman. Does he have money of his own or is he destined for the life of a purse holder?

by Anonymousreply 3303/01/2013

Why didn't she just contact Valentino and show him the McQueen dress and ask him what she should do?

by Anonymousreply 3403/01/2013

I wore a dress by H&M. Anybody interested?

by Anonymousreply 3503/01/2013

Oh Helen r35, it's so much easier to do that when you have already won an Oscar. You can bet your foot face you would never have pulled that shit before so enough with the modesty.

by Anonymousreply 3603/01/2013

I give AnnE credit for changing her plans, and no asking Seyfried to change hers. That shows respect and consideration that doesn't seem to go noticed on here. I don't know AnnE personally, never met her. But she does seem to be a decent person. Why the hate?

by Anonymousreply 3803/01/2013

[quote]Who ever's handling AnnE's PR should be fired.

But I'm so cute!

by Anonymousreply 3903/01/2013

I think it's the high strung dramatics part that does it.

by Anonymousreply 4003/01/2013

The McQueen dress didn't even fit Seyfreid properly. Amanda comes across as being a little snot. I wonder if it was gently suggested that one of them would have to change, and Amanda emphatically said no way and made a stink, then leaked it out that AnnE made a stink.

Think about it. The headline says "AnnE threw a fit" so IMO, it came from someone preemptively slamming AnnE, and I say Amanda leaked the messy tale.

by Anonymousreply 4103/01/2013

But r38 the fact that she then went and talked about it is the big part, if she was so gracious she wouldn't have even mentioned it. I bet Amanda would rather have been asked to change (and would have done it) than have Anne talking about how she stole her dress, or implying it.

by Anonymousreply 4203/01/2013

yES, r42, but AnnE had to say why she abandoned Valentino after he did a press release about her wearing his dress. She didn't talk about Amanda, someone trying to smear AnnE talks about it being Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 4303/01/2013

Whenever I see her interviewed, I feel like she is lying. Performances, appearances, etc. she s fine. Interviews, speaches, statements....she sounds like a liar.

by Anonymousreply 4403/01/2013

[quote]I wonder if Amanda's publicist leaked this story. Or some disgruntled underling on Anne's 'glam squad.'

It was like a spiritual abattoir in there, r18. Her unchecked massacre of souls must never again be allowed to happen.

by Anonymousreply 4503/01/2013

I don't think Amanda should have changed. They made that dress for her specifically. Anne was wearing something off the runway I believe.

I doubt it would have been a big deal if Anne just wore the dress. They both were wearing different dressed when on stage performing anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4603/01/2013

It would have been hilarious if crazy Helena Bonham-Carter had showed up in a similar dress, too.

by Anonymousreply 4703/01/2013

AnnE had to come clean after she switched dresses. Her big mistake was to switch designers. I am surprised though that there were no other proper Valentino dress options available. I'd assume fthat there would be a Plan B and even a Plan C dress available for that kind of emergencies.

And if AnnE and Valentino are so tight as some claim why didn't she contact him directly and seek his advice how to proceed or at least give him the heads up so she didn't have to turn it into that much of a drama spectacle (just the release of quick drama free press release) ?

by Anonymousreply 4803/01/2013

[quote]why didn't she contact him directly and seek his advice how to proceed or at least give him the heads up so she didn't have to turn it into that much of a drama spectacle

She's AnnE. She doesn't scrape to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 4903/01/2013

Well this explains the whole Nipples of death thing.

by Anonymousreply 5003/01/2013

R46, no, everyone was wearing their Oscar attire for the group performance. You think they had a separate set of clothing set up for the montage?

by Anonymousreply 5103/01/2013

[quote]You think they had a separate set of clothing set up for the montage?

Yes, they did.

by Anonymousreply 5203/01/2013

[quote]If she's so "despised," how on earth did she ever win all of those awards?

You got us, hon.

by Anonymousreply 5303/01/2013

They were wearing two different outfits on when performing with the cast. The similar dresses would not have mattered. If I recall correctly, Amanda had a red dress onstage.

by Anonymousreply 5403/01/2013

You know, that's the strangest part of this. I have seen interviews on the red carpet in the past, where celebs will say they only decided that very day what they'd wear and they talk about chosing between two or three dresses.

If Anne is so devoted to Valentino, why did she have only the one dress? She had to have other Valentinos available to her. She should have had at least one other if not two "just in case." Mishaps occur all the time.

She should have had another Valentino to wear, period.

by Anonymousreply 5503/01/2013

Well, perhaps there was a certain flying nun who convinced Amanda to go for a certain Valentino?

by Anonymousreply 5603/01/2013

Amanda wasn't wearing Valentino. She was wearing Alexander McQueen and it was very similar to AnnE's Valentino.

Now, there's a possibility Valentino fucked up by sending AnnE the dress. It's way too similar and they should have sent something more original. Of course, maybe AnnE saw a picture of it and insisted.

The thing is,the stylists and fashion consultants, and dressers, etc. they know what's out there, and who's wearing it.

I've also heard that certain designers are only accessible to certain actresses. In other words, someone on Amanda Seyfried's level never should've been dressed by McQueen.

There's a hierarchy of designers and a hierarchy of celebrities. Amanda overreached. I wonder who was advising her? They had to know.

by Anonymousreply 5703/01/2013

She sounds very insecure. And immature.

by Anonymousreply 5803/01/2013

What a fucking cunt. At least Amanda didn't back down. Besides, Amanda did the designer of her dress proud. Meanwhile, Miuccia Prada had to be coaxed away from the ledge.

by Anonymousreply 5903/01/2013

[quote]I've also heard that certain designers are only accessible to certain actresses. In other words, someone on Amanda Seyfried's level never should've been dressed by McQueen.

Utterly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 6003/01/2013

I don't know what to think except the dress that Anne chose looked horrible on her. The apology she made about the dress just made the average joe think 'white people problem.'

Has Anderson Cooper weighed in yet? I'll just wait for his input...

by Anonymousreply 6103/01/2013

[quote]There's a hierarchy of designers and a hierarchy of celebrities. Amanda overreached. I wonder who was advising her? They had to know.

Amanda overreached? That's hilarious.

Did she call McQueen the next day and apologize for overstepping her bounds and tell him that she now knows her place and she won't ever wear one of his designs?

by Anonymousreply 6203/01/2013

I feel so vindicated! I've been hating on AnnE for months now and being told how tiresome it was....now everybody hates AnnE!

by Anonymousreply 6303/01/2013

[quote]Did she call McQueen the next day and apologize for overstepping her bounds and tell him that she now knows her place and she won't ever wear one of his designs?

How could she? He's dead.

by Anonymousreply 6403/01/2013

Someday an actress will win an Oscar for "The Anne Hathaway Story." It will be wonderful...just like Frances with Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 6503/01/2013

I just wore any old thing. I said just send something over and I'l slip it on. Don't stress over it. It's the work that matters and not all these silly fashion trends.

by Anonymousreply 6603/01/2013

McQueen is dead, so I doubt she spoke to him directly. There is definitely a pecking order with the top line designers.

People like Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman, Halle Berry, Gwyneth Paltrow, Julianne Moore, Naomi Watts,develop relationships with design houses and with Designers.

It is about business, as someone so aptly pointed out up thread. It is about millions in endorsements and having your gown worn by someone who is at the pinnacle of their career. Oscar winners or nominees.

Someone who will be remembered, the way Julia Roberts is remembered for the black vintage Valentino she wore when she won her Oscar. The one with the white ribbon detailing.

Amanda is not even close to being at that level. In fact, I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't even know when she is. Little Red Riding Hood? Please.

She has no image and she clearly has not been handled by people who strategize an image for long enough to qualify for top line Designers. You may find that ridiculous, but it is true.

You don't rush to the head of the line when you are simply a B movie presenter or there to sing in a chorus. If it were Jennifer Lawrence it would've been different.

by Anonymousreply 6703/01/2013

Brad Goreski does not dress stars, he dresses talent-free starlets like Jessica Alba. Don't confuse us, please. Makes me bananas.

by Anonymousreply 6803/01/2013

This never happened. There was no fit. It's just fashionable to hate on Anne Hathaway now. She saw the picture and changed dresses. It's not like she didn't have a choice and was stuck. She even wore another dress for the Les Mis number.

by Anonymousreply 6903/01/2013

[quote]She has no image and she clearly has not been handled by people who strategize an image for long enough to qualify for top line Designers. You may find that ridiculous, but it is true.

Please, she was at the Oscars, and was part of a nominated movie. It was obviously good enough for the Alexander McQueen people to not only dress her, but plan her dress months in advance (which is what she said on the red carpet).

Her red dress was Givenchy. Was she not good enough for that either? Amanda has been rocking top tier designers all awards season and has knocked it out of the park way more times than Anne.

by Anonymousreply 7003/01/2013

r67 needs a MARY!

by Anonymousreply 7103/01/2013

Which one, R58?

by Anonymousreply 7203/01/2013

Amanda Seyfried has a few hits of her own. That movie with Channing Tatum was at least a commercial success and then there's also Mamma Mia.

by Anonymousreply 7303/01/2013

I'm kind of confused here. Don't all the actresses wear designer clothes? Is this person implying Amanda should have shown up in a Gap dress?

by Anonymousreply 7403/01/2013

I think AnnE should play Jodi Arias in the Lifetime Biography.....

Oh, and she should slug her hair stylist - it always makes me feel better.

by Anonymousreply 7503/01/2013

[quote]How could she? He's dead.

Making it even more unlikely she brought harm to a dead guy by wearing one of his dresses.

by Anonymousreply 7603/01/2013

If you total their box office I'd bet Seyfried comes pretty close to AnnE's figures.

by Anonymousreply 7703/01/2013

r74, I'd guess for her low level of fame she should have worn a dress by a desinger who lost on Project Runway (a winner would be too high profile for her low standard of fame).

by Anonymousreply 7803/01/2013

R73 is correct. Amanda would've had an in with a British design house on the strength of Mamma Mia.

by Anonymousreply 7903/01/2013

I have a feeling Jennifer Lawrence chose her dress in about 10 seconds and didn't think twice.

I feel sorry for Anne's husband.

by Anonymousreply 8003/01/2013

Actually, Anne could have worn both dresses, one for the red carpet and one to accept the Oscar. Many women wear more than one gown for the show. That would have taken care of it.

by Anonymousreply 8103/01/2013

You men just don't understand the issue of wearing "the same dress" as another women.

Even on the most important, formal, and well-documented events of your lives, you're reconciled to the idea that other guys will also be wearing a tux!

by Anonymousreply 8203/01/2013

Can someone please explain the AnnE thing to me? I must've missed the significance or the joke. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 8303/01/2013

I think it's because Anne won an award this year (I want to say the Critics Choice) and they spelled her name "Ann" without the "e" on the trophy. She brought it up in her acceptance speech. I think she called winning bittersweet because they spelled her name wrong. It didn't go over well.

by Anonymousreply 8403/01/2013

[and they spelled her name "Ann" without the "e" on the trophy]

Actually it was on the film clip showing the names of the nominees

here you go: r85

by Anonymousreply 8503/01/2013

Well actually AnnE saved Valentino from embarrassment. imagine how it would've been if AnnE had worn his dress, and then Amanda shows up with the McQueen look-a-like. That doesn't reflect well on Valentino at all.

by Anonymousreply 8603/01/2013

This entire thread is useless without a picture of the two dresses side by side.

On another note, why would the subject of the feces sausage on the scat troll's picture be wearing a hair covering? Does it really matter that it not interfere with her tresses?

by Anonymousreply 8703/01/2013

[quote]Streisand had Donna Karan design something only for her, as she always does.

There's one of a kind and then there's nobody else would wear it.

by Anonymousreply 8803/01/2013

wow this story has legs. It's been the top story over at the Daily Fail for hours and has been covered at all the online sites (yahoo, etc).

I'm beginning to think someone has it in for Anne, now that she's won her Oscar they're extracting their revenge with these damaging leaks. But why hasn't Stephen Huvane put an end to it? He has major ties to US mag and the DM who've posted all this he could partially quash it...I'm beginning to wonder if he's allowed it to be put out there deliberately. Perhaps as a warning, or perhaps a way to get through to her that her behavior needs to change otherwise she'll see her reputation shredded beyond repair in Hwood.

by Anonymousreply 8903/01/2013

What R89 said....

About Annie, not about the scat pictures. Those were just nasty.

Oh, that's another thing you guys miss when bashing her. Her friends/colleagues call her Annie.

by Anonymousreply 9003/01/2013

[quote]I'm beginning to think someone has it in for Anne,

Why, that's just silly talk!

Bwahahahhahhaha

by Anonymousreply 9103/01/2013

Tweak. Tweekers spazz over little shit total drama queens can't stand them always pitching a fit.

by Anonymousreply 9203/01/2013

AnnE and Amanda's dress.

by Anonymousreply 9303/01/2013

Oh, come on. Who could imagine America's Sweetheart behaving like that?

by Anonymousreply 9503/01/2013

1.) For christssakes, the two dresses don't even look alike. Hathaway should have worn the Valentino and not caused such a commotion.

2.) Hathaway shouldn't have even been nominated. I loved Les Miz, but she was the weak link in the movie.

3.) Pointing out that they spelled AnnE incorrectly at the Critic's Choice Awards show was small and petty especially for an error that can easily be corrected. Instead, AnnE called her winning "bittersweet" because of a friggin missing "E." You've got to be fucking kidding me. No wonder people dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 9603/02/2013

Babs really really needs to find a new designer. Those unflattering sacks that Karan creates for her are just intensely fug

by Anonymousreply 9703/02/2013

AnnE Hathaway on Chelsea Lately:

by Anonymousreply 9803/02/2013

AnnE has been rather cunty towards Amanda throughout the whole Les Miz junket.

by Anonymousreply 9903/02/2013

"Les Miz" was supposed to be a much bigger deal than it turned out to be. When Seyfreid began work with the McQeen people on her dress, it was expected that the film would crush it in Oscar nominations. It didn't.

Still - Seyfreid had her one dress from McQueen and maybe another McQeen backup (or backup of some kind). As an almost certain winner, AnnE had the Valentino, probably other Valentinos, the Prada and several more from which to choose.

The dresses were different enough and AnnE's role in the evening was far more prominent. There was absolutely no reason for her not to wear the dress. Instead of this nonsense about who's got it in for AnnE - a better question is what the fuck is wrong with AnnE?

by Anonymousreply 10003/02/2013

Her 15 mins are ticking.

by Anonymousreply 10103/02/2013

Valentino no longer owns "Valentino" the fashion house.

He sold it!

Watch the movie the "Last Emperor." It is a documentary of Valentino, his life and how he sold his business.

by Anonymousreply 10203/02/2013

Let's all hope she becomes one of the many victims of the Best Supporting Actress Curse. Enough with this pampered cunt. The idea of her playing Judy Garland is making me sick. I just hope Amanda's take on Linda Lovelace is a critical hit and she walks off with the Best Actress Oscar next year.

by Anonymousreply 10303/02/2013

R86, I believe the trophy had her name right, but the teleprompter got it wrong. She couldn't let it go and created an issue so she came across as having an ego problem.

Until then I wasn't aware that teleprompters' main purpose was to salve egos. I always figured they had a different purpose and that it's probably not unusual for names and words to be spelled wrong.

by Anonymousreply 10403/02/2013

Are you people blind? Of course the dresses are similar! They're both the same silvery color, textured in the same way, high-necked, waistless, sleeveless, and with the same cut of skirt. Only the necklines are really different.

If they'd worn those two dresses, the entertainment media would make all sorts of references to "mother and daughter lookalike" outfits, something an actress of Hathaway's age would like to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 10503/02/2013

[quote]If they'd worn those two dresses, the entertainment media would make all sorts of references to "mother and daughter lookalike" outfits, something an actress of Hathaway's age would like to avoid.

And yet it would have be minor compared to the media shitstorm it's now turned in to.

by Anonymousreply 10603/02/2013

Anne is a vegan.

That just says it all!

by Anonymousreply 10703/02/2013

Anne looks like a young Matthew Broderick in drag, but not as pretty.

by Anonymousreply 10803/02/2013

AnnE is neurotic but I think Amanda knew what she was doing. Bet the Les Miz cast were loving every minute of it.

by Anonymousreply 10903/02/2013

AnnE's definitely neurotic. She probably has some kind of chemical imbalance, and obviously can't handle stress. Probably needs meds.

But she's not unique. Scores of actresses, actors, and directors are as bad as, or much worse. We could even name a few. Her PR team, Huvane,is incompetent. The lack of damage control and crisis management is baffling.

I've seen it before. A PR type underestimates a crisis,thinks it's a one day story,but it takes on a life of it's own and grows.

They should've been "managing" AnnE for months. They know who they're dealing with. AnnE is sadly, very typical. If your client shoots themselves every time they open their mouth, they don't do interviews, they do appearances and do photo ops. You write out their "thank yous". Ad libs are forbidden.

As for the dress, those dresses were way too much alike for them both to wear. But AnnE should have worn another Valentino. Maybe she was pissed off at Valentino and shunned him, then doubled back and apologized. But AnnE should've had several Valentino dresses ready.

I feel sorry for her husband, too. Yes, he's a purse carrier. A failed actor who did a lot of commercial work. He was good, too. He & his brother tried to become "filmmakers." Fizzled. Now he's "a producer" and a jewelry designer. In all the brouhaha, I wonder if her backward necklace was his.

by Anonymousreply 11003/02/2013

If I were her I'd have just gone with the original dress.

These Hollywood people are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 11103/02/2013

I still can't believe she made Tom Hooper do like 28 takes of that fucking song! And he said he had it on the fourth take! That must've been a long fucking useless day.

by Anonymousreply 11203/02/2013

Hathway is a director's nightmare to work with.

by Anonymousreply 11303/02/2013

Narcissistic Personality Disorder run amok. Textbook, really.

Huvane really did an awful job with her. Maybe he's sick of her too.

He is a cutie though.

by Anonymousreply 11403/02/2013

[Quote]Hathaway shouldn't have even been nominated. I loved Les Miz, but she was the weak link in the movie.

Wow, good for you. Even though Anne won The Academy Award, The Golden Globe, the Screen Actor's Guild Award, The British Academy Award, Broadcast Film Critics Association Award, The London Critics Circle Film Award, Washington DC Film Critics Association Award, Southeastern Film Critics Association Award, Satellite Award, Phoenix Film Critics Society Award, Online Film Critics Society Award, Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award, Kansas City Film Critics Circle Award, Florida Film Critics Circle Award, Central Ohio Film Critics Association,& Austin Film Critics Association, she can't fool you R96!

by Anonymousreply 11503/02/2013

I bet she was planning on wearing a tiara with the original dress.

by Anonymousreply 11603/02/2013

The original dress was prettier. She would have looked like an Oscar winner.

Amanda shouldn't have accepted to show her the picture of her dress. Not Anne's business. There and then the whole drama would have been avorted.

Now, every year there is a trend. For instance a few years ago, several women wore red dresses. It was fashionable. This years several wore silver-white-grey dresses. It ends up some are similar. No big deal ...

Most viewers don't care and have other real problems. They will just care whether each individual gown is pretty or not, as escapism.

by Anonymousreply 11703/02/2013

How many of you spend more than an hour a day thinking about Anne Hathaway? Thirty minutes?

How would you describe your fixation on Anne? Normal? Abnormal? Off-the-charts strange?

by Anonymousreply 11803/02/2013

SILENCE!

I am about to sing for you.

by Anonymousreply 11903/02/2013

Ann-ego Hathaway. She's gross. She needs to go rescue orphans.

by Anonymousreply 12003/02/2013

Most women would be upset if they showed up to an event with someone wearing the same dress. And most celebrities hate the who wears it better photos in magazines. I'm sure Anne didn't throw a fit but was very nervous about finding another dress in such short time.

All you snobs still fall for the media hype about anything. Of course she had to throw a fit..Of course its the end of the world.

by Anonymousreply 12103/02/2013

[quote]This explains why Amanda seemed so rattled and distracted and during her red carpet interview with Ryan Seacrest. She had to tell every interviewer on the red carpet about her dress, knowing the drama that was happening behind the scenes between her and Anne.

I noticed that too.

by Anonymousreply 12203/02/2013

[quote]I have a feeling Jennifer Lawrence chose her dress in about 10 seconds and didn't think twice.

That's exactly what happened! According to Jennifer, she put on the dress, it fit, then she was ready to go.

by Anonymousreply 12303/02/2013

EVERYONE HATES HATHAWAY.

by Anonymousreply 12403/02/2013

This may have happened.

On the other hand, no matter how reasonably Anne might have handled this, someone was going to say she threw a fit.

by Anonymousreply 12503/02/2013

Let's say they both kept to the dresses they both originally planned to wear.

Imagine the DL posts the day after.

"Amanda trying to steal Anne's big night"

"Seyfried pulls an Eve Harrington"

"Fantine and Cosette wear almost the same dress during their big number"

"One Dress More!"

by Anonymousreply 12603/02/2013

[quote]Anne looks like a young Matthew Broderick in drag, but not as pretty.

I can visualize this so easily.

by Anonymousreply 12703/02/2013

That Valentino is gorgeous. It's unfortunate she didn't wear it. The Prada made her look too much like an Asian dominatrix.

She should have fired Huvane the moment she started hearing public backlash against her, and there has been a lot. Some might even say unprecedented. She is not liked, other than by industry folk, and I guarantee that little love affair is over. He may have won her the Oscar, but at the high cost of her career at the hands of the Supporting Actress curse.

by Anonymousreply 12803/02/2013

Huvane does Aniston's PR and I find her press hamfisted and transparent.

by Anonymousreply 12903/02/2013

Huvane does PR for DL villains Goop, Aniston, & AnnE but he also does Julianne Moore, who comes of well, and Helen Hunt, who is disliked by some here but who I thought came across very well this award-season.

So it really is the star's personality that comes across in their PR, I guess.

But yes, AnnE really does need to get a new publicist after this award season, she has become a joke. Everyone is contrasting her to rough-around-the-edges Jennifer Lawrence, who is now America's sweetheart. Even I love Jennifer Lawrence and I'm not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 13003/02/2013

I don't think the two dresses looked all that much alike. Besides, Anne's original Valentino is gorgeous. And all the attention was on her anyway--not on Seyfried. AnnE blew it. She should have worn the original.

On another note, the Prada dress she wore is ugly. The dress Hathaway wore on on stage with the cast is sort of ugly. The dress she wore to the SAG Awards was ugly. I don't think she has any taste. Consequently, everyone around her probably gets sucked into this drama that is rooted in her having no taste.

by Anonymousreply 13103/02/2013

Agree that she has no taste, but surely she must have a stylist ?

by Anonymousreply 13203/02/2013

Is AnnE going to find work after all this negative press? She had the Spielberg Robopocalypse movie lined up until it was canceled. Her polarizing reputation has got to be a consideration for anyone thinking of hiring her. She needs to lay low, fire Huvane, Zoe, and be like Angelina Jolie who learned to release carefully scripted soundbites after getting burned for keeping it real.

by Anonymousreply 13303/02/2013

From her first acting teacher at the Paper Mill Playhouse in NJ

[quote]This happened after 9/11 and my students had said to me "Mickey, we'd love to do something for the families who were affected by the tragedy," and I said "OK, we're going to do a benefit performance." And I remember calling Annie who at the time was filming "Princess Diaries" out in California and in a heartbeat, Annie said "I'm there!" She came back and she was amazing. She sang this beautiful, beautiful song called, "We Can Be Kind"

She could have easily said I'm stuck here in La making a movie but she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 13403/02/2013

She was right to change dresses, those two dresses are just too similar.

She was right to refrain from forcing Seyfried to change HER dress, and believe me she could have!

There's no pleasing you obsessive bitches.

by Anonymousreply 13503/02/2013

The fact that AnnE said winning the Critics Choice award was "bittersweet" because the "e" was accidentally dropped from her name on the film clip featured on the show was ridiculous and petty. Not to mention, she killed the mood and appeared terribly ungrateful in front of a huge audience. And she wonders why people criticize her?

"Bittersweet?" Yeah, she's a big deal this year, but until relatively recently most people didn't know her all that well. Whomever dropped the "e" didn't do it intentionally, and it's a commom mistake around the world. But for her, it was "bittersweet." Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 13603/02/2013

[quote]She could have easily said I'm stuck here in La making a movie but she didn't.

That was then, and this is now.

by Anonymousreply 13703/02/2013

R134. Apparently things have changed a bit from 2001 until now regarding Anne's case of insufferability.

And hat's off to Anne for the 9/11 performance with her colleagues, but quitely frankly, I wouldn't expect her or most anyone else to turn down a performance concerning 9/11. The country was overwhelmed with a spirit of patrotism and kindness at that time.

by Anonymousreply 13803/02/2013

Anne was right to change outfits. She should have worn another Valentino instead.

Maybe this is the Oscar curse for Anne.

Notice that most people who win Oscars have to pay a price in some other way. Divorce, bad publicity, unemployment or death in the family.

Just ask Halle, Jennifer Hudson, Marisa Tomei...

I fear for Jennifer Lawrence!

by Anonymousreply 13903/02/2013

You know, it's so funny when Mo'Nique was a target of DL's ire that entire Oscar season I thought it was because you were all r@cist. I now see that it's more misogyny than anything else, or maybe that gay guys are just naturally more drawn to women positively or negatively, since that group of actors nominated for awards this year were a bunch of total snoozes.

Anyway, AnnE doesn't bother me. She's certainly an eager and ambitious little thing, but there are no laws against that.

I love Jennifer Lawrence too, but the "aww shucks" thing is as much an act as AnnE's "I'm so gracious and enchanted by Hollywood" thing.

NOBODY gets to where these two women are without wanting it very, very badly. These are Academy Award winning actresses who've both appeared in major franchises. J Law wants it just as bad as anyone else. AnnE's only mistake is that she's too obvious about it.

by Anonymousreply 14003/02/2013

Wow, and I thought you people hated ME.

by Anonymousreply 14103/02/2013

[quote]J Law wants it just as bad as anyone else. AnnE's only mistake is that she's too obvious about it.

R140. I'd call it a bit insufferable and affected, which seems not to be an act and come far too naturally to "bittersweet" Ann, whoops I mean AnnE.

by Anonymousreply 14203/02/2013

[quote]But the drama didn't end there -- spilling into Oscars Sunday, as Hathaway fretted over the switch-up with her glam squad at home. "Anne made the fashion, make up, hair, and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle," a second insider tells Us. The star also "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for the Les Mis tribute at the Oscars. It was a painfully long experience."

This is just the type of drama Mason Wiley & Damien Bona would've gleefully covered in their hilariously irreverent "Inside Oscar" book. Each new edition was a "must have" for me. Good times...

by Anonymousreply 14303/02/2013

I like my Hollywood broads to cause trouble being tough and demanding like Bette Davis and Joan Crawford...and not like prima donna AnnE Hathaway melting down over a Valentino dress she should have worn in the first place but instead chose that ugly Prada sac.

by Anonymousreply 14403/02/2013

If any one should be pissed off it's Reese WItherspoon at Helen Hunt. HH cheap H&M dress looks exactly like RW Vuitton.

by Anonymousreply 14503/02/2013

Helen Hussts dress

by Anonymousreply 14603/02/2013

Is there a picture of the Valentino? Will it ever be worn? If so when and by whom?

by Anonymousreply 14703/02/2013

For r147--they didn't seem that similar:

by Anonymousreply 14803/02/2013

r147, I bet Michael Musto is slipping into it for one of his profile articles as we post.

by Anonymousreply 14903/02/2013

Sequester this cunt - make her wear Wal-Mart jean sweats until the budget crisis is resolved.

Amanda is more talented anyway - Mamma Mia was a huge hit.

by Anonymousreply 15003/02/2013

R145. Resse's dress was no big deal. Helen Hunt's was a wrinkled mess.

However, Hunt was the Oscar nominee. Perhaps Reese should have considered ditching her dress to be polite.

by Anonymousreply 15103/02/2013

Anne just seems to neurotic to be likable. The Oscar curse is going to get to her bad. Not that I have any first-hand experience with this or anything.

by Anonymousreply 15203/02/2013

Mo'Nique gave the best performance and she had the OScar in the bag but for her to not to campaign was an insult to other nominees and she also didn't do her film any favours. Notice how the director of Precious hasn't even cast her in any of his films since. She deserves to go away...

by Anonymousreply 15303/02/2013

R153. Mo'Nique deserves to go away?

P.S. I think she has babydoll. Wendy has even taken her midnight time slot on BET.

by Anonymousreply 15403/02/2013

[quote] Just ask Halle, Jennifer Hudson, Marisa Tomei...

Marisa Tomei? She's been nominated two more times and works all the time.

by Anonymousreply 15503/02/2013

Still don't see the drama. It's not like Anne screamed at Amanda she couln't wear that dress, because it looked the same as her's and she's a nominee. She handled it, changed her choice and that was that. That's why it seems Anne seems to be Le Punching Bag De Jour.

by Anonymousreply 15603/02/2013

AnnE's career is going to go the way Faye Dunaway's did because of her cunty, difficult behavior.

by Anonymousreply 15703/02/2013

Reese's dress is ugly and makes her bust look unattractive. There are a lot of problems with Helen's dress, the wrinkles, the cheap looking fabric and the obvious seam at the bottom, but the color and design are nicer.

by Anonymousreply 15803/02/2013

According her costars, Anne is lovely. Russell Crowe was raving about her on Jay Leno and he isn't known to mince words or be diplomatic. Hollywood doesn't care how difficult or strung out you are. If they can make a buck off your arse they will. And sorry folks if you are waiting for Anne' career to take a nose dive- you can wait for the end of the world also.

The reason why Anne doesn't have any films line up now is because her team was waiting for the Oscars to be done. The cost for her to participate in a movie has just gone up. Chaching.

by Anonymousreply 15903/02/2013

R159 = AnnE's PR team.

by Anonymousreply 16003/02/2013

She needs to do a comedy where she makes a fool of herself and has a ball on screen. Then she needs to avoid telling everybody how happy she was to make a fool of herself. Well coached, she's likeable enough. She's been running wild this awards season when nobody was as invested in her success as she was. Day Lewis, everybody wanted to win (OK, not everybody) but the point is they both turned out memorable, well received performances. Day Lewis just didn't beat anybody over the head with it.

by Anonymousreply 16103/02/2013

[quote]The reason why Anne doesn't have any films line up now is because her team was waiting for the Oscars to be done. The cost for her to participate in a movie has just gone up.

Thank the baby Jesus, because this ain't easy.

by Anonymousreply 16203/02/2013

I don't doubt Anne is nice to her costars. I don't think she's a bad person. She's just annoying.

by Anonymousreply 16303/02/2013

I imagine AnnE is one of those people who is nice to people she believes are "worthy" of her(directors, A List co-stars) and a bitch to anyone she deems "beneath her" (lowly assistants and flunkies).

by Anonymousreply 16403/02/2013

Yes R138, cowering in fear.

by Anonymousreply 16503/02/2013

Anne is an overachiever & noticeably neurotic. The overeager theater kid, if you will. The kid who ferociously raises and flails her hand in class. The teacher's pet. Americans dont like overachievers. They like those with self-depreciating senses of humor like Jennifer Lawrence. Tell me I'm lyin'.

by Anonymousreply 16603/02/2013

R113 Everyone on Joan Rivers' show was ragging on her for wearing an H&M dress.

by Anonymousreply 16703/02/2013

R121 I think Americans dislike false modesty more than overachievers.

by Anonymousreply 16803/02/2013

If Helen's H&M dress had fit right, and didn't look cheap and wrinkled, I think everybody would have loved it. Kind of like when Sharon Stone wore a Gap T-shirt and looked great in it.

by Anonymousreply 16903/02/2013

R124 Yeah they mentioned that too. But Sharon's t-shirt did not need to be fitted or ironed.

It was really the wrinkles that did it in.

by Anonymousreply 17003/02/2013

Reese Witherspoon's dress had wrinkles on the lower half too. I thought she looked awful Helen Hunt's H&M dress fit her. So what if it was wrinkled. I'm glad Helen did that.

by Anonymousreply 17103/02/2013

Ack. The numbering for references to prior posts is all messed up for me.

by Anonymousreply 17203/02/2013

So why did she wear an H&M dress?

by Anonymousreply 17303/02/2013

I think the "threw a fit" part is exaggerated. I'm sure AnnE was upset about the dress, and probably was a wreck dealing with it all, as well as getting ready to perform.

If you don't know what you're wearing, you don't know what to do with hair & make up. It is understandable. I have no sympathy for her hair & make up peopole waiting around. It's part of their job. They get paid well, too.

They probably were all enlisted to help her decide, and they were probably all part of the drama and loving every fucking second.

I've heard other stories about her, and AnnE has always been described as a kind, generous, thoughtful person. Her behavior this season has been over the top, for sure, but that is not how she usually is.

I think, honestly, when she got the Batman movie & Les Miserables, she sort of went nuts. This was big leagues for real.She made much more of this than she did for that Rachel Getting Married nomination.Her inner Diva is out, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 17403/02/2013

I thought Helen Hunt looked great. I am sure when she left the house the dress wasn't wrinkled. And if she didn't mention it was H&M we wouldn't know it....

by Anonymousreply 17503/02/2013

and Anne should have worn the Valention dress

by Anonymousreply 17603/02/2013

Valentino

by Anonymousreply 17703/02/2013

I wonder if Valentino is even speaking to her? I wonder if she fired Huvane. Look at him for a minute. He really does nothing for his clients. Jennifer Aniston and Gwyneth Paltrow are objects of ridicule, now Hathaway.

He has no idea how to manage a crisis, and he has no idea about packaging an image. He probably thinks old school and just has lunch for a living and talks on the phone to his "contacts" in the media. Huvane is an overrated asshole.

by Anonymousreply 17803/02/2013

How much control can a pr person realistically exert over the more neurotic personalities or narcissists? The ones who can't be placated and the ones who are always right? What more could he do? Without getting himself fired, that is.

by Anonymousreply 17903/02/2013

I actually think overseeing AnnE's public behavior (which is where she is getting in trouble) would be more of the responsibility of her manager than her publicist. Huvane's main responsibility would be to make sure the press coverage that he arranges for her (magazine profiles, TV interview) is favorable.

Anyway, isn't he adorable?

by Anonymousreply 18003/02/2013

You seriously have to wonder how she is dealing with all this hatred coming at her....it can't feel good. She is human after all.

by Anonymousreply 18103/02/2013

It does get to me," she told Us Weekly. "But you have to remember in life that there's a positive to every negative and a negative to every positive."

"The miracle of the universe is that, as far as they know, there's 51 percent matter versus 49 percent anti-matter — things tip in the scale of the positive," she added. "So that is what I focus on."

The “Princess Diaries” star told the publication she tries to brush off the backlash.

"I live my life with love," she said. "I live my life with compassion. I live my life hoping the best for absolutely everyone, no matter how they feel about me. And when you live that way, it's amazing how beautiful every day can be."

by Anonymousreply 18203/02/2013

The marriage is doomed. I give it 6 more months at the most.

by Anonymousreply 18303/02/2013

A lot have people have said they felt slightly depressed after winning an Oscar (Marissa Tomei, Gwyneth) because there is often a backlash against younger people who win. Most of the time it is stuff like "he/she didn't deserve etc." But this time the hatred seems directed at Hathaway more for who she is as a person....a lot of people even say "she's very talented but..." That must sting incredibly.

by Anonymousreply 18403/02/2013

This story is still at the head of the Daily fails front page after 2 days which is something I’ve never seen before. Yikes. AnnE’s publicity ship seems to have completely come off its moorings. Its not just Huvane; her dad who’s a tough NYC attorney is supposed to be heavily involved in her career and he’s no neurotic dummy or lightweight. I wonder if she’s no longer listening to anyone close to her or how far she’s pulled away from friends-family for all this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 18503/02/2013

Is her father an entertainment attorney? Will she commit suicide?

by Anonymousreply 18603/02/2013

I have a feeling Amanda hates AnnE.

by Anonymousreply 18703/02/2013

Maybe they had a thing

by Anonymousreply 18803/02/2013

Good point r68.

by Anonymousreply 18903/02/2013

I find it so hard to believe that NO ONE ha any dirt on Amanda Seyfried

by Anonymousreply 19003/03/2013

Anne has put in a call to Aaron Echolls.

by Anonymousreply 19103/03/2013

Can you imagine what a miserable bitch this cuntbag must be to deal with???

by Anonymousreply 19303/03/2013

The PR Guy's job is to make sure the story is written with a positive spin. No matter how the principal acted. The PR Guy kills bad stories and bad spin and he averts crises. That's his job.

The PR guy's job is to make sure the right questions get asked at the live interview. And the wrong questions do not get asked. If your client cannot do interviews with out shitting herself, then she doesn't do any interviews.

Sarah Pailin ran for fucking Vice President and they refused every request for an interview for weeks. With good reason. Mitt Romney refused to give interviews. So they can certain fix it for AnnE.

Any asshole can tell when someone's verging on hysterics, and they're too wired. That's when you make sure the public sees lots of great photos of them with little kids and dogs, and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 19403/03/2013

I love it, R191.

by Anonymousreply 19503/03/2013

I think Anne Hathaway has tested the limits of her likability. Her talent and looks don't quite warrant the attention she's been getting. I think she needs to go away for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 19603/03/2013

Agree, R196. It's definitely time to "rest the brand." I can think of several people who need to "go away." Some for longer than others.

by Anonymousreply 19703/03/2013

She's very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 19803/03/2013

[quote]Everyone on Joan Rivers' show was ragging on her for wearing an H&M dress.

Of course they did; she's threatening their useless jobs.

by Anonymousreply 19903/03/2013

Hathaway mentioned she should have worn a bra with the pink dress. Has it not occurred to her that her stylist threw her under the bus by sending her out there with no bra? A good stylist checks for nipple-showing and other potential disasters before the client leaves the dressing room. Hathaway really must have pissed him/her off.

by Anonymousreply 20003/03/2013

In a way, I think part of the reason for all the negativity,is because I always though AnnE was a person of substance, and she is coming across as extremely superficial,self-centered, and very much the cliche'd Hollywood nightmare. She is a stereotypical Starzilla.

Its that she "cares" too much, and gets crazy and infantile about her wants, and is way too obvious. I can definitely see her throwing tantrums and making her husband and her "team" nuts. I'd bet she is an emotional abusive person who gets all apologetic afterwards.

This AnnE I've been seeing the past few months is really a pretty horible person and I didn't need to read anything in a tablid. Yes they lie & exagerrate, but her behavior was on display for all to see. Way too much drama.

by Anonymousreply 20103/03/2013

[quote]A good stylist checks for nipple-showing and other potential disasters before the client leaves the dressing room. Hathaway really must have pissed him/her off.

Hathaway shows her nipples in her movies all the time, big deal.

by Anonymousreply 20203/03/2013

Why hasn't Seyfried or her reps come out with a denial of this story if it didn't happen or was exaggerated? Or Rachel Zoe as well. Their silence seems to be a kind of confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 20303/03/2013

Amanda tweeted that she loves Anne. So maybe that's the denial.

by Anonymousreply 20403/03/2013

[quote]Why hasn't Seyfried or her reps come out with a denial of this story if it didn't happen or was exaggerated? Or Rachel Zoe as well. Their silence seems to be a kind of confirmation.

Anne herself end confirmed it, so what exactly needs to be confirmed here. By all accounts, Anne never once asked or implied that Amanda should change her dress, or even blame anyone.

by Anonymousreply 20503/04/2013

Confirm/deny the tabloid rumor that Anne threw a fit at the Dolby and made Seyfried so uncomfortable that she left rehearsals early. Re-read the original post. That's the harmful part of this story for Anne, that and the story that she made her style team sit around in silence while she prepped for the Oscar show. I don't think anyone's accusing her of asking or pressuring Seyfried to switch dresses.

by Anonymousreply 20603/04/2013

Amanda has a twitter?

What's her account? Anyone have a link?

by Anonymousreply 20703/04/2013

Rachel Zoe must be DYING right now. She lost a lot of clients in the last few years and AnnE is her marquis star. She had one of the worst dressed stories in recent memory of the Oscars. Who has to put out a press release apologizing for their Oscar gown?

AnnE did. Made Prada feel like a loser dress to the Valentino she wanted to wear. And put the crew through horrible last minute styling.

by Anonymousreply 20803/04/2013

Of course knew her nipples were showing.

by Anonymousreply 20903/04/2013

R206, I'm sure the Les Mis people were used to just wandering away from Anne during the long press tour. She seems like the kind of person people can only leave hanging.

by Anonymousreply 21003/04/2013

I'm not sure if Rachel Zoe is still dressing Anne. I know she's been dressing Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 21103/04/2013

Yeah, AnnE's PR team is doing a great job. Today the NYPost did a piece with her photo, on her Ex, the Italian criminal/con artist. Talked about how much he would've loved to be with her and be part of the Oscar hoopla. Said he's barred from the US because he's a felon, but he's trying to raise money to start his own energy company in Switzerland. Bless him. Point is, it seems like open season on AnnE.

by Anonymousreply 21203/04/2013

And Huvane's job is to quash these kinds of stories and so far he hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 21303/04/2013

[quote]Point is, it seems like open season on AnnE.

Somehow I don't feel sorry for her, she brings it all on herself.

by Anonymousreply 21403/04/2013

This is not the old days of PMK where Kingsley could dictate what kind of coverage her stars would receive because everyone in Hollywood was signed with her. The internet and Janice Min destroyed that. That's why PMK imploded. If a publication or website figures it has more to gain by ridiculing a celebrity than by sucking up to him, there's nothing holding them back anymore.

I bet Stephen has a nice butt.

by Anonymousreply 21503/04/2013

Hathaway is funny in this Funny or Die: Between Two Ferns Oscar Buzz Edition with Zack G.

by Anonymousreply 21603/04/2013

For those who think it's only one troll on Datalounge who cannot abide Ms. Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 21703/04/2013

Hathaway is Hollywood's Tracy Flick.

by Anonymousreply 21803/04/2013

TEAR THE BITCH APART!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21903/04/2013

I’m wondering if Anne’s no longer working with Zoe and is with someone else which led to this debacle. Her look throughout the entire awards season was so different from the past, very dull and monochrome. Say what you want about her persona but in the past she’s knocked it out of the park style-wise, bad as she was as Oscar host you have to admit she looked stunning. Not one bad look that entire night.

Saw the NYpost article today, I’m seriously wondering if she’s already dumped Huvane or pissed him off so mightily he’s hanging her out to dry. There’s no way he’d let that piece re-associating her with the Italian con be posted if he was seriously doing his job.

by Anonymousreply 22003/04/2013

She doesn't have any projects lined up because she wants to spend timw with her husband. They are newlyweds.

by Anonymousreply 22103/04/2013

Spend time with her husband? He practically lives in her pocket night day as is. I actually think they need to take a break from each other. Does she have any friends to have coffee, lunch with etc? I never see her out with anyone but him.

by Anonymousreply 22203/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.