Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm having an endoscopy on Monday

Hold me, Datalounge. I'm scared. The idea of someone PEERING into my body and maybe finding something there terrifies me. BAH.

by Anonymousreply 1903/02/2013

My lovely OP, just hold on, have some courage and make some little positive thoughts if are so scared and later, you will be more optimistic when it ends. Courage, my cutie, chin up!

Hugs and kisses to you my lil scared bunny, everything will be ok!

by Anonymousreply 103/01/2013

Don't forget there are more doctors who are sociopaths than any other profession.

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2013

endoscopy -- that's a tube down the throat into the stomach, right?

by Anonymousreply 303/01/2013

YES :-(

by Anonymousreply 403/01/2013

But you get drugs, right? And, unlike a colonoscopy, you don't have to drink a gallon of vile liquid and...purge.

by Anonymousreply 503/01/2013

It's more what they might FIND.

by Anonymousreply 603/01/2013

It's great! There's no prep at all, an that PROPOFOL sedative is fucking fantastic. You'll love the whole procedure.

by Anonymousreply 703/01/2013

Nothing to it really. Plus if they give you a nice topical relaxer for your esophagus you can head directly to the bookstore and deepthroat with the best of the trade!

by Anonymousreply 803/01/2013

I was knocked out when they did it to me.

by Anonymousreply 903/01/2013

Better they look and find and fix, then don't look, don't find and arrange your funeral.

by Anonymousreply 1003/01/2013

As others have said, it's no big deal at all. I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis and I can't even count the number of times I've had tubes down my throat (and elsewhere).

by Anonymousreply 1103/01/2013

Had two endoscopes. As long as you tolerate the anesthesia well, there should be no problems. No special prep beyond what is usually done for one-day procedures then you're rolled into the room and put under, waking up later very relaxed. The only problem you may have is a sore throat but the actual tube they use is quite small.

by Anonymousreply 1203/01/2013

OP we all send you our best wishes and as you see there are people in here like R11 and R12 who had that scary experience before. They are still alive and they had the sweetness to send you a reply to encourage you. I haven't that experience yet, but i really hope that your 'torture' will end soon, the torture of anticipation i mean. Don't get pale! Monday will come and will go. Sweet, kind Tuesday!

by Anonymousreply 1303/01/2013

Here is a piece of Calming Music for Meditation and Relaxation, Anxiety...

:)

Kisses. Stay as calm as you can sweetie. It will come and it will go.

by Anonymousreply 1403/01/2013

Uh, R14, how the fuck is THAT supposed to "calm" anyone with that scary queen's photo staring out at you and the very funeral'esque sound and visuals?

The OP wants to go home afterwards, not to the afterlife.

by Anonymousreply 1503/01/2013

Hisssssssss!

by Anonymousreply 1603/01/2013

The sad thing is when they find the esophageal cancer it's always so far gone that the test does no good except as a death sentence. The esophagus erodes and rots until it perforates, and food just drops through and ends up loose in your guts, and decays, causing gangrene.

Unless it's stomach cancer. Which does the same thing. Starving in horrible agony while choking up gobs of black cancer chunks - nasty.

Good luck, OP. Sorry to hear about your - uh - test.

by Anonymousreply 1703/01/2013

Don't worry, OP. I'm prepping for your procedure at this very moment.

by Anonymousreply 1803/01/2013

Don't worry OP -- the MD is going to take a peek in there and find the button you swallowed in second grade as well as all the gum you failed to spit out, against playground advice.

by Anonymousreply 1903/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.