Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Elderly surgically altered crone Hanoi Jane Fonda criticizes Seth McFarlane

Poor Jane, she never did have a sense of humor did she? If only Daddy had loved her more.

by Anonymousreply 7003/02/2013

Hanoi Jane Fonda

Really, OP?

Your criticizing her for protesting Vietnam? Are you 80?

by Anonymousreply 102/28/2013

Or perhaps Seth McFarland's act was un-funny tripe. As many have said so.

by Anonymousreply 202/28/2013

OP, die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 302/28/2013

A father's love can take a daughter to heights she never imagined.

by Anonymousreply 402/28/2013

OP = Sarah Palin

Jane is 100% right.

As is Lena Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 502/28/2013

just here to provoke....enjoy! flame away!!!!

by Anonymousreply 602/28/2013

boobies!

by Anonymousreply 702/28/2013

[quote]Way too much stuff about women and bodies, as though that's what defines us.

Yeah. Like that hasn't part of what defined her. Let's also mention how she's modified her personal views to line up with whichever man she happens to be sleeping with at the moment.

She is not the one to be making this case.

by Anonymousreply 802/28/2013

I'll tell you one thing, do NOT tease a Viet Nam vet about Jane Fonda on Facebook.

My vet cousin starting posting all sorts of stuff about Hanoi Jane, and of course I had to respond.

I said something to the effect that the geezers needed to get over it, it's 2013 and she's FABULOUS! The hair, the "The Work", the make-up, the clothes. She's DIVINE!

Oops. The Viet Nam vets are still pissed. Really, really pissed and want her tried for treason. My cousins friends weighed in, and it was not pretty.

Lesson learned.

by Anonymousreply 1002/28/2013

"Better yet, remember that this is a telecast seen around the world watched by families with their children and to many this is neither appropriate or funny."

Um, isn't this the same woman who said the word "cunt" on live morning television?

by Anonymousreply 1302/28/2013

R10, don't be so hard on yourself; I knew her movies as a kid long before I learned what Hanoi Jane meant.

by Anonymousreply 1402/28/2013

Why are Vietnam vets angry at Jane Fonda and not the incompetent, corrupt generals and politicians that sent them over to that quagmire?

by Anonymousreply 1502/28/2013

[quote] not the incompetent, corrupt generals and politicians that sent them over to that quagmire?

They were but those people are all dead now.

by Anonymousreply 1702/28/2013

R11/16, I'm no big Jane Fonda fan; at the same time, you're a right wing jerk off.

by Anonymousreply 1802/28/2013

Plastic surgery or not, Jane looks ridiculously beautiful for 75. Now if only she can find a movie role to emphasize her incredible looks, and avoid her tendency for screechy performances.

by Anonymousreply 1902/28/2013

Oh R11/R16 is our frequent visitor, the Stormfront troll. I'm surprised he hasn't posted links to that racist chimpout site or something like that. It's refreshing that he's still as illiterate as ever.

by Anonymousreply 2002/28/2013

Jane Fonda has made political mistakes, no question. Most 25+ years ago.

Unlike Seth McFartlane, she has starred in movies that were popular worldwide. She has won -- not just hosted -- an Oscar. She speaks foreign languages. She is a sophisticated person. She called the US on some things that were wrong about Vietnam. Seth would come up vapid if questioned on the Iraq war, which is ignored and run from in America today although it happened not long ago. True, Jane she had some Botox but so has Seth at age 39.

She is cooler than Saw Your Boobs will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 2102/28/2013

Jane used to get gang fucked at Princeton and Yale in the late 50s when she was at Vassar.

Old boyfriend fucked her at Yale and so too did a lot of other frat boys/athletes.

Another friend watched her 69 with a football player on a pool table at Princeton in an Eating Club.

She used to be one hot pussy!

by Anonymousreply 2202/28/2013

Hey R22, would you have enjoyed being ploughed by the Princeton men yourself? I knew it.

by Anonymousreply 2502/28/2013

Here are Jane Fonda's boobs:

by Anonymousreply 2602/28/2013

It's ironic that only 10 years before she was called Hanoi Jane she was working for the Pentagon, out on tour, proclaiming that military life was rewarding.

by Anonymousreply 2702/28/2013

[quote]It's ironic that only 10 years before she was called Hanoi Jane she was working for the Pentagon, out on tour, proclaiming that military life was rewarding.

That's because old Jane has always flip-flopped back and forth on different issues and never knows what she really believes. Remember when she was so pro-atheism while married to Ted Turner, and then became a "born again Christian" after she got divorced?

She doesn't know what the hell she's talking about most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 2902/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 3002/28/2013

I was drafted and served in Vietnam, although I was against the war and almost went to Canada instead.

I have nothing but the highest respect for famous people who opposed the war and understood what they were talking about like Joan Baez, Pete Seeger and many others.

Jane Fonda is another story. While almost 50 years later Baez and Seeger are still just as politically active on the left as ever, Fonda has changed her life several times, including a fixation on workout video. Maybe she wanted to please her several husbands and boyfriends. But I have no idea if she had any real understanding of the Vietnam war.

by Anonymousreply 3202/28/2013

They should be glad he talked about their boobs rather than the fact that most of them are known simply as cunts.

by Anonymousreply 3302/28/2013

She is a flake but has had a fascinating life and has a commanding presence.

Saw her in a Broadway play about classical music. First B'way show she joined in a zillion years and she did great. Has a thrilling voice.

Like my parents she is old-school but independent at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 3702/28/2013

Is she still fluent in French?

by Anonymousreply 3902/28/2013

We like debate. Just like smarter people doing it.

by Anonymousreply 4002/28/2013

I RAPED MY GRANDMOTHER WITH A FIRE POKER!

by Anonymousreply 4102/28/2013

She helped bring aware to the American people the injustices of the Vietnam war and the lies our government told its people. In doing so, she hastened the end of the Vietnam war and our withdrawal from that land.

Jane Fonda is as much of an American Hero as Betsy Ross.

by Anonymousreply 4303/01/2013

Betsy Ross!?! She just sewed...hardly a hero.

by Anonymousreply 4403/01/2013

[quote]Wake me when she apologizes for her treasonous acts during the Vietnam war.

Jane has apologized numerous times over the years, but her detractors refuse to listen to anything she has to say. It's been 40 years, time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 4503/01/2013

LOL, I thought that was the point, R44.

by Anonymousreply 4603/01/2013

[quote]They were but those people are all dead now.

Henry Kissinger still lives and is responsible for the death of Americans, Vietnamese, Laotians and Cambodians. If you want to hold a grudge, hold it against Kissinger.

by Anonymousreply 4703/01/2013

My, what a harsh and vulgar reaction. Why should people listen to me? They aren't obliged to listen. However, I already made my point above: Fonda annoyed a lot of people, but Kissinger got a lot of people killed. Which is more worthy of a dire grudge?

by Anonymousreply 4903/01/2013

Sorry OP,I'm not trying to divert the topic,but I'm just curious, is Seth McFarlane gay?

by Anonymousreply 5003/01/2013

Crone, screeching, traitorous....yeah, yeah.

She is a bit sketchy with men, but so are most of you. Ha.

Of course Fonda is right and even went a bit easy on McFarlane. His stuff was kind of intriguing, even if it was meant to be self-aware or satirical, it reavealed much more. A stupid pig sense of humour, and some fear of women and none too comfortable with the guys either. Very insecure guy it seems.

Whoever upthread used the word screechy, your misogynist adjectives come too quickly without thought. Jane Fonda has one of the most beautiful speaking voices in culture. I am a musician, a graduate of the Royal Conservatory of Music, and a voice teacher to select students.

Jane Fonda's voice has been used for years to help actors and singers to place their voice and control their breath and diction without sounding affected. Sorry but I have to throw that in. Her voice is getting shaky, but listen to her in Klute, or They Shoot Horses Don't They or Agnes of God. A thrilling voice as r37 said. Don't underestimate it. Meryl doesn't have one, but can imitate them. Most of Judi Dench's career is owed to her voice.

Yes Fonda has moved left and right from the baseline of her lefty position over the years. Having surgery or being married to Ted Turner presents no conflict with basic feminist principles. People should not be reduced to their body parts or judged by their weight, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender. Their accomplishments should not be diminished due to gender or appearance.

I get that this is a difficult concept on DL, for some people and I could have said it better.

But it really isn't too hard to understand. A joke can go buy, but it was the aggregate of his jokes and their themes that some didn't like.

Me included. Fonda is in a rare position that she doesn't really make films anymore and has been more than hated before. She speaks her mind. She is a bit too intelligent for the majority to understand but she continues to speak out regarding many issues, not only Oscar hosts. I don't think she is worried about being called a screechy crone. 75 is not young, no matter how good she looks. I think she gets it.

I think Jane is a bit flaky and two operations past where she should have stopped. She has many levels of intelligence and a life full of mistakes. She has admitted and examined most all of them and seems willing to continue. She was once extremely sexy and radical and has had most all of the fucked up behaviors a psyche can manifest. She is heroic in her good luck and little else, but is not a bad role model and has a great body and voice.......read her book, it is long and detailed and interesting, and far from an ego excursion.

She should be far more respected than she is, but it is not possible even now, with all of America'a unjust wars, to forgive an early overzealous objector?

by Anonymousreply 5103/01/2013

R51 gets Fonda correct.

by Anonymousreply 5203/01/2013

Agree with r51 and r52.

I love her, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who felt Fonda's face was bit too tightly pulled at the Oscars. A few years ago her face looked fantastic and vibrant with the lines around her eyes. Now she looks like a Beverly Hills lady who sorta looks like Jane Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 5303/01/2013

OH! Enough of this.

Hey, did ya hear that the bass player in the Association died of a heroin overdose? It's on the internets

by Anonymousreply 5403/01/2013

She's an icon and I adore her. Tough broad.

by Anonymousreply 5503/01/2013

As for the Hanoi chapter, I'm with R32 in sharing Fonda's opposition to the war, but in finding that the thoroughness and humorlessness of her many reinventions cast much doubt on any integrity other than a fervor of whatever moment, whatever passing phase.

I don't count the Hanoi episode against her (though perhaps less fully in her favor than I otherwise would because her actions seemed more Patty Hearst in her gun-toting, oats-sowing SLA phase than anything deriving of real conviction -- a life-long pattern.

As an actress, I find her annoying as all hell, even in her couple of acclaimed roles. Were she a good actress, I'd tend to overlook her opinions on other matters except that she's spent most of my lifetime being so damned strident and prickly about her cause du jour -- many of them rather suspect: the fitness queen, the trapped in 1960s rhetoric feminist who defines herself (even as she bristles at the thought) as the wife/girlfriend of the rich and powerful and famous, the defender of women whose body of work was largely as a dimwitted sex object.

If she were a great actress, a lot could be overlooked, but she's a shit actress. And people like her because she's famous, an "icon", a "tough broad", Yes, she looks great for 75, or 55 for that matter, but that just illustrates the fundamental split of a woman whose fame was built on connections and appearances spending a lifetime railing against the very things that gave her a platform and which she doesn't exactly shun. She seems to have spent her life chasing after substance on the one way, but being forever sidetracked by the frivolous, and never letting up on her half-baked rantings along the way.

by Anonymousreply 5603/02/2013

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 5703/02/2013

Oh c'mon r56. She gave some truly brilliant performances. (Klute & They Shoot Horses Don't They) and a number of very good ones. Calling her a shit actress just makes you sound like a kvetch.

by Anonymousreply 5803/02/2013

Jane Fonda has no room to talk. She has sexualized herself for fame and money for eons and now she wants to bash SM? Women are huge hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 5903/02/2013

Hey, Jane...

WE SAW YOUR BOOBS!

by Anonymousreply 6003/02/2013

R50 raises an excellent question. What do we think about Seth MacFarlane - is he "family"? Maybe? kinda, sorta?

And NO, I don't want to fuck him, it's just that he increasingly pings...

by Anonymousreply 6103/02/2013

Not sure if this is relevant to anything, but I used to have Henry Fonda's old phone number (UES). One day someone called, looking for Raquel Welch.

I have no idea what that means but thought I'd share.

by Anonymousreply 6203/02/2013

R61,

He pings more than a Saturday afternoon at Playland in the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 6303/02/2013

R62,

With a SkeeBall tournament!

by Anonymousreply 6403/02/2013

oOPS i MEAN i'M r63

by Anonymousreply 6503/02/2013

She looks damn good for 75! Even if she had some work done she doesn't have that shiny, pulled back plastic surgery look that so many older actresses have.

by Anonymousreply 6603/02/2013

[quote]Poor Jane, she never did have a sense of humor did she?

If you genuinely thought Seth MacFarlane's trite middlebrow fratboy shtick was funny, OP, you're in no position to be casting any stones.

by Anonymousreply 6703/02/2013

FOR THE LOVE OG GOD, WILL A VIETNAM VET PLEASE SHIT IN MY MOUTH?!!!

by Anonymousreply 6803/02/2013

I thought she looked great. Heck, I wouldn't even mind seeing her boobs now.

by Anonymousreply 6903/02/2013

bump for a classy lady!

by Anonymousreply 7003/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.