Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NATE BERKUS having baby with surrogate after dating boyfriend for just EIGHT MONTHS!

This is a wrong move. Some gay men seem so desperate to have kids these days. Eight months together is not a foundation to bring a baby into.

by Anonymousreply 7203/01/2013

Have you guys tried the new Nate Berkus collection at Target? Any good?

by Anonymousreply 102/28/2013

"Nate came to LA, bought a luxury Mercedes and saw a Hollywood Hills home and nabbed it all in the same day"

Uh-oh, that kind of impulsivity sounds like manic depression.

by Anonymousreply 202/28/2013

Nate is the ideal gay Jewish bf that we all want to parade around on our arms.

by Anonymousreply 302/28/2013

It only takes a straight couple 20 minutes or so....gayequality#

by Anonymousreply 402/28/2013

op, r2 and r3 will be rounded up an killed

Don't mess with Nate.

by Anonymousreply 502/28/2013

Straight people do it all the time, albeit usually unintended. He ain't getting any younger - it's do or die time for kids.

by Anonymousreply 602/28/2013

So, gays with babies is the new accessory for this season? It seems everyone, however unsuitable (Perez, I'm looking at you) needs to be part of the latest fad.

by Anonymousreply 702/28/2013

I want babies Every Day

by Anonymousreply 802/28/2013

[quote]it's do or die time for kids.

Have you not been paying attention?

by Anonymousreply 902/28/2013

The kid better take swim lessons if he hopes to make it to adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 1002/28/2013

Even if they break up, Nate seems like he'd make a good Dad. Remember, the poor guy went through hell in that Tsunami where he lost his boyfriend. After something like that, he probably feels he has to live to the fullest. I don't think he's particularly interesting or innovative but that's just me. Oprah touched him with her magic wand (before her batteries wore out) and he's gold now. I can totally see him making impulsive buys but who cares. He's rich. He does sound like he's gone a bit Hollywood for sure.

by Anonymousreply 1102/28/2013

Straights do it? Please find me a straight couple that conceived a baby through a surrogate after eight months of dating. This has never happened.

by Anonymousreply 1202/28/2013

He once took care of three kids for the day on an Oprah Show

If I'd had ovaries I'd have ovulated.....the kids LOVED him!

by Anonymousreply 1302/28/2013

Well R12 - straights go to surrogacy as a last resort because of biology. Doesn't mean they don't have kids after 8 months or even less.

by Anonymousreply 1402/28/2013

We must stop using the term "breeders" to describe the heteros. It doesn't distinguish them from us anymore. We're all doing it too, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 1502/28/2013

Yeah. That relationship'll last.

by Anonymousreply 1602/28/2013

Jeremiah Brent is cute.

by Anonymousreply 1702/28/2013

See you at The Abbey, Nate! Kisses!

by Anonymousreply 1802/28/2013

Nate decided that he needed a new accessory for that pricey baby doll bed.

by Anonymousreply 1902/28/2013

Christ, I'm all for gay parenting, but why can't they just adopt babies. I don't know an infant with no mother just kind of makes me sad.

Having a family with a guy one hasn't even been dating for a year seems jejeune, and foolhardy.

by Anonymousreply 2002/28/2013

Is Miss Nate going to deliver the baby through his mussy?

At 41, that ass-clock is definitely ticking!

Btw, that boyfriend is MUCH better looking than Nate. Like, he's STUNNING.

No wonder she's in such a hurry. Even Nate knows it won't last before his Jeremiah makes an upgrade.

by Anonymousreply 2102/28/2013

Upgrade? r21, you really demean gay couples when you talk about them like that.

by Anonymousreply 2202/28/2013

"Straight people do it all the time, albeit usually unintended."

Yep. So why are all the self-loathing gays here holding gays to a different standard?

"I don't know an infant with no mother just kind of makes me sad."

I doubt straight single dads (or straight single moms) make you all that sad. Homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 2302/28/2013

What a couple of vacuous knobs.

Oh well. They should be able to screw up a kids life too. Isn't that what we're fighting for?

by Anonymousreply 2402/28/2013

R2 Yeah, something tells me this won't end well.

BTW, notice how it's almost always the famous person that insists on being the bio parent and rarely the partner?

by Anonymousreply 2502/28/2013

Jeremiah is my dream guy. Nate's getting old looking.

Funny thing I remember, years ago Halle Berry saying that she wanted to have Nate's baby on Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 2602/28/2013

8 months is pretty early in the relationship but maybe Nate really wants a baby now. He's got the male biological clock ticking syndrome. They just need to draw up legal custody rights papers in case they do break up

Lots of single women willingly use sperm donors to get pregnant and have a baby. Yet no one calls that wanting an accessory.

Even Perez Hilton is probably sincere about his baby.

Before gay men who wanted families got married to women. Now those men who formerly would have stayed unhappily in the closet now openly can get to have the kids they always wanted without having to live some false life. We should be happy about this.

by Anonymousreply 2702/28/2013

I wonder what this is really about. Nate Berkus seems like he lives his life for the camera. He sold his NY place and moved to LA FOR this GUY? Really? And they have only been together eight months? That's pretty impetuous and foolhardy to make such a major life change for such a short lived, untested relationship. I mean, Berkus uprooted his entire life. Seems like this is all happening too fast for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 2802/28/2013

[quote]Jeremiah is my dream guy.

He looks like a million other gay white LA queens.

by Anonymousreply 2902/28/2013

The reason is he is a pathetic attention whore r28. His 15 minutes in NYC was very brief, so since he moved.

by Anonymousreply 3002/28/2013

[bold]The Year? 2031 The place? Boca Raton...[/bold]

"The Tsunami Story, then the cancelled TV Show clips, and then the Mint and Chocolate Pouf... You wonder why I don't bring nice girls home."

"After all the painful plastic surgeries I've had for you, perhaps you could give me a little respect!. Is that to much to ask?"

[bold]You're not my real mom, Dad![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 3103/01/2013

[quote] So, gays with babies is the new accessory for this season?

Yes. Gaybies are the new accessory this season

by Anonymousreply 3203/01/2013

In the article posted by the OP, Nate and boyfriend want ONLY a MALE child.

They say they wouldn't know what to do with a girl.

This sounds very immature and may not end well.

A surrogate could very well have a female child.

If they want ONLY a boy, then they should adopt. But, of course, they sound too immature, egotistical, and narcissistic for that.

Plus they would have to pass the rigorous review of social workers and adoption workers in order to be granted an adoption - which is something no one relishes.

by Anonymousreply 3303/01/2013

I don't see the big deal, r33. Straight guys are the same way about wanting sons. Like a lot of guys, Nate wants a son to toss a football around with, take to sporting events, go to the batting cages with, those sorts of things.

by Anonymousreply 3403/01/2013

R34, when one is having a baby, one cannot choose the gender of the baby.

So it is wise to be welcoming to both a boy or a girl.

It is usually looked upon as not wise to say one wants one or the other because it might bring bad luck, illness, poor health, or a baby with disabilities.

Since a girl could be born to Nate and boyfriend thru the surrogate, it is adult, wise, mature, and not tempting fate to be welcoming to both a boy baby and a girl baby.

What happens, after stating so definitely that they want a boy, when a girl baby appears? Try to disguise disappointment when everyone knows it wasn't what you wanted?

by Anonymousreply 3503/01/2013

R34, deal in gender stereotypes and misguided gender specific behavior much?

You sound like something out of the 1950's.

by Anonymousreply 3603/01/2013

Having some poor (literally) woman to have a baby for you just because you can isnt right. it's greedy. i feel it almost biological that a baby needs a mother. on some level. especially during the beginning of life. Nate Berkus is a little too self-impressed for me. and i have seen him a few times in real life. he's got Tom Cruise height, chubby waist and thick fat fingers.

by Anonymousreply 3703/01/2013

[r34] was making a j*o*k*e.

by Anonymousreply 3803/01/2013

What some people are misinformed about on this thread is the fact that yes you can choose the sex of your baby through IVF.

It's really expensive but it's done all the time with celebs.

How do you think Julia Roberts had boy/girl twins? Or Angelina Jolie (in spite of her denials)? Almost every single boy/girl twins was done with expensive sex selection.

More info at the link. Nate's got money to burn, he can do this.

by Anonymousreply 3903/01/2013

It'll go so well with the decor!

by Anonymousreply 4003/01/2013

Does this baby make me look straight?

by Anonymousreply 4103/01/2013

This is silly talk--everyone knows only straight people make fit parents.

by Anonymousreply 4203/01/2013

LOVE the comments on the Daily Hate Mail. So glad we're sending them clicks!

by Anonymousreply 4303/01/2013

Some straight women get knocked up on the first date. Didn't James Marsden impregnate some tramp like that?

by Anonymousreply 4403/01/2013

Straight or gay it doesn't matter, when rich people have babies they get illegal aliens to rear them.

Do you think NPH helps rear his kids? I doubt it, he has nannies to do that.

by Anonymousreply 4503/01/2013

I thought Neil Patrick Harris' partner, David Burtka, stays at home a lot and raises their two kids.

by Anonymousreply 4603/01/2013

Nate is such a sugar homo. There is NO WAY IN HELL this guy will stay with him any length of time. It'll be on to the next rich guy.

by Anonymousreply 4703/01/2013

So what if they have a girl, they can sell it to Rosie O'Donnell at a cut rate.

by Anonymousreply 5003/01/2013

Do babies come with receipts and return policies these days?

by Anonymousreply 5103/01/2013

So you are not denying that gay male couples go for little boys?

by Anonymousreply 5203/01/2013

They should name him... FERNANDO!

by Anonymousreply 5303/01/2013

eBay was made for situations like this.

by Anonymousreply 5403/01/2013

This will get old eventually.

by Anonymousreply 5503/01/2013

Like, omg... when babies go out of style, can we trade them in for a new one?? I'd hate to not have the latest and greatest, like, you know what I mean??

by Anonymousreply 5603/01/2013

Nate takes a Crate and Barrel catalog and puts his name on it.

by Anonymousreply 5703/01/2013

[quote]LOVE the comments on the Daily Hate Mail

Especially since ALL the comments about this at DL are so positive, as always.

by Anonymousreply 5803/01/2013

Somebody pointed out to him that his biological clock is ticking. I think most people on datalounge would have benefited from hearing this comment themselves. No time like the present.

by Anonymousreply 5903/01/2013

Lots of incredibly stupid not to mention homophobic comments on here.

Lots of straight couples point out they have a sex preference for their child. They may come from an all female family and feel more comfortable with girls or the reverse or just have a preference.

I see nothing unusual in a man saying he'd be more comfortable with a boy, especially if he's never had a sister. It's just the fear of the unknown like handling menstruation, PMS and other issues dealing with girls more than wanting a designer baby.

People should stop being such judgmental asses.

by Anonymousreply 6003/01/2013

I've never understood why so many gay guys date someone who looks so similar to themselves

these guys look like midget twins

by Anonymousreply 6103/01/2013

in a few years, when their relationship inevitably ends, they will send out a tweet saying they have nothing but respect for each other and that their main concern is for the baby

by Anonymousreply 6203/01/2013

if I remember correctly, Jeremiah isn't a member of the brain trust so hopefully it will be Nate's sperm and not the half-wits

by Anonymousreply 6303/01/2013

so I guess there's no embarrassment in dating a reality show cast member

by Anonymousreply 6403/01/2013

R60, you are wrong. Lots of straight couples do NOT spout off about a gender preference for their forthcoming baby.

You do not know what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 6503/01/2013

Ugh! Another "gay" pervert having a boy. What is up with these homosexuals and children? Anita Bryant was really onto something back in the day. Hire her again!!!

by Anonymousreply 6603/01/2013

[quote]I see nothing unusual in a man saying he'd be more comfortable with a boy,

That's what priests say and we know how well that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 6703/01/2013

Please die, R48, and soon.

By your own hand or someone else's, it doesn't matter. The world will be better off.

by Anonymousreply 6803/01/2013

R65 You've obviously never talked to a straight person in your life. They're like everyone else and have preferences. The many, many, many sites devoted to how to conceive a boy or girl attest to that.

Here are some methods suggested for conceiving boys: 1. eating potato skins. 2. Alkaline showers--vaginal douching 3. Use the spooning sex position. 4. Eat Papaya 5. Have sex close to ovulation

There's even a method invented for STRAIGHT COUPLES to conceive a boy and it's called The Shetties Method. There's also one called The Whelan Method and another called The Chinese Method.

This is not to even mention the numerous fertility clinics now offering gender selection and that gender selection have been of interest for heterosexual couples for CENTURIES.

Now you can continue arguing that Straight couples aren't into gender selection. You only sound like a Big Fool when you do.

by Anonymousreply 6903/01/2013

There was a study published by Moriarty et al in The Journal of Family Psychology in 2011 that showed that the more daughters a straight married guy has, the more likely he is to turn to other men for sex. The results showed that these households, with their elevated levels of estrogen, were often emasculating for many men in the study, and the only way they could fully get back their sense of masculinity was to sleep with other men.

Specifically, the study was double blind with 1,590 participants in female- and male-dominated households culled from phone and in-person interviews. Results showed that 86% of the married men from the female-dominated homes had sex with other men vs. 38% in the male-dominated homes. The results were statistically significant.

by Anonymousreply 7003/01/2013

R69, the vast majority of straight couples do not voice publicly a preference for a boy or a girl baby.

They know that they are lucky just to get a healthy baby whether it happens to be a boy or girl

Sex selection thru IVF involves lots of potentially cancer-producing fertility treatments and is done in the vast majority of cases only when a woman has had other children. It involves a set of very much unwanted harsh procedures for the women. It also costs 10's of 1000's of dollars. Read about the harsh procedures at

The unwise, immature act is stating publicly what gender one wants.

And making a surrogate go thru harsh potentially cancer-producing fertility treatments and other harsh medical procedures just to produce a boy for a male gay couple is a road taken that deserves scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 7103/01/2013

R71 You're plain wrong. People say it all the time that they're hoping for a girl or boy which if you bothered to read the article is all Nate said.

"The couple, who are believed to have been dating for about eight months, want to use a surrogate, and are hoping for a boy, the New York Post revealed. 'I wouldn’t know how to deal with a little girl,' he is said to have told guests."

Firstly the article is mostly hearsay.

Secondly, where the hell do you get from that that he was going to do some sex selection IVF method? You sound insane and homophobic

by Anonymousreply 7203/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!