Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Conservative columnist attacks Jane Fonda for attacking Oscar host Seth MacFarlane

Hanoi Jane turned 75 just before Christmas. Yes, 75.

Ms. Fonda is one sanctimonious, snide, shrill, privileged, traitorous, smokin’ hot 75-year-old.

Hard to believe Fonda plays the universally admired Nancy Reagan in a movie, The Butler, due out this year. (Note obviously he did not read Kitty Kelly's book!)

On her Oscars blog, she groused at Seth MacFarlane’s crack about George Clooney’s girlfriends and “all the comments about what women do to get thin for their dresses. “Waaaay too much stuff about women and bodies, as though that’s what defines us,” said the former fitness guru who made a bundle selling videos.

She especially hated Seth MacFarlane’s We Saw Your Boobs number.

Was she ticked because Seth forgot to mention seeing her own boobs in Barbarella, Coming Home and Klute, etc, etc?

Blogged Jane: “If they want to stoop to that, why not list all the penises we’ve seen?”

But folks always respond to Hanoi Jane, for good or bad.

by Anonymousreply 2303/01/2013

[quote]Hard to believe Fonda plays the universally admired Nancy Reagan...

This comment alone automatically makes anything else he has to say invalid.

by Anonymousreply 103/01/2013

This thread is a Datalounger's dream!

by Anonymousreply 203/01/2013

Oh for fuck sake, do we have some idiotic shill from the Toronto Sun?

We don't give a shit what conservative columnists think here, so why in the hell would you think someone who is a nobody here (and I'm sure in Canada, too) thinks?

Are you his mother?

by Anonymousreply 303/01/2013

No matter how vile the columnist is, read the comments; they're far worse.

by Anonymousreply 403/01/2013

I like her but someone commented on a Yahoo site that when she visited some Hanoi prison camp, soldiers slipped small papers with their names to have her let their families know they were alive.

She took those papers and turned them over to the guards and the prisoners were tortured and beaten. Sounds like a freeper story. Has anyone heard this? Or is it another Internet urban legend.

by Anonymousreply 503/01/2013

No thanks, R4. I already couldn't give a shit what the columnist thinks, let alone the idiots who'd not only read this nonsense, but agree with such nonsense.

Jane is wealthy and holding up well - I doubt the idiots shitting on her can say the same.

BTW, I thought McFarlane was fine, but these obsessed conservative morons stuck in a time warp are just useless turds who need to shrivel up and die like yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 603/01/2013

[quote]Sounds like a freeper story.

Ya think???

by Anonymousreply 703/01/2013

R6 the columnist is actually agreeing with you.

He felt MacFarlane was fine. It was Jane's critique of MacFarlane he is objecting to.

by Anonymousreply 803/01/2013

I was kind of embarassed for Seth when he sang the boob song with all the award-honored actresses names. It felt like watching MTV or Razzies. I don't care what reason, it was humiliatingly cheap way to impress.

by Anonymousreply 903/01/2013

Oh please, R8, I think Seth was fine because he was fine. This columnist would not think he was fine if Fonda thought he was fine - that's the difference.

All you have to do is look at conservatives and their stance on background checks when purchasing a gun to see that their opinions are not based on the "what," but on the "who." A majority of them believe in background checks, but when asked what they think of Obama wanting background checks, take a guess what these troglodytes say. They're such hypocritical, petulant douchebags.

There were a lot of people who were critical of McFarlane, yet he singles out Fonda, then mentions something about Nancy Reagan??? The guy is such a transparent douchebag, like the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 1003/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 1103/01/2013

This kind of childish humor is EVERYWHERE, so please spare the Oscar, we don't want the same shit in everyting.

by Anonymousreply 1203/01/2013

[R5] There's info about this on

The story is false, designed to maintain the hostility that already exists as well as recruit initiates in the AntiJane Army.

by Anonymousreply 1303/01/2013

"We showed our 'boobs' for our craft and because we are artists"

by Anonymousreply 1403/01/2013

OP is a trolling Canadian attempting to make their "edgy" politics happen here.

Go away OP. Don't you have some ice shuffling broom game to be playing, or something?

by Anonymousreply 1503/01/2013

actually the boob to penis ratio is not a fair comparison. Add that most penis shots are from not the conventionally handsome men in, mostly, non-sexual situation (think any Harvey Keitel penis shot) thus the shot is more or less artistic. Wheras, Holly, Naomi, charlize seem gratuitous for male audience.

by Anonymousreply 1603/01/2013

I love the story of how Halle Berry was paid more money to show her boobs in that totally unnecessary shot in SWORDFISH, presumably to cause more interest .... if thats not selling yourself what is ?

by Anonymousreply 1703/01/2013

That maybe in some cases r16 but some of the other actresses named were involved in rape scenes.

by Anonymousreply 1803/01/2013

The problem with the boob song for me is this, the actresses were topless because of the characters they were playing they weren't flashing us at Mardi Gras for beads. Seth's song was calling attention to the fact that we saw the actress as herself half naked not a character and that is publicly putting them in a vulnerable or gotcha moment that did not really happen. If he was working on a set with nudity and took that approach he would be considered really unprofessional and a big douche.

by Anonymousreply 1903/01/2013

The penis song would not bring comparable embarrassment maybe more along the lines of we saw you get but raped, we saw you get butt raped. In the movie that we saw we saw you get butt raped. Ned Beatty you got butt raped in Deliverance. Jake Gyllenhaal you gave up your butt in Brokeback Mountain, Tim Robbins you got raped in Shawshank etc.

by Anonymousreply 2003/01/2013

Canadian trash! Seal the borders!

by Anonymousreply 2103/01/2013

[quote]We don't give a shit what conservative columnists think here, so why in the hell would you think someone who is a nobody here (and I'm sure in Canada, too) thinks?

This, x1000.

by Anonymousreply 2203/01/2013

[quote]the universally admired Nancy Reagan

Ha! That's really funny.

by Anonymousreply 2303/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!