Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chris Brown reveals Elton John friendship: 'He supports me'

Chris Brown reveals Elton John friendship: 'He supports me'

Published Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 2:25pm EST | By Justin Harp

Chris Brown has opened up about his friendship with Sir Elton John.

The 'Forever' star was in attendance for John's AIDS Foundation gala over the weekend, where he told PageSix that the 'Rocket Man' singer is one of his most supportive friends.

"I met Elton about a year ago, and he's been a good friend to me," Brown revealed.

Brown was also asked about a potential musical collaboration with John, who has sold more than 250 million albums worldwide.

"Music is music. It transcends everything, so I would love it if we could work together," he explained.

It was reported this week that Brown and his girlfriend Rihanna are planning a summer wedding, although those claims have not been officially confirmed.

Brown spoke about his troubled past with Rihanna days ago, describing his 2009 assault of the 'We Found Love' singer as "the deepest regret of [his] life".

by Anonymousreply 3603/01/2013

I guess Elton tasted the dick, and said...

by Anonymousreply 102/28/2013

[quote]All the shit the media loads on CB can't change that.

Yeah, the media was the one who beat the shit out of Rihanna.

by Anonymousreply 302/28/2013

Elton was always partial to rough trade.

by Anonymousreply 402/28/2013

Eminem. Rush Limbaugh. Chris Brown. Elton can sure pick them.

by Anonymousreply 502/28/2013

Maybe Madonna was right about this old windbag queen.

He really seems to be a nasty piece of work. He has absolutely no sense of principle or morals. He'll align himself with anything that can get him more press.

by Anonymousreply 602/28/2013

elton John would have given Hitler fashion advice if he'd asked.

by Anonymousreply 702/28/2013

It's funny how he trashes Madge as an artist, but he thinks Chris Brown and Feminem are great. I'm so glad I never liked him. Makes it easier to continue not liking him.

by Anonymousreply 802/28/2013

Here he goes again, defending a homophobe. Certain douchey gay celebs seem to love to do that, and have a pattern of doing it, Elton, Melissa and Rosie among them. They love to think they speak for the gay community and forgive and defend homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 902/28/2013

Elton is a sociopath. He's friends with Rush Limbaugh, a right-wing hate spewing creep. And now he's cozying up to a woman beating closet case.

How nice for him.

by Anonymousreply 1002/28/2013

[quote]He supports me

Well, now we know where he gets all those cars.

by Anonymousreply 1102/28/2013

R2 needs to move on.

Elton John has for decades been known for his lack of ethics and his complete selfishness. As noted here. Anything to keep in the limelight and keep the dough pouring in.

I can get over all sorts of human frailty in artists, but certain lines when crossed make me tune the assholes out. Brown is one of them. Kanye is another. The unmitigated nastiness of their personalities negate anything they do - just seeing them is an offense.

by Anonymousreply 1202/28/2013

Elton John is a genius, and I think the best pop music entertainer in his generation, but he is a gigantic dope and totally irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 1302/28/2013

Does Elton even make music anymore or has he officially turned into a professional celebrity? Does he even do concerts of his back catalog anymore or does he just do $500,000 private concerts for millionaire birthday parties? HACK.

by Anonymousreply 1402/28/2013

Elton is such a gay Uncle Tom with his "friendships" with homophobes who use gay slurs: Eminem, Rush Limbaugh, Chris Brown, etc.

Old fat Elton is such a pathetic joke.

by Anonymousreply 1502/28/2013

Serious question - Is Elton actually "friends" with Limbaugh in any meaningful sense of the word, or did he just perform at his wedding that one time?

Even if it's the latter, I still think it's inexcusable and a disgrace to the gay community. I'm just wondering in case I should be disliking him more than I already do.

by Anonymousreply 1602/28/2013

Elton is an old gasbag. He is irrelevant. For once, Vadge is right.

by Anonymousreply 1702/28/2013

r16, I don't think they're friends in the sense that they have gab fests on the phone once a week. But they are on friendly terms and would probably receive each other warmly if they ran into each other at a party.

by Anonymousreply 1802/28/2013

And I support my fellow 12 #1's on Billboard Hot 100 peer Rihanna. She is the heir to my pop throne.

by Anonymousreply 1902/28/2013

Lawd, I know all his fans and detractors over at Lipstick Alley are going to have a field day with this story.

Hell, R2 sounds like one of those bird/hoodrats from that site who take up for him anyhow, taking up for an ill-tempered woman-beater.

by Anonymousreply 2002/28/2013

[quote]Serious question - Is Elton actually "friends" with Limbaugh in any meaningful sense of the word, or did he just perform at his wedding that one time?

He's actually friends with him and says he sends "the loveliest emails". (gag)

by Anonymousreply 2103/01/2013

Careful Chris, Elton is just gathering info for yet another rewrite after your demise:

"And it seems to me you lived your life, like a short-fused, unstable firecracker in the wind."

by Anonymousreply 2203/01/2013

Another reason to loath Dame Elton.

by Anonymousreply 2303/01/2013

This is FAKE

It's a fake story planted by his (very) expensive, new PR person, who he hired to help rebuild his reputation. His publicist is named Nicole Perna (who is a little psychotic, & would cut a bitch for printing bad press about her clients) The info is out there, please don't be fooled!

"In his search to turn his image around for the new year, Chris Brown has joined the A-list roster of BWR Publicist Nicole Perna.   Nicole was considered one of the 20 Most Powerful Publicists in Hollywood. Hopefully she does a better job for Chris than Lindsey’s new publicist."

by Anonymousreply 2403/01/2013

Christopher Brown is hot. He could whoop my ass any day.

by Anonymousreply 2603/01/2013

[quote]Fags like good looking guys no matter how disgusting they are.

Chris Brown is good looking? Ah, no.

by Anonymousreply 2703/01/2013

He may be a jerk but even I can see he's quite the dish

by Anonymousreply 2803/01/2013

[quote]"Music is music. It transcends everything, so I would love it if we could work together," he explained.

This never came out of Chris Brown's mouth. No way that guy even knows the meaning of 'transcends'.

by Anonymousreply 2903/01/2013

Elton wants to be popular with the swagtarded homophobes. Sad really.

by Anonymousreply 3003/01/2013

Elton comes off like Madonna when she attached herself to current popular pop stars (back then) like Britney and Kylie by having their names on T-shirts she wore (or whored out) during performances or making out with them on stage.

by Anonymousreply 3103/01/2013

Madonna didn't gravitate to Britney because she was popular. She gravitated to her because she saw herself in Britney, without the cynicism and coldness.

by Anonymousreply 3203/01/2013

R32, Not true at all. When Britney first debuted on the scene in like 99', Madonna dissed her. Once Britney became a sensation & Madonna's American Life album started flopping, Madonna started singing her praises and latching on to her like a leech desperate for attention. She had to hang on to the sexiest thing in music at the time like an old soccer mom trying to keep up. The VMA kiss and duet was all Madonna's doing. How can she see herself in Britney? Britney didnt plan to become a sensation. She never believed in her own hype. Britney is the least self-aware & least calculating of the stars and Madonna is the most calculating.

by Anonymousreply 3303/01/2013

Still relevant

by Anonymousreply 3403/01/2013

Elton John is dead to me

by Anonymousreply 3503/01/2013

I wonder if Chrissy has shown Elton his snake dick.

by Anonymousreply 3603/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!