Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Starsky & Hutch

Were they fucking?

by Anonymousreply 3206/04/2014

It always amazes me that Paul Michael Glaser never became poz. His wife had to have been poz a good 5-10 years before she learned of her status. I guess it goes to show how difficult it is for a straight guy to get the virus from a poz woman.

by Anonymousreply 103/01/2013

They were a couple

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2013

Paul Michael Glaser still looks hot for his age. David Soul looks like hell now.

by Anonymousreply 303/01/2013

David Soul looked like he had (has) a thick cock.

by Anonymousreply 403/01/2013

Paul Michael Glaser was the stuff of many a wet dream/masturbatory session when I was younger. Still hot in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 503/01/2013

David Soul had BDF, but that photo in r2's link shows that Glaser was a real meat man.

by Anonymousreply 603/01/2013

PMG in red long johns in this clip starting at the 1:34 mark from S&H really is the stuff of wet dreams. It's a wonder it got pass the censors. And then Starsky and Hutche's heavenly gay moment at 3:02 seals the deal.

by Anonymousreply 703/01/2013

R3 David Soul is 69, on his fifth marriage and now British. All things considered, he doesn't look too bad.

by Anonymousreply 803/01/2013

S&H fans take heed - if your cable provider carries the channel COZI, they're putting the show on their schedule in June.

by Anonymousreply 905/29/2014

I loved this show. I think this show started me on the road to enjoying slash; they were so handsy and their love was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 1005/29/2014

Great clip, r7! Thanks for finding and posting that.

by Anonymousreply 1105/29/2014

Lots of behind the scenes BJs

by Anonymousreply 1205/29/2014

[quote]I guess it goes to show how difficult it is for a straight guy to get the virus from a poz woman.

For assorted mysterious reasons, HIV has rarely been transmitted from women to men in the Western Hemisphere. In Africa it's MUCH more common. Could be different strains of the virus, could be the high rate of uncircumcised men in Africa; nobody knows exactly why.

by Anonymousreply 1305/29/2014

Who was writing for this show -- closeted gay men who wanted to "sneak" depictions of man-love on TV in a way that got past the censors? Well, they did it. These guys were pure homoerotic bro-love; it's mind boggling.

I know S&H is appreciated by flashers but I w onder if gay men saw this show for the man love bonanza it was or as just another buddy cop show.

by Anonymousreply 1405/31/2014

Fan favorite was shown today - "The Fix". It's a true gem; Hutch is shot up with heroin by the bad guy (Robert Loggia!). Starsky rescues him and lovingly nurses him thru cold turkey detox.

Much petting, stroking, hugging and loving looks are exchanged during this ordeal.

by Anonymousreply 1505/31/2014

Paul Michael Glaser said that he carried some kind of gene where it was hard for him to get infected, or something to that effect. I'm sure there's more info if you google it.

by Anonymousreply 1605/31/2014

Don't know if Paul Michael Glaser and David Soul were fucking, but Starsky and Hutch DEFINITELY were.

by Anonymousreply 1705/31/2014

Goddamn auto correct; that should be slashers not flashers.

by Anonymousreply 1805/31/2014

The sensitive side of Soul -

by Anonymousreply 1905/31/2014

Where's the cold turkey scene in THE FIX? I just scrolled through the episode and didn't see the nursing back to health part.

by Anonymousreply 2005/31/2014

Cody and Nick on Riptide sure were.

by Anonymousreply 2105/31/2014

They made me gay.

by Anonymousreply 2205/31/2014

Check again R20. Did you not see Starsky cradling Hutch on the bed in Huggy's spare room; see him holding him and wiping the sweat off of him? Helping him to drink some coffee?

Also, wait until the end of the episode. Hutch climbs down off the fence (where he jumped to escape a speeding car). As soon as his feet hit the ground, he throws himself into Starky's arm for a life affirming hug.

See the clip from Youtube...

by Anonymousreply 2305/31/2014

R14, the 70s was a far more liberal time than now. I was a teenaged straight girl and I recognised Starsky and Hutch for what it was. Gay men would've rolled their eyes that you even had to ask.

In my country we had overtly gay characters, in relationships, in some of our TV dramas, and none of them were doing half of what S&H were.

by Anonymousreply 2405/31/2014

I loved this movie, OP! Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson were actually funny. And Vince Vaughn too!

by Anonymousreply 2505/31/2014

R23, here's the full episode of THE FIX. I don't see those scenes anywhere in this episode, but they are really emotional scenes nonetheless. If I missed them, then my bad.

by Anonymousreply 2605/31/2014

Of COURSE there was homoerotic gay subtext. Intentional but in a time when you simply flew it all under the radar (barely) and that, somehow, made it all the more titillating. Clueless frau and straight morons saw it as just a buddy buddy show. People with brains saw the subtext.

by Anonymousreply 2705/31/2014

I think Hutch was the top.

by Anonymousreply 2805/31/2014

They were both hot. I loved the homoerotic blonde/brunette combos of the late '70s/early '80s (Bo and Luke Duke were another prime example).

by Anonymousreply 2906/01/2014

Isn't it funny how it's almost 40 years later and they still won't allow subtext to transform into text?

by Anonymousreply 3006/01/2014

Yes, that's really funny.

by Anonymousreply 3106/04/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!